Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Threaded View

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Book Three Synopsis so far (Ch60 - Ch64) now up!

Hey guys!

The final chapter synopses are here: this one takes us from the start of Book III (Chapter 60) to the most recently-posted chapter (Chapter 64) which you may note, possibly with horror, was posted exactly one year ago today.

That's the longest break between posted chapters for this fic in it's history, but I'm rather untroubled by this, as this break has also coincided with the most prolific period of LTL writing that I've had for many years. Yes, many years.

So, don't worry, because new chapters are going to hit your screen very soon, I just need a little more time to ... well ... I can't say what yet, but basically, I need more time before new chapters go up. But not much more time. Within the month, the ball should be rolling, I hope. I'd like to be going much faster, but I'm in the middle of my final semester of my degree, which is something I really don't want to stuff up; thus, I'm prioritising my studies, naturally, but this fic will be progressing, a lot, and very soon. Trust me.

Also, I want to thank you all for the awards LTL and I received at the 2009 Silver Pencil Awards: your dedication and loyalty to this fic is appreciated more and more with each year that passes. So, thanks to all readers, and I hope what's coming will reward your commitment in some way!

One last thing: the title of Book III has been changed to Rogue. I hope you find it interesting (your responses are always more than welcome) and I think it serves as a nice teaser for what's on the horizon for Lisa the Legend.

I'm going to return to the current chapter I'm working on now and let you readers - old and new - get up to speed with the last few chapters of this fic so far. Hope you enjoy.

Not long to go now! Woooooot!

Cheers, everyone!

- Gavin.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Lisa the Legend – Synopsis.

Lisa the Legend III: Rogue.

Chapter 60 - Letters.

After a month stuck in Redwood Hospital following complications from the bullet wound she received on Mt Fairfax, Lisa is told by Nurse Emma that she is free to return home the following day. Ecstatic to be leaving after so many weeks of feeling cooped up, trapped and depressed, Lisa writes to Gavin to inform him of the news. They have both been kept on the ward while recovering from their ordeal, and have taken to frequent letter-writing to keep in touch.

Lisa signs a discharge form and realises that she really will be departing at last and joining Marina and Darius at the Guard’s Safe House. Despite her weeks in hospital, she has followed the Union-Guard war in the newspapers and is aching to have more insight into what’s going on behind the scenes.

In his reply letter, Gavin asks Lisa to come and see him in person before she leaves the hospital: he has something serious he says he must discuss with her.

Chapter 61 - The Promise.

The following morning, Lisa suffers from an acute panic attack. Comforted by Emma, Lisa is promptly counselled by the resident youth psychologist, Doctor Tanner, who talks Lisa through her past trauma and explains that her emotional response was long overdue, given all the things that have happened to her in the past.

Relieved after her talk with Doctor Tanner, Lisa goes to see Gavin in his room. He has lost a great amount of weight and is dangerously thin thanks to the physical trauma he suffered on Mount Fairfax; his head is also shaved.

After catching up with Lisa briefly, Gavin tells her he is not going to return with her to the Safe House, but instead will embark on his own mission to uncover the secrets of his family’s curse – beginning with a trip to Cianwood Island to visit a Seer. Lisa is upset at Gavin for leaving her before accepting the reality of the situation; when Gavin becomes vulnerable and asks her to take care of his affairs in the event of his death, Lisa promises to always be there for him.

Chapter 62 - Union Supremacy.

As Lisa begins to leave Gavin’s room – her parents will be arriving to pick her up at any moment – he asks for his camera back from her backpack. She returns to her room to retrieve the camera. After picking it up, she sees through the window that her parents’ car is in the carpark.

Deciding to meet them on their way up, Lisa runs to the elevator. When it opens, however, she receives the shock of her life: Nurse Emma’s body lies bleeding in the lift, riddled with bullet holes.

Lisa screams and vomits in shock; Gavin and the other patients on the ward are roused by her scream and come running, only to respond in a similar manner. Below, they can hear the sound of battle: an enormous męlée has broken out on the hospital’s lower floors.

Responding quickly, Lisa and Gavin barricade themselves and the other patients in Gavin’s room. Lisa retrieves her backpack from her room and, while glancing out the window, sees that the battle has spilled into the carpark, too.

Back in Gavin’s room, Gavin and Lisa arrange for the other patients to escape the hospital with help from their pokémon. When just he and Lisa remain, Gavin prepares his powers to teleport them to safety; however, before he is able to, a Union agent stuns him, sending him to the ground, unconscious. The agent turns his weapon on Lisa and pulls the trigger.

Chapter 63 - Submission.

Gavin’s camera on her chest saves Lisa from being stunned by the Union agent’s attack. Playing dead, she fools the agent – Anthony – long enough to release Fiskmire, who attacks him. Meanwhile, Gavin awakens and, using his powers, he, Lisa and Fiskmire temporarily overcome the two Union agents.

Gavin tries to teleport himself and Lisa but fails; his energy has been depleted. When he attempts a second time, he manages only to teleport himself: Lisa is left behind amid the stirring Union agents.

Running down the stairwell, she joins forces with a Guard agent, Christina, who explains that the Union got wind that Lisa was being extracted today and attempted to seize her, but were met with a counterattack by Guard agents, including Lisa’s parents. Lisa and Christina approach the ground floor of the hospital, but when they finally emerge from the stairwell, they are ambushed by Union agents.

Defenceless, Lisa is taken down and captured by the Union.

Chapter 64 - Heart of Ice.

Finding himself bitterly reminiscent of his own father, Guard leader Lance Hudson sifts through paperwork after the ambush at Redwood Hospital. Guard member Jim Donovan confronts him about the attack, demanding to know whether Lance knowingly sent him and his agents into an ambush. Lance denies any knowledge that the Army, who were guarding the hospital, had been infiltrated by the Union.

After a fierce argument with Donovan, Lance reveals that he has no plans of extracting Lisa from the Union’s base as it would be a suicide mission for the Guard. Enraged that Lance has given up on saving Lisa, Donovan leaves the office, but not before Lance reveals that he and Lisa’s parents have argued already on the matter.

Left alone in his office, Lance returns to a month-old report that proved Union infiltration in Johto’s army, and becomes worried, rather than comforted, by a note from his father telling him that it will ‘become easier with time’.

Lisa Walters, meanwhile, remains a prisoner of the Union ...
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 21st September 2009 at 09:41 AM.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.