Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Misty Sakura: Hi!

Lol well the important thing is that you have caught onto the fic now. I can't wait for Sunday, that day will be the 1-year anniversary of Lisa the Legend being posted.

I'm still working out the bugs in the plot, there are some thing I should have added in much earlier, so there are a few creases and plotholes still to be discovered. LMAO a few months ago I discovered a MAJOR plot hole, but, Me being Me, I forgot what it was. So I can't even fix it.

Don't be worried about criticising this! It's not perfect, it's barely OK, it'sa crap really! Criticise as much as you can. Most writers like to know what's wrong so they can fix it.

As for what you pointed out, it's been blatantly obvious to me for awhile now. But I am yet to fix it. I presume you mean the lack of characterisation for Lisa and Gavin? I'm working on it from now on. And their history and some of their life ... will be coming soon.dn't manage to catch onto this fic earlier!

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Hi! Sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier.In my mental picture, Fiskmire looks cool.Banana chunkies on the floor?That must be what Gavin is bad at!Magneton bye-bye.And Issechu is a reeeeeeal problem for Lisa.And I wonder how nurse Lisa disappears.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

100Fang Croconaw: Hi. That's alright, as long as you did manage to read the new chapter at some point. I'm very excited now, we are nearly back up to where I left off in June when TPM went down. Anyhow, I hope you like the way you invisage Fiskmire. What does he look like to you? Can you describe him to me at all?

Yes, Gavin is a bad chef. Nevertheless, he can still cook! Yes, off goes Magneton, and Issechu has evaporated! Lisa's disappearance will be made evident on Sunday!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well just a quick note to say ...

HOORAY! Lisa the Legend is 1 year old today!

8) 8) 8) 8)

However, I also can't put the next chapter up at the moment due to some technical difficulties. It'll be up ASAP!

Also, I have to let everybody know that from now on I will only be reading two fics - Lapras Valley High and Electric Buggy to Victory - and apart from posting and replying to Lisa the Legend, I will not be online on TPM at all. Also, I have decided that once I complete LTL (about chapter 40) I will be leaving TPM.

So ...

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

You are leaving? That means that you won't be making any more stories.

I guess if you aren't interested in something anymore, then it is harder to write about it. At least you are finishing the story before you leave.
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Kirby: Don't be too upset. I won't be leaving until I finish this - which is like chapter 40 or more. This could take me until about January or February! I'll be here for a while yet.

Cheers!

Thanks, everyone, for being so patient! By the way, after deciding to add in previews after each chapter, I also altered the chapter title format from now on.

Here we go, after two weeks' wait:

----------------------------------------

Chapter 26 - The Engagement.

“ Thank you very much sir, please visit us again,” Lisa called cheerily, waving politely after a man in a rather dingy suit. He looked out of place in the picturesque, modern Pokemon Centre.

The man grinned, and his thin eyebrows raised. “ Oh, I’ll see you soon …” he said in a menacing tone. Lisa shivered at the threat in his voice, but moments later he was grinning casually. “ Thanks again.” He called, vacating the building.

Lisa sighed; they got a few weirdos in the centre from time to time. She strolled to the back section of the centre where Nurse Joy stood fussing over a couple of Voltorbs who refused to keep up the power supply. Elekid, Lisa’s, was also there, having taken up a full-time position as a volt-eneer, as Lisa had affectionately dubbed the group of pokemon who provided energy for the building which was her workplace and had been for two days now.

“ Joy, I’m ready to go now,” she said to the very stressed looking girl. “ Don’t worry too much about them, we don’t have any Pokemon on the life support machine.” She added jokingly. Joy nodded, and left the Voltorbs inside the room, while Elekid jumped to the floor beside Lisa.

“ Thanks Lisa,” she said. “ I’ll seeya tomorrow morning, OK?”

Lisa faltered. “ Joy, tomorrow is Sunday.”

The red-haired girl looked concerned and pensive for a second. “ Oh, right, so it is. I guess I’m on my own. There’s no pokemon out back except the Voltorbs and that little Sandshrew …”

“ And Issechu!” corrected Lisa, glad that she no longer claimed ownership of the icy bug. She had handed him back into the custody of the Apprentice Nurse Joy, somewhat happier than when he left. Joy looked unimpressed.

“ Lisa, you can always take him back for a while …” she said in a pleading way, running a hand through her messy hair.

Lisa laughed. “ Have fun, Joy.” She bent to the floor and grabbed her backpack, throwing it lightly over one shoulder. Elekid trouped after her happily, knowing that he would be, on Monday, rewarded for his generous transaction. Probably with a Rare candy … Elekid licked hungrily at his lips. Rare candies were, in his opinion, the most delicious delicacy on earth.

“ Bye,” Joy called morosely from back inside, staring glumly at the peeling wallpaper. Lisa shook with silent pleasure as she thought delightedly of the upcoming events of that night. She closed the silent door of the centre, and strolled into the street. The moonlight fell in a pool nearby a vibrant green tree surrounded by low, circular brick wall which did a double act as a bench. Lisa noticed a family of furry pidgeys up in a strong brown bough, the two tiny caramel Pidgeys were snuggled beneath the sturdy, protective wings of her parent Pidgeottos.

Elekid seemed more interested in a sign at a Pizza Place a few blocks ahead, but Lisa was enraptured by the family scene. Her heart ached suddenly – it had been a long time since she could remember being embraced by her mother and father like that, all cosily at home. But in her dark worryings a bright spark suddenly lightened her mind, a spark which grew and enveloped her.

Her parents were coming home tonight …

Lisa hugged her knowledge joyfully, while Elekid jumped along happily towards the Pizza Place. He crossed the road easily, the heavy rush hour traffic had already faded away. Lisa wandered slowly behind him, picturing her mother’s warm, hazel eyes and resplendant hair; her father’s smiling face and big, strong arms. She couldn’t wait until she arrived at the train station, just near the Pizza Place, where the Fast Train would take her almost instantly to her suburb of Lavender Lake. The train station was very near her house.

Crossing the street, Lisa suddenly became aware of three things. The cold, the time, and the dark. Deciding how to remedy them all, she called Elekid, who was a good fifty metres ahead, staring greedily at the distant luminous sign. Reaching the footpath on the adverse side of the road, Lisa dropped her pack on the ground and fished around for her pokegear. She located it, and pushed the light-up button.

Six-thirty! What had happened to the time? Lisa wondered, slamming the gear back into her bag and pulling out a cobalt blue jumper. She zipped the pack up, and pulled the jumper over her head. She fitted it neatly on, glad of having fixed two problems. She glanced up the street. Elekid had vanished into the night. She mumbled angrily, hoisting her bag up again and hugging her arms to her chest.

It was dark, and she wasn’t exactly in the cosy part of town. Not that there really WAS anything to worry about, she reassured herself half-heartedly, hastening in her steps. Things didn’t actually happen in real life …

Annoyingly, Lisa knew she was only a nearly-fifteen-year-old girl, with no pokemon beside her. She wished vehemently that Aipom and the others weren’t at Miki’s dance theatre for an exercise regime. Elekid had been able to worm himself out of that one, but now he too had gone far ahead, and Lisa felt oddly vulnerable. And then a tingling thought came to her.

There were no side streets. And the street was flat, no hills to obscure her vision. Lisa’s pace quickened, as she strolled by closed shops and a house on her right. She shivered. Where had Elekid gone? It wasn’t like him to play about with disappearing acts … who knew what might happen? In big cities, no matter where, you never knew who you might see …

Something in Lisa’s memory stirred. She didn’t know why, but something at the back of her mind moved around disturbingly. Something she couldn’t quite grasp, something that had happened only minutes before … Lisa tried to take hold of the fleeting memory, but failed. She walked a few paces backwards, and then forwards again. And still she couldn’t recall.

Up ahead, there was a wide alleyway. Lisa shivered, and her mind tingled violently, willing her to remember. She halted, and gasped.

No side streets, but an alleyway.

Elekid had disappeared.

Lisa shuddered, and began walking past the alley leaving a wide berth. Then her mind clicked. “ Oh, I’ll see you soon …” he had said in a menacing voice. That was it … her memory …

Halfway across the span of the alleyway, Lisa glanced furtively down to see if Elekid was hiding, crouching behind a dumpster or anything. There was a sudden swish, and a thud. Lisa’s eyes goggled as a strong hand grabbed her arm, the other approaching her throat, but she was too late to save herself.

Her shriek reverberated into the night.

“ She’d better be here soon,” moaned Gavin, sitting bored on the couch, no longer interested in the elite four battle, live, on the Lounge room TV, in which an obese boy was duelling with Will. Wes still seemed rapt, his eyes fixed on the constant footage of Xatu and Persian countering attacks. Gavin scratched fruitlessly at the plaster cast on his arm, and wished the next four weeks were already behind him. His arm was feeling weaker now, and using his left hand for everything made him even more clumsy than usual.

“ I reckon,” Tom said numbly, watching even more bored as Xatu pummelled Persian with a psychic. “ Although,” he added slyly, glancing sidelong at Gavin. “ Why do you care?”

Gavin’s ears pricked up, sensing Tom’s slyness and the way in which he said it. “ What?” then, without waiting for a reply. “ I’m bored. When she gets here we can go. I THINK.”

Tom grinned, revelling in Gavin’s awkward response. “ I’m not stupid …”

“ Me either,” replied Gavin testily.

“ Then we’re both OK.” Tom said slowly. Both whipped their faces to the TV, then both boys turned slowly back to face each other. Tom spoke. “ I can see it.”

“ You can’t,” Gavin said automatically. Then, he slapped his head in annoyance. “ Um … what can you see?”

“ That you’re in l–”

“ TOM!” bellowed Miki from the kitchen. Tom turned at once, and raced obediently into the kitchen. Gavin sunk, sweating, into his chair. Thank God that hadn’t gone any further …

Tom arrived with a screeching halt into the kitchen, to see Miki standing, almost overbalancing, with Aipom coiled around her arms, shoulders and head. He held a bottle of Maple Syrup in one hand, and Miki’s hair with the other. She had a pained expression on her face. Tom stared in astonishment and amusement as Aipom drank slowly from the bottle.

“ Get off!” he snapped, aiming a backhanded slap at the purple monkey. At that moment, the syrup bottle dropped to the ground, and Aipom released Miki totally. She wobbled, relieved and shocked, as Aipom suddenly gained the ability to fly, and began bouncing off the walls, literally, leaping from the bench to the table to the wall to the door to another wall and finally out of sight into the Lounge Room.

The betrothed couple breathed relief in unison, as a shout echoed from Gavin. “ Get off, you damn monkey! Stop – ow! That’s my ear!! Aaargh!”

Tom rushed off to sort things out. Miki turned back to the kitchen, and at her half-cooked roast in the oven. “ Hurry,” she willed it, as the phone began to ring shrilly. Miki turned to pick up, but there was a quick “hello” near her shoulder, and Jean the 10 year old stood there. After a moment, she clattered the receiver onto the benchtop.

“ Who is it?” hissed Miki.

“ Nurse Joy,” Jean said vaguely, suddenly walking away from the phone and back into the hallway near her bedroom. “ She wants Lisa, and Lisa isn’t here, so …”

Jean left uncaringly, and Miki picked the phone up. “ Hi – Joy?”

“ Lisa? No that’s not –”

“ This is Lisa’s sister-in-law to be,” replied Miki. “ Lisa isn’t here right now.”

There was an abrupt silence on the phone, broken only by the shouting of both Gavin and Tom, who were whining at the hyperactive Aipom about ears, noses, broken arms and certain unmentionable things …

“ She isn’t?” asked Joy.

“ No,” Miki replied firmly. “ And she’s not there either, is she? So she must be on her way …”

“ It must take a long time then,” began Joy. “ Oh, hang on …” Miki waited patiently on the other end of the line, and after a few seconds there came yells of “ No, Issechu!” and “ Sandshrew, stop that!” and “ Ugh, I need a coffee.” After a minute or two, Joy returned. “ Where was I?” there was a moment’s silence. “ Oh yeah, Lisa left at about twenty past.”

“ It’s almost seven now!” exclaimed Miki, checking the wall clock. “ She’s been gone for almost forty minutes.” She paused. “ It takes ten minutes to the train, three minutes on the train, then five minutes home …” she added up in her head. “ So she’s done something with her extra twenty two minutes.”

“ Any seconds with that?” Joy replied with much sarcasm.

“ Thirteen,” shot back Miki. “ Listen, Joy, are you sure she’s not there?”

“ Yeah, I’m not stupid,” she replied. “ Oh, damn, I spilt the coffee …”

After yet another pause, Joy returned online. “ Well, I hope she’s OK,” she said, annoyed at Miki but genuinely concerned about Lisa. “ Tell her to call me when she’s home. Don’t worry, she probably just stopped for Pizza or something. Seeya.”

“ Bye,” said Miki, hanging up.

She entered the lounge to break the news. Tom and Gavin were on the floor, their faces screwed up in pain. Gavin was looking almost dead.

“ What’s wrong Miki?” Tom asked, seeing her vague stare. “ What’s happened?”

A tingle inside Gavin’s mind … the psychic part … told him something was very wrong.

Miki rushed it out, almost frantic now. “ Lisa’s not here. Lisa’s not at the Pokemon Centre. Tom … Gavin … Lisa’s missing.”

Lisa’s fearful eyes blinked as the strong man stood before her, a black, swirling cloak swimming at his ankles. She now recognised him as the man she had offered service to that same evening at work. She suddenly found herself wishing Gavin was with her, or Aipom. Even Kris would have been welcome, for companionship rather than to help Lisa escape the terrifying situation.

The man stared at her with a cold, piercing glare, one filled with evil. Lisa noticed hatred glimmering in his eyes. While he glared at her evilly, Elekid struggled in his rubber cage. Furious at being trapped so easily, he wished his eyes had been focused on what he was doing rather than where he was going.

After a long silence in the dark room which led off the alleyway, their capturer spoke in a menacing voice. “ You probably won’t remember me,” he said slowly, walking slowly.

Lisa strained fruitlessly against her bonds against her wrists and ankles. She didn’t know why. “ I do remember you, idiot! - you came in to the centre a few minutes ago!”

He clicked his tongue impatiently. “ I didn’t think you would remember.” He crossed the dingy room, cloak trailing behind, rippling fluidly. “ And I was right.”

Elekid’s plugs sizzled furiously, as Lisa regarded the black-clothed man curiously. What was he on about? She mused, observing his calm, unruffled appearance. She had just said she did remember him, what was he playing at? He grinned, enjoying her confusion. He allowed the confoundation to draw out before he took hold of his cloak and ripped it away, throwing the black garment onto the concrete floor.

Lisa, crouched on the floor, gasped, her wrists throbbing but her astonishment overpowering her pain. Before her stood a man clothed entirely in black , except for a scarlet ‘R’ emblazoned on his shirt.

“ Oh, how original, a Team Rocket member,” drawled Lisa, unable to communicate her shock any other way.

The man swept over to her and grinned. “ Still don’t remember me?” he asked. “ Well, I’m here for a very good reason. Namely, to kill you.”

Lisa was blank with shock.

“ You might as well know everything then,” he began. “ You ran into me once, in Goldenrod City.”

At these words, dozens of images shot through Lisa’s mind as she remembered Goldenrod City. A troupe of stubborn Heracross, a weak Caterpie, a couple of friends, Hiro and Kris, Aipom going hyperactive back in a café, Gavin, the receptionist, the radio tower, Lunanine, at that time the ‘black beast’. And then, in between these pictures, Lisa recalled …

-------------------------------------

“ Here we are again.” Lisa said to Aipom, who was swinging on her shoulder. “ The Radio Tower. Hopefully there’s a lot of people in here who know about Legendary Pokemon … especially Suicune.”

Just before Lisa could enter the tower’s sliding glass doors, a man in black appeared from behind a corner building, and pushed her roughly over. She stumbled but recovered, and then turned to face him. He was clothed totally in black, and had a menacing look on his face. “ Oy, kid. Watch out where you’re going.”

“ Me? You ran into me!” Lisa argued quickly, as Aipom spat out at the man. However, the girl was slowly backing towards the doors of the Tower.

The man shrugged angrily. “ Just stop snooping around, kid. We’ve got enough problems without you.” He began to leave, when suddenly, a very odd look crossed his face – something like stunned surprise. But when he turned, Lisa was gone.

She had thought the man’s behaviour was pretty bizarre, so she sidestepped swiftly and sprinted through the electronic glass doors, and entered the busy radio station tower, escaping the shady character before he got any closer or any more annoyed.

-------------------------------------

“ I remember now …” she said slowly. Then her stunned, dopey state faded away, leaving a frowning, indignant girl. “ You’re part of Team Rocket. I should have known then.”

“ Yes, well, you may or may not know, but I’ve been tracking you down for a while. For the first few weeks I was unable to do much …” he paused. “ Then, in November, a friend of mine – my boss, actually - Joseph Sterling, I doubt you would have heard of him … he heard from a ‘friend’ of his of you. I met his friend, and thanks to some notes he had, I learned some things about you. Other things that were useless … I didn’t care what the Professor had to say about Pokemon …”

Lisa’s mind was whirling. Was she hearing all this? It seemed so … she sighed, confused, petrified and lonely, her pack pressing into her back, something hard poking into her. Abruptly, she thought something had fitted into place. “ Professor Oak?”

“ Oak? God no. This man was blustering and stupid. He went by the name of Westwood.”

Lisa shivered. Suddenly, things really did slot into place. More images and people whirled through her mind. She had told Westwood a lot. He had notes with him on her – and of course, the notes on Lunanine. They were the notes mentioned by the Rocket. Joseph – she had heard it before, but where?

Seemingly thousands of questions bounced on the walls of Lisa’s mind, rebounding and inflicting the notion for basis of countless more questions. The questions seemed to make a web of confusion for Lisa. Nothing was making sense anymore, none of it. Lisa wanted the Rocket to go on, to explain things more. She had to understand, her thirst for knowing grew ravenously.

Then, suddenly, the man appeared bored. “ That’s all. Or shall I say, that’s all you will ever know.”

He reached into a pocket, and produced a small, but very deadly, shiny black gun. He raised it slowly, until it was pointing at her heart. At the back of her mind, Lisa was reminded of Anna’s death, one which she had narrowly avoided seeing, thank God. And now, she would be joining her, unless …

She had to play for time. “ Why are you killing me?” she asked. It sounded so stupid, so unreal, that if the situation had not been more serious and life-altering she may have laughed, or at least deigned a smile. But the rocket looked amused.

“ Well … I actually should not have come.” the man replied. “ But I suppose it is for the best anyway. You knew, even before now, that Westwood was in the Whirl Islands with his supposed friend Joseph. The same Joseph of Team Rocket. Through Westwood, we learned that he had already told you where he was going. And I thought you would soon connect the Joseph Sterling, executive Team Rocket member, who was suddenly being mention on news programs over the country, with the same one as Westwood’s friend. We had to be sure that our activities were never discovered …”

“ Activities?” Lisa questioned, trying to shuffle so as to remove or dislodge the item in her pack. It was inside the bag, and was very hard and solid, poking through to discomfort her. She shuffled again. “ But I didn’t work it out, any of it. Why are you trying to kill me?? You say you were looking for me before that.”

“ I was,” the Rocket said. “ But I can’t tell you why. Not yet. I wouldn’t be allowed to. He’d kill me…”

“ Who?” began Lisa, playing for time again.

“ Nevermind. You will be killed now,” smirked the Rocket impassively. “ However, your Elekid may prove useful for us. We shall keep it.”

His finger travelled towards the trigger, as though in slow motion. Lisa watched, terrified to her very soul, and cringed, curling up in the fetal position. Suddenly, the uncomfortable item in her bag dislodged, and fell to the bottom of the pack. There was a small tinkling sound, and Lisa suddenly knew what it was. She had a feeling she knew it’s purpose, but was unsure.

The Rocket had dropped the gun to his side. “ What was that?”

Lisa knew what to do now – it might save her. She jiggled stupidly on the floor as much as her restraints allowed her to, the Crystal Bells clinking together, volume increasing. But somehow Lisa was sure that they would be heard no matter how quietly they rang.

She sensed help coming, she felt a sudden brightness nearby. The Rocket sensed something wrong too, and knew help was coming for the girl. He raised the gun, and pulled the trigger …

… as an incredible, enormous, life-giving beam of energy shot through the wall, blasting through the Rocket backwards and knocking the gun away. The bullet, only a foot away from the cringing, terrified Lisa, halted suddenly, as an intense radience of azure overcame the weapon, making it spin . The rocket shook his head as he lay dying on the concrete, blood beginning to spurt out.

In the gap behind Lisa in the wall, Suicune shone, a powerful aura glowing around him. Lisa stared in utter relief. He nodded to her, and her roped bonds melted away as though an acid was breaking them down. Deep marks remained in Lisa’s wrist, but she didn’t mind. She was alive.

Lisa could hear people’s voices … Gavin’s, Tom’s, Miki’s, others’. Coming closer … but not quite near her.

In extreme relief, Lisa passed out, inky blackness enclosing her. But somehow, she didn’t totally lose consciousness. Or maybe she did? Somehow, either way, Suicune’s voice came to her, calm and reassuring.

//Lisa Walters, relax now. I have stopped the danger – for now. You must rest. I will take care of all that matters. I shall see to it. My friend Raikou will help me. As for you, you will be perfectly safe.// There was a pause in the godlike voice. // I will most likely see you again soon … tomorrow …//

When Lisa arrived home, escorted by many police officers and the newspapers and TV News, all of whom had managed to write up a report on the incident – as much as Lisa could tell them anyway. Tom, Miki, Wes, Jean and Gavin had all questioned her rapidly and looked very concerned. After an hour or so of talking, they decided not to tell their parents about it all upon their arrival. However, Lisa fell asleep, exhausted, and her mind cluttered, before her parents returned.

After a thorough sleep, Lisa awoke at 11am, to find her parents in the household. She hugged them, and chattered non-stop to them for half an hour or so. From the way her mother hugged her more tightly than usual and by the steely glint in her father’s eye, Lisa could tell that they had been told, via Tom’s excessively large mouth, about last night. They greeted Aipom happily, who seemed to recognise them. Mum explained that they found him in Mt. Moon a few days into their expedition. So they sent him to Lisa.

Kris visited later that day and was introduced to the entire Walters Family. She explained that she had found a way to pay Lisa and Gavin back for returning Growlithe, Misdreavus and Butterfree safely.

“ My buggy’s right outside,” she had said with a grin. “ Feel free to use it. It’s yours now, for good.”

She hadn’t stayed much longer, but said she really didn’t mind giving them the buggy. Lisa, though, in turn said she could of course keep possession of Vulpix, and Kris thanked her profusely. But afterwards, Lisa thought she had seen a glimmer of relief in Kris’ shining eyes after she gave her buggy to them, but Kris never said anymore about her prize from a couple of weeks ago. She then announced that she was heading east of the city, to Mt Silver. She announced that she was to compete in the Johto League in a week or so.

“ I didn’t know you had collected badges!” Lisa cried, after Kris had explained she had eight.

Kris smiled. “ I liked to keep quiet about it,” she grinned, pulling a pouch from her pocket. She tipped the eight badges into her hand and grinned. “ I’m going to evolve Jigglypuff before my battles.”

“ Good luck, I wish I could see you battle,” Lisa smiled.

“ Me too, I hope you win,” Gavin winked, trying to shake Kris’ hand with his unbroken left arm. After a tangle of arms, Lisa and Gavin said their goodbyes, and Lisa bid her ex-pokemon, Butterfree and Vulpix, farewell. Then, Kris was gone.

That night was the night of Tom and Miki’s engagement party. Both disappeared to Tom’s room after five o’clock that afternoon, and Gavin and Lisa spoke with Lisa’s parents for an hour or so while waiting for the guests to arrive. The day was mainly filled with lazing around the house, laughter and talking. Gavin took a liking to Lisa’s parents, they seemed very natural and relaxed.

At six, Lisa’s Dad and Gavin went outside and set up a few tables. Tom and Miki had invited a few relatives and quite a few friends from the gym, and dance theatre, over for an engagement dinner in the family’s immaculate garden. Mum left Lisa in the kitchen, preparing countless dishes, no thanks to Jean, who spoilt the quiche, while the 40-year-old woman bustled outside re-re-raking the smooth green lawn.

Lisa found herself, at eight, sitting under the stars that night at a small table, where Gavin, Wes, Jean and herself were meant to be seated. Wes had disappeared up a tree to spy on Tom talking to his mates, while Jean eyed the plastic-iced cake on a separate table hungrily.

“ I don’t know any of these people,” Gavin moaned at Lisa, dropping pasta over his clothes and trying to manouver his fork with his unskilful left hand.

“ You aren’t meant to,” replied Lisa, spearing a couple of Tortellini and placing them neatly in her mouth.

Gavin watched in near-admiration. “ How do you do that? I keep messing things up – they always fall down … your Mum won’t mind about a couple of Tortellini on the grass, will she?”

“ Better pick it up anyway,” Lisa said, throwing a sidelong glance at her mother, who was hastily scooping up insignificant pieces of pastry that had broken off a mini-sausage roll much earlier. “ And anyway, I’m eating with my right hand … yours is covered in plaster.”

Gavin made another futile attempt to eat the sauce-covered stuff with his left hand – he dropped it onto the grass again. Lisa rolled her eyes, wondering how somebody could be such an idiot, and stood up. She crossed to the other side of the table, and picked up the fork. “ I’ll do it,” she sighed, poking a couple of the small pasta onto the fork. “ Open up, spoonfed baby.”

Gavin opened his mouth, and after a couple of stabs in the gum on Lisa’s part, he managed to eat the Tortellini. “ Thanks.” He wiped his mouth. “ That’s basically the first thing I’ve eaten since … the remains of the quiche.”

Lisa giggled, and searched around for Aipom, doing her routine check for him. He was swinging up in Wes’ tree, attacking the spying boy vehemently. She left him to it, and turned back to Gavin, who was pleading for more food. She ‘forked’ over some more pasta, and he munched gratefully.

“ Thanks again Lisa.”

“ Welcome …” Lisa looked into his eyes. “ Although you don’t deserve it,” she teased, jolting the next forkful of tortellini away from his mouth as he went in for the kill. “ Um, want a drink?”

“ Wine would be nice.”

“ There’s some wine over on the other table. We weren’t given any – I don’t think Mum and Dad want Wes and Jean to get hold of it. Be right back.”

Lisa slipped off furtively, returning stealthily after a minute or so with a large bottle of wine, half-empty. She took hold of Gavin’s glass, poured some, then poured a small amount for herself.

Before either could speak again, there was an enormous crash from near the tree. Lisa and Gavin’s heads both swivelled, expecting to see Wes and Aipom landed on the ground, exposed to Tom and his mates. But as they looked, they found that Wes and Aipom were still woven in the branches, although looking terrified. Everyone in the garden was staring at an overturned table, paralyzed with fear. There was a sudden sparkle, and Suicune appeared within the depths of the garden.

Lisa and Gavin exchanged serious looks, but only Lisa thought she should have expected this. Suicune had said so.

Some people ran towards the household, but suddenly Suicune breathed out a heavy blue mist, and it engulfed the garden rapidly. Lisa and Gavin ducked under the table, as the mist washed past them, inches above their heads. When they were sure it had passed, they stood up.

Everybody was still standing, frozen in time. It was a chilling experience. All around the garden, people were frozen in the exact position of when Suicune’s Mist had overtaken them. One of Tom’s drunk friends was in mid-air, diving fully-clothed into the pool. In the midst of it all, Suicune spied Lisa and Gavin.

//I am not surprised you two were able to escape this// Suicune said, telepathising thoughts into their minds. // You are much more experienced//

“ We are?” Gavin said loudly. “ Suicune, what have you done?”

Suicune seemed unsurprised at this outburst, too. //It’s just a diversion//

“ What?” Lisa cried.

//I’m sorry, but we had to do something. You weren’t as ready for what you were needed for, obviously. Last night showed that neither of you … hm, anyway …// Suicune said all this calmly, his coat rippling fluidly, bright as ever. //You won’t notice a difference after this.//

Lisa was feeling quite afraid now, but Gavin looked determined. Suddenly, there was a clatter from the house, and Gavin’s own backpack went sailing though the air, arcing over the entire scene. Lisa, Gavin and even Suicune stared at it in wonder. It plopped neatly into the pool, which seemed unaffected by the timefreeze, and sank instantly, all the pokeballs – and the Sacred Ball – floated outwards.

Gavin went to snatch the pokeballs up, and ran to the poolside, as all pokeballs opened. He shut his eyes against the flashes, and then re-opened them, seeing Natu, Staryu, Girafarig, Ditto and Lanturn all paddling around. The Sacred Ball had drifted a fair way.

Before Gavin could grasp it, the ball flew out of reach, and back to Suicune. He stared at it with glowing eyes, and suddenly a beam of blue shot out from his eyes to the ball. As Lisa and Gavin watched, it was sucked into his eyes, and then, the ball shot back out again, looking exactly the same. The Sacred Ball rolled over the grass, and Suicune spoke. //Goodbye// and dissolved into thin air.

Instantly, as though the magic miasma had shattered, the life drew back into the people and guests at the party. There was a splash and a drunked cry, and everyone continued with the party as it had been left off before the crashing of the table.

Lisa and Gavin exchanged deep, nervous glances.

“ We’ll be back soon.” Lisa promised, hugging her mother again. “ A couple of days, that’s all. I just really want to get to the bottom of all this Suicune stuff.” She faltered, choosing her words carefully. Her parents still, luckily, did not know about Lisa travelling the country while they were away. Lisa had managed to convice them she had caught all her pokemon in parks and lakes around the city. “ I saw it one day in the park, and last night, and again today. I just want to find out more about it.”

“ Are you sure you want to go?” Mum asked, her eyes welling with tears at having to farewell her daughter the day after re-meeting her.

“ Positive. Gavin and Aipom will keep me company.”

Lisa jumped into the driver’s seat of the rickety buggy. The early morning sun teetered behind a foothill to the east. Lisa strapped herself in, detached Aipom from her head and made him hang from the horizontal bar behind her, and waved goodbye. She started the motor, and backed out of the driveway. Gavin sat next to her, waving violently with his left arm.

“ Goodbye guys!” called Tom and Miki in unison, snuggling together.

“ Seeya!” Wes called. “ Bring me back a pokemon!”

“ Seeya!” Jean echoed. “ Bring me back some chocolate!”

Mum and Dad looked on, proud. “ Bye Lisa. Bye Gavin. Have fun!”

Lisa floored the accelerator, and the buggy of Kris’ sped off with a bang. She was off, with Gavin and Aipom, to a peninsula north of Ecruteak, where there was an ancient library. There she would find books on Suicune, and find exactly, if possible, what was going on with her life in the past couple of months. She took a deep breath, and left the house.

“ Bye everyone!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up on Lisa the Legend

Lisa and Gavin are on the way to the Peninsula north of Ecruteak, where Lisa can find books about Legendaries.

Finally, Lisa spoke. “ D’you think this’ll finally help us work out WHY Suicune keeps following us, Gavin?” she asked, sweat pouring down her face and her hands sticking to the wheel.

He grunted slightly. “ I hope so. Weird things have been going on lately. I’d like to know why.”

But not everything is going to plan.

Setting her mouth into a determined line, she spoke. “ We’ll have to walk.” Lisa declared bravely.

In fact, things are, on the whole, becoming a bit too repetitive.

Suddenly, Lisa heard a rush of footsteps behind her. Before she could whip around and see, a hand was clapped firmly over her mouth.

Chapter 27 – Aquatics.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Wow...nice chapter...hmm...something happened to that special ball...but what...oh well.

Lisa gets the buggy huh? In exchange for Vulpix, hmm...not bad...except for the fact that she doesn't get to use the buggy that much. Why does TR want her dead...

Anyway, I probably find out in the next few chapters or something...

Your leaving?!? Oh well...everyone will at somepoint...

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Pokemasterfrank: Yeah, it wasn't too bad though it was my longest chapter yet ... something like 5 600 words which is a LOT but ah well still a good chapter? Excellent. Yes, the Sacred Ball ihas had some sort of alteration done to it, in a sense. You'll find out more as the book progresses ... it's only about two thirds of the way through the book! (the entire fic is one book!).

Yeah, Lisa gets given the buggy again, much to the annoyance of Oz Andrew (well, he was annoyed the first time around, weren't you Oz?) Yeah, Kris already had Vulpix so I let her keep her. And TR's motives will be revealed gradually throughout the rest of the book. The climax is building up not TOO far away.

Yeah, I'll leave, but it's a while away, so let's enjoy it while it lasts.

By the way, for everybody who wants to know, I have completely written the next chapter, which, incidentally, is where we left off in June! But things have changed, since this has been edited ... Also I have not really done much on Chapter 28 yet, but Chapter 29, 30 and 31 are fully completed!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Since when did Lisa get the Crystal bells and when did Gavin get the Sacred ball? Imitating Mist are we by using a preview of the next episode, are we?? Well, keep up the work, Gavin.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Geez, you really need to pay more attention to the things you're reading.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

TM: Hi! Yes, but Mist said she didn't mind at all if I used the previews. Copying is the highest form of flattery (supposedly). Anyhow, I wouldn't have been surprised if you had forgotten about the Crystal bells, as they haven't been very major (see the end of chapter 18 to find out when Lisa got them). But the Sacred Ball has been around for as long as the bells and much more prominent. Half of chapter 19 was about it!

Karania: Yeah. Lol, thanks for that. Did you read the new chapter, though? What did you think of it?

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Yea I read it. I really liked it. I can hardly wait for the next chapter.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Banned

You know when you are caught up in a story or a fanfic in this case, you tend to miss things.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

true, but it gets annoying sometimes when some people don't know the crucial details or some minor details as well.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: I can hardly wait either! I'm itching to write more, the climax is getting closer now, the next couple of chapters will be a bit of a lull, so to speak, but chapters 29, 30, and 31 begin to get interesting. And from thereon, thing begin to happen!

TM: I suppose. Oh well, doesn't matter, I don't mind at all if you forget stuff!

Karania2: Hi again! You two seem to be my only readers for this chapter. Never mind. I'll get some more replies soon I'm sure.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Post next chapter soon!

Hi! I knew how Gavin got the sacred ball but Lisa getting the crystal bells? I guess that I'll have to go back to chappy 18 now. Anyway, nice chapter. I loved it when Aipom was fighting Jean for Tom's privacy.Keep up the good work!

Banned

*grin*
    missed me?

I just finished it lol (actually yesterday nite )

anyway I opened about 8 windows and read 'em all in one night

phew, I must say, your writing has improved tremendously since your... whats that fic again? ()

faster! faster! faster!

me want more!!

now look what you've done... you've gotten me addicted again...
    *waggles finger*

Hi! I got around to reading everything. Is the Sacred Ball going to ever contain anything?

It sounds like Lisa is going to get attacked again. She needs to watch her back. That first time was a close call. Hopefully Gavin can save her next time. That was a good chapter. Nice and long.

This is Finals week at my college. Hopefully I will be able to read the next chapter.

or

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: it will be, coming right up!

100fangcroconaw: Yeah, well I spose Lisa getting the crystal bells was a wee bit obscure, considering they weren't given much attention. The Sacred Balll has been the focus of a chapter and has been seen in many others. Glad you liked the chapter!

Dragon King: I'm going to call you by your old name because it's better OK? Good. Yes, I have missed having one of my very first readers. Glad you're finally back! You read it all in one night? How long did it take you? Fifteen seconds?

Yeah, I hate to sound egotistical but my writing is a LOT better than when i started ... oh, you mean Pokemon: Kohtu? Yeah lol ... it was VERY poor.

Yes! I count that as a great victory - I got you re addicted to Lisa the Legend.

Kirby: Hello! Yeah, you read it! Good chapter/s? Is the Sacred Ball ever going to contain anything ... that's a trick question. I think. I've confused myself now.

yeah, the preview gives you an idea of what will happen, and things aren't going too great. Lisa should be cautious ... but can Gavin save her this time?

Yes, the next chapter is very long too, as is chapter 28. After that, they return to around 3000 words. (Thank God!!)

Good luck with everything at college!

Cheers mate!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Exactly how soon is soon?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Karania: Soon as in, I'm-editing-it-now-so-I-can-post-it-in-a-minute-soon.

---------------------------------

Chapter 27 - Aquatics.

Lisa and Gavin sat in the Solar-Powered Buggy, feeling the cool sea-breeze ever-closer, feeling their stomachs rumbling, and feeling sweat pouring in rivers from their necks, armpits, and anywhere else. Lisa’s hands were slipping off the vibrating steering wheel, and Gavin’s unbroken arm was stretched above him, holding his undersize but still quite large Staryu atop his head, his other arm placed firmly upon his lap. The starfish-like marine creature was bubbling foamy water onto Gavin’s bare chest. Aipom seemed the only one unaffected by the tropical heat, as he swung freely in the breeze, tail clinging to the rail as his body whooshed behind. The buggy rose over a steady crest, and began to slow considerably. Neither Lisa, nor Gavin, nor the immature Aipom spoke a word – they had caved in to the heat hours ago, unable to concentrate on conversation.

Finally, Lisa spoke. “ D’you think this’ll finally help us work out WHY Suicune keeps following us, Gavin?” she asked, sweat pouring down her face and her hands sticking to the wheel.

He grunted slightly. “ I hope so. Weird things have been going on lately. I’d like to know why.”

The buggy was failing now, as it puffed slowly up the hill in desperation. Its weak engine purred loudly, drowning out the sounds of the static radio. As the speed reduced to barely a Aipom’s walking pace, Gavin moaned, his dry throat making his voice crack slightly. He leapt from the car, and pushed the buggy’s rear end for the fifth time on their long northbound journey to the Peninsula where a large library was located. His arm barely worked, and his right arm was surprisingly useful, for although he couldn’t push with it, he leant on it and the plaster prevented it hurting from pressure against the car. Gavin sighed again, he had long ago worked out why Kris had so willingly left them with the buggy – as had Lisa. He groaned loudly with exhaustion as the buggy emitted a loud roar, and with a squeaking sound absorbed more sunlight on its solar cells. With one final spur of determination, Gavin leaned heavily against the back of the buggy, and it reached the crest of the hill.

Both Lisa and Gavin breathed in awe as the view beyond the hill appeared. The dirt road widened, and became a sealed, kerbed road. The dry scrub before the hill was not here, instead there were plentiful green trees, even fields full of flowers in the distance. Only a few kilometres away, there was a tiny town, which Lisa supposed must be the peninsula town, because right beside it, near lighthouse-looking building, which was distinguishable even at this distance, lay the sparkling cornflower ocean.

Aipom swung wildly on the black metal pole which was situated on the rear end of the buggy, and thwacked Lisa’s head, as Gavin clambered back into the front passenger’s seat, picking up the awkward Staryu from the otherwise empty seat. Before he could click his seatbelt back on, Lisa gave a sudden hoarse cry, and the buggy began to move.

As Aipom had slammed into Lisa’s head, she had jolted in pain and released her foot from the brake. The buggy began to roll down the hill, and Gavin’s eyes bulged in fear as the buggy picked up speed. Lisa squealed as Aipom hung in the breeze, his ear blowing as wildly as Gavin’s hair. But the havoc had only begun to ensue.

Staryu was only connected to the speeding party by one of Gavin’s hands, and as the vehicle sped up it panicked. And, in an Issechu fashion, it began sweating in trepidation. And Gavin’s palm began to become moist and clammy. And then the moisture pooled, and the hands began to slip. Even then, while Lisa recovered herself from her shock, the situation might still have been saved. But as Lisa’s foot closed in on the brake, the buggy rolled over a bump in the road, and her foot jumped –

- onto the accelerator.

The buggy roared instantly along the path; Lisa screamed, Gavin cried out, Aipom squealed, and Staryu sweated more. Gavin’s hand slipped off again, and then Staryu let go, and spun into a vertical position, then began rolling, spiralling down the hill. Gavin yelled out, and reached to grab Staryu as the buggy sped up to catch it, but suddenly Lisa’s foot, which had beet constantly groping for the brake, discovered it’s lost home, and slammed down, causing the buggy to come to an instant halt. The effect was instant upon everybody – Staryu rolled out of sight, Lisa sighed in relief, Aipom swung in a full circle and Gavin’s body was jolted into midair, out of the buggy. His unused seatbelt flapped in the wind, as his body and Staryu’s reeled into the distance.

Lisa cringed, but her shock and instant apprehension lasted only moments. She yanked the handbrake, set the buggy into park, as it groaned away, and raced after Gavin and the speeding Staryu, uneasy for their safety.

Much later, Lisa and Gavin travelled wearily along the seaside path. Gavin sighed as his arm felt ready to snap off, and Lisa clicked her tongue loudly, as they shot over a bump in the path and her pokegear jolted off and landed on the buggy’s floor.

Lisa had been surprised that the buggy had lasted as long as it did. Given, its solar panels were beyond repair and they now used Elekid’s plug to power the vehicle, but the engine was still making it. Aipom bounced hyperactively on Lisa’s head while Gavin took the steering wheel with his good left arm. Lisa ducked down to find her necklace, while keeping a firm foot on the accelerator. The buggy sped up, and suddenly there was a whooshing sound as another car went past. Gavin waved, and the buggy shook wildly.

It was a second before Lisa took control, but they veered off to the left and down a narrow beach track. Lisa took the steering wheel as they approached the beach rapidly.

“ See them?” Gavin asked as the buggy wobbled over a few sandy bumps. “ The people we drove past?”

Lisa grunted as she veered the buggy over a couple of broken branches straddled across the road. “ No, but I bet they saw my arse.”

Gavin laughed. “ There were a couple of guys – one was this punky guy – and a girl who looked really posh. They had a heap of pokemon, an Electabuzz and a Dragonair, and a –”

“ Weird,” noted Lisa. “ I have the two unevolved forms of them.”

The buggy jolted over the final bump in the boggy track and settled down with a groaning sound on the soft beach sand. Lisa had been trying to get it onto a flatter track so it could be parked, but now it seemed completely out of life. It gave an enormous splutter, and Lisa, Gavin and Aipom quickly abandoned the vehicle; Lisa stepped out quickly and carefully, Gavin tripping over his feet as he leapt out, and Aipom headfirst.

They all lay on the soft beach sand as the buggy gave another shudder. It vibrated heavily, and suddenly there was an explosion, as poor Elekid jumped off, reacting slowly. Finally, Kris’ old buggy broke. The floor suddenly slipped out and landed on the sand, the seats both dropping down a foot or so. The pole swung and clunked onto the boot which clattered and dented easily. The solar panels snapped in half, almost cleanly, and the steering wheel popped out of its socket.

Lisa looked on in suppressed shock. “ Whoa … good thing we got out when we did …”

“ I knew that wasn’t a first-rate prize,” remarked Gavin, referring to the Electric Pokemon Event back at Moo Moo Farm. Lisa nodded, recalling her seemingly useless (apart from powering the buggy) Magneton.

They sat in silence for a minute, Elekid rubbing it’s plug, Aipom crawling into a nearby bush to investigate a bug, Lisa sitting quietly, thinking about Suicune and the library which contained a legendary-pokemon book. Gavin sat perfectly still, thinking about food.

Finally, as the lengthy silence began to buzz in Lisa’s ears, Gavin spoke. “ Oy, what are we gonna do now?”

“ We’re stuffed,” said Lisa, standing up and trying to look in control.

“ I reckon. We have no idea where we are, and we don’t have any way to get there even if we did know the way. Good one, Lisa, it’s all your fault.”

Lisa glared at him, ready to launch into a vehement speech about Gavin’s idiocy, when the taunting thought of the Suicune Book averted her attention. She became more practical and calm minded. “ Firstly, we can try looking around us. If we saw those people in their car then the town can’t be too far in.”

“ It could be,” Gavin pointed out, but nonetheless had turned to look to their west, in search of the town. Lisa suddenly noticed their surroundings for the first time. The beach was quite narrow, only about twenty metres from the cool water lapping the muddy shore to the barrier of saltbush which declared their territory with small spikes interspersed with leaves. Lisa mimicked Gavin, and looked in the direction of the town. However, all they could see was shoreline.

Aipom and Elekid were both bouncing around with small squeaks and twitters, pointing wildly to the east. Lisa and Gavin both turned, and saw, with shining, relieved eyes, beyond the buggy’s wreckage, in the distance on a peninsula, the resort.

Both friends breathed out relief in unison, but their relief soon metamorphed into annoyance. How were they meant to reach the town-resort? It looked galaxies away. Lisa sighed. Setting her mouth into a determined line, she spoke. “ We’ll have to walk.” Lisa declared bravely.

Two minutes later, Lisa and Gavin lay sprawled on the sand, a hundred metres from the buggy’s wreckage, feeling exhausted, unfit and overweight. The truth was they were only unfit – having had used the buggy for a long time had dimmed their walking skills. Gavin was staring up, mesmerised, at the periwinkle blue sky. Lisa had her eyes closed, softly humming a song she had heard on the buggy’s radio.

Aipom snorted with disgust at the two of them, and Elekid frowned. He had seriously considered shocking them, but decided he was too mature and well-trained to even think of such a thing. So he nudged Lisa’s arm casually. Lisa stirred, and saw Elekid with a lazy stare. “ What is it?” she asked wearily.

Elekid pointed excitedly over his shoulder, and there was Aipom, staring over a hole in the beach sand. Sand and dirt were flying up from inside the tiny hole, and as Lisa sat up in curiosity, so did Gavin. They both peered into the hole as more dirt flew out, landing with a clump on Elekid’s head and toppling him like the Radio Tower to the ground.

Abruptly, a large rock flew out of the ground and slammed into Elekid, who was getting up. He wheezed, and toppled back into the sand.

Lisa, Gavin and Aipom were all too curious about the creature in the tiny pit to care much. Gavin reached for a pokeball, then groaned in annoyance as he realised he had no spares. Then a sudden thought came to him, and he reached down into his pack, which he had previously deposited on the fine sand, and fished out the Sacred Ball … no use in wasting it, he thought …

He picked up the turquoise-gold sphere and enlarged it. Cautiously, so as not to be attacked by a chunk of soil (he was apprehensive after Elekid’s knockout), he crawled over to the hole while Aipom watched from afar and Lisa watched with bated breath. As Gavin approached the hole where more dirt was flying, she stole a glance at its contents, just in time. As Gavin threw the Sacred Ball, she flung out her arm. The ball slapped into it, and rolled away to Aipom, who stared curiously at it.

Gavin flared up at once. “ Oy, Lisa, what the hell do you think you’re doing?! I nearly caught it, you idiot! Why’d you stop me!?”

Lisa clicked her tongue smugly. “ I just saved you from a life of shame and embarrassment.”

Gavin stared wonderingly at her. “ What?”

“ Imagine if you had used a once-in-a-lifetime special pokeball which was specially made and crafted from the energy tears of a mystical Suicune to catch a –” she plunged her hand into the hole, found what she was looking for, and held it up.

“ A Magikarp!” cried Gavin, stunned.

“ Not just any Magikarp …” Lisa replied. “ It was the EVIL MAGIKARP OF DOOM!”

Gavin grinned his stupid-faced grin. Lisa brandished the flailing, pathetic Magikarp in her hand, waving it around as though it was a non-living object. The tiny thing was all scales and bones, and looked very dry. Gavin morphed his face into a serious-looking line. Lisa noted how handsome he seemed in her eyes. She was glad nobody else could see what she could.

“ Now say thanks to Nurse Lisa.”

“ Thank you very much Nurse Lisa.”

“ And …”

“ And I’m sorry that I acted arrogantly.”

“ And you are a spasticated loser.”

“ And I am a spasticated loser.”

They continued along the beach, the resort on the peninsula drawing nearer. They had rounded a wide bend and the buggy was out of sight. Gavin had, with great difficulty, ripped off the number plate and allowed Elekid to mutilate it to a melted blob before throwing it into the ocean. They decided the Officers wouldn’t be able to trace the buggy if it was found.

The resort was ever closer now and Lisa and Gavin had re-adapted to the walking lifestyle, and were now keeping up well with the energy-filled Aipom and Elekid, both of whom seemed to get along quite well. Slightly tired, but glad to be walking with a sea breeze cooling them, for a change of the inland areas. Lisa felt slightly reminded of the surfing days they had had back before the Whirlpool Cup, and voiced her feelings by releasing Dratini and Fiskmire to swim in the shallows. Gavin agreed with this, and actually sent out all his pokemon. Lanturn and Staryu leapt into the water. Girafarig trotted alongside Gavin, and Natu hovered happily. Ditto sat in a blob on Girafarig’s back. Now that they had all their pokemon out, Lisa and Gavin felt competitive, and decided to have a full-on race – in the water. Just as they had waded out into the shallows, and were clambering upon Fiskmire and the Green Lanturn’s back, Gavin had an idea.

“ Why don’t we race by our own means, Lisa?” he grinned.

“ What’s that?” Lisa muttered, curiously.

Gavin smiled. “ We’ll swim alongside our pokemon and see who is the best. It’ll be fun! Besides, we came to this place to have fun anyway!”

“ Actually,” said Lisa. “ We came to find my book on the legendary pokemon so I can do some more research.” She paused suddenly, seeing Gavin put on an expression of patheticness, his deep watery puppy eyes and a drooping lip. “ But what the hell.”

“ OK then,” Gavin said. “ Everyone, on the count of three then, we all race to the peninsula and the resort town as fast as we can, OK?”

Lisa tensed her legs under the clear blue-tinged water, and tried to remember how to swim, and recall all her lessons at the Ecru Lake, and also all the times she had swum back at her home pool.

“ Ready? 1 … 2 … 3! GO!”

---------------

1992, January.

“ Mummy, look! Tom can go down all the way to the bottom!” Lisa called, floral floaties placed high on her chubby three-year-old arms.

“ Mum, watch me!” Tom yelled, his skinny little frame somersaulting over into the water and disappearing for a moment with a small splash. Beneath the clear water, Tom drifted right down to the bottom. Lisa watched on in awe.

“ Mum, are you watching?”

Tom exploded back through the surface at that moment, looking very proud. “ See Mum, I did it!”

Their father, young and strong, waded over to Lisa and Tom, at the very shallow end of the pool – only about 80 centimetres deep. Tom was swimming a bit deeper than Lisa, to the 1-metre section. “ Tom and Lisa, I know you want to show Mum how clever you are, but maybe another day, alright?”

“ Aww, why??” moaned Tom.

“ Well, the baby in Mum’s tummy is nearly ready to come out. It’s very big and Mum could have the baby soon. She needs to get lots of rest before she has the baby.”

“ Will it be a girl??” asked Lisa inquisitively, as all three-year-olds did. She looked up through the pool fence to where her mother sat under the veranda, reading a book and nursing Wesley.

“ Maybe.”

Lisa’s young mind soon forgot about the baby of course, and she grinned. “ Daddy, watch me!”

But her Dad had just spotted that the pool gate had been left open – and if Wesley happened to get away from his Mum, she would be unable to chase him in her pregnant state.

“ Daddy!”

“ Hang on, Lisa. I’ll watch you in a minute.”

“ No! Not in a minute! Now!” cried Lisa, ‘spitting the dummy’. She slapped her arms down in childish anger, and, quite unexpectedly, her flowery floaties slipped off in one fluid motion, and Lisa plopped directly into the water.

She screamed, but bubbles shot out and she suddenly felt sick. Her tummy and chest were hurting, and she couldn’t see, her head was hurting, all the water was bubbling around her, she was dizzy … dizzy …

Just when Lisa’s mind was panicking and on the verge of shutting down, there was a flash of blue, and something shimmered past her. A soft blue glow enveloped her, and her golden brown eyes opened. Before was a mysterious cobalt creature – Lisa thought it looked like a very nice puppy. Further in the pool, behind it, she could see some other blurred shapes, but she couldn’t make them out.

Somehow, Lisa’s body was suddenly propelled out of the water and to the surface, directly into Tom’s little arms. Dad had just dived into the pool to rescue her, and now he was resurfacing, and grabbing her, hauling her out of the pool.

“ Lisa, are you alright?! Lisa!?”

---------------

Lisa was losing the swimming race horribly. An odd dream she had had as a child was coming back to her as she swam alongside Fiskmire, the second slowest of them all. The memory haunted her, but as she tried to grab a hold of it, it slipped away. Unable to go any further, Gavin turned, gripping Lanturn’s slippery antennae with his good hand, while Lisa balanced on Fiskmire and also turned. Standing near Girafarig, Aipom, Elekid, Ditto and Natu was a tall girl of about their age. She wore a short skirt, and very summery clothes. Beside her stood a Politoed, which was grinning and rapidly conversing with the hovering Natu.

“ What is it?” Gavin called to the girl, who had mid-back length brown hair, and even from the twenty-metre distance Gavin could see she had a pretty face and bright emerald eyes.

“ Would you like to battle?” she called out, loudly and lucidly to the awaiting Lisa and Gavin. Lanturn seemed impatient to get going, and Fiskmire was becoming restless, but both of them brightened at the sound of a battle, for even if they weren’t to be used a fight was excitement.

Within seconds Lisa and Gavin were back on land, their shoes off and their feet muddy. The water dwellers looked on in anticipation, while Lisa spoke.

“ I’ll be glad to battle you,” she said quickly, gesturing to Aipom and Elekid. “ These two are mine, plus Dratini and Fiskmire.”

“ Me too,” Gavin pointed to his three land-dwellers, and the others.

The girl grinned, although her smile quavered slightly when she took in the large, floating lump that was the spiky-backed, evolved Quagsire. “ How’s a one on one sound?” Both Lisa and Gavin nodded. “ By the way, my name’s Angela.”

“ Lisa.”

“ Gavin.”

“ So, let’s battle then.” Angela suggested, pointing at the water nearby, glowing in the sun. “ We’ll fight in the water if you’d like.”

“ OK.” Lisa and Gavin said in unison.

“ Then go!” Angela pulled out a Lure Ball from her belt, and threw it as far as she could towards the shallow water. It spiralled through the air and plopped into the sea near Dratini. With a graceful light, a bright cobalt creature jumped out joyfully from the Lure Ball and landed with a plop into the water. Dratini looked curious, and the other marine creatures floated over at the newcomer. It had a mainly blue body, with a white front, shiny black eyes and a buoyant tail.

Lisa and Gavin ran to the waterside, and began wading towards their pokemon and the Azumarill. Then a problem cropped up – Angela mentioned it first. “ So which of you am I actually battling?”

“ ME.”

“ ME.”

Lisa and Gavin’s eyes locked in confusion and annoyance. “ What?” they both said.

Angela giggled, and her Politoed chuckled next to the Natu.

“ I should, of course,” Lisa said, regaining her sanity. “ After all, I am a better trainer than you. You don’t have any badges, and I have two. The Fog Badge and the Coral Reef Badge -” Lisa fished out the two badges, which she had always kept with her – “ one from Morty, and one from Irene.”

“ Well you shouldn’t have lost in the Whirlpool Cup then, should you?” Gavin retorted. “ I came second at least, your Quagsire and Dratini didn’t stand a chance.”

“ Well of course you won, you had more experience back then!” Lisa cried, as Angela stood back in disgust.

“ If you two are gonna fight between each other, I don’t really mind,” she muttered, quite taken aback by their abrupt argument. “ I just wanted a battle, and if you guys are going to argue so much about it then I don’t think I’ll bother.”

Lisa blinked. “ Well … alright, Gavin, you fight. After all, you haven’t had a battle since November, and you probably need the practice.”

Five minutes later, Gavin and Angela both stood knee-deep in the water, cooling down from the heat, facing each other. Azumarill and Staryu were ready to go, and Lisa had perched herself in the shade of a particularly high bush, where she was munching on some chips she had located in her backpack. Angela’s Azumarill shrilly whistled, and the match began!

“ Azumarill, Bubblebeam attack!”
    “ Psybeam Staryu!”

The orders’ effects were instant. Azumarill’s eyes sparkled a dangerous-looking ultramarine as it breathed in deeply to fill up its hydrogen chamber. Staryu’s ruby red centre reflected the glow, which swelled up suddenly in Azumarill, who held her small hands to her mouth as she exhaled heavily, releasing a stringy cloud of opaque azure bubbles in Staryu’s direction. The star didn’t move, and with a short, confident “ Ayaah!” bowed it’s uppermost point and took the brunt of the attack as countless bubbles deluged from Azumarill’s mouth in a powerful torrent. They pelted relentlessly into Staryu, who seemed only minimally affected by the sting.

After a minute Azumarill was out of breath and, luckily, winded. Staryu stood up and floated tall in the water, rising just higher than the coughing Azumarill’s head. It’s gem reflected shafts of sunlight at Azumarill, and it closed its eyes to prevent hurting them. Then Staryu made its move.

Lightning fast, Staryu’s jewel glowed lilac instead of its usual ruby, and a mist inside it began to swirl as though obscuring something within. After a moment, the gem seemed to fill with the swilling lavender mist, and began to bulge into a bulbous hemisphere. As Azumarill recovered from it’s eye damage and looked up, Staryu’s thick gem wall split, and a thin jet of psychic power issued out in a straight, buzzing line, and made contact with Azumarill, knocking it back down into the sparkling clear water with a splash and stirring the clear, foamy, silvery sands.

Nearby, Dratini, Politoed, Fiskmire and Lanturn drifted around, dodging a stray shaft of Psybeam and grinning for their teammate. Lisa and the land pokemon watched interestedly, while Gavin rejoiced internally, although he stayed quiet outside because he didn’t want to appear over exultant or arrogant. He merely nodded proudly, thanking himself that he had caught Staryu back in October, he was so glad to have a powerful fighter on his team.

Angela wasn’t looking very pleased with her aqua rabbit’s performance, and she voiced it. “ Azumarill, c’mon, get back up! It’s not like you have another pokemon to take your place after this, it’s a One On One battle, so c’mon, keep trying. You have to fight, and win this for me!”

Azumarill slowly resurfaced and bubbled back to a standing position. Soon, she had recovered from the Psybeam, and was readily facing off against her adversary, the powerful Staryu.

Taking control again, and careful not to ruffle her beauty, Angela grinned again. “ Azumarill – use Rollout.”

Gavin was prepared for something like this to happen. Quickly, he went into action. “ Reflect.”

Azumarill curled up into a blue and white ball, but before she could begin rolling through the water’s surface and slam into Staryu five times, relentlessly, the Psychic Star broke in, and with another loud cry its jewel shimmered, and this time instead of filling with a purple mist of power, it produced a shimmering orb of transparent protection encasing it. Safely held within its Reflect defence technique, Staryu relaxed slightly, and waiting for the time to make its move.

Azumarill rolled then, oblivious to the defence that had just been carefully set up. It approached Staryu as a rolling ball which skimmed the water’s surface, leaving a furrowing dent momentarily in its wake. Just before the rabbit could slam powerfully into Staryu’s body, the reflect kicked in. Azumarill slammed into the glass-like barrier, and reeled backwards. She dropped into the water and for a moment only her tail could be seen, before the buoyancy effect took hold and the aqua rabbit sprang back up to the surface.

Staryu and Gavin both grunted exultantly, and this process repeated itself two more times as Azumarill attempted ramming the reflecting ‘membrane’ with steadily damage-increasing Rollouts. Lisa watched along with the others on land, enthralled. Gavin’s exultant mood strengthened as Angela’s face purpled slightly.

Finally, on the fourth Rollout attack, Azumarill hit the Reflecting protection especially hard, and the wall shattered leaving fine shards of dust scattered, floating on the choppy water’s surface. Gavin was only slightly affected – there was only one hit left in the Rollout, and although it was certain to hit, it was only once.

Angela knew this too, but she also was confident. The Rollout had built up considerable steam now, and she knew that the fifth strike would be the heaviest blow to the Staryu’s system. For what appeared to be the final attack of the match, Azumarill wound up, curled up, and rolled swiftly at the slow-moving star, leaving a churning passage in its wake. The Fifth Rollout was well-aimed, and Staryu was knocked for the battle’s first time into the sea.

It appeared Gavin had lost, but Staryu mustered strength and pulled himself back up. It had been a heavy blow, but Azumarill had already been Psybeamed heavily and the damage count was almost equalised. Gavin knew he had to act quickly or he would lose his first fight in weeks.

“ Staryu, Thunderbeam!”

Before Angela’s ruby red lips had opened and barked out an order, Staryu had begun twirling furiously, spinning so rapidly that it soon became a buff-blur in the midst of sparkling celeste seas and clear periwinkle skies. Lisa sat up, intently, and Elekid watched eagerly as the spinning Staryu converted kinetic energy into electric – Elekid himself might pick up some pointers from it!

“ Aurora Beam!” cried Angela hastily, obviously having saved the icy attack for last. Azumarill’s palms joined and a tiny azure orb began to form within them, but it was obvious the attack was too late now. Staryu had spun so fast water was beginning to churn upwards around it in a waterspout wannabe. Suddenly, the water collecting on Staryu made a cracking sound, and disappeared into a medley of fine gases. Staryu’s limbs crackled and sparked, and when Gavin yelled out “ NOW!” Staryu’s limbs all glowed electric yellow for a second before pooling in the jewel, which strangely seemed to be at the centre of all Staryu’s best attacks.

Gavin knew before the attack hit that he had defeated Angela.

“ Damn!” Lisa cried, leaning against the doors of the Ancient Library weakly, while the brilliant yellow sun slipped behind a cerise sky, casting shadows upon the tiny would-be-town. She slumped down and sat annoyedly on the concrete steps which led to the glass library doors.

“ What is it?” asked Gavin, as he came up the steps carrying both backpacks. Lisa had tired earlier, as they arrived at the resort-peninsula-village, and insisted Gavin wouldn’t be a gentleman if he didn’t carry her bag for her. Gavin pointed out he didn’t want to be a gentleman, but he was promptly loaded up like a dumb Ponyta with bags.

“ See for yourself,” moaned the Aipom-owning girl, as the purple monkey screeched happily on her shoulder.

Gavin’s brown eyes scanned the sign which was pasted on the inside of the door. “ NOW CLOSED; Opening hours 9am – 5pm Mon - Sat. Sunday – 10am – 4pm.” He grunted more annoyedly than Lisa. “ Bugger.” But his heart wasn’t truly in it, he was still elated over his victory over Angela earlier that day. He had bragged all afternoon to Lisa about it until he tired at around 4 o’clock.

“ Well, what should we do?” moaned Lisa hopelessly.

“ Come back tomorrow morning.” Gavin suggested wearily.

“ It’ll have to be at ten o’clock though,” said Lisa. “ Tomorrow’s Sunday.”

Exhausted, the two friends and hyperactive Aipom strode down the library steps, and emerged onto the deserted footpath. After walking around the town for a few minutes in search of a place to stay the night, they found a very new resort on the outskirts, near a beach.

They went inside. It was very neat and clean, not to mention spacious. Lisa strode up to the receptionist.

" We'd like a room for two please," she said, without preamble.

The receptionist blinked. " Um ... alright ... would you like a beach-view or mountain-view apartment?"

" Mountain," said Lisa and Gavin in unison, itching to find a place to stay.

After the receptionist had tapped on the keyboard a few times, she smiled to them. " Our nightly rates are $90 per person."

" Bull!" Burst out Gavin accidentally.

Lisa suppressed a smile. " Sorry, we can't afford that ... um ... thanks anyway."

The two friends walked out of the foyer, Gavin looking angry that a hotel could be so expensive. But Lisa explained to him that it WAS the Christmas season, so rates were bound to be higher.

As they left the foyer, they walked past the same three people they had driven past in the buggy earlier that day. Gavin nodded his head to the punkish guy, and Lisa smiled at the girl who turned her nose up at her.

Stepping out onto the footpath, they began the journey to the outskirts of the village, where they could make camp for the night somewhere nice.

At midnight, Lisa sat up in her sleeping bag, watching the moonlit shadows flicker through the flimsy tent walls. The waves only metres away now lapped hungrily at the beach, near their shared tent. Lisa and Gavin had discovered a tiny cove only a couple of kilometres out of town, and they set up camp there, on a slight rise where some soft cushiony grass grew plentifully, before the infertile beach sand took over. They had a nice view of the ocean and a nearby, deserted island, which had a now abandoned observatory upon it.

Gavin’s heavy breathing broke into Lisa’s readings of Houen, Johto, Kanto; a Chronology + history which she had bought at a tourist store in the village. It turned out they had left behind the province of Johto as they travelled through a mountain range north of Ecruteak, and were now in Houen, a new province.

Lisa heard sudden steps outside, although they were almost muted by the soft grass and the rolling waves slapping against the shore. Could it be Aipom back from his fossicking in the saltbushes, prickly though they were?

The footsteps came again, and Lisa thought she heard a voice accompany them. She nudged the sleeping Gavin next to her, but he grunted and turned over sighing. Nervous now, she pulled her bandana on, and slipped on a baggy T-shirt of Gavin’s, the nearest item of clothing she could find, over her crop top. She stood up, grabbed her pokemon belt, and stepped outside cautiously, while attaching the belt to her waist.

The outside of the tent was noisy and quite cool. She shivered, although more with nervousness, hoping to find Aipom or at any rate another pokemon. But there was nothing.

Suddenly, Lisa heard a rush of footsteps behind her. Before she could whip around and see, a hand was clapped firmly over her mouth. She, in a flash, recalled her self-defence lessons from school, and went for the attacker’s instep with her shoe. But the capturer seemed prepared and dodged.

Lisa suddenly winced with slight pain as something cold and sharp was jabbed into her arm. The attacker’s hand immediately moved, and Lisa went to scream, but suddenly her voice seemed to dissolve, her fighting arms and flailing legs became limp, and her world clouded over. Her body dropped to the ground at once, and the attacker grinned to herself, and began dragging her victim away.

Inside the tent, Gavin slept ignorantly. But inside the prickly saltbushes, with spikes poking into it, a loyal creature and friend watched with trepidation …

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up on Lisa the Legend

Strange things are in the air, and Lisa’s latest disappearance won’t go unnoticed for long.

Gavin was stunned as his hand landed on an empty bed and deserted pillow. He sat up, and looked around the cramped, low-roofed tent. Lisa’s sleeping bag, beside his, was empty.

And what connection does Gavin’s new friend Andrew have to do with Lisa’s kidnapping?

“ Hi, I’m Andrew,” the guy said, his forehead sweaty and creased with concern. A faint smile darted elusively around his mouth as he spoke. “ Why are you here? The usual – Murder, Arson or Drugs?”

Gavin almost laughed, but the result was a bitter, half-hearted chuckle. He chose his words carefully, realising that Andrew’s appearance didn’t really match his personality, either. He seemed very normal, and looked like he could be funny. “ Hi I’m Gavin, and I’m here for fraud.”

Luckily, this time, Lisa’s not alone.

“ It seems we’ve been kidnapped, obviously,” Lisa said quickly to Jessica, plans formulating in her head.

Chapter 28 – EBTV Crossover - Part 1: Kidnap!
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Interesting. Gavin wins a battle and they finaly arrive town to find the Library closed. The attacker is a she! Is this a town filled with run away criminals?

“ Hi, I’m Andrew,” the guy said, his forehead sweaty and creased with concern. A faint smile darted elusively around his mouth as he spoke. “ Why are you here? The usual – Murder, Arson or Drugs?”
    ...........or does Gavin go to Jail? Either way, there is going to be trouble.

I liked the part when Suicune saved Lisa from drowning. He must have known then that she would have some importance in the future.

or

Banned

Good chapter, Gavin. The buggy is useless. It was funny to see Lisa and Gavin fight over who should battle. Aipom slapping Lisa was funny too. Keep up the good work.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey Gavin! i read the EBTV part, and thought i should see this part, too. I love it, really i do! I liked the battle with Angela, it was great to see Gavin's Staryu beat an evolved (and now a 3rd stage) Pokemon!

The description is excellent; the words, conjunctions and such give me inspiration to compel my own story! it's really very unique. I also liked how Lisa and Gavin had such difficulty coping by walking on the land; just goes to show that Lisa wasn't as healthy and fit as she was in the 3rd Pkmn movie

Keep it up! i love the spoilers for the next chapter; Jess and Lisa working together? count me in

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hi! Another great chapter, and things are starting to get interesting. I loved that battle, it's been sometime since one. I think. Lisa thinking Gavin's handsoem? Now that one was expected sooner or later. Predictability...
    Lisa’s hands were slipping off the vibrating steering wheel
    Next paragraph:
    she asked, sweat pouring down her face and her hands sticking to the wheel.
    What the?

Keep it up, it's great!
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

great story gavin! I wouldnt mind if u put a cross over to my story

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

I noticed a wistake:
    "recalling her seemingly useless (apart from powering the buggy) Magneton."

she got rid of that a chapter or two ago!

crossover chap! and more coming!

i noticed a couple other mistakes, still minor ones only a dediacted fan would notice

when Azumarril used Bubblebeam, you said a bunch of little stars hit Strayu, not bubbles. and when Lisa was reading the booklet, you said the book was about Jhoto, kanto amd some new place (Hanto?), then said they entered Houen.

anywho, those don't matter and the chap was great! i liked teh scene w/the Magikarp of Doom!
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ooh ooh ooh! Gavin Gavin! Yay! I loved the Buggy Crashing Scene again, lots of fun, and Staryu being like IcyBug ^^ Hee, and Lisa's comments ^^;

And the Evil Magikarp of Doom ^^ And the Spasticated Loser... lol excellent. But I think the shining light of this episode was the Floaties part! OMG BEST PART EVER! Can I say that was excellent, the emotions conveyed, the 3 year old attitude, the imagery, EXCELLENT I loved it, and then the mysterious thing saving her... EXCELLENT! Now DJ Aipom and Gavin's Psychic Hotline!

Plus Azumarril vs Staryu, ooh it got hammered from Staryu's wide range of devistating attacks! It got TAKEN DOWN! Booyah! But so did Lisa! At least she put up a little fight... poor thing...

Great work Gav, I LOVED The floaties part! Frikken awesome!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Lots of replies! Whoa!

Before I start, I urge everyone who read this chapter to read the latest chapter of Electric Buggy to Victory by Oz Andrew. This last chapter was like a semi-crossover between the two fics, and it'll be best, even if you don't read EBTV normally, to read this Semi-crossover, as it will provide some better knowledge for the crossover next chapter. This will be when the characters from both stories' lives intertwine. Very cool stuff.

Kirby: Yay, Gavin battled for a change. Ah well, they'll live. The library will be open soon - but will they both be there to get the book? And yes, the attacker is a she. Dum dum dum ... evil.

Well interpreted ... there will be trouble. But what else can you expect? And yep, Suicune saving Lisa was a new edit that I threw in at the last minute (to Oz Andrew's great delight). Yes, he did know something, even ten years ago.

TM: Thanks! The buggy is and always will be absolutely useless. Well, kinda! LOL. Lisa and Gavin's arguing, I liked that. And Aipom is just a pest, isn't he?

Shiny Marill: Hi! Yeah, that's a good idea to read both sides of the story as it gives you a better understanding of what's going on and how the two stories are going to link up. Yeah, Gavin's Staryu is cool!

Why thank you, I enjoy writing it as much as you like reading it. I think it's a very unique story too. Yeah, well Lisa and Gavin have been kinda just hanging around lately in Ecruteak or using the buggy, so they are unfit. Don't worry, a few more chapters will turn things around a bit I think. Well, kinda.

I'm keeping the spoilers, I like them now, and I only ever did them once in the old version of LTL.

Misty Sakura: Hi there! You liked it? Excellent. Things are going to begin developing a lot more now. Things are really drawing into the climax more, ever since about chapter 18.The battle was well overdue, and yes, Lisa and Gavin's - friendship - is going to develop more now. After all, they're only human!

LOL that mistake kinda slipped through! Thanks for pointing it out!

Metaknight89: Thanks but not thanks, one crossover is enough for now. Besides, it took months to prepare this one. Sorry.

MTR: LOL! That's not a mistake, you interpreted the word in the pokemonish way rather than the words actual meaning. Recalling as in REMEMBERING. Glad I could clear that up.

Yeah, crossover chapter next!

And yeah, those were mistakes, I'll edit them out after this post!

Oz Andrew: HI!! Yes, the buggy crashing was lots of fun as always. Yay go staryu. Lisa comments? Specify!

Yes, I liked writing in the Evil Magikarp of Doom and the Spasticated Loser part. Ah yes, here we go, someone's ranting and raving. Yes, I added in that part that you have been urging me to add in since practically day 1. I'm very glad it was as good as you think it is, of course the bit with Suicune had to be in there for it to be relevent. Your other requests ... I'll think about it.

Yeah well Azumarill lost because it was fat and ugly and pointless and Staryu isn't. Yeah, Lisa would've been a great Karateist. Hmmm ... ideas, ideas ...

Great work by you too, I'll reply tomorrow to yours, OK? Cheers Oz!!!Electric Buggy to Victory

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Gavin, I loved your Staryu getting some personality with the Buggy Crash! And Lisa's comments about them seeing her butt lol, so Aussie. And the Floaties Part was done above and beyond what I expected. Congrats.

But DJ Aipom of Gavin's Psychic Hotline would be cool ^^ Or maybe even Gavin competing in a "I can shoot stuff from my head" competition Or Elekid getting addicted to eating electricity.. lol .. bad ideas...

Oh well Azumarril is fat isn't it ^^; lol Staryu kicked butt though ^^ OMG I got post 199! Go me!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well well, post 200! Lisa the Legend's bicentennial post! Yay!

Well, even though we got to 350 at this stage last time, I'm not fazed as much as I used to be with postcount.

Oz: Yeah, I get what you mean about the comment now. Very Aussie, I agree. Lisa is Aussie I spose, as is Gavin ... I don't know how that works but they just ARE, ok?

LOL somehow I might be able to incorporate some of your ideas into the story at some point.

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

TOtally cool. Next chapter please!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

some great chapters her Gav; i spent all of today reading chapters, finding out all the essential stuff.

when is the 2nd part of the crossover out? *sings: I'm so excited*

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

wow... i just read this whole thing at once. it was that good. it started out kind of typical, but then got far far better. it's excellent excellent excellent. it's really a good fanfic... and i really want to know what happens next.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: The next chapter will be a few days coming, mainly due to the fact that I haven't written it yet.

Shiny Marill: Thanks. I'm glad you read some of the other stuff as it will help you understand the next chapter. The next part will be a few days, possibly up to a week.

Madelyn151: Hi! Thanks for stepping into the world of Lisa the Legend. I hope you continue to read in future. Yes, when I first wrote it I was a very beginner-ish kind of writer, so excuse the cliche in the first few chapters.

Everyone: I can't wait to post the next chapter. It will be the first new one since ... June, when TPM went down. It took from june til september to get back to chapter 15, but then TPM came back, so I started all over again. It's taken over 3 months to get back to where we left off, but I'm so glad to be back.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Okay I know what you mean. I still have a story I'm working on that I'm still not pleased with yet. I like the plot I've come up with, but I don't like the setting or storyline. Well back to the drawing board.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I do that with a lot of my chapters. I might write a bit, then not be happy with it so I delete a heap of it. It's just a matter of time until I get it just right.

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

okay, that sounds like something I do.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: LOL ... yes, it's a very frustrating job sometimes, isn't it, when you can't get it exactly right.

Sorry everyone for the delay, but the chapter is still in process of being written. It's a lot shorter than last chapter, and is about 2/3 completed.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend