Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Oz, you have fine taste. This kinda situation screams 24 , and now that series2 has finished this chapter was something I thoroughly enjoyed reading. It was so....good! Team Rocket are really hi-tech...did they invade Q's supplies from Bond? I think so! Lol. I'm never going near my electric toothbrush again, and i'm NEVER putting it in my mouth! It might shoot me!

Poor Marina...I loved her like a fan loves a character...She's great, as is Muddie, but...but NO! SHE CAN'T DIE! I didnt think she had, to be honest, but I'll reread it and see. *sniff*

IMO, Gavin teleported her away. What? Nah, it's not obvious! Maybe he has Xatu now! (although I hate them :- /...) or maybe Girafury did it....*giggles insanely* Maybe TR tried killing Lisa to Lenina would have less evidence against her? Hmm...

Great job, swell like a buzzball with pride!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Banned

Gavin,
    Yes. I have indeed made up some new Pokemon, completely new ones and evolutions of oldies. I haven't drawn them all yet but they're good! (I think)
    If you want me to PM you a short sample of my work let me know!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

great chapter a little confusing but still great. can't wait for the next chapeter and the crossover but take your time
    we can wait. question though did lisa get her pokemon when she left the house of rocket breakins?

I am the water king, if you want me look to the dark side of the water i'll be there

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for reading and replying. Just updating here to let you know that Oz and I have just begun work on the first of the Crossover 2 chapters. It's starting off great. Also, I've been planning ... well, you'll see ... uh ... yeah, anyway ...

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey everyone. We're at a bit of a standstill with the crossover at the moment, it's not going anywhere very fast, mostly my fault. I'm still hoping it will be up very soon, how soon, though, I cannot say...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

S'ok, I'm really excited about this! I would happily wait 2 months, probably even longer, just to read this! Anyway, this wait (although relatively short for me: exams are taking up my time
    -_-; has really shown me, and maybe other writers, why I'll NEVER do a crossover Rofl.

Keep it up!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

nice to know how things are going. Take as much time as you need. Let me see...... Come to think of it I need to get working on chapter 23 of Legends Of The Heart for another website. Maybe I'll post it sometime.....
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

It feels like an eon since the last chapter was posted, but I have some good news!

The first crossover chapter is completed! I finished it just then! It won't take long now before it's posted. All I have to do is one final spell check before I post, and Oz Andrew has to finish his side of the story, then it'll be up. Could take anything from a day or two to a week, but it's nearly there!!

I'll post it ASAP!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

awesome! THat's great news! Keep up the good work!
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey everyone!

This is just an update to let you all know that I haven't abandoned this story (as if I would). Chapter 43 - the crossover - will be up on Friday arvo. At last.

I haven't just been wasting time, though. I've been working on Chapter 44 (a second crossover chapter), chapter 45 and chapter 47, so after I finish the crossover the chapters should come a lot faster.

Just to keep your spirits up, here's a preview of the Crossover 1:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Time on Lisa the Legend

So, Lisa's house has been invaded and attacked, but she has escaped, only to be brought straight to the peninsula for Lenina's trial.

“Um … where am I exactly?” asked Lisa.

“In the Valeo Forest of course, south of the port,” Paula said, admiring a Pidgeotto feeding its young.

“Port Valeo?” Lisa choked, spraying muesli everywhere.

Of course, if Lisa has been called to the trial, she can't be the only one.

Lisa jerked her head up to see the people who had just walked in and gasped. “ Jessica!”

The two teenage girls both looked up. One familiar girl, with sleek blonde hair and bright eyes, grinned. “ Hi Lisa!” said Jessica Hall.

And just because Lisa's in a different place, doesn't mean her pokemon don't change still.

Lisa watched in fascination, as the small beast grew much taller, wider and musclier. It had been the very last thing she had expected, but it had happened - one of her pokemon had evolved.

Chapter 43 - Return to Port Valeo.

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Finally! Some news!
    It's been sooooooo long since we've seen any news!
    I hope that all this time you is be worth the effort!

See ya Gavin! Keep it up!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well I'm done! So Gavin, want to specify a time we can post together? I'll PM you a copy Ok cause I probby can post it now, or tommorrow arvo.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Excellent! I can't wait! Come online ASAP so we can read, edit, etc. etc ... It'll need to be tonight because school starts back tomorrow!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well I am glad that you two are comprimising all on these next few chapters, and giving the people the advantage to reread the stories, just dang it is taking a little long. Or it could just be that I am very bored, and have nothing to do but look up new posts. Any way thanks for the effort put into this cross over, and may the phrase, good things happen to those who wait, be true.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Banned

Wow! This is a really good story! I read it over the last two days(along with some others) and I must say that I love it. Hope for that cross-over chapter to be up soon. Looks to be good from the preview.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Thanks Powarun for the reply.

Twilight Lune: Thanks for reading! I hope you keep reading in future, in fact, here's your chance ...

Oz Andrew finally finished the crossover!!!! So, at last we can post. Without further ado, I present chapter 43, the second EBTV-LTL crossover!

Note: This chapter takes place immediately after Chapter 42.

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 43 – Return to Port Valeo.

A strong breeze threw Lisa’s hair back. It was night: a very clear, starry night, and it was quite the right temperature. She felt her body flying through the air, just beneath a couple of clouds. Beneath her, the lights of Ecruteak City glittered merrily. Lisa glanced down longingly at the pinpricks of light from the houses and apartment blocks. There were thousands of people down there who were having a nice, normal night at home, or with a couple of friends over visiting. Why couldn’t she be one of them? It seemed so cruel that everything had just been flipped upside down all of a sudden. One minute, Lisa had been singing and having a snack, the next, her home had been invaded, she had been attacked and shot at, and Marina … Marina had been blasted off her back by the jet of light from the stun gun. Her fate was anyone’s guess.

Lisa could not make sense of what was happening; one moment she had been cornered by Team Rocket, flames taking over her backyard; the next moment, she was being whisked away by some invisible force, rescued somehow and now was flying to some unknown destination.

The wind picked up suddenly and became much cooler. Lisa shivered, but tried not to think of the cold. There were so many more things to think about that were so much more important. Like what was going to happen to her now. Her home had been invaded by the people who seemed to have been tailing her for months. She was no longer safe there. Nor was she able to run to her parents for security: she did not know where they were anymore.

Just where was she going, anyway? Lisa felt lightheaded all of a sudden. How was she flying at such speeds through the night sky, and where to? Was she being teleported by someone, Gavin, perhaps? Lisa ruled that thought out immediately; teleportation had never taken such a long time, and besides, you could not see anything around you when teleporting.

Then what could be happening? The only time Lisa could remember being as confused as she was now was two months ago, when she had had a very odd experience indeed. It was a dream about Ho-oh, the phoenix, but the odd thing was not only the reality of the dream, but the fact that when it finished, she didn’t wake up, just sort of merged back into real life again. The flight she was going through now felt quite like the flight she had gone on in that dream, except there was no phoenix beneath her, only thin air.

Lisa relaxed slightly. After the events of the evening, she lacked the energy to question things too much.

The lights of Ecruteak gradually dispersed until Lisa could only see one or two scattered lights which were probably farmhouses. Then all light disappeared as she flew over the northern mountain ranges. Lisa began to relax after awhile, wondering if she would ever stop flying or just keep going forever. After a few minutes she began to feel a throbbing in her left leg, and when she turned, there was a deep gash in her leg that was bleeding slowly: a reminder of the hectic night before. Lisa clamped her hand over the cut, but there seemed to be nothing she could do to prevent the flow except to wait.

After a long time flying, Lisa’s relaxed state dissolved and she began to worry about everyone she knew, because her entire world seemed to be falling apart suddenly. Was Gavin alright? And Darius? What about Marina – had she been simply stunned by the light and captured by the Rockets, or had they set their guns to ‘kill’? Would the Rockets linger in the house long enough to capture Lisa’s Mum and Dad when they arrived home with Wes and Jean, or would Tom and Miki arrive first?

I’ll go to the police, thought Lisa, looking at the countryside whizzing past below her. I’ll tell them everything that happened tonight when I’m at the courthouse … OH! Something clicked in Lisa’s head. “Those Team Rocket people who attacked us … they must be in league with Lenina!” Lisa cried aloud. “Of course! She must have somehow communicated with them and told them to attack me to get rid of evidence … that’s IT!”

Lisa ran this theory through her head excitedly, wondering why it had not occurred to her much much sooner. Her red lips curved into a satisfied smile as she continued to hurtle through the air. Below her, but not too far below, a strong beam of light was cutting through the air from a tall building set alone; a lighthouse … she must be at the coast, which meant Port Valeo was coming nearer … Lisa flew past the lighthouse and over a dense forest …

It seemed very odd to Lisa that the flight through the air should take such a long time, seemingly accomplishing nothing, then suddenly it ended.

Lisa felt the force driving her along suddenly weaken. A fraction of a second later, she was plummeting to the ground, windmilling her arms wildly, but to no avail. Air whooshed in her ears as she fell, then a new sound began to emerge: the ocean, breaking on the rocks somewhere nearby. Then Lisa landed on a soft bush very heavily. A number of branches cracked and broke and she fell through the very large bush, then landed very hard on the ground.

“Ow.”

She sat up, muscles aching and arms scratched up nastily by the bush she had landed in. She felt a little burrowing beneath her and turned to see a little Caterpie looking up at her angrily. Evidently, she had destroyed its home. The worm gave an indignant squeak and shot a small thread of string at Lisa’s head before crawling away.

Lisa didn’t know why, but after seeing the Caterpie she instantly threw up four pokeballs into the air. For a moment, the night was illuminated with the explosions of light from the pokeballs. Beside Lisa appeared her Fiskmire, looking sleepy, Vulpix, alert and tense, Dratini, looking confused, and a blob of light in the shape of an Elekid.

“What?” said Lisa loudly, feeling the cuts on her arm beginning to ooze blood, but she hardly cared. Where Elekid should have been standing was now a patch of glowing light. Lisa watched in fascination, as the small beast grew much taller, wider and musclier. It had been the very last thing she had expected, but it had happened – one of her pokemon had evolved.

“Rugghhhh!” said Lisa’s new Electabuzz, as the light subsided. All the other pokemon looked at it warily, especially Dratini.

“Bloody hell!” exclaimed Lisa in shock. “You evolved. Congratulations!!”

She moved to pat the Electabuzz on the back, but it grunted angrily and moved away. Lisa could see its arms folded in the night.

“Alright, I won’t hug you then,” she said defensively. “Good job anyway.”

Electabuzz, who was now taller than everyone except Lisa, stalked off a few metres to have a look under a rock. Lisa herself began to look around her in curiosity. After all, she had no idea where she was. It was difficult to see properly in the dark, but Lisa concluded after a minute that she was in a wooded area very close to a sea.

“Vul?” barked Vulpix loudly.

Lisa looked at the small crimson fox. She could see its eyes shining in the minimal moonlight that shone down through the trees that rose up around them. The eyes were asking ‘where are we?’

“I don’t know, near a beach I think,” said Lisa to Vulpix. She rubbed her hands together in the cold. “Want to start a fire off for us?”

Vulpix obediently opened his mouth and shot a stream of red sparks at the destroyed bush. It burst into flame immediately. Lisa moved closer to it and felt warm radiating around her. Dratini slithered over beside her, along with Vulpix and Fiskmire. Electabuzz was still some distance away, prodding around a pile of rocks.

Lisa released Aipom from the Pokeport around her neck with a cry of “Revelum Aipom!” The purple monkey appeared beside Fiskmire. Then Lisa spent a long time talking to her pokemon about what had happened to her - not just that night, but all the odd things that had happened since Gavin had disappeared. The pokemon were all surprisingly very good listeners and very comforting toward her, except Electabuzz, who gave a loud grunt every time Lisa finished a sentence. It was probably half an hour before Lisa finished talking. Miraculously, once she had finished, it was as though her shoulders and chest and mind were all as light as air. Lisa felt like something had been extracted magically from her – every worry and concern – and was no longer her problem. Once she finished speaking to her pokemon, she simply curled up into a ball, with Aipom latched onto her foot and fell into a pleasant, dreamless sleep.

“Good morning.”

Lisa opened her eyes, which felt very light. Right close to her face was a woman’s face that she did not recognise at all. The woman had a lined face and white wisps of hair, but she looked quite fit and was smiling benevolently at Lisa.

“Hello,” said Lisa, lost for words. Her mind – for the first time in months – felt perfectly clear, as though it had been spring cleaned while she slept. “Um, who are you again?”

The woman smiled as Lisa sat up from her sleeping position. “Oh, you wouldn’t know me, dear. Paula Somerville, I’m from out of town.” She held out a wizened hand to Lisa, as though to pull her up. Lisa saw what looked like fungus growing on her fingernails and pushed herself up instead. However, Paula didn’t look offended.

“Got lost, did you?” she said brightly. “Or are you a local?”

Lisa didn’t know how to answer. After stuttering for a moment, she replied, “No, I’m from out of town too, actually, I kind of got lost … Do you know how far into town?” As she spoke, she realised she had no idea what town Paula was referring to.

“It’s about thirty k’s from here, love,” said Paula, brushing down the front of her bright orange top and jeans. She had a large bag on her back and Lisa spied two pokeballs on her belt. “I’d tell you the way, but I don’t really know myself. I haven’t been backpacking out this way for a long time – I’m a backpacker, you see. Still,” she added briskly. “The scenery is worth it.”

Lisa nodded absently. She was looking around her. Vulpix, Fiskmire, Dratini and Aipom were asleep at her feet, and Electabuzz – yellow and black striped fur looked very ruffled – was curled up near the rocks he had been looking at the previous night. Near Vulpix was a pile of charcoal – the remains of the bush – and Lisa’s backpack. She had not even noticed that she had it on last night. The little campsite they had made was in a thick cluster of woodland. There were many high trees surrounding them, with saltbushes and woodwebs at the lower level.

“Sorry to wake you up,” said Paula softly. “But you looked quite alone, and it is quite dangerous in these parts.”

Having five pokemon around you wasn’t what Lisa would call alone, but she nodded vacantly, now digging in her backpack for something to eat. She found a long-lost muesli bar and began munching away at once.

“Thanks anyway,” said Lisa, spraying a chunk of muesli from her mouth accidentally; Paula blinked but didn’t seem to mind. “Um … where am I exactly?”

“In the Valeo Forest of course, south of the port,” Paula said as she admired a caramel-coloured Pidgeotto in a tree feeding its young.

This time muesli flew everywhere. “Port Valeo?” Lisa choked. “It’s not Thursday is it … no, it’s Wednesday … I have another day yet …” For Lisa had just remembered that she was needed for Lenina’s trial on Thursday the 27th, and it was in Port Valeo.

Paula brushed some muesli off her top. “Yes, Port Valeo. You alright love?”

“Yeah, fine …” said Lisa. “Come on guys …” She reached into her bag, found four pokeballs and called “Return!” The sleeping forms of Fiskmire and the others – except Aipom – dematerialised in a flash of red light. Lisa reached to her necklace to withdraw Aipom, but the silvery chain was not there.

“Oh, no WAY!” moaned Lisa, looking around frantically in the soft grass of the clearing, but she could not see it anywhere. With her luck, a Murkrow had stolen it in the night … still, Aipom would be able to walk the thirty k’s with her, surely?

Paula was now hoisting her own backpack onto her back, which had been on the ground before. “I’ll be off then, love, as long as you’re alright. Wouldn’t want to be attacked by any of the creatures in this forest … Good day then …”

With that, the white-haired lady waved cheerily and disappeared through the undergrowth. She had barely gone when Lisa began to trek out of the forest herself, heading north to the peninsula and Port Valeo.

Nothing had changed in the last two months. Port Valeo was still the same resort village; the main street markets were, as usual, crowded with shoppers; the slopes around the village were looking more verdant than ever; and the small port was bustling with pleasure cruises and brightly-coloured yachts.

Lisa emerged over the crest of one of the green slopes to see the village below. It looked quite picturesque, set aside the aqua shallows of the ocean. Aipom was on her head like a turban, calling out “Leeeeeeeeeeesa!” repeatedly as the girl made her way down into the buildings which were the town.

“It is quite nice, isn’t it?” remarked Lisa to Aipom, as they weaved through the colourful markets.

“Ai!” Aipom agreed, tying Lisa’s black hair into knots while she was distracted.

“Oh look, a Berry Shop!” said Lisa eagerly. “What say we have a look in there?”

“Pom … Ai pom.”

She yanked Aipom off her head, set him on her shoulder instead and entered the cool, shadowy store, which was built into a stone building. There were a few shelves in the shop, but behind the counter were hanging baskets and jars which looked most interesting. A plump woman with dangly earrings was showing a furry green cluster of berries to a young male trainer.

“You’ll love our ExtraBerry,” said the woman in deep, mystic tones. “It can give your pokemon extra battle powers … they need only eat a bit, though it does poison them rather badly …”

“I don’t think my Magikarp will like them,” said the boy quickly and nervously. “Um … bye!”

He quickly scurried away from the dark shop and into the rectangle of light that was the door, dodging around two more people who had been coming in. Lisa, who had been looking at some Self-Watergun Berries, suddenly caught a familiar voice.

“… and he reckoned I shouldn’t be wasting time shopping when he’s getting closer to the League Battles. What a self-centred lahoooser!”

Lisa jerked her head up to see the people who had just walked in and gasped. “ Jessica!”

The two teenage girls both looked up. One familiar girl, with sleek blonde hair and bright eyes, grinned. “ Hi Lisa!”

Leaving Aipom to look at a Breadfruit Berry, Lisa jogged over to the girls. “Hi Jessica,” she said, smiling. “I hoped you’d be here for the trial. I just got here.”

The girl beside Jessica Hall looked curious. “What trial?”

Lisa exchanged looks with Jessica; Lisa’s was apologetic, Jessica’s was annoyed. “The trial run for the Discount Rates at the Resort,” lied Jessica after a pause, then she pointed enthusiastically at a collection of baskets. “Look, Olivia, Beauty Berries!”

“Where? Oh, pink ones … cool …” The other girl, who had bleached blonde hair, drifted over to a hanging basket and began reading a caption hanging from it.

Once she had gone, Lisa turned to Jessica. “Sorry.”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “That’s okay, Lisa. She doesn’t know anything about the trial yet. Andrew reckons we should just never tell her, but I don’t know what she’s going to think when we go off to the courthouse for a few hours.”

Lisa laughed. “It’ll be interesting to see Lenina again, won’t it?”

“Wonder if her hair’s grown back yet?” Jessica mused with a bleak grin. Her teeth were clenched, though. “I hope they use Capital Punishment, I mean, honestly …”

Last time they had met, Lenina had injured Jessica’s Eevee. It was evidently not safe to harm anything of Jess’s; she had delivered a sharp kick to Lenina’s shins in retaliation.

“We got into town yesterday,” said Jessica brightly. “Me and Andrew and Olivia … she’s our cousin. Glenys and Ripper are letting us stay at the resort again; it’s going really well. Where are you staying?”

Lisa hesitated. Before she could start to reply, however, Jess smiled. “You can stay at the resort if you want to, Glenys and Ripper wouldn’t mind at all, you know that!”

“Oh, well, I already … I mean, well … thanks Jess.”

Jessica smiled more broadly, but sincerely. “Nice top. Where’d you get that?” She gestured to Lisa’s white top.

“Oh, I got it for Christmas, I think it might have come from the Surf Shop in Ecruteak.”

Jess nodded vaguely. Lisa could not be sure, but from the expression on her face, it looked like Jessica was thinking ‘Thank God she got rid of those overalls’.

“Where’s Gavin?” she said suddenly.

“Hm?” said Lisa, though she’d heard perfectly well. “Oh, he’s coming later … he had to go somewhere, family stuff. Yeah. So … let’s go to the resort then, hey? Come on, Aipom.” Aipom came running up to her and clambered onto her shoulder. “I just came in here to have a look,” Lisa told Jessica. “But this place seems dodgy …”

“I reckon,” agreed Jess, pointing to a hanging basket filled with electric blue berries. “As if there are such things as Speedshock Berries. The stuff in this shop has gotta be fake. Anybody who buys any of this stuff has rocks in their head.”

As she finished her sentence, there was a clinking of coins on the counter. Olivia came over to them, smiling naively and carrying handfuls of Beauty Berries.

The sun was beginning to set by the time Andrew Hall met up with Lisa, Aipom, Jess and Olivia at the resort.

“I had to chase that bloody thing for an hour before it gave my backpack back,” he grumbled, sliding into the seat between Olivia and Lisa. The three girls had been having a milkshake at the café beside Glenys and Ripper’s hotel, staring through the huge glass wall at the sunlight rebounding off the ocean.

“At least you got it back,” said Jessica, sounding like she hardly cared. “Now you see where being rude gets you.”

Andrew muttered something under his breath and sank back into his chair when he suddenly realised Lisa sitting beside him. His eyes widened. “Sorry, didn’t see you. Hi Lisa.”

“Hey Andrew,” Lisa grinned, while Aipom played with her hair aggressively. “Long time no see … what happened to your backpack?”

He shot Jessica a distinctly accusatory look. “Well, we were going into town to do some shopping-”

“I needed those shoes!” Jessica interjected.

“Anyway,” said Andrew. “Some psychopath woman was selling sandals made of seaweed at half-price, and when I said they were stupid she set her Ekans onto me. It took my bag and just … took off. I had to chase it all the way outside town and back again before I thought to use my Quilava. That stupid woman’s not getting her Ekans back in one piece anyway … Quilava showed it …”

Jess rolled her eyes at her brother and Lisa knew he was joking, but Olivia’s eyes widened in horror.

“You snapped it in half?” she said incredulously, her green eyes huge. “You can’t be serious!”

Lisa wasn’t sure whether to take her seriously, but judging by the looks that Andrew and Jessica exchanged, she inferred that Olivia was perhaps not the brightest crayon in the box.

“AAAAAAANNNNYWAY,” said Andrew, yawning loudly. “I reckon we should get a good night’s sleep if we’re supposed to testify tomorrow.”

“It’s only six thirty!” squealed Lisa and Jess in unison.

“You know, in City Beach, we don’t have to go home if we don’t want to,” said Olivia abruptly. “The shops are open for a full 24 hours on Saturdays, too.”

“That’s great,” said Jess, flicking her sleek blonde hair impatiently. “But Andy, we’re not going to bed at all if we don’t want to.”

Andrew looked insulted. “I didn’t mean now. Just earlier than usual. We haven’t eaten yet, anyway. And Edward and Glenys said they’d take us on their boat for a night-time cruise. D’you wanna come, Lisa?”

“Sure.”

The boy eyes suddenly narrowed, as though he was trying to remember something, then –

“Hey, where’s Gavin?”

“Coming,” said Lisa, as she had done with Jess. “He had some family business but he’ll be here.” By now, she had practically convinced herself of this tale.

“He’ll have to be quick,” said Andrew. “The trial’s at eleven.”

“He’ll be there,” said Lisa quickly.

The night-time cruise was quite enjoyable. The sky was clear and filled with stars, and the seaspray that fell about their faces as the boat churned through the Valeo Cove was refreshingly cool. Lisa talked with Jessica mostly, because Andrew was trying to straighten out his backpack and a conversation with Olivia was too much of a struggle. She of course met up with Glenys and Ripper (Edward), the elderly couple who were good friends of Jess and Andrew’s. They once again insisted that she stayed with them for the time she was in Port Valeo. As Glenys often said, “We’ve won the lotto, we have all the money we want!” which was perfectly true.

Lisa and Jessica swapped stories of what they had been up to since the last time they met. Jessica told Lisa that she and Andrew had gone separate ways for awhile, but eventually joined up again. Olivia had joined them, and Phil had left on his own path with a girl called Rose.

“I don’t know where he is now,” admitted Jessica. “But he’s not coming to the trial. He sent the Ministry a written statement instead.”

Lisa nearly exploded; all she needed was a written statement? That meant she hadn’t needed to come here in the first place! Still, it would be better – this way she could see Lenina properly. And it wasn’t like she had spent any time coming to the trial … it had happened without her consent.

She went on to tell Jessica of her travels; the call from Hiro, helping him win the League, meeting Darius, losing Darius, meeting up with Marina, and Christmas. She conveniently glossed over the fact that Team Rocket seemed to want her dead, and that the legendary pokemon kept appearing, and she changed Gavin’s running-away to sound like he had left only a day ago for his Uncle’s Funeral, rather than more than two months ago. Lisa wished it had been, but what did it matter?

After all, what Jessica didn’t know couldn’t hurt her.

It was past midnight by the time Lisa and the others got back to the resort that Glenys and Ripper owned. Lisa dumped her backpack in a fairly large room with a TV and kitchen facilities, as well as an ensuite. She sank onto a very springy bed, which backed onto a window, and sighed. Aipom was at her feet, trying to tie her shoelaces together.

“Get out of it, Aipom!” Lisa cried, kicking at him half-heartedly. Aipom shrank away quietly and went off to inspect the kitchen.

Lisa untied her black hair and pulled her shoes off herself. She turned to draw the curtains shut, to block out the strong beam of the moon, but her hand had barely reached the edge of the maroon curtain before she gave a loud squeal of surprise.

Gavin Luper was standing outside the window.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 01:02 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

Eee! Crossover! Yayness!

I'm guessing Elekid/Electabuzz just got a personality change. He doesn't seems so friendly anymore.

Gavin's ouside the window? Has he been in town all along? Did he just arive? how'd he know which room was hers? I suppose I'll just have to wait for the next chap to see.
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

wow! Awesome chapter! Continue, please.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Oooooo...niiiiice chapter! How DID Lisa make that little "escape" anyway? And what's gonna happen to Marina? Wow, so many questions...

On a happier note, Gavin's back! I understand him leaving because his uncle died, but...a couple of months?! WHAT has he been doing all this time?...There I go asking questions again . Oh well, Congratulations on another terrific chapter! Post the next one whenever you can: the suspense is KILLING me!
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, glad that the story is moving along now. It was a pretty good cross over just not as good as the last one. I really don't have much to say about this chapter for it was rather uneventful in my grateful and personal opinion, but I think that you and Oz will make next chapter more enjoyable.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Banned

Default HEy

I have been reading your fanfic for a couple of months. All i can say is that your fanfic is on of the best fanfics that i have ever read in a long time.Keep up the great work.

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Crossover! ^_^

Yes! Finally, Gavin makes a reappearance... Hurry up and continue! I wanna know more...

Aww....too bad about Lisa's chain, it was convenient.

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Awesome! I loved that final line! Suspense! oOoOoOoH. I now see what Andy meant about his bag; the Ekans ordeal I didn't understand in the EBTV side.

This crossover is the best! I'm loving it. But Aipom's thingy that Lisa recalled him in is gone ;_; Nooooooooooooooooo! ! ?

Keep it up!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default YES!!

Yay! LtL is back! ^_^

Well, this was a great way to bring the characters back together. As Powarun said, it was fairly uneventful, but you have to have some fillers, right? Anyway, your descriptions were great, and I loved the way you introduced Olivia to Lisa. ^^;

Well, as many of you know, I'm on a mission to get myself killed. (Not really, but it sounds good. ) So, I'm going to point out a few things I noticed about this chapter. After all, a great writer can't be bothered with correcting grammar himself, can he?

Lisa shivered, but tried not to think of the cold. There were so many more things to think about that were so much more important.

You used the word “think” in consecutive sentences. Another word might have been better to replace one of the two.

[I]Then Lisa landed on a soft bush very heavily. A number of branches cracked and broke and she fell through the very large bush, then landed very hard on the ground.[/I

Gyaah! Stop using the word “very”! It’s “very” irritating! [/idiotic joke]

Lisa watched in fascination, as the small beast grew much taller, wider and musclier.

Is “musclier” an Austrailian word? I’ve actually seen that in examples of English grammar of what we consider incorrect. Of course, it might be different in Aussieland.

Lisa moved closer to it and felt warm radiating around her.

The word “warm” should be “warmth”.

Port Valeo was still the same resort village; the main street markets crowded with shoppers; the slopes around the village were looking more verdant than ever; and the small port was bustling with pleasure cruises and brightly-coloured yachts.

The first semicolon is correct, but all the ones after it should be changed to commas.

Lisa could not be sure, but from the expression on her face, it looked like Jessica was thinking ‘Thank God she got rid of those overalls’.

It’s only minor punctuation, but the period should be inside the quote.

Anyway, this was nice work, and I look forward to the next chapter! And don't worry, Oz, I'll look at the EBTV side tomorrow! I'll give you reason to kill me yet!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Banned

I liked the last two chapters, eventhough no Suicune in them...

I'm still curious about entei's deal with the Team Rocket guy. What the... is gonna happen? Why is entei THAT vicious?

Hope some things will be cleared out in the next chapters, especially now Gavin's back!

Keep it up!

PS: if ya need any ideas for made up Pokemon, simply PM me. I've made up about 70 new!

Banned

Gavin's back! Although now he has to explain what he's been doing all that time...

I wonder... Is Electabuzz irate because of all the times Lisa used him as a battery before? And, If Lisa lost her Recall Necklace Thing, (I forgot the name of it... ^_^;; ) couldn't she still use Aipom's Pokeball? Maybe she got rid of that. I don't remember for sure.

I really like the crossover chapters, and I appreciate the extra effort that you guys have put into them. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, Keep it up!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Good cliffhanger! It was practically all filler up until the last sentence... what a twist!

Well, Olivia's same as ever. Love the portrayal of her personality. And I think there's something more to that woman in the woods, but maybe that's jsut me.

Hope the next chapter comes soon!
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

gavin standing outside the window and the chapter ends!!
    I think I'm going to die from all the suspence. a great crossover chapter can't what to see the trial and what happends there.

I am the water king, if you want me look to the dark side of the water i'll be there

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the reading and replying and stuff, I don't believe this thread has actually cracked the 600-reply mark. Thanks for being so receptive an audience!

Time is so pressed for me at the moment (what else is new?). I've got a stack of assignments and tests and study to do in the next few weeks, so I'll have very little time to write. I still hope to have the next chapter up by the first week of november, so stay tuned!

Oh, and it's great that you guys liked the ending!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

oh, while reading this again I noticed something confusing:

"Andrew looked insulted. “I didn’t mean now. Just earlier than usual. We haven’t eaten yet, anyway. And Phil and Glenys said they’d take us on their boat for a night-time cruise. D’you wanna come, Lisa?”

Why would Phil be there? Andrew said that he was meeting Phil after the trial or something x_x;;. Was it supposed to be Ripper/Edward?

Thanks,
    Chris

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Lol, you're right! It was supposed to be Edward ... we were discussing Phil as I wrote that, and evidently my head got confused. Thanks mate.

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

HEY EVERYONE!

Don't get excited, no chapter (yet) but I had to post ... this is the first time I've actually been able to come online for almost a month.

Me and Oz are working hard on the rest of the crossover, though mostly Oz because he's writing it this time. It's looking really good.

Anyway, this post is mostly an apology for not doing anything for the last month ... but I will make it up. I'm really itching to write the rest of Lisa's story, and school finishes very soon.

Oh, and LTL's 2nd Birthday is on Monday, I think ... I posted the 'Prologue' on December 1, 2001. So yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Watch this space!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

To be honest, the wait hasn't been killing me. I've been busy with exams...so I've been inactive. The good thing is, I can think of all the outcomes that can come out the last chapter, that will happen in the next. like "I wonder...." etc etc. You can't do that with chapters posted once a week or so...

...so in theory, this long wait's worth it! Keep it up mate.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

glad to know you're still alive. I'll be looking forward to it whenever it's posted. Now if you excuse me......... *looks around frantically* WHERE'S MY EMBROIDERY!!!!!!!!! oops..... crazy moment........

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well, here's chapter 44. It is technically part of the crossover, but doesn't really have an EBTV counterpart - you'll see. This chapter leads off straight from where the last chapter finished, and hopefully answers a couple of questions for you guys.

Cheers!

------------------------------------

Chapter 44 – Gavin’s Tale.

For a moment, Lisa hovered by the bedside, completely bewildered. Through the window glass she had just unmistakably spied a person whom she had not seen for more than two months; the person whom she had thought about more than any other during the confusing events that had occurred since December. He was very close to the window, looking completely worn out and swaying slightly.

Gavin did not look as thought he knew what he was doing – at any rate, Lisa had no idea how he could have found her at the Hotel – but she brushed this from her mind and almost leapt at the window latch, throwing it open and allowing the humid night air to flow in.

“ Gavin!” cried Lisa, a numb sense of disbelief sweeping over her as she pressed her face against the screen. “ Gavin! It’s me, Lisa!”

The boy’s head jerked upwards and Lisa gasped before she could stop herself; his left cheek was disfigured by a deep gash that ran almost from his ear to the corner of his mouth.

“ Hi Lisa,” he said, as though they were having a casual chat. “ I thought you’d be here.”

Gavin had moved up to the screen of Lisa’s hotel window now; Lisa was grateful she had asked for the ground floor suite.

“ What happened to your face, Gavin?” Lisa gabbled quickly, still astonished that her missing friend had turned up so suddenly in the middle of the night. “ Where have you been? Why didn’t you call me, or send a letter or -”

But Lisa stopped herself; Gavin did not look at all well; he was swaying on the spot, almost like a drunk, and she noticed that he was not moving his left arm at all. Lisa paused for a moment, unsure of what to say or do, then found her tongue. “ I spose you’d better come in, then. Can you help me get this flyscreen off?” she asked him, tugging at the edge of the screen.

She saw something flicker in his eyes, which were bloodshot, before he nodded obediently and gripped the outside of the screen with his right hand. Lisa noticed now more than ever than his left arm stayed firmly by his side. Together, they tried to pull the screen away so that Gavin could come inside. Five minutes of futile shifting and jiggling passed, until Gavin said, “ I think you need to lift that bottom part up, then I’ll pull it out from this side.”

Lisa lifted the base of the flyscreen as high up as she could, and Gavin pulled it. Instantly, the screen slipped out of its position and slid to the ground with a dull bump. Lisa smiled grimly and even Gavin managed a quick grin; they had wasted so much time jiggling the screen around.

Gavin began to climb up over the windowsill but had barely got his leg over when he winced in pain and sharply withdrew his leg.

“ What’s wrong?” Lisa cried at once, wishing he would hurry up and get inside, so that she could find out where he had been for the last two months.

“ Leg,” muttered Gavin, hopping precariously on his other leg. Without thinking much, Lisa clambered over the windowsill and into the warm air of the night, landing softly on the grass beside Gavin. Without a word, he began to hobble over the lawns around the resort, while Lisa followed. They skirted two sides of the hotel in silence before they reached an elaborate gazebo enclosed by many trees and shrubs; Gavin changed direction and headed for the small wooden structure, which lay about twenty metres from the hotel, and had small wooden stools scattered around in it.

Gavin sat down on one of the stools, and Lisa chose once with a cushioned leather seat and perched upon it eagerly. At last – he had not done it yet – Gavin looked directly at her, into her eyes. She noticed not just how bloodshot his eyes were, but how they had changed somehow; they were no longer as jovial as they had once seemed.

“ I’m sorry I’ve been gone so long,” Gavin said at last, “ But I really didn’t mean to be.”

“ I hope not!” said Lisa, emerging from her silent incredulity. “ I’ve been worried like hell, I thought you could have been dead, I mean, you didn’t send any word to say that you were still alive, did you?”

“ No,” said Gavin at once, but he did not look distressed by Lisa’s increasingly accusatory tone of voice. “ Just give me a chance and I can explain everything. Well, not everything, but a lot. Really strange things have been happening lately – and I mean more strange than what happened in December …” He trailed off, but Lisa knew he meant the time when they had seen Entei, Suicune and Raikou fighting; the time Anna had been killed by Entei.

Lisa thought for a moment, wanting to ask a thousand questions of her own rather than have Gavin tell his story at his own pace. “ Alright, then, tell me what happened,” she said in contrast to her own feelings. She wriggled into a more comfortable position on the leather stool and sat still, ready to hear Gavin’s story.

“ Well, where should I start?” said Gavin.

“ How about at the pool in Silver City?” prodded Lisa, almost exploding with her eagerness to hear the story. “ You know, when you ran off?”

Gavin considered this for a second, then nodded.

“ OK, so I was having a swim in that pool, just minding my own business, waiting for you to come meet me and have a swim. But then out of nowhere I heard someone yell my name – I’d just come up above the surface, so I wasn’t expecting it, but then she called again and I looked up and saw Mel.”

Lisa opened her mouth to ask about Mel’s identity; the woman had appeared at Lisa’s hotel door and demanded to see Gavin, and Lisa had seen little more of her than that. But Lisa shut her mouth and let Gavin continue; she was too curious about where the story was going to ask questions at the moment.

“ I hadn’t seen Melanie for ages,” continued Gavin. “ But I knew straight away what she was going to tell me, it’s strange … oh, you don’t know Mel, do you?” Gavin added.

Lisa shook her head.

“ She used to work at the Radio Tower with me, but I knew her even before that. She was one of my Uncle’s friends. Her and my Uncle both worked in an office in Ecruteak, a few years ago. Anyway … well, you know this already, but Uncle Eusine died in December. He was found dead near the Tin Tower.” Gavin’s voice shook very slightly, and Lisa could tell that he was quite determined to keep talking normally. She nodded and he went on in the same tone as before.

“ I didn’t believe it – I couldn’t; Eusine was dead? I ran away, I’m sorry, but I just took off. Ran for a while, out of the city, then caught a bus back to Ecruteak. I got there on Christmas Eve for his funeral … there weren’t many people there …”

Lisa had abruptly realised that she knew very little about Gavin’s family. He had only really mentioned them once, on a boat in the Whirl Islands. He had said that both his parents were dead. For all Lisa knew, Eusine had been one of Gavin’s few living relatives.

“ Mel was there as well,” Gavin went on. “ She told me that you were coming back to Ecruteak for Christmas, but I didn’t really want to see you then, I dunno, I just felt too overwhelmed. On Christmas Eve, though, after the funeral, at night, I went to your place and left your present. I thought maybe I’d go stay at Mel’s place for awhile. I stayed there on Christmas Eve anyway.

“ On Christmas night I decided I might as well meet back up with you. I needed my pokemon back anyway, Lanturn and Staryu. At about eight I walked over to your place, I thought I’d explain why I had just run away like that and left you in Silver City, but then …” He trailed off uncertainly.

“ I got to the edge of your suburb when they attacked me. Three people; I never got to see who they were, but my bet is Team Rocket, stupid pricks. I’d just turned a corner and they’d suddenly charged straight into me. I don’t know how they knew I was against them, as opposed to an innocent bystander, but they tried to attack me. Two were blokes, they pulled out a gun; the other one was a girl, she went straight into attack and tried to tear my face off …” Gavin gingerly touched the scar on his cheek, almost subconsciously. “ Anyway, they got me in the end, I mean, how can I fight a gun – my pokemon were either with you or at Mel’s.”

Lisa had another score of questions she was burning to ask Gavin, but somewhere in her head she still found an answer. “ Your telekinesis,” she said. “ Why didn’t you –”

But Gavin had held up a hand and stopped her at once.

“ Haven’t you noticed how long it’s been since I used anything psychic?” he said sharply. “ At first I just tried not to use it unless I really needed to – I mean, it’s not something you want to draw attention to, and it’s pretty draining. But I haven’t been able to at all lately; I don’t think I have since that time when we teleported from the airport, but that was with heaps of help from Natu.”

Lisa thought hard, and couldn’t remember Gavin using his psychic for quite some time.

“ What, so you just … can’t do it anymore?”

Gavin shrugged. “ Doesn’t seem like it. That’s just another weird thing, though. Anyway, back to my story …” He put on his storytelling voice.

“ The people, whoever they were, knocked me out with the gun, so I was out like a light. The next time I woke up, I was in a van of some sort, and I knew they were taking me somewhere, like headquarters or something. And they did – about midnight the van I was in stopped; we’d come to this big cave thing, dunno where. They took me out of the van – well actually, threw me out of the van …” Gavin’s hand had come to rest subconsciously on his left arm.

“ They were wearing everyday clothes, not a Rocket uniform, so for all I knew at that stage, they were completely unrelated. They made me walk into the cave – whoa! I’d been expecting a bare cave, but no way. Completely different. They had a desk there, and computers, and phones and stuff. And heaps and heaps of files stacked around the place.

“ The guys who kidnapped me pushed me down a few tunnels, but they all had torches in them. It was pretty obvious by then that I was in a secret headquarters or something. Eventually we came to a huge room, it took about half a second for me to realise it was a prison area. There were no windows – maybe we were underground – but there were cells, of course, with huge thick bars. It was like in one of them movies … but not as cool, cause I got thrown a cell.

“ And guess who I met in the cell? I wouldn’t have even thought about it, but there you go – Professor Westwood. Remember him from the Whirl Islands that time?”

Lisa had a fleeting memory of a podgy, balding, middle-aged man with a significantly large nose.

“ He was in the cell too?” she said, unsure of what was going to happen next in this odd story of Gavin’s. “ What did they want with him?”

“ Well, I asked him straight away,” Gavin said. “ Westwood recognised me right away, though he didn’t look to great himself, sitting on a bunk bed, muttering about something. He was still stable, mentally, though – that was the thing that surprised me.”

“ How long had he been there?” Lisa said; it was the question that had escaped her lips first, just before “ Is he all right?” and “ Why was he in there?”

“ Months. I’ll get to that in a second. He told me a fair bit as soon as I got chucked in the cell. I asked him if he was OK, he said that it wasn’t important, it was only important that he told me everything at once.

“ And there’s a lot that he told me. First up he explained what had happened to him. A couple of days after we left to go back to Olivine City on the mainland – you know, after the Whirlpool Cup – he took off to see his mate Joseph on Silver Rock Island. He actually told us about it when we were there, but I forgot at the time. Anyway, his good friend Joseph turned against him suddenly – had him tied up. And he questioned him non-stop for days. I don’t know why, but Westwood didn’t want to tell me what Joseph was asking – only that it was something horrible, something he could not think about, that he would not speak about. I gave up asking him after a few days.

“ But he told me other stuff too. He said that the organization – the Rockets – they no longer have a thing for stealing pokemon for fun, or whatever. For awhile now, they’ve had their eyes on Legendaries: Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Ho-oh, Lugia … but especially, Lunanine.

“ And why else would they kidnap Westwood? He has a more extensive knowledge on each and every creature than a lot of people – and he had just been given a heap of info from you about Lunanine. Luckily he submitted the Pokedex entry before he was kidnapped. Poor bloke wouldn’t tell me anything else about him, but I’m pretty sure that Lunanine’s got something to do with it. All in all, the Legendaries are what the Rockets are after …

“ As for the Legendaries, they’re just as mysterious at the moment, aren’t they? That time we saw them, when Anna died, that was definitely something. Entei disappeared, the other two were against him. And then we saw Suicune at Tom’s Engagement, and Lunanine at your place as well – and what about the fight that Suicune and Entei had? Did Entei really die?”

Lisa thought about it, but she didn’t really need to consider it. It didn’t seem possible that a massive fire-dog, capable of murder and quite obviously evil, could be destroyed and defeated so easily as it had seemed when Suicune fought it in the Ice Path. There was something about how Lisa had not actually seen Entei die, but rather burst into flame that obscured him from view, that made her think that the fire dog was still very much alive and plotting something.

“ I don’t think so,” said Lisa in response to Gavin’s question. “ I think he’s definitely alive.”

“ And so do I,” Gavin said instantly. “ Which means we’re in a lot of danger – not just from the Rockets, but Entei too.”

There was a pensive silence. Then Lisa said, “ So, what happened then?”

“ Oh right,” said Gavin, jerking back into story mode. “ Well, the other thing Westwood told me was that the Rockets are planning something really big. As in, a huge operation. For a couple of months they’ve been almost ignoring him, just feeding him enough to keep him alive, in existence, but lately they’ve been questioning him again, more intensely than before. And he said he’s seen heaps more Rockets in the caves lately – they’ve brought in reinforcements for whatever they’re planning.

“ He asked about you as well, Lisa. He wanted to know if you still had those crystal bells he gave you back on Red Rock Island.”

“ Of course I do,” said Lisa. “ They’re in … oh no!”

With a very sickening jolt, she realised that the Crystal Bells were not in her backpack, but at her home somewhere. And her home had been invaded by the Rockets a couple of days ago – chances were, the Bells were in their hands already. Lisa actually winced when she realised she would have to tell Gavin the story of what had happened to her lately, once he had finished.

“ Where are they?” cried Gavin, apparently forgetting that it was late at night and they were outside a hotel.

“ At home … don’t worry, I’ll explain everything to you once you’ve told me your side of the story.”

“ All right,” said Gavin, casting a sidelong glance at her. “ Well, the day after they put me in the cell, I was taken out by two agents and went into an office to see some woman. I think she was an executive. She asked me who I was, I gave her a fake name but I don’t see how that helps me in the long run. She said I was to remain in their prison for as long as they deemed necessary, because they suspected that I had information that their organisation might find useful. Then they took me back to the cell. I was in there for what I think was another month and a half – yeah, it was February the eleventh when I got out, but in the meantime, a lot happened. Turns out Westwood was right; there were heaps more Rockets patrolling the caves than I even knew existed. They keep getting more guns as well, I saw crates of ammo arrive once, they took them past the cell and into a store room. Something big is going to happen soon.”

“ How did you get out?” Lisa asked him curiously.

This time, Gavin’s face was briefly lit with a smile, as though he was experiencing a good memory. “ It was luck, really. I wouldn’t have escaped if I’d kept my mouth shut. You see, on the eleventh they took Westwood for another questioning, and when he came back the guard – I knew him by name by then, he’s Damek – threw him on the floor of the cell and spat on him. I couldn’t stand that – I told him to piss off, leave Westwood alone – he punched me in the side of my face and yelled and told me to go with him. Since he had a gun, I didn’t really protest.

“ Damek put me in a huge office that was a lot nicer than the woman’s office I went in before. I figured it must be a really elite Rocket. Anyway, he left me there alone, though I was pretty sure he was listening right outside the door in case I tried to escape. I didn’t want to move anyway, I don’t fancy being shot. I sat there for about ten minutes, and then the door opened, and this guy walked in. I could tell straight away that he was the boss, or one of them. He had a heap of badges on his shirt and he had a weird gun. He said that I should begin to respect the organisation and stuff like that. I kept quiet. Then he started asking me who I was, said he knew I was lying about my identity, and that unless I told him, he’d shoot me. There wasn’t really much choice, so I said that my name was Gavin Luper, and that I had no idea why I’d been brought in for questioning. He was still writing my name down when I grabbed the gun of his desk. I don’t know why, I didn’t think, but I just wanted to escape. Prison was so boring and so difficult to bear, I just had to leave – this was the closest I had come to a weapon in ages. So I pointed it straight at his face – he yelled out – I pulled the trigger. I didn’t even look to see what happened to him, I turned round to the door, threw it open and ran like hell down the tunnel of the cave outside. I was sure somebody would have heard the shots, and even if they didn’t, the caves were swarming with Rockets; I wouldn’t be getting far. I didn’t know where to go, so I guessed and took the left tunnel. It went downwards for awhile and I thought I was probably going away from the exit, so I turned down a side tunnel and this one went really steeply upwards. The tunnel got steeper and steeper and eventually it was almost a climb. I looked up after a minute or two and saw daylight above me; I hadn’t seen it for weeks, it dazzled me. It was hard to climb the last few metres up the tunnel – it was practically vertical by then – but I managed it and pulled myself out of a hole in the rocks. I looked around and that’s when I discovered I was on Silver Rock Island. Big silver rocks everywhere. I ran for it – straight across the rocks and a road that’s been built there – I kept going till I reached the shore, then swam for it. I swam all the way to Red Rock, and told the police at the station about the Rocket’s lair. I acted innocent; I said I’d been walking across the island on a holiday and seen a few Team Rocket people in the distance, so I came and alerted them. They didn’t ask many questions – I left Red Rock as soon as I could on the back of a fairly helpful Seaking, and came to Olivine Port.”

Gavin seemed tired out by so much talking; he had never spoken for so long, and about so much – at least, not that Lisa could remember. There was a short pause after Gavin’s last words, and Lisa was about to speak up when Gavin went on, adding what must have been the epilogue to his tale.

“ I got back to Ecruteak five days ago, at Mel’s place, she wasn’t home though. There was a note there for me, from the Ministry of Justice, saying that I had to come here for the trial. I knew at once that there was no point going to your place – I might as well go straight to Port Valeo. I packed my backpack, retrieved my pokemon and headed straight for here. I figured you’d be at the hotel again.”

Lisa didn’t know what to say. Gavin had been through so much over the past month, and so had she, yet neither of them really knew why they were so fervently pursued.

“ That’s it,” said Gavin in a satisfied tone, sounding quite a lot lighter than he had when Lisa had seen him outside the window. His face was no longer creased in worry, and he managed a quick grin at Lisa. She grinned back. “ Well, then?” Gavin said. “ Can I hear your side of the story, or is it too secret for my ears?”

Lisa smiled again and launched into her story, from the moment Melanie had told her Gavin was gone right up to the cruise she had enjoyed with Jessica, Andrew and Olivia that night. Gavin listened with rapt attention, he looked curious when Lisa talked of her Battlemagic Items, he was even more so when he heard about Raikou’s appearance to Lisa, but he was totally silent when she told of the Rockets invading her home.

“ And I was just getting into bed when I saw you outside the window,” Lisa finished after half an hour. Gavin inclined his head slightly to acknowledge that she was finished. There was a long pause, punctuated by a loud yawn from Gavin, who had interrupted Lisa’s story far more than she had interrupted his. Nevertheless, they had not gained any greater understanding of what either the Rockets or the Legendaries were up to.

“ Well, if you ask me,” muttered Gavin after some time, sitting pensively on his wooden stool beneath the gazebo. “ The trial is what we should focus on for now; after tomorrow, we’ll go back to Ecruteak and try to work everything out once and for all. How’s that sound?”

“ Easier than doing it right now,” replied Lisa, whose head was spinning with all that she had heard and said tonight. “ D’you want to go back inside then?”

“ Alright,” said Gavin, standing up and beginning the long hobble back to the window of Lisa’s hotel room. Lisa rose from her leathery stool with slight difficulty (her leg was stuck to it) and left the gazebo just behind Gavin as a weak beam of moonlight speared through the clouds to light their way; it was almost two-thirty in the morning.

Unfortunately, neither Lisa nor Gavin noticed the bushes beside the gazebo rustling as they left.

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Awww Poor Gavin's scarred and broken! That's no good! What's the full run down on his injuries, and is he wearing anything different? And what does Lisa wear these days?

But it was nice to see him back again and to have a Gavin-centric episode where it wasn't ALL ABOUT LISA for a change ;P That limelight hog!

But are Gavin's fading powers a sign of his impeding death behind that awful Tin Tower?

Ah, well I hope Professor westy dies, I never did like him.

I loved the part where Gavin shoots the guy cause he's bored that's hillarious. And what happened to that Seaking? John West reject?

But what's behind the Gazebo!?

I'd still like to see Jean and Wes being delightfully evil, you know, how kids are *Ants in a tick tac container with a magnifying glass on them*

Gee, I missed Gavin, I know that sounds wierd, but he really was a vital part of this story! Good work! I have like 4 pages done so far.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Oz! Thanks for the reply! Lol, Rat Race!

I get your point, there wasn't much description of the surroundings and stuff in that chapter, but oh well. I'm not going to say anything about the Professor or Gavin's future or anything, but the Seaking was just doing a favour. That, and it was migrating north anyway.

And indeed, what is behind the gazebo??? Dum dum dum dum ...

Tune in next time for more!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Great work! I thorough (sp?) enjoyment to read. It seems Gavin's been doing a lot more tha mourning these couple of months ^^

Westy should live...maybe...or die. I'm not all that bothered unless he turns out to be someone cool in disguise, like Batman or something.

Great work,
    Chris

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Oh my...so THAT'S what happened to Gaven?! Yikes!!! I really feel bad for the guy; having to go through all that just after his uncle died. Don't these rockets have any heart...wait, what am I saying? Of course they don't!

This was a great chapter. I can't wait to see what happens at the trial.
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

*whistes softly* Man... Gavin's been through hell!

That was one heck of a crazy story. Gavin seems very detatched, though. Is it just because of his long imprisonment, or is it something else? Hmm. And why can't he use psychic powers anymore?! Aagh! This is too weird!

And what's the gazebo thingy??

Overall, very, very good job. It was fascinating to hear from Gavin, even after this long wait. *glances at the newbie writers* Anyway, I'm more excited than ever to see what happens next! I can't wait for the next chapter! Awesome!

See ya then!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.