Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Kirby: I was wondering where you had got to, you hadn't replied for AGES. Yeah, if Gavin had really caught Lugia ... well, that just wouldn't happen I suppose, as it is technically impossible to catch a legendary(Except for those evil Lawrence III, Bishasu and Giovanni). But Gavin should really have known better than to actually catch a Lugia - especially when it appeared to be a baby! He's a stupid bloke sometimes!

No idea about the Ditto thing ... I guess it's just what they do.

The Raichu ... I would have made Gavin catch it, except remember this fic isn't a trainer (it does have aspects of trainer to keep the readers happy) so the characters aren't hell bent on catching pokemon. Also, most of Gavin's pokemon aren't developing character-wise. I have to take care of that ... and Lisa's pokes too.

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

I hadn't replied for a while because I had A LOT of homework. Whenever I don't reply for a while, that is usually the reason.

I will always be back again when I have the time.
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default coming soon

Kirby: That's cool! Homework can be veeerrry evil! Aaargh!

I'll put the new chapter up in my next post ... in a few minutes!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Part 1 of the final chapter!

--------------------------------------------

Chapter 20 - Animal Magnetism.

Paw-like feet pelted over a tall, browning hill, kicking up piles of dust in their wake. The glowing creature leapt into the valley below, accompanied by his two friends, and family, Entei and Raikou, the beasts of Fire and Thunder. Suicune had been hoping to make it without being seen. Entei seemed to pick up on his thoughts.

//It was unavoidable// he told Suicune in a firm voice, as the three arrived in the vast valley below, heading for a large collection of houses, sheds and paddocks a few kilometres away. Already some people were crowding at the entrance gate of the Farm.

//Don’t worry too much// Raikou added. //Most people won’t believe him. Trust me, he’s in no condition for people to take him seriously. Although I wish we hadn’t had to do that …//

//Still …// Suicune muttered, in an uneasy tone. //Some people will, no matter what … other professors//

Entei grunted. //He’s right//

//We’ll take care of him then?// suggested Raikou, dodging a large oak tree in the middle of the road. //… speak of the devil …//

Suicune nodded. //I’ll go on to check on him – you two, make sure nobody else finds out//

Raikou and Entei grunted agreement, and curved their course silently to the left. Suicune pelted on.

“ Kris, you should be a chef,” Gavin burped, spreading himself out on the grass.

“ Thanks,” Kris noted happily, emptying remains of Meat Pies into a nearby rubbish bin. “ But all I did was heat them in the Pokecentre micro –”

Lisa shushed her. “ He’s a guy – he’s probably not even listening - he couldn’t care less anyway.”

Lisa actually was right, but not for the right reason. Gavin’s mind was preoccupied with the odd pokeball Suicune had created a few days ago. His curious side had got the better of him, and whenever topics of conversation were scarce on the way to Moo-moo farm, his mind would wander to the mysterious globe in his backpack. Kris and Lisa had seen it, and although Kris seemed doubtful, Lisa believed Gavin. Suicune, she was sure, was readily able to create something powerful. But when Gavin opened the ball for them, nothing appeared, as usual.

“ C’mon guys,” Kris urged, returning from the bin. She hoisted her backpack on, and her pokeballs jangled on her belt – she now had five; Chompy, Jigglypuff, Ledyba, Misdreavus and a Growlithe which she caught luckily the previous day. “ The farm is VERY close.”

“ I know, but it’s been taking for ever,” Lisa whined, standing up, hoisting her pack on, and calling Aipom over from it’s conversation with a wild Rattata. “ But I suppose we won’t get anywhere by just sitting and complaining. Let’s go Aipom.”

“ Leesaa!” squealed Aipom, jumping onto her shoulder and leaving the Rattata looking offended.

“ You too Gavin.” Lisa muttered, as she stepped past him. “ Moo-Moo Farm is very close.”

Gavin pulled himself from his wonderings, and stood up. “ Hooray! Let’s go too a farm to see a bunch of Miltank and Tauros run around doing nothing at all, and get a free bottle of milk that’s probably sour anyway. Sounds like great fun!”

“ You’ll like it,” Kris hinted. “ I’ve been there before – it’s not just little kid stuff,” she added, seeing Gavin roll his eyes.

“ It’s a place to meet other people anyway,” Lisa interrupted, trying to keep the peace. “ We’ve met practically no human beings since Olivine.”

“ What am I then, a Caterpie?” demanded Kris jokingly.

Lisa giggled. But Gavin looked like he needed some convincing. “ And who knows –” Lisa went on, talking to Gavin. “ there might be – oh, I dunno – CONTESTS.”

Gavin’s ears pricked up automatically, but he kept the same flat expression, and tone of voice. “ What sort?” he muttered at last, annoyed at his curiousity.

“ Pokemon ones,” teased Kris, truthfully, grinning at Lisa.

“ What – sorts?” Gavin questioned through clenched teeth. He knew the girls were teasing him and thoroughly enjoying it, but he wanted to know. He wanted to win something.

“ Maybe if we started walking, my memory would be refreshed …”

Ten minutes later, Gavin was dragging his feet through the sand, trailing after Kris, who was still teasing him along, and Lisa, who had been overcome by girly giggles. The landscape had changed dramatically over the last few minutes of uphill hiking. Instead of trees dotting the landscape irregularly and green grass, the grass was browned and dead-looking, and the only plant life was the odd clump of weeds of the very rare oak tree, which looked out of place in the plain surroundings.

“ Tell me or I’m not going any further!” Gavin cried at last, slumping down onto the side of a lifeless oak tree which had grown in it’s living years directly in the centre of the road. Lisa and Kris walked either side of him, both wearing teasing grins.

“ I really can’t remember.” Kris cried, finally, and Lisa was again overcome by giggles. Gavin stared icily at her, trying to work out if she was kidding or not.

“ Alright, there’s three,” Kris burst out at last. “ Three contests. They are held every month, on a Sunday like today. And they feature a particular element of pokemon each month.”

While Kris calmed the very tense Gavin, Lisa wandered past the oak and reached the crest of the dusty hill easily. The view onlooked an enormous valley, and Lisa grinned triumphantly. “ Hey – guys.” Kris and Gavin approached quickly, Gavin looking contented for once. Then his contentedness changed to utter delight.

“ There it is!!” he cried, seeing the farm in the distance, crowds congregated near one building. Kris smiled and Lisa let her face break into a grin. With Kris returned, and a contest awaiting, and for once no Whirlpool Cup, or mission to Cianwood, or Suicune to distract her, Lisa couldn’t help feeling as though she was back at the very start of her journey.

Dazed and confused, the old man stumbled clumsily across the bumpy terrain near Ecruteak. His normally neat brown-grey hair was messed up and fell onto his face. The sun blazed down onto him, dazing him further. His normally white, neat lab coat was now frayed, dirty and ripped. Not altogether the result of being stranded out in the middle of nowhere …

He continued on hiking, trying to keep his head up to check his direction, but the sun dazzled him and temporarily blinded him, blocking the very distant Tin Tower of Ecruteak, which was partially shrouded in morning mist, from view.

“ Got to … warn them …”

Abruptly, he collapsed onto his knees in a crumpled heap, and didn’t try to pull himself back up.

Psyduck waddled slowly beside Anna as she charged along the foresty path. The loser of the Preliminary Round in the Whirlpool Cup was slowly making her way towards Ecruteak City, where she was hoping to earn a Fog Badge. Since her loss in the Whirlpool Cup, she had decided to prove her pokemon’s strength by competing in the Johto League.

“ Ecruteak’s not too far now, Psyduck, keep going,” Anna urged her first and strongest pokemon. Psyduck had helped her win the Mineral Badge in Olivine City just over two weeks ago, and it had improved amazingly since the Whirlpool Cup.

As Anna and her pokemon trundled through the bushy growth, Anna wondered where Lisa, her friend and rival, was now. They had met each other at the party of all the trainers in the Whirlpool Cup, and Lisa announced she was going to head north to Moo Moo Farm, just for some fun, before training a bit in the province north of Johto – Kohtu. Anna held in her hands a large wooden key – similar to a key given on a person’s 21st birthday – and opened it. Inside was written messages from many people – her first opponent, Angela, then Lisa, and all the friends she had made in between.

“ ‘You did a really great job in our battles,’ ” Anna read out the message from Lisa. “ ‘I think your Psyduck is really strong, and I’m glad we’re friends now. Maybe we’ll meet again one day. At least we can keep in touch. Do you have an email address? Mine is aipom_chick02@ecru.net . Email me!!! I f you want, visit me in Ecruteak one time. I live at 23 Woodrow Avenue. Buh Bye! – Lisa.’ She was nice, wasn’t she, Psyd-”

Abruptly, there was a loud thud nearby, and Anna instantly whipped her head around to see what had happened. Behind her, the path was bare, but Psyduck was pointing urgently to the shrubbery on the roadside. Anna gasped loudly. A man dressed all in black was struggling through the undergrowth, a large crimson R on his black shirt. Anna recognised it as the international symbol of evil – Team Rocket.

“ Good morning, miss …” he said, smiling cheerfully. Anna was not taken in for a millisecond. The smile didn’t reach his eyes, which were black and shadowed. “ Are you a pokemon trainer?”

There was no point in lying, Anna thought, because Psyduck was a blatant symbol of her hobby. “ Yeah, but sorry … I don’t want to battle right now … gotta run, bye!!” Anna sprinted, flipping the key shut. But she halted in her tracks moments later. Standing, blocking her way, was a massive Rhydon. But Anna was not too worried, and Psyduck reacted without command.

The Rhydon shied back after being blasted with a Water Gun, crashing into the bushes and leaving a free path – temporarily – for Anna and Psyduck. Just as they were running away, the Rocket came speeding up behind them, closing in rapidly, and Anna panicked. She reached to her waist, and withdrew her Scizor’s pokeball. With a flash of crimson streak, she was on its back, and Psyduck had been rapidly recalled.

There was a faint yell from below her, as Anna rose up into the sky on Scizor, and she realised with dismay that she had dropped her key back on the path. “ No time now,” she muttered aloud. “ Fly higher, Scizor!”

Down below, the Rocket was grinning. The key was held open between his grubby hands, and he stabbed his finger at the scrawled message written in a corner.

“ Look out, Lisa, you interfering brat.”

Lisa checked her surroundings. A large, cool enclosure of exotic palms and trees, tiny electric pokemon littered the ground, however, that was not her purpose.

Once Lisa, Kris and Gavin had arrived at the long-awaited Moo-Moo farm, they had each separated. Kris opted for a contest which involved a bunch of Pokemon races, and even a battle to conclude. She had taken Aipom with her, as Lisa was only allowed one pokemon in the enclosure, and as Lisa was hoping to catch another pokemon she gave her Vulpix to Kris to keep, after a sad farewell. Kris had been very thankful. Gavin went for the Knowledge Test on Pokemon, as Lanturn wasn’t fit for racing, battling, or really for use on land at all. Lisa had chosen the Pokemon treasure hunt.

Every week, an array of contests were held at the farm, each week bringing a new element pokemon to the spotlight. This week happened to be electric types. Lisa inwardly thanked herself for chasing Jack back in November – it had earned her Elekid, which gave her a great advantage for the contest. Firstly, the contestants had to travel through the enclosure and, if they didn’t already own an electric type, had to capture one. All those who didn’t succeed in the first part were eliminated, and then only the remaining ones could compete. The enclosure would be altered, and the pokemon and trainers had to head in and use electricity to attract the hidden Magnemites – whoever had the strongest electricity would win.

So Lisa trudged through the forest, dodging cute, bouncing Pichus and energetic Voltorbs, who rolled out of every other nook. Pleased, Lisa pushed past a tall fern to reveal a small door, one of five scattered around the enclosure to exit. Lisa pushed the metal door, and ascended a brief flight of stairs before entering a large, hi-tech room. Her footsteps echoed as she approached a man on the other side, looking gleefully out of a huge, many-paned window which took up the entire left wall. A group of other trainers, all looking worried about something, were clustered around a TV set in the corner. They ranged from old to young, one looked like a thirty-year-old man, but next to him was a school-girl with pigtails.

“ Your pokemon please?” the man requested as she arrived at his standing spot, where he still kept his eyes fixated on the large window. Lisa looked up, and received a shock. The panes weren’t panes of simply glass – each one was a flattened TV screen, and all showed some sort of trainer traipsing through the shrubbery of the enclosure. Seven screens had flickered off, and Lisa noted that seven other trainers were clustered around the TV in the corner.

“ Your pokemon please?” the man repeated, tearing his gaze from the numerous screens. Lisa nodded, and pulled out Elekid’s pokeball. In a brief flash, and with a popping sound, Elekid jumped out, looking overly excited and ready for a battle. “ I already owned him.” Lisa added, and the manager ticked off a list on his clipboard.

“ Name?”

“ Lisa Walters.”

“ Take your Elekid and wait over there.” He snapped, turning back to the screen. Lisa felt the manager of the bug contest had been much kinder.

As Lisa’s screen was switched off, she headed for the congregation nearby. Elekid followed eagerly – Lisa didn’t bother to recall him. Her eyes were now travelling over the TV Screen, which displayed a picture of an old man and a live picture of a burgundy-haired woman sobbing. Lisa wasn’t sure, but she thought she knew her from somewhere.

The report, an article on the news, concluded, and all the trainers talked to each other in hushed tones.

“ That’s so odd … I wonder what happened.” A young boy mused.

“ Yeah, even his assistant hasn’t seen him for a couple of days.” said another, older boy.

“ And poor Delia Ketchum.” Added a young woman. The name rang a bell in Lisa’s memory, and she tried to recall why…

“ Alright, time up!” cried the manager, breaking into Lisa’s thoughts. He pushed a green button mounted upon a wall just as a very scruffy boy burst through the door. All the screens flickered to a halt, and Lisa heard a voice over a loudspeaker echoing outside in the enclosure. However, the manager ignored the voice outside and checked the newcomer’s pokemon. It was a Pichu, jumping excitedly as though it had been cooped up in a pokeball for weeks on end. But when the boy spoke, it turned out he only just caught the Pichu, so it was merely hyperactive.

“ In a few moments, you will all be released back into the enclosure.” The manager announced. “ You will use your pokemon to attract Magnemites from hidden locations. Your electric pokemon will do this for you using a thunderwave. After thirty minutes, the time will expire, and the winner shall be the trainer with the most attracted Magnemite.”

He abruptly glanced at his watch.

“ Alright … three … two … one … go!”
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:40 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Final Chapter

Gavin sat impatiently in the waiting lounge. The knowledge test seemed to be the dud contest. He wished he had gone for the racing contest with Kris, because for one thing, it seemed more fun. Kris had a Growlithe, and Lisa’s Vulpix, so she intended on giving them some exercise, and Gavin would have loved to test out Ditto, or Girafarig, who hadn’t been out of his pokeball for a long time. But he had applied for the knowledge Test now, and it had seemingly attracted a lot of nerds. About 10 nerds, plus a very nervous looking bunch of girls, and Gavin were the contestants.

“ Alright, round one,” a blonde woman stood up on a platform to get everybody’s attention. “ First up is Gavin Luper and Ian Yudsbury.”

Gavin s******ed at the odd name, but stood up the front before the tiny crowd and faced his opponent, a boy with his shorts pulled up to his stomach and hanging about five inches above the knee (Gavin’s were about five below), and spoke in a very squeaky voice.

“ Question one –” the woman began. “ What pokemon of the electric rodent family is usually found near apple orchards near Goldenrod and Ecruteak cities and knows Charm and Thunderwave as it’s first techniques?”

“ Pichu.” Ian answered automatically before Gavin had even comprehended the long question. He goggled as the crowd clapped and Ian looked smug.

“ Correct.” The host said. “ Second Question – Generally speaking, what attack is common to both Jynx and Hitmonlee?”

“ Meditate.” Replied Ian, without hesitation. Gavin’s jaw slammed into the tiled floor, as the host replied with a pleased “ Correct also. Ian on twenty points, Gavin on zero.”

Gavin was fuming now – he had thought the test was on electric types, anyway - but he tried to keep his cool.

“ Third Question – what kind of sport are the ‘Machops’ competitors in?”

Gavin knew this one. “ Soccer!” he burst out before Ian could say a thing. The host said it was correct, and Gavin found the only people cheering were the group of girls. They clapped and one even waved to him. He waved back, and the girls began chattering.

“ Question Four – what is the latest discovered pokemon?”

“ Lunanine!” burst out Gavin, hoping that Professor Westwood had updated the global pokedex listings. The host nodded. All the nerds in the crowd looked sullen; Ian looked mutinous. Meanwhile, all the girls were squealing to Gavin. He grinned briefly in their direction, and the girls began chattering and giggling again. Gavin puffed out his chest and stood up straighter.

“ Tied scores, final question – Which of the following is not considered a Psychic attack: Meditate, Psybeam, Light Screen or Psych Up?”

Gavin couldn’t honestly say he had heard of Psych Up, but Ian looked almost ready to blurt out the answer, so he answered swiftly on instinct. “ Psych Up!” Gavin said in a deeper voice than his usual one.

“ Psych Up!” called Ian at the same time.

“ Correct – but Gavin got in first!” the host cried. “ The round one winner is Gavin!”

All the girls and the host clapped while Ian descended the platform to all his nerd-friends.

“ Next?” called the host, expecting the nerds to come forward. But oddly enough, they all stayed as a group, and followed Ian out the door, leaving only the four girls.

The host looked offended. “ Fine then – girls, will you be –”

They shook their heads in unison.

The host sighed. “ Alright, then Gavin wins the contest by default.”

She handed a small, golden medal to Gavin, which fitted in his palm It read “ Pokemaniac of December 2002.” He took it, and again the other five clapped.

“ Congratulations.” The host muttered, wandering off and leaving the girls and Gavin there. As Gavin came down from the platform, the girls waved him over.

“ Hey, cutie!” giggled one, who looked about thirteen. Gavin shivered – she was about a foot shorter than he, and definitely much younger. He nodded nervously, but then an older girl came over. She was only a few inches shorter, and probably fifteen or so.

“ You put up a really good fight.” She muttered, her chestnut hair smooth and long down her back. Gavin nodded, trying to find words, but found his eyes drift down to her chest – then in an instant back up. His legs became rubbery jelly, struggling to stay together. Just as he thought it would be nice to collapse, the girl spoke again.

“ I like guys who are smart …”

Gavin nodded, subconsciously sweating, as she began walking. “ Really?” He stumbled along, regaining control of his legs and walked after the girl as the other three giggled and watched. The girl walked outside and Gavin followed. Sure, she looked nice. But she was very – bold. “ I’m not that smart,” he said at last, regaining his usual sense of mind after a few seconds’ blank. “ In fact, that was just luck that I won.”

He emerged outside onto the path where grass grew on the side. The girl stood there.

“ Sorry about that. My name’s Julia.”

“ Nice name – I’m Gavin.”

“ I know.” Julia said abruptly.

“ Right – sorry.” Gavin felt calmer now that she had become more casual. Maybe she just wanted to get to know him? Gavin couldn’t help but feel his face become scarlet and his body temperature rocket.

“ Hm… it’s quite warm today.” Remarked Julia.

“ Yeah.” Gavin said, feeling numb. “ Hey – would you like a drink or something? There’s a café just down near the farm…”

“ I thought you’d never ask – show me the way.”

Gavin took her hand uncomfortably, and led the way towards the path. But he kept thinking how bold she was, and how abrupt it seemed. Sure, it was nothing, only as serious as he wanted. But still, he thought, am I actually attracted to her? What is going on? What the hell is happening anyway?

Lisa trudged through the overgrown path, Elekid at her side, giving off yellow sparks every few seconds to sense any lurking Magnemite. Two of the magnet-like creatures were already hovering behind Lisa and Elekid, attracted by the electricity. This counted as two for Lisa, although she had had three until the scruffy boy’s Pichu thunderwaved and pulled one away. This wasn’t cheating, but Lisa still thought it mean.

As they walked, aware of time growing ever shorter, Lisa heard a rustle in the bushes, and Elekid too, seemed very erect and alert.

“ Thundershock Elekid.” Lisa said quickly.

Elekid nodded, and sent out a series of sparks which fired around in the air, and actually hit a nearby palm. An odd squeak sounded out, and a tiny Magnemite emerged. It hovered dangerously near the other bushes, which faced onto an adjacent path, where Lisa knew the boy and his Pichu were trekking. But Elekid wasn’t one to give up, and intensified the electricity, and Magnemite floated across to join the other two, floated happily behind Lisa and Elekid.

“ Not bad.” Lisa commented, and Elekid grinned. But through the noises of the jungle-like atmosphere came a beeping sound, one that Lisa hadn’t heard for a long time.

“ Hello, Lisa Walters speaking.” She greeted the other person, as she picked up her pokegear and stopped in her tracks.

“ Lisa?” said a voice Lisa hadn’t heard for well over a month.

“ Tom!” she breathed, surprised at his call. “ Tom – wow! Hi!”

“ Hi Lisa – listen, where are you?”

“ Mandarin Island,” she lied.

“ WHAT?! Ugh, Damn.”

“ Just kidding, I’m at Moo-Moo farm. At a contest in fact. Why, what’s up?”

“ Well, just that something’s come up – I’d really like you to come back home to Ecruteak.”

“ Now? As in, straight away?”

“ Well…” Tom stuttered. “ Yeah…”

Lisa thought hard. It seemed very abrupt, especially since she had Kris and Gavin with her. Not to mention Ecruteak was a good few days away. Elekid was trying to run ahead, and the Magnemites followed his electricity, while Lisa stumbled blindly after them.

“ I … dunno. I have a couple of friends with me. I’ll have to talk it over with them.”

There was a long, awkward silence. “ Well, alright then.” Tom said. “ Talk it over please. And ring me back as soon as you make your choice. It’s urgent.”

“ Alright then.” Lisa said back. “ I’ll go find them as soon as the contest-”

The buzzer echoed around the stadium. “-finishes.” Lisa sighed, flopping down to the ground. “ Look, I’ll call you back in a couple of hours, OK?”

“ Yep.” Tom replied. “ Speak again soon.”

Gavin smiled at Julia, unsure of what to talk about. Over the milkshake, she had already poured out everything she deemed worthy of conversation – music and her hair. Gavin couldn’t help but think she was very attractive, but he just felt uncomfortable around her, as though he had been drawn into something he really didn’t feel like doing at that moment. He knew a first date – however abrupt – wasn’t meant to be uncomfortable.

“ How’s your milkshake?”

“ Not bad,” Julia sipped away. “ You can really tell how pure the Miltank’s milk is in this drink … and you know it’s really good for you. The nutrients can enhance the sleek look of your hair by up to 20% after one drink.”

“ Yum. I mean … cool.”

She drained the remnants of the milkshake. “ Do you have any pokemon?”

“ Hm … me?”

“ No, the guy behind you.” Julia muttered, rolling her eyes.

Gavin turned to look behind him, pretending that he was stupid, and in the blink of an eye Julia's hand whipped over to his exposed belt and whipped off two of the pokeballs. By the time Gavin had looked back to her, she had already grabbed her bag, and was leaving the cafe.

" Oy, what are you doing?!" yelled Gavin, automatically standing up, leaving his backpack behind and weaving through the tables to chase her. " What did you do that for? Come back!"

Julia had already vacated the cafe, but Gavin was in close pursuit, hot in the face and wondering what exactly was going on. Was Julia just a thief - a common pokemon theif - or was she playing a game?

The girl raced ahead, Gavin stunned at how fast she was. Even he couldn't keep up with her to any length. While he was running, he tried to get any bystanders to help him. " Stop! Thief - she's a thief! Somebody stop her!"

Just as Julia was fading into the distance, around the corner of one of the many almost-identical stalls, there was a flash, and a Rapidash appeared in front of a nearby Officer Jenny.

" Leave this to me," she said, mouth set in a determined line.

“ How complicating,” remarked Lisa, as she walked wearily to catch up with Elekid and her Magnemite catches. The contest had finished and she had surely lost. She rose over a hill, and saw Elekid shielding it’s eyes from a bright speck floating in midair. Lisa wondered what it could possibly be – and then she realised with a shock.

“ The Magnemites – are evolving!” she grinned, overcome with surprise.

The brightness receded, and where the three magnets had previously been now hovered one large one, really just combined. “ Magneton…” breathed Lisa.

They walked in silence until they arrived at the gatehouse. Lisa entered, and saw before her eight others all congregated on chairs. The manager was standing on a platform, with a clipboard in his hand. All the trainers had a pokemon suspending their Magnemites. Most had at least four, and Lisa was alarmed to see the scruffy boy with six!

All heads swivelled as Lisa walked in, with Elekid working overtime to keep Magneton in it's control. It appeared that they had just been about to announce the winner. The manager stared at Magneton oddly. The other trainers began whispering to each other. The scruffy boy looked smug.

“ It evolved.” Lisa said quietly. “ I had three, and they evolved into Magneton.”

The manager seemed to be thinking it over. Obviously this wasn’t a good sign for the boy with six Magnemites, and he became suddenly red in the face.

“ This has never happened before.” The manager announced. “ But the Magnemites must have all been at the right level. As Magneton is far harder to control than a bunch of Magnemite, I am glad to announce that the winner is … Lisa!”

There were a few polite claps, although it was obvious nobody was happy about the newcomer. The boy was beyond words – he had gone purple in the face. Lisa grinned to herself, then to Elekid. “ Good job, Elekid.”

“ Bi bi!” cried Elekid.

The manager spoke a few more words. “ All of you must return the Magnemites to the enclosure.” He gestured to the door, and all the other traipsed out, the scruffy-looking boy looking like he was about to kill Lisa. The manager then stopped Lisa as she followed the boy.

“ The enclosure is made for Magnemites.” He explained. “ There’s nowhere big enough for a Magneton to hide.”

“ What are you saying?” Lisa questioned.

“ Keep Magneton.” The manager offered. “ Please, go on, it’s no loss to us.”

Lisa grinned at Elekid. “ Sure. I’d be happy to.”

Lisa emerged a few minutes later, her pokeball belt that she had picked up from the manager full now with six pokemon. She smiled, and went hunting for Kris and Gavin.

Gavin saw Lisa approaching from a good hundred metres away. He slumped down onto the café table, his head narrowly missing Julia’s lonely, half-empty milkshake. He still felt the sting the malicious slaps she had given him. Lisa still saw him, and ran up.

“ Hi Gavin. Listen – we need to – what’s wrong?”

Gavin was very weak-looking, and pathetic. He launched into how Julia had come to the café with him, and then he found she had been trying to use him – only a few minutes into their date she had requested to see his pokemon, and made a savage attempt to take Girafarig and Lanturn for herself. Luckily, the Rapidash of Officer Jenny's had been able to catch her and she was apprehended.

“ Oh well ... rejeeeected,” Lisa jeered, but she quickly noticed Gavin was actually serious. She sighed, pushed Julia’s empty milkshake aside, pulled her chair around next to Gavin’s, and sat next to him, patting him on the back in a comforting way. She smiled as Gavin’s tense muscles relaxed, and he soon sat up.

“ Sorry bout that.” He muttered, his face red, partly with embarrassment. “ Um, you see, I was just…”

“ Don’t worry.” Lisa cooed, and Gavin nodded, swallowing a large, growing lump in his throat. He opened his mouth to say something, when ...

“BEEP! BEEEP!” a small buggy came cruising down the gravel road, and heads swivelled to see it. The horn beeped again, and Lisa and Gavin turned.

Kris sat in the driver’s seat, driving slowly down the road. Lisa and Gavin grinned at once.

“ What’s all this?” Lisa asked, as Kris stopped the buggy, which was very low to the ground, had no doors and a very odd roof, which was currently slid back, with what looked like a solar panel on top.

“ It’s my prize!” she cried. “ Growlithe and Vulpix won the races, and battles! Thanks to you, partially, Lisa. I fyou hadn't given Vulpix to me I never would have won! Oh, it’s a buggy, one of the ones they have in Olivine that you can hire out! And look what else we got! It’s really cool …”

Kris fished in her backpack, and pulled out a bottle of Moo-Moo Milk. Lisa snorted and Gavin guffawed. Kris grinned too. Lisa abruptly remembered Tom’s phone call, and thought that maybe the buggy was the answer to her problem. They could all go together – but …

Lisa sighed. The buggy was a two-seater. “ Guys …” she began, and Gavin and Kris, who were now both seated at the café table, staring at the buggy, turned around. “ Yeah?”

Lisa took a deep breath. “ We need to talk.”

All three friends sat at the table, and Lisa launched into the predicament. Kris and Gavin listened attentively, and understood. From up upon a nearby hill, Suicune stood proudly, glowing cobalt, and smirked to itself. They were fine, even better – they were returning to Ecruteak. That was all he needed to know – for now.

Suicune about-faced, leaving the Moo-Moo Farm behind him. //Time to go check on the others// he said to himself, springing off into a pelt, disappearing in a magical haze of invisibility. As he sprinted towards Ecruteak, Suicune continued it’s triumphant smile. The sun rose high up in the sky, glowing like a warming, friendly globe of light and life, perfectly framed against the celeste sky, with only a hint of fluffy clouds to the west. And above it all, a phoenix soared, radiating power and life, like the sun. It too smiled to itself, before giving one almighty flap of it’s wings, and bursting into the afternoon zephyr.

//Lisa, you will be a Legend// said Ho-oh.

END OF BOOK I
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 01:16 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

"//Lisa, you will be a Legend// "?
    I wonder if that's intended to be a good thing.

The conetsts were kinda nice, a little short but still good.

Now the next book gets started. I can't wait!
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

Banned

Why is a Rocket after Lisa and what is going on in Ecruteak City? The Contest part was nice and it was nice to see Lisa get a Magneton but she no longer has Vulpix. That is kind of sad. Well, keep it up. I can't wait to see how this story ends.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

So ends the first part of the saga. What will become of dear Lisa? And of ol' ambling Gavin?

Good stuff, Gavin! And did you hear both our hometowns were in the top 10 of best places to live in the world in the Economist report?! Perth (yours) came 3rd and Adelaide (mine) came equal 8th! Apprently Melbourne tied with Vancouver for 1st. *laughs!* Oh well, rock on, mate!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

MTR: Lol!!! I was supposed to change that last line! Oh well, too late now. Dammit. And I'm not really sure if it's a good or a bad thing ...

I would have liked to include Kris' contest as well and expand on the others' but the chapter was already well over 5200 words, making it (I think) my longest chapter.

TM: It's about time I explained who that guy is, isn't it? I mean, he's been stalking her earlier, too. WHY is the question. I'd suggest reading earlier chapters to figure it out a bit, but it's really not explained until the next book.

Personally I prefer Vulpix over Magneton but hey I'm the writer so I must be really stupid to put myself out. Thanks, I hope you stick with this story til the end.

Ryan: Hi there!! Ah yes, the first half of the saga is over, and what WILL happen to Lisa. I know. Oz Andrew is practically the only other person who knows on this planet - only because we wrote the C/O together.

Yes, I heard about Melbourne winning the title of best city in the world. Isn't that absolute crapola or what??!! Perth is like SOOO much better, and although I've never been there I'm sure Adelaide is too (just to be biased against Melbourne).

Everyone: Now that the "final" chapter is over, I'm taking a small break of posting (not much, just maybe a week or so, don't panic). The second book will be posted in this topic of course.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Wait!!! You are writing a second book?????. This whole fanfic is really a book??? You know I would think of that. Boy, is my face red? I have read this whole fanfic but never thought of it as a novel or a book. Silly me!!!!!

Gavin, you rock! I haven't replied since like three chapters ago, soo... Yeah, i really like it! You're doing a great job with this. I wonder what the motives are for the legendaries, tho? Suicune seems a little shifty to me.. ^_^ K, i'll shut up now.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

TM: Wow don't sound so surprised. I don't really know what the difference is exactly ... I mean, any long collection of chapters which all feature the same characters or place and run smoothly after each other would technically be a book, no? It's a fanfic and a BOOK. I don't quite understand what you're saying ... could you be a bit more clear?

Aquababe727: Hey!!! Long time no see! You really like it hey? That's excellent. I like to see people being at least interested in my book. It's one of the best feelings though when people get really worked up about an event in the book. It shows they are really into it and that makes me so HAPPY!

By the way, everyone, I decided to take a 2 week break of actually WRITING Lisa the legend (i will still be writing The Crystal League and I will also still be online and posting regularly) for no real reason apart from to take a rest (aaah, there's SO much work to be done!) lol. By the time I get back, I SHOULD have all the chapters of book 2 (up to chapter 26) ready to go!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Okay, maybe that wasn't the clearest message ever. What I meant was that reading this awesome fanfic, I didn't consider that it was a book. I thought it was a fanfic. I never heard of anybody writing fanfiction as a book. I hope that clears it up. If it doesn't, I will keep on trying to find out a way for it to make sense.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

TM: A little better ... I spose you just saw this as a fanfic, but still I'm just trying to say that a fanfic is a book if it goes for long enough. Look around, many of the multi-chaptered fics around here are book sized, doesn't mean they can't be considered a book.

What are you defining a book as? I'm basically saying a book is a collection of chapters all about a particular person, place or event. Can you reply saying why a fanfic as a book is strange?

Cheers!

PS: Post 100 for Lisa the Legend!!

Lisa the Legend

And the story deepens! Lisa gets a Magneton, Gavin gets robbed, and Kris gets a car! I can't wait for Book Two.

What can the mysterious pokeball be for? Maybe it is somewhere between an Ultra Ball and a Master Ball. Can he use it to catch the lengendary Psychic pokemon of the prophesies?

The car has only two seats. Maybe Gavin can teleport while the girls drive.

You won't update for TWO WEEKS? Don't wait too long. The topic might get pushed back past page four, and then it may disappear!

Two weeks? I am going to have to find some more things to read. Is The Crystal League good?

or

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Kirby: Yew, the plot thickens rapidly now, doesn't it. I discovered a plothole last week but because I myself am so similar to Gavin in the story I forgot what it was and now I can't remember. Anyhow, nice way of summing up the chapter; but lucky Gavin got his pokes back, eh? I was almost tempted to let them go but of course I'm too nice. *coughcough*

Interesting thoughts about the MYSTERIOUS pokeball ... unfortunately I can't tell you, as I'm the writer . It'll all be revealed shortly. And nice idea about Gavin teleporting but ... well, you'll see when i post chapter 21!

About the two week break, don't be fooled. I say that just the same as I did when i originally finished book 1, but after a week I was desperate to post more, so I did. I said 2 weeks to give me a while extra in case I can't post for a while, which is very possible.

The Crystal League is quite good if I do say so myself, it's a trainer fic as the title suggests and also it is a bit lighter than this story. Still, check it out, I'd be pleased if you did!

Cheers, and thanks for the nice long reply!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well since I'm taking a short break, I thought I'd put this up in the mean time. It's a preview of what's to come in the next book ... actually, more of a preview of the next few chapters ... enjoy!

--------------------------------------
    When we left, Lisa, Gavin and Kris had all competed in the contest at Moomoo Farm. Lisa's brother Tom had urged her to return to Ecruteak City.

" I’m at Moo-Moo farm. At a contest in fact. Why, what’s up?” Lisa asked.

“ Well, just that something’s come up – I’d really like you to come back home to Ecruteak.”

“ Now? As in, straight away?”

“ Well…” Tom stuttered. “ Yeah … it's urgent.”

And now, Lisa must race back to Ecruteak City to meet Tom ... but something happens on the way that throws a spanner in the works...

Lisa and Gavin were driving along. Gavin whipped his head around to check on the pokemon, who were tiring gradually, and suddenly saw, in the distance, about fifteen kilometres west, a large column of slate-grey smoke. He shivered, and suddenly got a very odd feeling within him.

“ Lisa, turn around.”

“ WHAT? Gavin, what do you-”

“ Fire! A bushfire! Turn back, quickly, we have to help.”

And meanwhile, what has happened to the legendary dogs?

//Human, you cannot return to your people// Entei boomed, with the merest tint of threat in his tone.

“ What?” the man muttered, now feeling, if very slightly, revived.

//We must take you-// began Entei, but Raikou now interrupted.

//Must we, Entei? The human heard through no real fault of his own, he merely-//

//Silence!// Entei overruled his companion. //Raikou, don’t be soft. It is what we must do, if they found out too soon-//

The matters have to be resolved in an ultimate confrontation

Lisa the Legend II: Revelation

The Quest for the Legendary Pokemon Continues...

Lisa the Legend

I'm back!
    I missed alot!
    But I read it all!
    So MORE CHAPTERS PLEASE!
    The Almighty SuperSonicMewtwo

People and Pokémon alike be very afraid. I am unstoppable & unbeatable. I laugh in the face of danger, eat when I'm hungry, and belch in your face. Bow before me or face my wrath, for I am SuperSonicMewtwo, Master of all Pokémon and those who are annoying!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

SSM: There you are!! Hi there! I'm not surprised that you read and caught up again. Thank you, you're one of my most dedicated readers.

I'm taking a wee break, read the posts above. Something like a week or so.

*don't kill me!*

Lisa the Legend

Banned

reading the crystal league and lisa the legend makes for a good day need more chapters

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Blastoise: Hi!!! You're back! Have you caught up with all the chapters since you've been gone? I hope so. Thanks for the compliments, that always makes a writer feel good!

New chapter next week!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ah well Gavin, we've come to the end of another Lisa chapter! Or the same one many times...
    Anywho, I like Vulpix, although I'm sad to see it go, it was a nice Pokemon and its battle with Jigglypuff was excellent! Kudos for that Mr Luper! But seeing more Natu or Girrawhatever and Ditto's cool too!

But back to whinging about Vulpix, did I mention I liked it. But perhaps seeing some more Magneton would be funny... like having it install windows and breaking or falling apart from rust ect... And DJ Aipom! We need DJ Aipom! And Lisa in a whirlpool! With floaties!

But the revamps are very good and that vapid whore who tried to steal Gavin's Pokemon needs a slap-down from Lisa! Bring it on!

But very good work Gavin, look forward to more work soon!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Oz!

Lol... more like the same one many times I spose. I liked Vulpix a lot too, but frankly I couldn't work it into the story enough, since it was added in as I re-edited. That caused some problems. And the battle with Jigglypuff was added in to remind us all that Vulpix existed.

Rusty Magneton, DJ Aipom, Lisa in floaties, Lisa and Julia slapping each other ... I just LOVE Epilogues

Be careful what you wish for!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Yippee! It's getting closer to where you left on the last board. Can't wait for it to catch up(wants to see what happens, then again who doesn't?), but I guess I have to wait... You and your short break and all hehe. Story is as good as ever of course. Hope to see new stuff soon in both stories,

~Pichu:
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Pichu Luver: Hey, you dropped in! Thanks so much! Yes, I left off at Chapter 26, but this time will be different. I have already written up to chapter 29, and chapter 30 is partly done (it's pretty cool).

I hope you keep reading, and reply sometimes so I know you're still there. All will be REVEALED in book 2.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I remember you actually did start Book 2 and the crossover with OzAndrew, but then the move happened. Well, hope it lives up to expectations!

PS. Are you alright, Gavin? Haven't seen you online for around a week!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Thanks Ryan. I'm fine, I hope you weren't too worried about me or anything like that. Just lack of time!

Yeah, I was up to chapter 26 when the move happened.

I'll be posting chapter 21 any day now, ok?

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Lisa the Legend II: Night Falls.

Chapter 21 - Diverse Destinies.

Still weak, the ancient man stumbled, his vision blurry, past a massive pewter boulder. It had been three days now, without nourishment and very limited water. He slumped down beside a shady tree, and relaxed his frail muscles. His body was telling him to give up, to lay in the shade and die quietly, relaxing himself and enjoying his last few moments. But inside, the knowledge of what could happen if he didn’t make it on time somehow kept him safe. He had to keep going, for not only the sake of those destined ones he had overheard about, but for the sake of many humans, and pokemon, alike.

He bent his head down and lay against his side, but before sleep washed over him, a thunder of heavy footfalls was heard, approaching powerfully. The ground shook slightly as an orange-furred Entei, it’s long mane and mask-like face appearing first, followed by sturdy body and legs, and Raikou, yellow and purple coat sparking dangerously, landed from the sky.

“ Oh … no,” the man muttered, as Entei set his mouth in a grim line and Raikou winced.

//You know far too much, human// Entei muttered, and Oak shivered.

“ I won’t tell – I prom-” he croaked, mouth dry from lack of water. Raikou clicked his tongue, and the tree began emitting popping noises, apples bursting from nowhere to the ground, rolling into one another.

Oak let a weak grin spread over his face. “ Thank –” He crunched into a moist apple, letting the cool juice run down his croaking throat, soothing it. He swallowed a good collection of drops, and his dry throat moistened. He then began chewing the apple relentlessly, but Raikou and Entei’s kindness seemed very limited.

After two life-giving bites, the apple dissolved into thin air, and with a sound like a whip cracking, all the uneaten ones did too. Entei glared down while Raikou looked on; the electric beast had a flicker of doubt apparent on his face.

//Human, you cannot return to your people// Entei boomed, with the merest tint of threat in his tone.

“ What?” Oak muttered, now feeling, if very slightly, revived.

//We must take you-// began Entei, but Raikou now interrupted.

//Must we, Entei? The human heard through no real fault of his own, he merely-//

//Silence!// Entei overruled his companion. //Raikou, don’t be soft. It is what we must do, if they found out too soon-//

//Maybe they should find out sooner than we planned. Everything will work out if we just take everything slowly and assess it, right?!// Raikou said, now defiantly, dropping all pretences of power and seriousness. //Entei, do we really need to do all this?//

//Don’t contradict me, Raikou. Just let me finish this off-//

//NO!//

Both legendaries were glaring each other in the face now, while Oak sheltered himself with a thin arm covering his face, eyes peering nervously out. Entei had by no means forgotten him, but Raikou seemed determined to continue.

//All these years, Entei. All this waiting, for what?//

//You are fully aware what for!// roared Entei, it’s body temperature soaring and flames beginning to curl from the edges of it’s gaping mouth. //Raikou, listen to reason-//

The sparks zapping on Raikou’s coat were pooling into thin bolts of electricity. Entei and Raikou’s eyes were now locked in place, and the flames than had been sneaking into Entei’s mouth now pooled as the electricity was doing, and filled his mouth with flame.

Oak slipped cautiously away, using his shaky arms to crawl away while Entei’s back was partially turned, and he was occupied with Raikou. Raikou noticed the attempt at escape, and devised a quick plan.

//Entei, if you are blinded by-//

//I am NOT blinded by anything, human or otherwise!//

//Of course you are, brother. If you would just remember our true cause …//

Oak had now crawled behind the wide trunk of the tree, and pulled himself up to a standing position. He had broken into a cold sweat, but was now determined again, and began walking as fast as possible after being stranded in the Ecruteak Plains for three hot days. While Raikou spoke almost stupidly, Oak made good progress, and it wasn’t until Oak was almost out of sight from the tree that Entei gestured towards Oak’s previous position, only to see that he wasn’t there.

//What the??// Entei turned frantically, and spied Oak near the crest of a distant hill, stumbling along near a bush. Enraged, he turned back to Raikou. //You…//

//I did nothing, brother// Raikou said, his mouth curling upwards into a grin.

Entei turned and positioned himself for a sprint when Raikou’s eyes glowed mauve. Nothing appeared to happen, but when Entei turned to run, he found his body frozen in place. Raikou grinned – he had succeeded in the Disable Attack. Entei glared, his eyes rolling towards Raikou, before he glowed scarlet and broke free of the Disable.

//Shadow Pull// remarked Raikou sullenly.

//Impressive, eh?// Entei gloated. //I suppose you forgot we were created with equal powers?//

//Oh we were, were we?// Raikou hissed, sparking evilly.

Both creatures broke into a full-on pelt at once, racing for the crest on the hill. They made it almost instantly, neck and neck, when three blasts of water whooshed out of the bush nearby, washing over Entei and making him reel backwards, weakened by the water. Raikou smirked.

//Equal powers, huh?//

A burgundy-haired teenager stepped out from the bush, followed by a weak and pathetic looking Professor Oak. The pokemon in the bushes stopped abruptly with their water gun as they were swiftly disabled by a growling, menacing Entei. Raikou flinched, and the girl put up her hand to her mouth in shock.

“ Uh oh,” whispered Anna.

Along the route to Ecruteak, a solar-powered buggy drove swiftly east. Lisa sat behind the wheel, her hands firmly clenched onto the wheel, her knuckles white as she strained her ears to listen to the afternoon news on the buggy’s radio. The Saturday sun was slowly sinking in the east, and the light in her eyes lessened. Aipom snoozed peacefully on Gavin’s lap, arm wrapped tightly around his seatbelt in case he was swept away by the wind.

“ Turn it up, Gavin,” Lisa muttered, focusing on the road ahead, in case any Rattatas dared to leap out from the multiple bushes. Gavin sat next to Lisa, cradling his right arm, which was partly obscured from the wrist to the elbow with a heavy bandage and sling. “ Why don’t you? I’m the one with the broken arm …”

“ I’m the one who isn’t stupid enough to fall out of the buggy while it’s going,” Lisa snapped. “ Besides that, I’m driving.”

Gavin sighed, and reached across to the radio, nudging the dial with his finger and putting on a fake expression of pain, and Lisa rolled her eyes. The volume abruptly increased, and Lisa’s ears pricked up, and she listened to the report:

‘ Naomi Baxter with that report on Team Rocket’s current workings in the Goldenrod Underground. We’ll keep you updated with that story, and on the location of Joseph Sterling. In national news …’

Lisa began to tune out, having missed the interesting report, but Gavin shushed her as she began to discuss the last one. She quietened down and listened:

‘… still no more information on the whereabouts of renowned Pokemon Specialist Professor Samuel Oak of Pallet Town. He was last seen on the evening of Wednesday the 5th near the wreckage site of the old radio tower, which collapsed in October after an explosion believed to be a sort of Pokemon conflict. On Wednesday evening, Oak was with his pet Slowking. His close friend Delia Ketchum called the police after Professor Oak failed to return to their hotel that night.’

Lisa’s memory struggled with the mention of the name, until she clicked. Not long after leaving Goldenrod she had fought a boy called Ash Ketchum, and Entei had appeared in the area. Delia was Ash’s mother – she had been taken by Entei briefly … it was all coming back now.

‘ “ I wasn’t sure where Sam went to.” ’ came Delia’s voice over the radio. ‘ “ Then he … never came back …” ’ Lisa felt sorry for Delia, but the report wasn’t over.

‘ Professor Oak is the world’s leading expert on Pokemon, especially in their evolution. In Pallet Town, Professor Oak’s assistant Tracey Sketchitt says he didn’t telephone him or leave any messages. Rumours are circulating that the Professor was kidnapped by Team Rocket agents, who are rumoured to have a hideout hidden in Goldenrod City. The Goldenrod Game Corner is under suspicion following the revelations of a Team Rocket Base hidden in the Celadon Game Corner back in 1998. Officer Jenny and her crew insist they will check around as soon as possible. Aaron Linvale, Mahogany Town.’

The news concluded with brief, annoying music, and Gavin obediently turned the dial down to almost no volume. Silence filled the buggy, a rather subdued one. Lisa drove steadily onwards, while Gavin resisted the urge to rub his arm, which ached continuously. Finally, Gavin opened his mouth to say something, then thought better of it, and said something completely off-subject.

“ Wonder where Kris is now?” he mused, as Aipom awoke, and stretched it’s tiny arms.

“ Probably still near Moo-Moo Farm,” Lisa guessed, trying to shrug of the feeling of mystery that had overcome her since listening to the report. In both articles, Team Rocket had been mentioned – what did it all mean? And who was Joseph Sterling?

“ It was really nice of her to let us go together.” Gavin remarked, seemingly unaffected by the wind now battering at his face.

Lisa nodded absently. “ Well, yeah, but I let her – you know.”

Lisa felt horrible when she had given Butterfree’s pokeball to Kris, but she knew it was fair enough. Kris would mind Butterfree until they met again. When Lisa first spoke to her companions, it was decided that Lisa and Kris would go in the buggy, and Gavin go on foot to Ecruteak, and arrive after the girls. However, when Gavin took the buggy for a spin, without a seatbelt, he had fallen out the gap where a door would usually be located, and crushed his arm. A boy with a broken arm wouldn’t exactly be very able, and in the end Kris volunteered to stay behind, and meet them later on in Ecruteak, provided Gavin didn’t drive. Lisa had felt like repaying her, and Kris suggested a battle. When they fought, Kris won again, and Lisa noticed both Kris and Butterfree took a liking to each other. In the end, Lisa said Kris could keep Butterfree until Ecruteak, which seemed fair.

Suddenly Gavin moaned, as the buggy slowed considerably, and Lisa’s eyes darted around. The sun had almost completely sunk below the horizon, and the buggy had nearly halted. She put the brakes on, and parked the buggy in the middle of the wide gravel road.

“ Alrighty, Aipom, get up,” Gavin urged, pushed Aipom off his lap, but Aipom clung desperately, wanting to snooze some more. Gavin slipped out of the car himself, and left Aipom on the seat, who mischievously curled into a ball. Gavin took Lisa’s Elekid and Magneton’s pokeball from his pocket, as well as his Lanturn.

“ Go!” he cried, releasing them onto the ground. Gavin laughed as he noted the differences between the three. Elekid stood as tall as he could, about two feet in all, to look important and show he was ready. Magneton hovered with a buzzing noise, sadly repeating it’s name over and over. Lisa hadn’t used it at all except for powering the buggy at night. And finally Lanturn, flopping dismally on the gravel. Gavin looked wearily at him, and then fairly recalled him.

Magneton hovered close to the solar panel, and Elekid clung onto the magnet’s back, stuck to it by static electricity. Gavin checked they were ready, and he sat back into his seat, screamed, and sat bolt upright.

“ Aipom!” he growled, turning to face the monkey-like creature, who had a small chunk of Gavin’s pants hanging from his teeth. Lisa giggled, and removed Aipom from the seat, wrapping him around her head with his tail.

“ Aipom, the living turban,” Gavin jeered, and Aipom poked out it’s tongue. Gavin sat down, rubbing his backside and inspecting the damage.

Lisa laughed again, and swivelled her head to Magneton and Elekid, Elekid who had sparks firing off him already, and Magneton, who had all three eyes half shut in a look of excruciating boredom.

“ Ok, let’s go!” Lisa started the buggy up. Elekid powered up, and with a bright “ Bi bi!” began sending electricity from it’s body’s supply down to the panel and battery. Magneton did the same, although much less enthusiastically.

The buggy resumed it’s long drive, the Tin Tower and various skyscrapers of Ecruteak now lighting up for the night and coming into ever-so-distant view.

Night had fallen long ago, and Kris was tired out. Chompy looked it, too, he hadn’t had a swim since the river where she met Lisa and Gavin.

Kris sighed as she plopped her backpack down, and Chompy sprawled out over the cool, wet grass. Kris yanked her magnetic pokeball belt off, which contained Ledian, Vulpix, Growlithe, Misdreavus, her new, temporary Butterfree, and Chompy’s empty ball. She wondered abruptly if her Jigglypuff was getting along with Professor Elm at his laboratory in New Bark Town. Kris had sent her there while taking Butterfree aboard for a short time.

She pulled her sleeping bag out, and threw out all her pokeballs, instantly making six pokemon surround her. Whenever Kris slept alone, she liked to have pokemon company. And she especially felt safe with Growlithe around.

Chompy was snoring within seconds, and Ledian seemed tired out. Misdreavus didn’t really sleep, so it fluttered up to a nearby tree and made itself at home in the branch, watching out over the quiet plains. Vulpix curled up next to Kris, like a teddy bear of sorts, and murmured goodnight, with a loveable squeak. Kris said goodnight, and Butterfree flapped it’s wings over her, with a silvery blue sleep powder, and she was out to it within seconds. Butterfree landed with a slight thud next to Growlithe, who seemed very alert and watchful.

While Kris, Jigglypuff, Ledian and Chompy snoozed, the other three stayed awake. Butterfree couldn’t sleep, her mind filled with thoughts of Lisa. For although she had chosen to travel with Kris, she missed her old trainer, and the conversations she had with the other pokemon, especially Gavin’s pokemon, who all seemed to have a friendly attraction with Butterfree.

Growlithe tossed and turned in it’s sleep. It felt as though something horrible was going to happen, something truly terrible, just over the horizon. He tried to shake the feeling off, but it wouldn’t go. Finally, very frustrated, he stood up and prowled around the campsite, where many motionless forms were slumped on the wet grass.

‘ Wet grass?’ wondered Growlithe. He cautiously prodded the grass. It was still swimming with water. It wasn’t just damp from the evening dew or the brief rain from much earlier that day – no, it was something else. Artificial source?

Growlithe scampered around the site, searching for somebody awake. In the end, he heard a hiss from above his head, and turned to see Misdreavus, floating just above a browned bough, high up in a tree. Growlithe’s brow furrowed, and he spoke to Misdreavus in his own language.

“ Misdreavus – the grass is wet. Too wet.”

“ Water is the giver of life,” replied Misdreavus blankly, it’s black form almost transparent against the midnight sky.

“ What? Listen, it’s a pokemon that’s been here – something bad has happened.”

“ Go back to sleep.”

“ Misdreavus!!”

Butterfree stirred suddenly, and heard the two arguing. “ Who’s there?” she requested, timidly.

“ Us.” Growlithe muttered. “ Growlithe and Big Black Stupid Ghost.”

“ Misdreavus,” corrected Misdreavus.

“ What’s happening?” enquired Butterfree.

“ Growly over here’s having a panic attack because of the wet grass.”

“ I noticed that,” Butterfree said, rising to the air, and joining Misdreavus, landing on the thick bough.

“ So what? I was trying to sleep, and then this guy-”

“ You don’t sleep, you’re dead,” interrupted Growlithe.

Butterfree stifled a yawn, which took great strength in her overtired and worried state, but she continued. “ Even I can feel the weird presence here,” she explained. “ It has an eerie feel to it.”

Growlithe nodded. “ It’s horrible. Oy, can you guys help me up there? I’m lonely down -”

Two snorts punctuated his speech. “ Too heavy for me.” Butterfree smirked.

“ Dogs can’t climb trees,” said Misdreavus in a sarcastic way, though truthfully.

The three sat or hovered in silence for a while, and suddenly a blast of light from somewhere distant on the horizon caught Butterfree and Misdreavus’ attention.

“ What the …” Misdreavus drawled.

“ Oh my God …” Butterfree stuttered.

“ What is it?” called Growlithe, from the tree’s foot.

Misdreavus kept her eyes fixed on the horizon, but Butterfree hissed “ Explosion” before turning back to stare.

On the horizon, which was only distinguishable by the moonlight, there was thick smoke billowing out of what appeared to be a tree. There was a scarlet flame, visible by even their great distance, licking at the tree’s trunk. Then a blast of silvery celeste shot out of nowhere, followed by more flames, and then a spark of bright yellow electricity. Growlithe kept questioning the others, who were watching intently.

Meanwhile, at the tree in question, Entei raged, anger filling him like a fluid in it’s container, to the very brim, while Suicune and Raikou stood slightly back. He glared venomously at Raikou, before his mouth filled with fire, anger’s most powerful form. He grinned viciously, and laughed an extremely hollow laugh, no hint of mirth hidden within it. Then he fired out the fire at the tree’s trunk. Screams echoed through the endless plains, from the trees. Anna and frail Professor Oak were hanging from the branches, Oak grasping for life while Anna strained to keep herself and him safe. Her Psyduck clumsily fired out pathetic water guns, which barely doused the flames.

//Stop, Entei! Or we will be forced to overpower you for the good of the World// roared Suicune, beaming out a powerful string of aqua bubbles at the flames, which hissed and dissolved, at the same time sending out more smoke. Raikou shot a Spark at Entei to weaken him and make him understand it wasn’t funny at all – they were serious.

While the torture continued, Lisa and Gavin were still driving along. Gavin whipped his head around to check on the pokemon, who were tiring gradually, and suddenly saw, about fifteen kilometres west, a large column of slate-grey smoke. He shivered, and suddenly got a very odd feeling within him.

“ Lisa, turn around.”

“ WHAT? Gavin, what do you-”

“ Fire! A bushfire! Turn back, quickly, we have to help.”

Lisa swiftly checked, and obediently turned the buggy and headed back the same way they had come before. Aipom swung on her head, slowly coming off. Gavin would have said something about being a turban, but the feeling inside him stirred him. Something was telling him he would be needed for something …

Inside Gavin’s backpack, the special pokeball clicked, and the deep royal blue became a deep blue-turquoise.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 31st August 2007 at 03:06 AM.

Lisa the Legend

Yay! The story continues. What happened to Gavin's Pokeball? Is there something in it now? Or is it not really a pokeball as much as a Legendary detecting device? This is getting more interesting. Will they get to the tree in time to help save Oak and Anna?

How can Jigglypuff curl up like a teddy bear next to Kris at night when it had been sent to Professor Elm?

or

Banned

Looks like the Legendary beasts seem to disagree with each other. So we finally meet the Rocket. Professor Oak huh? Also, nice touch on the talking pokemon part. Reminds me of the Episode Island of the Giant Pokemon.

Well, keep up the good work.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Kirby: Hi! Finally, the story continues. Hmm...Gavin's special pokeball is quite evil, and a lot of what happens to it won't make much sense at this point in the story. The same with a lot of events and appearances. My advice to you is to just keep your ears and eyes open during these chapters.

Nice cliffhanger, no?

Oh, and that Jigglypuff thing was a big mistake, I edited it now. It was meant to be Vulpix!

TM: Yes, they are arguing a wee bit, no? Tsk tsk. The talking pokemon was one of my fave bits, but I wish I had been able to do that with Lisa's pokemon, as it adds characterisation. Still, it's not too bad.

More coming soon!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator

Hey Gavin, just reading over this, I was surprised to see that well Jigglypuff was sent to Elm *Blinks* I thought that was one of her favourite Pokemon? And so she now has two fire Pokemon eh? Oh well!

I loved the further characterisation of the Pokemon, with Growlithe being a loyal smart alec! And Butterfree missing Gavin and Lisa, as well as the stalwart Missy! But a pet Slowking! LOL!

Also, Aipom, the living Turban, another great touch! Good work! And another nail into Magneton's patheticness! Hee hee! Can't wait to get further on!

Great job! Another chapter of perfection.
    You're writing is comparable to that of a profesional. I recommend posting it at a place like Fanfiction.net or something, to allow even more people to read it.
    MORE CHAPTERS PLEASE!!!
    ...Go Raikou!
    The Almighty SuperSonicMewtwo

People and Pokémon alike be very afraid. I am unstoppable & unbeatable. I laugh in the face of danger, eat when I'm hungry, and belch in your face. Bow before me or face my wrath, for I am SuperSonicMewtwo, Master of all Pokémon and those who are annoying!

Wargh!! Keel the Entei! Keel the Entei!!! Mwarharharhar!!! Very nice, Gavin! ^_^ Poor Kris. I'm beginning to wonder if Gavin fell out on purpose... *snicker*

Who's Anna? Is that somebody from the anime, or somebody from previous in the fic that i just can't remember? I'm glad she stepped up; the good proffessor doesn't deserve to die.

I like Raiku! And Suicune! But...keel the Entei! He's so evil, man... Anyway, i've done enough ranting, so i think i'll shutup now. Oh yeah, i'm going to post chapter 6 sometime in the near future, so stop by when you have the time, Gavin! As usual, nice work.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Oz Andrew: Thanks for doing your rounds and replying . Don't feel too pressured though. Nah, Jiggly isn't her fave - yet. She likes her Ledian and Misdreavus. Jiggly will be back.

I liked chaarcterising Kris' pokemon and butterfree, it was fun. Normally I don't do that, so that was kinda cool for a change. OMG a pet Slowking would be so BORING!

Well, it's true, Aipom IS like a living turban! And Magneton has sucked from the beginning. Oh well.

SSM: I'd like to think your compliments were justified, but that chapter could have ben much better and however good a writer I might seem to be, I have a VERY long way to go before being professional. A LONG way. But thank you anyway, it makes me feel good

More coming soon.

Aquababe: Ah, nobody likes Entei, he's so evil. So cryptic too. Ah well, we'll see what happens to him soon enough. Kris is a bit lonely riht now ... although you have to admit it was very nice of her to give her buggy away to a friend.

Look back to chapters 2, 14 and 15. That should answer your question. No, the prof doesn't deserve to die.

Suicune is cool, Raikou is a good guy now, it seems. Yep, I'll read chapter 6 when you post it. Thanks!

Chapter 22 up soon!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Fan Fic Updates - Find out what's been updated and when!

Chapter 7 of The Crystal League has been posted. It's a new chapter - that is, it hasn't been posted at all on TPM!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

WOW! An hour's worth of reading...I've finally finished LTL (at least up to the part you've added. The Next chapter is coming...cant' wait...very nice story. It's so long that if started typing about it...my hands would fall off so...I'll just say nice job!

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

pokemasterfrank: Hi! Well, you've read both my stories now, haven't you? Cool. Thanks for reading. Which do you prefer, TCL or Lisa the Legend? Lol lucky I didn't write the wholke story at once ... otherwise my entire ARM would fall off. :d Those chapters took about three or four months to be completed, though.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

This chapter is a must read.

*choke**sniff*

Turning point in the story. And the first chapter ever that made me feel emotion for my characters.

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 22 - Ultimate Confrontation.

Lisa’s knuckles were whiter than ever on the wheel, looking like they were ready to pop out of their sockets. Gavin was keeping steady watch on the fire which drew ever closer. Lisa kept her foot hard on the accelerator, but wondered within if the buggy was made for high speeds. When there was an abrupt explosion from beneath them, in the buggy’s machinery, Lisa guessed not, but Gavin urged her to keep going fast.

“ It won’t work, Gavin!” she yelled, as the wind whipped Aipom off her head and thrust him into the horizontal pole at the rear end of the buggy. He swiftly wrapped his tail around the slippery black pole, and held on tightly.
    “ The motor doesn’t have enough power, and it wasn’t built to go fast anyway!”

“ Just keep going!” Gavin shouted back again, still trying to keep an eye on the fire as it was revived and extinguished continually by the arguing legendaries. Elekid and Magneton worked overtime, but their electicity was failing, and soon, utterly exhausted, they collapsed, the buggy’s life remaining just a few seconds more before it halted, 500 metres from the burning tree.

Gavin instantly leapt out of the buggy and sprinted towards the tree, where he knew, just somehow knew, that somebody was up, cowering in the charred branches. It was then, for the first time since the Whirlpool Cup, that Gavin considered his Psychic – maybe it was helping him? He continued to run, his broken arm not hindering him at all, for a change. Although he only knew there was a fire, somewhere in his mind he felt that there was trouble in the air – serious trouble, involving Entei, Suicune and Raikou.

Entei looked up from the tree, and, while flamethrowering it, spotted Gavin sprinting up. He sighed heavily, and then roared loudly to scare him off. Gavin kept running, bowing his head as though running through heavy rain, and Entei shook slightly. Alright, he thought. Game time.

Gavin kept running, and Lisa ran behind, panting but drawing on her inner strength to keep up. Elekid and Magneton lounged in the broken-down buggy, while Aipom unravelled itself and ran after Lisa. Entei glared on, while Gavin approached, beginning to power up a beam of some sort.

//Oh, no you don’t, Entei// snapped Suicune, darting out in front of the enraged Entei and watergunning him – a weak attack to show he meant business, but didn’t want a fight - while simultaneously trying to put out the fire in the tree. Anna screamed from the tree, and Oak slumped against a thick, blackened branch.

//Out of the way// Entei boomed, staring at Suicune with eyes of intense fire. //Suicune, don’t you see. The secrets we have held for years … they are not ready//

Gavin sprinted up at that moment, before Suicune could utter a reply, and Entei looked down on him as though he was some pathetic Caterpie he was battling against. His eyes flashed a poisonous crimson, and a shimmering wall of sheer psychic energy appeared between the tree and the legendaries, and Gavin, rushing headlong. The wall was completely transparent, totally invisible apart from the occasional shimmer. Gavin suddenly slowed, and Entei grinned maliciously.

//See?// Entei concluded to Suicune. //They AREN’T ready//

Raikou gave a snarl, edging towards the tree, where Anna was supporting the weak, grubby Professor. //Leave it, Raikou// he added in a spiteful tone, breathing out a stream of powerful fire and driving Raikou back, Anna screaming again.

Lisa reached Gavin, and goggled at the devastating situation before them. Looking up in the burning tree, which even Suicune was not now attempting to extinguish, leaving it absent mindedly to the clumsy Psyduck, Lisa noticed that she knew both weak and frightened characters. Anna, she knew from the Whirlpool Cup, and Professor Oak she had met in Greenfield, along with Delia Ketchum in October …

When things seemed as bad as this, Lisa thought.

She took in the entire horrible scene, the tree, scarlet flames licking at it’s already charred bark with a evil hiss. Psyduck, now given up and struggling in despair to climd higher, as flames lapped up the trunk, destroying it in heated fury. Anna, her face pale and her cherry red lips quivering. Oak, weak, lab coat covered in mud, his eyes unfocused. Raikou, standing well back from the fire, trying to figure a way of rescuing the captives. Suicune, a look of fury, yet some form of hope. And Entei, utter anger in the flesh.

Quagsire and Dratini automatically popped out from their pokeballs at Lisa’s side, and together began watergunning at the flames. But the transparent barrier simply absorbed the water. Lisa buried her face in her hands, horror subduing her. But a small question sprung into her befuddled mind, before spritely leaping out from her head. Why didn’t Suicune and Raikou DO something? Why couldn’t they overpower Entei?? WHY?

Suddenly, Oak slipped from the charred branch towards the flames. As if reflex, Anna’s arm shot out and grasped the falling professor’s hands. Maybe it was lucky that he had been starved, then, as he was lighter than usual and Anna, although she struggled greatly, could hold him.

The shimmering barrier between the tree, and Lisa, Gavin and now the tiny Aipom, who approached warily, reflected the light from the blaze, and Anna suddenly burst into tears as the heat flared into their faces. Professor Oak had been dangling from her grasp like it was the one element he needed to live, and as Anna sobbed, her grip loosened.

Suicune seemed unable to do anything, as though it was waiting for something to happen, Raikou still nervously standing back. Entei was rooted to the spot, in pure evil delight, his mouth curving at the ends, but the smile didn’t make it all the way to his glittering black eyes.

In the silence that followed, apart from the low crackling of the fire, Anna’s sweaty palms lost their strength.

The body of Oak slipped more, so that Anna was holding his life in her single weak hand. Lisa screamed, but it was as though a mute had been placed inside her throat, trapping all verbal emotion, bottling it up so that it was silenced completely. Gavin watched in horror, knowing nothing could be done … or …

In that split second, Gavin seemed to decide. It was as though everything happened in a rush, crammed into a millisecond of the few minutes they had been at the site of the horrendous disaster. Gavin summed up all his inner strength, summoning it upwards, willing it to consolidate in the centre of his mind. He grasped at Lisa’s hand, as another finger of both Oak and Anna’s separated. Lisa looked despairingly at him for a moment, but he held her hand firmly, with such intense concentration he had never experienced. He felt Lisa’s emotions, her true power, flooding into his body, surging through his veins like an electric current. Lisa felt an odd, floating sensation overcome her, but there was no time to worry or ponder over it. She squeezed Gavin’s hand tighter, feeling the sensation overcome her.

Another two fingers sepatated, and the hands divided. It would have taken a nanosecond for Oak to plummet into the ground, and the raging blaze, but at that precise moment in time, Gavin’s body was washed over with radiant, turquoise light, all flooding to a central point on his brow, confining the energy into one small bead of crystalline light. And then, as though he had planned it all along, Gavin relaxed his mind, and the bead of power shot out from his head like a bullet from a gun, an enormous beam of energy issuing from his inner soul.

Lisa gasped, but the tiny sigh was silenced by the whooshing of Gavin’s blue beam, which easily penetrated the shimmering barrier, then rocketed to Oak, spearing his thin torso as he fell, then overcoming his body with light, and in moments, evaporating him, his weak body disappearing from sight.

And then, quite abruptly, Gavin crumpled to his knees, not in pain but in pure shock of his actions. He wheezed heavily for a moment, leaning weakly against the transparent wall, and then a faint glow appeared beside him, followed by the appearance of a fragile old man who sprawled out on the grass. The weak Professor Samuel Oak. Lisa bent down next to him, and looked over him closely – he was alive, though barely. She had no idea what was going on here, why was Entei physically flaming Anna, an innocent trainer, and Professor Oak? What motive did he have?

The silence that had settled upon the dazed group shattered with Entei leaping up onto a nearby rock, and roaring.

//Suicune, Raikou, stop you foolishness this instant!// he cried, in a very dark tone. //I’ll end this now, myself, if you do not cease. These two -// he glanced at Lisa and Gavin //must wait. The others must be killed. You know why//

Lisa was even more confused now, Gavin wasn’t even listening, marvelling still over his psychic attack. Oak seemed unconscious, knocked out but saved by Gavin’s inner power. Anna seemed to have given up on escaping now, and she propped herself up on the thick tree trunk, trying to stay calm and not interfere. Quagsire and Dratini seemed to be chatting rapidly while still attempting to water down the flames – they were trying to form a plan to rescue Anna and Psyduck.

Suicune and Raikou were the only ones to actually understand Entei’s behaviour, or at least his words. They silently mused things over, until Raikou bravely spoke up.

//Entei, I’m sure we can talk things over// he began in a calming voice. //This is merely a difference of opinion – you believe nobody should ever know what we were discussing -// Raikou shot a glance at Oak, and then up to the tree at Anna, before turning back. // - but there is no need to kill them for it. Lisa and Gavin here need more time, as I am sure you are aware of by that beam just then, to develop and take control of their destinies//

Gavin’s ears had pricked up at the mention of his name, and he turned his gaze quickly to where Entei’s head was turned, facing the smaller Raikou, who was confronting him with a very brave face. Had they just mentioned something about destinies?

//I believe, and Suicune agrees with me, that Oak and the other girl should be forbidden to tell, and I know Suicune has many methods of doing this// Raikou continued. //As for the others, they should continue training and begin becoming stronger.//

Entei looked enraged, as though he had just been stabbed in the back by his closest companion, which seemed in his eyes to be the case.

//I also believe that, when signalled, Lunanine should return// Suicune broke in loudly, sounding very out of place.

Instantly, Gavin felt very vulnerable, as though all his pokemon had deserted him in a pit of venomous Arbok. He reached with a shaking hand for pokeballs, and produced quickly Girafarig, Staryu, Natu and Ditto. Lisa took a sidelong glance at him, and was about to speak up to the legendaries when Entei broke in powerfully.

//If you two are too weak…// began Entei, turning to face Anna in the tree. //Then that is your downfall//

He lashed out instantly, and an orb of intense crimson fire formed within his drooling jaws. //Goodbye, human// he bellowed, shooting out the ball directly at Anna, whose mouth opened in shock seconds before the ball was fired. But as it raced at her, a thick blast of blackness shot out from her right, shielding her like a dark blanket of power, holding the attack from Entei back, and it hovered at the edge.

Lisa, Gavin, Raikou, Suicune and Entei all looked toward the direction of the black shield, and not too far from the tree hovered a deep grey Misdreavus, flanked by a timid Butterfree to her left and an indignant Growlithe below, on the ground. Lisa recognised the Butterfree, and soonafter the Misdreavus.

“ Hey – that’s my Butterfree!” she exclaimed, breaking some of the tension. Butterfree squinted through the night, and discovered it’s previous trainer, cowering by the barrier. Lisa, her friend. “ And that’s Kris’ Misdreavus!”

Entei seemed further infuriated by the arrival of the newcomers. His large ivory glowing orb was still shining close by the black, cloaking attack from Misdreavus, but it was ever so gradually dimming, as though the blanket was sucking the life from the ball. Then Entei felt greater fury, stronger indignation; their centuries of secrecy were about to be torn to shreds.

//NO!// he roared, opening his jaws again and firing off a spiral of smaller white orbs, which travelled rapidly at the tree, and magically pierced Misdreavus’ black protection, diminishing it and heading straight for Anna. Lisa foresaw devastation, heard Anna scream, and screwed her eyes shut tightly.

Three small balls of power ripped through the forcefield, and tore directly through Anna’s heart. Her shrieks abruptly silenced, the body of Anna dropped to the foot of the tree, and into the orange flames, which began furiously burning her.

Suicune and Raikou’s faces both showed mingled horror and anger, Gavin’s throat closed over, the pokemon all squealed, and Lisa dared to open her eyes. She screamed, louder than anybody. Anna’s dead body was laying in the blaze, overcome completely and beyond return. Anna – Lisa couldn’t comprehend –

Anna was dead.

As Lisa stared at the flames which obscured her friend’s body, tears gushed from her eyes down her face. As she screamed with horror, there was a cry from the blaze – not Anna’s cry of grief, pain, anguish, but a soothing cry. A call from some sort of friend. A spirit. But not Anna’s …

Lisa’s eyes bulged as she saw what looked like a massive rainbow bird – a phoenix – streaking through the air. Lisa blinked to see better, but her eyes were misted with tears, and the phoenix dissolved into thin air. But the calm, refreshing cry gave something to Lisa. She felt a new sense of anger, something that ceased her screams and sobs and forced her to stand up from Oak’s frail form beside her. She stood tall, and faced Entei.

“ You killed an innocent person, Entei,” cried Lisa, choking back sobs, her eyes rapidly clearing up. She saw gavin staring on, amazed, as she spoke to the legendaries for the first time directly – ever. “ You killed her to protect yourself – or me and Gavin, maybe, who knows? But you will pay.”

Gavin blinked twice, and searched for something to yell out to the legendaries too, but failed, his voice box choking up as the full realisation of what had happened hit him.

Suicune and Raikou had lingered at the sidelines for long enough now. They knew it was time to step in, no matter what they needed to keep a secret, they had to break the rules at this point.

Lisa immediately called Dratini and Quagsire to join her. Both prepared Ice Beams, along with Gavin’s Staryu. Aipom conjured up a swift attack, bright stars ready to fly out. Girafarig sent out a beam of rainbow light, along with Natu. Ditto looked on, helpless. While Growlithe forced a torrent of fire to belch from his mouth, Butterfree opted for a Gust, and Misdreavus creating a large mauve Shadow Ball. Finally, both Suicune and Raikou powered up beams of light.

“ Entei, this is from Anna.”

Eleven combined ranged attacks sliced the crisp night air, each one’s power magnified by the combination of all the attacks. Instantly, the strong glass-like barrier shattered to the ground as the beams combined to form a rainbow, and Entei roared one more time before he was pummelled with the outrage of Pokemon.

Entei dropped to the ground with a loud thud, which vibrated through the earth, before shimmering intensely. Then, with a blast bright enough to blind, it disappeared.

Lisa blinked at the devastation before her, unsure of what to do next. The entire area around the tree was blackened and looking worn and tired. Professor Oak’s unconscious form lay at her feet. All the pokemon were panting on the ground, weakened by their own attacks. Anna’s Psyduck was nowhere to be seen. Possibly in was buried in the ashes of the tree where Anna had died. The tree had collapsed ten minutes after the pokemon had subdued the flames, in a pile of ashes.

Suicune and Raikou had both disappeared, leaving Lisa and Gavin to cope with the overwhelming situation alone. Lisa sat for fifteen minutes in the late night, on the dirt and ashes which had cooled, staring blankly ahead, as though wishing for the entire night to reverse, wishing for something to come along and slot into the empty chasm within her.

Gavin scuffed his feet in the dirt as he came back to Lisa’s blank, emotionally shattered form, and sat down slowly, stirring up some dirt as he did so, and put a shaking arm around Lisa.

Lisa sobbed silently. Anna was dead – DEAD. And Entei … Entei was searching for her, going to kill her. She felt it. But what could she do for now?

Nothing, she thought bitterly, her head resting on Gavin’s shoulder, as he rocked her gently, tears trickling from his own eyes, unseen by Lisa.

Absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:44 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator

Hey Gavin, just read it all, much to your dismay much too fast! Hee! But anyway, this revised chapter was so much better than the original, it added so much to it, with Anna's death being much better drawn out, Oak surviving peeved me off. And how will Psyduck cope with it?

Will we see a ghostly Anna talk to Lisa from beyond the grave? But the tension held so well till Gavin detached us from it with his "Yeah!" and his teleportation was good!

Was Entei turned to Entashes or something? But Raioku seems to be kinda on the sidelines, what part does he have to play? Will he secretly talk to Lisa and Gavin and let them in on the goss? But Poor Anna, she was so brave... she deserves to kick someone's shins...

Great work Gavin!