Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

^_^ Niiiiiiiiiice chapter......

Since the crossover, I've decided to read on about your story....I want to know more about Lisa......

And Hiro's an interesting character too......But so far..my favourite is Entei.....^^ I really like Entei......I'm weird.

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Hmm.......... Oh well. Ya don't know until ya say it. Heads up I'm gonna put up a couple of my own stories.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Gavin Luper: (giggles) Well....I sort of want to imagine it, but, then again, I sorta don't.
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Well my own stuff is up. One's a plain Pokemon story (Strange Things Happen WHen YOu Least Expect 'em). Little bit of a twist here and there. Another's a Pokemon/ Three Musketeers type story. (Daydreams are Sometimes Nightmares) The last one is a pure Pokemon story called (The Light of Hope) still in the works, but I'm almost happy with chapter 1.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hyperness: Thanks for deciding to keep on reading! Hopefully you'll understand most of the stuff in these chapter if you just skim through some of the earlier chapters, but most stuff should be explained during each chapter!

Hiro is Ok I spose, I just keep him in the story for the hell of it (jk!). Entei is very very evil. You'll see!

Karania: Cool!

Zeldafan: Lol, yeah that's what I mean, you really don't want to think about what's coming.

Karania2: Congrats on posting your stories! I'll check them out sometime for you

Cheers! Chapter 31 up on Saturday/Sunday!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Sorry guys, I forgot the preview for chapter 31! I edited this into the end of chapter 30, but here it is in a new reply for those who want to read it!

Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up on Lisa the Legend

At last, Lisa and Gavin are home. But an immediate obstacle is in their way.

“I can’t believe it …” stuttered Lisa, staring at the huge black creature before her.

“Well, hurry up and battle it, I can’t do everything for ya,” cried Gavin, standing tall beside Girafury, ready to consolidate both their Psychic powers in an instant if necessary.

Unfortunately, Lisa’s been caught out at last.

“Uh oh.” Lisa couldn’t suppress a sheepish grin, as her father glared at her.

And a friend from the not-too-distant past emerges … in some danger.

Just as Marina’s raft passed the branches, there was a shout and two people leapt out of the tree, landing abruptly onto the raft, backed up by a Crobat and a Venomoth.

Chapter 31 – Friends.

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

sounds good! Can't wait for tommorrow/sunday!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Shiny Marill: At this stage, it looks like Sunday!

I've been busy plotting out the rest of the book. Roughly 43 chapters now, with epilogue, and I'm currently writing chapter 35, which looks like it could be very interesting!

Seeya!

Lisa the Legend

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Yes I HAVE been reading this and amazing job! Loved the cross over. Chapters are great as usual, hope to see the next one up soon. Continue the great work,

~Pichu
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Nice!Entei teamed up with Team Rocket?O.o

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Wow! I can hardly wait to read the next chapter. I wonder what entei has planned for Lisa..... Does he want her dead like the rockets do as well, or is he just trying to push her to be the best she can be?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Pichu Luver: OMG you have been reading after all? Lol I wondered if you were still out there or not, although you did always say you would hardly ever reply. Thank you so very much for reading this whole time. And thanks for the reply!

100FangCroconaw: Yeah, pretty scary hey? Definitely not a good thing for Lisa!

Karania: The next chapter will be up any minute if I can manage it. I'd like to give you a clue to your theories, but I can't! Of course!

Seeya in a minute!

----------------------------------

Chapter 31 – Friends.

Lisa Walters was sprawled out across the lush front lawn of her house in Ecruteak City. Her close friend Gavin Luper lay beside her, rubbing his forehead repeatedly. Lisa’s entire body was feeling crushed, but she knew she was much better off than Gavin, who felt like curling up and hibernating for eternity.

“Aipom?” questioned Lisa, and she struggled up to a sitting position and searched around the well-kept garden and grass. Aipom hung from it’s furry purple tail in a nearby tree. Lisa rolled her eyes as she stood up to retrieve her first and most loyal Pokemon.

After being kidnapped only a day ago, and meeting a girl named Jess who was about her age, Lisa had had a really dangerous but nonetheless exciting experience; she had battled for her life. Gavin had met Andrew (Jess’ brother), and after a massively important Pokemon battle against a deformed pokemon, the new acquaintances exchanged phone numbers for later on. Lisa was thoroughly pleased after driving in her solarpowered buggy to another province – not only had she received the Legendary Pokemon Book she had been looking for so long, but her Elekid had become a good deal stronger, as well as Aipom learning the glowing Super Swift or ‘Speed Star’ technique.

“Gavin?” Lisa moved on to see if her best friend was alright. He wasn’t used to using his psychic powers to teleport Lisa and himself anywhere, let alone long distances. Andrew’s friends Glenys and Ripper had arranged for Lisa and Gavin to fly back to Ecruteak, but no taxis were in sight when they arrived, and as Ecruteak was quite a big city, Gavin had teleported them home. His use of teleportation or telekinesis always left the teenage boy incredibly weak, occasionally injured, and he had tried not to use his abilities. But Gavin hadn’t been completely alone in the method – his first ever pokemon Natu had also contributed in moving Lisa, Gavin, Aipom and itself to Ecruteak again.

The black-haired boy stirred and looked up. The plaster cast on his arm with the scribbled messages from Lisa, Jessica, Phil and Andrew had shifted and come off his arm during the teleportation, although it really needed to stay on for a good many weeks yet. Lisa moved over to Gavin’s right arm and examined it as the boy mumbled to himself and tried to open his eyes. His arm from just above his elbow to his hand, which had previously been covered, was pale and thin, very weak-looking. Lisa knew the arm shouldn’t have healed yet, but with amazement as she examined it, she was quite sure it had!

As Lisa began to puzzle over the arm, there was a shout from the large Teak door, and two children came tearing out.

“Lisa, did you get your book? How’s Aipom? Did you get a pokemon for me? What’s with Gavin, why’s he down there on the grass?”
    “Hi Leese, have fun? Mum and Dad are waiting for you, I think you’re gonna be busted for coming home so late!”

Lisa’s younger siblings – cheeky, 12-year old brother, Pokemon-obsessed Wesley and even cheekier 10-year-old sister, the sarcastic little Jean – came racing onto the lawn and both slammed into Lisa. Lisa rubbed her head impatiently, as Wes began conversing with Aipom and Jean looked at Gavin, and little Natu asleep beside him.

“Is he dead?” she asked, a droop to her bored face.

Lisa glared reprovingly at her. “Don’t be stupid, Jean, he’s fine. He’s just really tired from all the driving we had to do. He hasn’t slept for AGES.”

Lisa knew that Gavin liked to keep his psychic powers quiet – only a few people knew; Lisa, Aipom, Gavin’s Uncle Eusine, Jack Criddle the sailor and Frank the captain and Tom, Lisa’s older brother. Once Gavin had accidentally used a Psychic attack before hundreds of people, but luckily they were eventually convinced that Gavin’s Girafarig and Natu had caused the attack.

“Where’s the buggy?” Jean asked inquisitively, never to forget a detail.

“Kris took it back,” replied Lisa, lying. She didn’t want to even give Jean a chance at discovering Gavin’s psychic powers, otherwise the entire Primary School and eventually City would soon know.

“OK.”

As Jean ran off to see Wes and Aipom, Lisa turned back to Gavin to see that his brown eyes were wide open and he was smiling faintly. “Thanks for covering for me,” he said softly, still looking dazed after using his abilities. “Whoa … I am NOT doing that again.” Gavin stared at Natu, and quickly recalled him into his Moon Ball, and then suddenly noticed that his cast had come off. He slipped his arm out, and examined it with disbelief. “What the …”

“I know … cool hey,” said Lisa.

“Thanks for covering me,” Gavin repeated blankly, still staring with wonder at his healed arm.

“No prob,” Lisa said, grinning. “Come on, Mum and Dad will be wanting to see us back safely.” Gavin nodded, and the two close friends both stood up and made for the door. Then, as a very serious afterthought, Lisa turned back. “Aipom, come with me.” Her monkeyish pokemon was prone to running onto the road, and Lisa shuddered when she thought of such a thing.

Wes and Jean both groaned at this. “Lisa, Aipom’s fun to play with!” moaned Jean at once, and Wes’ face echoed her words. Lisa’s smile wavered.

“Sorry guys, but this guy hasn’t learned road safety yet. C’mon, Aipom.”

Aipom nodded, obedient for the first time Lisa could remember, except against the fight for their lives. Maybe he had turned over a new leaf? Aipom sprinted across the lawn to reach Lisa. Strangely, halfway across the grass, he appeared to slam into thin air, and keeled over, crosseyed. Gavin and Lisa exchanged amused glances, until suddenly something abruptly clicked in both their minds. Maybe it was just because they had been just reading a book all about legendaries (but particularly Suicune) but their minds both jumped to the same conclusion.

Lunanine

“Wes, Jean, don’t move!” urged Lisa in a panicky voice, and her two younger siblings stared at her in surprise. They both looked confused, and began talking and ignoring their sister, but Gavin backed Lisa up.

“Just stay over there, we think something’s wrong – Lisa will come over and get you …”

Within moments, Gavin had sent out his Girafury, the evolved form of Girafarig, onto the lawn, as Natu was very weak, and prepared to use Radar Eye. Lisa, meanwhile, had walked in a wide semicircle around the garden, and had now reached Wes and Jean on the other side, and urged them to walk back to the portico while Gavin dealt with Lunanine, the Dark Dog pokemon who could make himself invisible at will, except when exposed to special psychic energy.

Once Wes and Jean were safely back on the portico with Lisa, Gavin and Girafury glared at the air, where both Lisa and Gavin were sure Lunanine lingered. At Gavin’s sudden command, Girafury’s golden yellow fur ruffled, and an abrupt beam of scarlet transparency, similar to a widened pokeball beam, shot out into thin air, nearby Aipom, who was slowly waking up.

Wes and Jean gasped loudly as an enormous dog-like creature appeared from nowhere. It had a massive head, which looked too big for it’s body, and four short legs, which were as wide as tree trunks. Its eyes glinted redly, and it’s teeth seemed large enough to kill Aipom in one bite.

As the two younger ones sprinted into the house screaming, Lisa and Gavin themselves were little more than shocked. Lunanine seemed bigger this time, though in the broad daylight it was a very different situation to the gloom of the video vault in the Radio Tower.

“I can’t believe it …” stuttered Lisa, staring at the huge black creature.

“Well, hurry up and battle it, I can’t do everything for ya,” cried Gavin, standing tall beside Girafury, ready to consolidate both their Psychic powers in an instant if necessary.

Seeing Lunanine was a really big deal … even glancing Suicune once in your life was amazing, but seeing it as many times as Lisa and Gavin had was stunning. Lunanine was even rarer than Suicune and the other legendary dogs … seen barely five times in recorded history. But here it was, standing tall before Lisa and Gavin, for the second time. Why had it revealed itself to them on two occasions now, when it had only been seen about four times in history? Why? What secrets did he hold? And why was Suicune following them? Lisa felt that she needed to study her book a great deal.

Lunanine stood for barely a few seconds as Lisa and Gavin puzzled over his appearance, it’s mouth and eyes conveying no secrets or emotion, before it’s body slowly began to dissipate.

Dratini and Fiskmire had barely appeared on the lawn, and began launching Ice Beams, than Lunanine disappeared into thin air, leaving Lisa, Gavin and all the pokemon feeling as though it had been the biggest anticlimax ever.

“It finally appears, out of nowhere, and I just STOOD there!” cried Lisa, angry at herself. “ It would’ve been so easy to fight it!” She finished arrogantly. Her voice was filled with unshed tears of frustration .

“D’you think it’s still there?” Gavin asked slowly, staring at what could either be thin air or a huge legendary pokemon.

“Nah, it’d be long gone now,” Lisa said slowly, her eyes downcast, and a weight settling back on her shoulders. She suddenly felt as though the confused weight had been there for a while now. Her world didn’t seem as innocent as it did a couple of months ago. When she first saw Suicune, Entei and Raikou, she had thought it a great start to a journey; a one-off experience. But after Lunanine in the Radio Tower, and meeting Gavin, not to mention the Rocket who attacked her earlier, Lisa couldn’t help but think something very sinister was going on – somewhere – behind the scenes of her life.

Most pokemon were returned and both friends felt bored and gloomy, let down after the excitement of Lunanine’s abrupt appearance. Had it been there coincidentally? Lisa highly doubted it – her whole encounter with the legendaries since October seemed almost like fate – they had an abnormal tendency to come near her – Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lunanine. And Gavin had thought he saw Lugia once, but of course it turned out to be his Ditto.

It all seemed very puzzling. Lisa scooped up Aipom from the ground and returned him to his pokeball, as Gavin turned the doorknob and began to enter the house. However, as he twisted the golden handle, it turned itself and swung wide open.

Lisa’s parents stood there together in the entry – her brown-haired mother, who wore a worried expression, and her Dad, who looked unusually serious, his black eyebrows frowning with concern.

“Lisa …” Dad began, frowning. “Wesley and Jean just told us something we think requires some discussion.”

Lisa was expecting her parents to embrace her for her return from up north, and take her into the kitchen or on the veranda for lemonade or a snack. Their seriousness was odd to her at first. But then, as usual, her curiousity was aroused. What did Wes and Jean know that was so important? And that involved her?

“What is it?” she asked slowly.

Mum spoke up. “They just made mention of a pokemon outside – a scary one. And then they explained a lot about pokemon … including a certain adventure of yours to Goldenrod,” she paused, allowing Lisa’s mind to tick over.

Goldenrod! Of course. Her parents had not been allowing Lisa outside of Ecruteak at all. It was Tom who gave Lisa permission, not them, and Tom required her to be home a few days prior to their return. Her parents were supposed to be kept in the dark about the kids breaking the sternly-enforced rule.

“Uh oh.” Lisa couldn’t suppress a sheepish grin.

Mum and Dad’s eyes both glinted for a moment. “Let’s discuss this situation – all of it – over some lemonade, shall we?”

Lisa smiled again. Even her angry parents were glad to finally have their daughter home.

“Tentacraw, come on, we have a way to go yet,” called Marina, her ghostly pokemon Tentacraw hovering in the water ahead, dragging along Marina’s canoe.

She couldn’t wait to see Lisa again. Ever since the party after the Whirlpool Cup Final, they had not even spoken, or seen each other, but Marina was hoping to catch up with Lisa as they had arranged – over Christmas. When Marina went sobbing to Ecruteak a few days ago to visit the tree where Anna died – it had been all over the news – she had meant to find Lisa also, but Lisa had been in the province up north.

Now, by lucky chance, Marina had found that the river she was drifting down just for the pleasure of it (she spent most of her time floating in the coves, inlets, rivers or lakes with her pokemon) would eventually lead to Ecru Lake, right in Ecruteak.

“Lisa should be home this time,” Marina hoped. She was still a bit silent after Anna’s incident with Entei. She was glad she had strong pokemon to assist her if anything like that was to happen to her.

There was an abrupt rustle in the trees which overhung the River Azura up ahead, and Marina’s heart leapt in fear. She quickly convinced herself that it wasn’t what her mind was thinking; Entei, come to attack her, like poor Anna. It was just a pokemon, she thought. An Ekans, at the very worst. Just as a precaution, Marina threw out three more pokeballs, revealing Golduck, Starmie and her most recent find, a Mudkip.

They all leapt into the flowing water. Tentacraw continued to pull the raft along, so the rustling branches drew ever nearer, until …

Just as Marina’s raft passed the branches, there was a shout and two people leapt out of the tree, landing abruptly onto the raft, backed up by a Crobat and a Venomoth. Typically of the rocket gang, one was male and the other a young woman.

Marina reacted so very quickly that both the team rocket members were subdued instantly; she yelled out “Mudkip, Water Wheel”; “Golduck, Psybeam” and; “Starmie, Swift!”

Marina’s pokemon were very powerful, as she had a knack for training water pokemon. It was the skill which had won her the Whirlpool Cup. Psybeam and swift hammered the Crobat until it fainted, while Mudkip’s water wheel weakened Venomoth. Tentacraw, Marina’s most experienced Pokemon and her best ‘friend’, was strong enough to take care of himself. His ghostly tentacles lashed at the men and the moth, then they wrapped them up tightly, and with a grunt Tentacraw extending his tentacles and launched the villains far away.

Panting heavily, Marina sat down, shocked with what had just happened – so rapidly, too. At least she had got out of THAT mess, before it had really begun.

Behind her, a periscope followed, mostly submerged.

Lisa’s dark hair waved behind her freely in the wind as she stood on the balcony from her bedroom. The wooden planks were cool to her hot feet, and the evening breeze whistled through the wind-chimes Lisa hadn’t seen since the warm October. Below her, she could see the pool glittering in the dusklight, the green grass and the garden. Elekid, Dratini and Aipom were apparently playing hide and seek with Gavin’s pokemon. Fiskmire had gone with Miki for a training session at the dance theatre.

The heavy book beneath Lisa’s hands was muddling her. The first two chapters were about all the legendary pokemon apart from Suicune. Raikou, Entei, Ho-oh, Lugia were included, along with some others – Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew and Mewtwo, which Lisa had scarcely heard of. There was some sort of legend or myth about Ecruteak and the pokemon there. The Tin Tower and the Brass Tower had both stood proud for centuries, until, around 1400 AD, the Brass Tower had just burned down out of the blue. The pokemon at the top just flew away forever … never returning.

Some reports in the book spoke of Entei and a Giant Gengar having a fight, others spoke of Ho-oh, who lived in the tin Tower, some referred to Lugia and others blamed the inferno on a lightning strike. But, given the fact that the stories were 600 years old, how reliable could they be?

Still, they mentioned the legendaries. Lisa wondered where she and Gavin fitted into everything. Perhaps there was some sort of link between them and Suicune … but how? Did the reason for Suicune and Lunanine following them go back six centuries?

The glass door slid open and Gavin appeared on the balcony. Lisa shut her book as he shut the door behind him. “It’s nice out here,” said Gavin.

“Mm hmm,” replied Lisa, feeling the wind blow her hair back still more, whistling its tune through her ears. The sun had merged into the sky, which was now streaks of pink, yellow and rare tinges of blue to the west. The city of Ecruteak was spread out before them. Lisa could easily see the Tin Tower, where she had never been, and the Burned Tower, where the rest of her life had begun in the not-too distant past. The new Pokemon Gym was also visible – a large stone building, very ugly.

“You been reading that book?” Gavin crossed the balcony and leaned over the wooden railings beside Lisa.

“Yeah … stuff about Suicune, and so on.”

“Cool,” said Gavin, standing beside her and leaning on the railings. “Well I’ve not had my plaster cast on for a good eight or nine hours now,” he said, showing her his weak-looking arm. “I don’t need it any more.”

“That’s great,” said Lisa, barely enthusiastically.

“I’m bored.” Gavin said abruptly.

“Hmm?” Lisa allowed the cool breezes to carry her into a pleasant state of semi-dreaming.

“I’m bored,” he repeated.

“Well fine, I can take a hint!” Lisa jerked herself from her dreaming to reply in a mock-dramatic way. She threw her hand onto her forehead melodramatically, and began giggling.

He laughed. “Very funny … no, I just mean … look …” Gavin found he was unable to talk for a moment. He had spent more than a year with a shattered life, not knowing who his real friends were, being misled so very much, until he found his uncle Eusine, and then Lisa, that he found he couldn’t even remember what it was like to have a real friend. “Well, you know I’m psychic,” he said abruptly, feeling the word sizzle on his tongue like a horrible swearword and trying to get his thoughts into line.

“Yes, I know only too well,” she said, remembering the time when Gavin had revealed everything about his psychic powers and the reason for them to her on the boat to Red Rock Island. “Why?”

“Well … I just want to have a bit more … fun,” he said slowly. A very odd expression was crossing his face. Like he was constipated. But not quite.

“Fun?” Lisa repeated, wondering where this conversation was going.

“I just mean I want to travel again, you know, roaming the countryside, it was so much fun walking around between Olivine and Moo Moo farm, before we got that damn buggy,” said Gavin, sounding as though the words were making themselves up as he went along.

Lisa couldn’t remember Gavin doing anything but complaining and whining on the trip between those two places, but she nodded along anyhow. “I can’t Gavin … I mean Mum and Dad just argued with me, although we sorted it all out in the end … but I can still tell that they don’t like the idea of me just running off around the country.”

“What, I thought they didn’t like you travelling at all? Isn’t it like FORBIDDEN for you?”

Lisa blushed. “Well, I told them about how I fared independently since I left Ecruteak, and how I … took care of myself.”

Her grin was almost as cheeky as Jean’s. “You glossed over a few facts?” smirked Gavin. “Slipped your mind about being kidnapped twice, nearly shot and killed, Anna’s death and Suicune’s appearances?”

“And the Radio Tower,” chuckled Lisa. “Although Tom’s bound to ‘accidentally’ tell them one day.” She paused, getting down to ‘business’. “I like travelling too, Gavin, I’ve always wanted to … but people who journey have a goal, you know. They don’t just walk around just for the hell of it.”

“I know that,” Gavin sighed. “But you have a goal. You want to find out about Suicune. And I want to develop my Psychic powers.”

Lisa sighed even more deeply. “Suicune is in Ecruteak. I don’t need to travel to find out about him. Besides, why do you want to develop your psychic powers?”

Gavin looked as though he had just been shot in the head. “I told you all about it on the boat.”

“What boat?” she muttered

“Frank’s boat, you remember?!” spluttered Gavin.

“Frank’s boat?” burst out Lisa. “That was in November! Like … almost two months ago! I don’t have a memory that good.”

Gavin spoke slowly and darkly. “I have to develop the psychic abilities of myself and my pokemon because the Great Psychic Legend will come and challenge me for a fight to the death. If a Luper family descendent ever wins against this legend, the curse placed on our family will be lifted forever. If he or she loses, that person dies and the curse goes on.

“If I could be the one to free out family from this curse after so many years … it would mean I could live a life longer than twenty years. It would mean all my cousins and relatives, and my own kids … could life normal lives. I wish I could be that person,” said Gavin, a lump building in his throat.

Lisa stayed silent for a minute. It was information she had been told, and forgotten. In one ear, then out the other; the Whirlpool Cup matches in November had driven her mind to think of herself rather than Gavin’s confession a few days before. She had almost ignored him. A huge feeling of selfishness came over her. “I’m sorry,” she said at last, unable to find any more words.

“That’s alright, it’s not your fault.”

“No, I mean, for ignoring you all this time. I virtually forgot how hard it was for you. I have a family, Mum, Dad, siblings, and I take them for granted all the time. You don’t have any of them.”

Gavin’s mind flickered. ‘I might …’ he thought.

“Yours have all been killed, and you have to live life alone, without anyone to be your family, or friends,” continued Lisa, and Gavin winced as though an icy blade had been shoved through his stomach. He tried to block out his past … especially the past year. It was too painful; upon reflection, he couldn’t see why … he didn’t even know what Lisa was going to be like, then he met her …

“I’m really sorry, Gavin,” Lisa finished, working herself up into a big dramatic tizzy, and Gavin almost laughed at how upset she was. She was almost sobbing as she threw her arms around him for a moment, then drew back. A stupid smile wavered on Gavin’s face for a second.

“How sorry?” he asked. “Because there is one thing you could do that you forgot about … when we were in the Radio Tower, before Lunanine, how you said you’d give a practice battle outside?”

“Oh my God, you remembered that?” cried Lisa.

“Yeah … so how bout we battle now then?”

Lisa paused. “It’s night … I hate battling at night … but I’ll battle tomorrow, for sure,” she paused, seeing his glum face. “But do you like basketball?”

Before Gavin could reply, she darted into her room, threw down her legendary book, opened a cupboard and drew out a basketball, spinning it skilfully on her finger.

“I’m the best player you’ll ever see,” she grinned, briefly remembering her friends from the basketball team last year … most of whom she had not spoken to for some time. Almost everyone she had been to school with, until they all graduated along with her last year, had drifted into the city, never to be seen again. Lisa’s friends from both school and basketball – Charmaine and Tuscany - still contacted her regularly. Not since October though … she would have to get back to them one day.

“You’re on then!” grinned Gavin. “I’ll be down there in a minute.”

Lisa nodded, bouncing up and down, and sprinted off to the corridor and down the stairs. Gavin stood up on the balcony, sighing. Basketball would be fun, for a change, but … the dammed up feelings and confessions were eating him alive. He could hardly bear it.

The wind chimes tinkled softly as he walked back inside, and felt a sudden soft crunch under his feet on the wooden floorboards. Staring down at his feet, Gavin bent down and saw something like a chain … a necklace, he decided, picking it up. It was wedged in between two of the boards, and looked like the shine of it had faded. Gavin picked it up, put it in his pocket, and instantly forgot about it.

Gavin was feeling bitter inside at that moment. It was like being friends with Lisa had hacked into his soul and unlocked pain he had tried to put behind him. He knew why, but he just couldn’t come face to face with it.

“You’re a stupid, stupid man, Gavin!” he muttered angrily, slamming the door of Lisa’s room shut and running downstairs for basketball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gavin might have got his ‘wish’ – Lisa and him might just have to travel again.

Lisa sighed. “So, Hiro, you need me to get a badge for you?”

Nurse Joy’s Sandshrew chase might have been a little insane, but now it’s gone too far …

Nurse Joy had lost sight of Sandshrew a moment before, but could feel its presence nearby, as well as something massive – the Tin Tower, rising up over the entire city. She knew it was very close by.

… and she has landed herself in a heap of trouble.

A high-pitched shriek reverberated into her ears, followed by the pelting of heavy quick-paced footsteps. Joy grabbed Issechu with tensed hands and sprinted towards a bush near a pine tree, ducking behind it for a moment, then peering out in fright.

What is this strange situation she has barged into?

A man screamed into the clearing, panting and sweating. He dropped to the ground in a heap of exhaustion, and even in the dim moonlight Joy could make out beads of sweat and blood on his forehead.

Chapter 32 – Tin Tower Terror.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:54 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Nice chappy. I never thought that Lisa would play basketball.And that match between Marina and the Rockets was really fast.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

another interesting chapter. If the two travelled, where would they go? It would be interesting. I bet Lisa has to win the badge that Hiro didn't get instead of the rain dance badge.

Oh, and i hope Natu evolves! Actually...maybe its better in his cutesy-cool...who knows? lol. Oh, i hope Dratini evolves, Dragonair rules!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Cool chapter! It's too bad she didn't get a chance to fight that Pokemon. A Pokemon that can vanish? It sounds like this one may know Faint Attack, huh? Well, keep up the good work !
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Hmm.... I wonder how Hiro feels about being disqualified from the competition. Good chapter. I'm looking forward to the next one.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Gavin! Whoo! You churned out another chappie ^^

Nice to see some continuity back to EBTV ^^; I should've done the same thing, but I thought after like 18 pages of it, people would remember. But you never never know!

I had to laugh at the teleportation bit, who knew what depths Lisa would stoop to to not pay a cab fare! After all, all she had to do was walk back inside and dial on the courtesy phone! I simply had to laugh at that.

Good to see Jean and Wes again, I hope to see their "epic battle" one day, or at least a game of uno, or Jenga! But Lisa should've given them Elekid to defend themselves in case that evil doggie came after em!

It was nice to see Marina again, and boy, does she have some powerful Pokemon. But I'm starting to wonder, is Entei trying to twart out all the female trainers that are like prophizied to defeat him or something. And that's why he joined Team Rocket. But Tentacraw's really cool ^^

But Gavin's curse is so horrible, I feel so sorry for him I do hope the curse is lifted. But will we see Charmaine and Tuscany at all? But that chain... hmm.. interesting... But once again Gavin's beating himself up. Poor guy *Pouts*

Good work Gavin!

Hmm, now that you think of it, I wonder if the Tuscany mentioned in this chapter is the same one in the croossover?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Who knows.... The author of course, but the author isn't here at the moment..............

Banned

Very interesting... I guess I'm a little late, but I finished reading what's happened so far and it's very well done. I especially like what you've done with Entei. It seems he's willing to do anything to acheive his goals, including siding with Team Rocket! I never really imagined Entei doing anything like that, so it's pretty interesting to see that possibility expanded on.

The other characters are well developed too. The curse over Gavin's family puts him in a desperate situation, knowing that the clock is slowly ticking until that day arrives. It must be very difficult for him... Hopefully, he'll be the one to finally end it.

The EBTV crossover was very interesting too, although once I got to the crossover chapters, I had to go read all of EBTV to find out about what those characters where doing. (Which was really neat as well.) It was a nice touch to see two different stories intersect, and to see the characters differing view points. One wierd thing, Jessica didn't notice the big R on Lenina's outfit... although she probably wasn't paying that much attention. (And probably trying to preserve continuity. ^_^) Lenina was wearing a lab coat over her shirt anyway.

I wonder if the other Legendary Cats are aware of what Entei is plotting? Or if any other Legendaries will make an appearance in the future? Well, I guess the answer will come when you post more chapters, But I have a feeling that Ho-oh will make an appearance soon (well, more than his one line of dialouge much earlier) if the Tin Tower is the focus of the next chapter...

Keep up the great work! ^_^

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well I won't be able to reply as much now because of school has started this week, but here I go anyway!

100Fang Croconaw: Thanks. Yeah Lisa used to play basketball when she was at school! And Marina VS the rockets wasn't really a match ... more like a very fast reflex on Marina's part.

Shiny Marill: Hi again! Well, you'll just have to wait and find out about that, but the next five chapters will reveal some more. There should be at the most fifteen more chapters in the book!

Zeldafan: Hi. Yeah, Lisa would really have been annoyed at herself, and Gavin would have been beating himself up too. Yes, it can vanish! Of course it can! Not faint attack, not at all!

Karania: Well, you can imagine that Hiro would be pretty much devastated. The next chapter will build up a bit more of the 'suspense' - if you can call it that.

Oz: Hey! Yeah, yet another! And I replied to chapter 25 in EBTV too! I thought it would be good to just give a brief idea back to what they had been doing.

Lol, yes, Lisa is always economically minded. Why pay ten bucks when you could have Gavin teleport you home?

I like to throw in some other characters from time to time, especially ones who have a personality like Wes and Jean(as you know, I'm not very good at giving my characters personalities).

I'll leave that theory to your imagination!

Yeah, what a thing to be born into. He really does have the worst luck sometimes.

Seeya!

100FangCroconaw2: Ah yes, I see how you got to that theory!! Interesting concept, too! hmmm ...

Karania2: Yes I am! I'm here! Hi!! I will be here again on Friday too, hopefully with chapter 32!

GeneChild Mewtwo: Hi! It doesn't matter how late you join a story, I started reading 'Love and Sacrifice' when it was very nearly finished, and i still managed to keep up with it.

Thanks for reading! I tried to really get that idea across concerning Entei. He's a very ... uh ... strongminded character.

Thanks for saying that the other characters are well developed, it's always hard for me to see if they have much personality or not. Sometimes I feel that Lisa and Gavin are just little boring puppets!

It's good that you enjoyed the crossover, because a lot of work went into it. Oh, and Suicune, Raikou and Entei are Legendary dogs, not cats! ok?

I hope you keep reading!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Advanced Trainer

Nice chappie! I wonder what was the necklace Gavin found?

And cool....Lisa plays basketball....^_^

Hurry up and post the next chapter.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Awesome, looking forward to next chapter.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hyperness: cheers. yeah lisa loves basketball!

Oh, and I have a life remember, so be patient. Wait until Friday!

Karania: thanks. In the meantime, do you want to check out Only human? I don't want to pester, and i know I haven't got around to reading your fics yet, but I really need feedback. Oh well, read it if you have the spare time, if not don't worry!

Seeya!

Lisa the Legend

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

If anyone's interested in checking MY fanfic out, I just posted the next chapter. However, it may be a while before I post the next one. Anyway, I hope the next one for THIS fanfic will be posted soon; I can hardly wait!!
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I really don't have all that much time. I'm trying to get things together to get out of town on Tuesday. SO I've got to pack, and all that good stuff. I'll try to check it out when I can. I really don't think anyone likes my stories. Maybe I'm getting the cart before the horse.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Zeldafan: Thanks. Tomorrow is the day, and that's all I'm saying. Oh, you mean the bittersweet reunion? I've glanced at it a couple of times, but I've never had enough time to sit down and read it. I'll try to, but don't feel bad if I don't continue reading, because Ash, Misty, Brock fics aren't really my thing!

Karania: Don't beat yourself up about your writing! I'll check it out tomorrow arvo and give you my honest opinion!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Yup, that's the one. Hey, don't worry about it. I've been so busy I haven't had time to read it myself .

Tomorrow, huh? I can't wait!
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Thanks. Some people read the prologue and then kinda got a little turned off by ch.1. I don't care what they think about it not being totally original I'm happy with it and if they don't like it that's just too bad for them.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Zeldafan: Yep! Today's the day!

Karania: Brilliant! That's the attitude I like to see ... although still do keep your mind open to suggestions and change!

Chapter 32 up in a second!

Lisa the Legend

Hey Gavin! Hows life and all that? I like how this story is going! These last few chapters have had a whole ton of character development, which i really tend to enjoy. Poor guy! I forgot about his problems too! I got too caught up in the side stories! But yea, nice chapters. Can't wait for the next one! ^_^

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Aquababe: Hi! Can I call you Aqua or something, or would you prefer Aquababe?

Character development? Really? Oh thank God! Maybe I can really start building on their characters then, I feel like I've done a rubbish job of it so far!

Gavin will live ... well, I hope so.

The next chapter will be up in a sec. I am just re-re-re-editing now and the chapter really clears up a little bit of mystery!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Shmeh, I don't care! Most people online call me Aqua, or you could just call me Genna, since that's my real name. Up to you. Yeah, I think your characters have been pretty darn well defined all along! YOU HOPE SO?!?!? Gargh! Now I have doubts! ergh. Yeah, I just posted a new chapter too, so in case you wanted to know....^_^ lalalaa....*looks innocently skyward*

Yeah, I'll check back in a few minutes for the next chapter.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Genna: Cool, that's a lot easier!

Lol don't worry about having doubts, everything will become clear eventually and this chapter will help clear something up!

Cheers!

Nice and new!

Chapter 32!

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 32 – Tin Tower Terror.

Lisa’s phone rang at about eight o’clock that night. She excused herself from the kitchen table, at which sat Gavin, Wes, Jean and her parents. Tom and Miki were visiting more rarely than before, as the wedding was gradually nearing. At that particular time they were at the arcade in the city centre, perusing invitation notepads and making final decisions on the décor for the reception.

In the lounge, Lisa pulled up her pokegear phone, pressed the side button and replied. “ Hello?”

“Is that Lisa?” A long-forgotten voice spoke through the receiver and it was a few seconds before Lisa’s mind clicked into action and she recalled the boy.

“Hiro?”

“Hi Lisa! I know I haven’t contacted you in ages, and I know we’ve never really been close friends, but I need you to do something for me!” He said quickly.

Lisa lowered herself down onto the cobalt lounge, telling herself not to step blindly into any agreement she may regret. “It depends what it is, Hiro. I’m not really sure if I can fulfil it, but go ahead.”

It was something major from the tone of his voice. “Listen, I made it to the Johto League,” his reply came all in a rush. “I earned eight badges and my Pokemon are all very advanced. But –”

“That’s great!” Lisa said.

“But something’s gone seriously wrong. One of my badges … turns out it was a hoax. A fake badge, fake gym, fake gym leader, fake victory, fake everything! I’m ready to battle my last opponent, but now I’m not allowed to go any further into the league until I get another badge.”

“That’s horrible!!” Lisa decided not to talk about the entire league situation, as it would take far too long for Hiro to explain about it if she appeared interested. “ You should go get a badge, then.”

“That’s the problem. The contract all trainers sign once they make it to the league states that –” Lisa heard a crackling of paper at the other end “‘once you set foot at Mount Silver you may not leave unless you (a) Win the league, (b) Lose the league, or (c) Decide to forfeit’. I can’t get a badge, Lisa, – if I do, I’ll forfeit the entire tournament.”

Things seemed to be getting more complicated. Lisa sighed. “So, Hiro, you need me to get a badge for you?”

“If you don’t mind … that would be great. Lisa, this would help me to achieve my dream. I’ll completely understand if you refuse, as this is our first chat in ages. But if you say yes, then I’ll be eternally grateful.”

“Forever?”

“For a while, anyway.”

Lisa was not so sure anymore. Hiro had explained his problem and it was up to her whether she would assist an old friend in need or not. Morally, she knew she should. Otherwise, she was uncertain. Suddenly, she remembered her Fog Badge up in her room, on her dresser. Her voice shaking with trepidation, she spoke through the receiver. “What badges do you need, exactly?”

Hiro’s reply was full of hope. “Well, I didn’t earn the Storm badge or the Bolt Badge – oh, or the Fog Badge!”

Lisa’s heart leapt into her throat. Did she really need the Fog Badge for herself? She LIVED in the city, anytime she wanted to now she could rechallenge Morty. As for Hiro, his entire dreams, his lifelong goals, depended on her response. And her means of transport … Lisa reminded herself to ring the Car Insurance Company.

“Hiro, I’m coming to Mount Silver. I have a badge for you.”

Nurse Joy was still chasing Sandshrew down the winding forest paths of the lakeside woods north of Ecruteak, Issechu-gun still in her arms. Nurse Joy had lost sight of Sandshrew a moment before, but could feel its presence nearby, as well as something massive – the Tin Tower, rising up over the entire county. She knew it was very close by.

The furious girl who had lost her sanity briefly at the hands of her ‘sick’ pokemon was now feeling perfectly sane and a little less than terrified. She had heard of stories in the past of people being killed behind the Tin Tower at these early morning hours, when the sun had yet to rise. Serial Killings, murders, odd disappearances always seemed to occur behind the tower which she could now see spiralling up towards the starry black sky. The very air around her suddenly seemed heavy with death and mystery, the curly ferns and plants on the ground suddenly seeming like deadly snakes of evil rising up at her, the innocent calls of Hoothoots suddenly sounding like the shriek of horror.

Naturally, Joy panicked. Issechu was rigid in her arms, and she dropped him with a thud. Her heart pounded, and she suddenly felt sure something was nearby her, closing in. Issechu’s icy wings flapped wildly as it hovered around her flushed face. Joy stared wide-eyed around her, the tall dark trees – Pines, oaks, elms – all rising up and blotting out the streetlights of nearby lakeside estates and screening out the bright, cheering lights of the lake’s marina just a few kilometres away. And she feared that something terrible was going to happen.

Her fears were not unfounded.

A high-pitched shriek reverberated into her ears, followed by the pelting of heavy quick-paced footsteps. Joy grabbed Issechu with tensed hands and sprinted towards a bush near a pine tree, ducking behind it for a moment, then peering out in fright. From the lower angle, she could see the wide back wall of the Tin Tower shrouded partially by trees nearly as tall as it. And abruptly, the source of the frightening commotion was apparent.

A man screamed into the clearing, panting and sweating. He dropped to the ground in a heap of exhaustion, and even in the dim moonlight Joy could make out beads of sweat and blood on his forehead. Although she had been trained as a Pokemon Nurse only, her healing instincts quickly took over, and she dumped the cold Issechu in the bush, racing out unprotected into the clearing where the man lay.

He was breathing unevenly, and looked like death. His face was ghost-white, his eyes wide with terror, and he looked like he hadn’t had nourishment in weeks. Joy placed her cool hand on his cheek, and immediately withdrew it, blood covering her palm. She shied back, but remembered to be a good nurse, and returned to the man, helping him up. He spoke at once, as another high-pitched shriek pierced the cold night air. “Ugh … tell them what it is!” he urged, as Joy’s eyes bulged with astonishment. The man licked his coarse lips and spoke again. “The legend, it’s here, now. It came!!!! It’s my turn!” Joy had no idea what he was speaking of, and began dragging him to the safety of her bush. Her skin was prickling and her vague sixth sense told her again that something horrible was about to happen. With much difficulty she helped the man to his feet, where he tried to run away from her. He was so weak that he collapsed on the ground.

Issechu had risen with its tiny wings out of the bush now and had hovered over to the man’s body. The man was still alive, but his forehead was bleeding still and Joy now noticed a large gash in his arm. She tried to tend to it, but he pushed her back with sheathed strength born purely of terror.

“Leave me!” he screamed. “ It came!! Tell … it ca – tell them …”

Tears of horror and rage were pouring down his cheeks now, but for some reason this made him look stronger. Joy stood at a distance of about two metres and spoke down to the man, confused as she was. “ Who are you? What has ‘come’?” Her voice was calmer than she felt, and she took confidence in that.

He was now crouched down on his knees, and as he answered Joy heard distinctly the high-pitched shriek again, and a sudden shattering noise which resembled a tonne of glass breaking all at once.

“Eusine,” he said softly. “My name is Eusine Luper.” Then his panic seemed to rush back all at once. “It’s coming! – leave me!”

Joy wanted to help the man, but whatever was ‘coming’ didn’t seem exactly like a pleasant thing to meet up with. She edged back, but Issechu remained hovering with the man. “Come here, Issechu,” Joy urged fretfully, now having totally forgotten the Sandshrew she came to find. “We’ll just hide over in the bush, come on.” The bug remained steadfast, and just as Joy strode over, trembling, to retrieve it and hide in the bush, there was an ear-piercing racket and a violet arrow of light shot out of nowhere, streaking through the point Joy had been standing at only a second before. Amazed and shaken, she dropped to the ground, fainting as though a pokemon herself. The man barely took notice of this, and Issechu’s gaze remained fixed to the point of the purple beam’s origin.

A huge black beast bounded out of nowhere and landed with earthshaking power on the sand, making Eusine shake uncontrollably. He bowed his bleeding head, while Issechu made a buzzing noise. The beast, without vocalising in any form, suddenly formed a wide green orb within its jaws. The sphere grew rapidly, and within seconds was the size of a fairly small Snorlax, which filled the jaws of the beast.

The beam was fired as Issechu flapped it’s wings heavily and sent out a vapour of icy gas, which enveloped itself, Joy and Eusine. The sapphire coloured mist was so thick it obscured them for a second, and the luminous jet of green light fired from the Black Beast split through the air fruitlessly.

Issechu, Joy and Eusine reappeared over the other side of the wide clearing, but the beast had pre-empted this, and already turned and fired of a much thinner beam of violet, the same of which he had aimed earlier at Joy. This had an arrow-shaped head, and was dead-on target. But this time, Issechu still had something up it’s clumsy sleeve, and breathed out a glowing jet of cerulean hue, which shaped itself into a circle around Eusine (who was still sobbing away), the unconscious Joy, and it’s own orange self. The icy barrier did its job, and the purple beam hit it, shattered it painlessly, but did not linger to affect the victims any more.

It was now, as Issechu was feeling faint itself, that Joy began to stir. Her face was pushed into the muddy ground, and she moved it upwards to see Eusine still there; alive, but only just. The beast did not see her, but instead decided to rid itself of Issechu, and fired off an intense beam of blackness, intertwined with the darkest possible shade of violet, which collided with Issechu momentarily. It had put up an excellent fight for a small pokemon, and now dropped to the ground beside Joy as the beam collided with it, fainted.

Joy knew well enough to stay silent and still. Eusine was slowly standing up, looking as if he would have rather died on the spot without falling at the hands of the Black Beast. His eyes narrowed, and a bright yellow bead of light appeared on his forehead, before a pencil-thin beam of light shot out at the beast and hit it in the eye. The beast was barely affected, and indeed smiled.

“Your time is up,” it spoke in human language, before forming three orbs the size of cricket balls in its mouth. The beast shot them all out at once, and the golden-white orbs wheeled over to the injured Eusine, hissing like the ocean retreating from the beach, only more angrily. Joy looked up at the moment of impact to see the man’s body silhouetted against the intense glare from the spheres. And caught full view of the horror. The orbs connected with his body, one through his arm, one through his head, and one through his heart. They tore through his body like it was made of air, and he screamed one last, anguished roar before the orbs sliced him to death.

Joy shrieked in shock, fear and terror, as Eusine’s body dropped to the ground.

Dead.

His face was a deathly grey, his eyes open but unseeing. Warm blood was spurting out onto Joy’s clothes, but she didn’t – she couldn’t – notice.

The beast barely looked affected – there was no trace of triumph and power in its eyes, yet no hint of remorse or shock existed – or, if they did, they lingered for an indistinguishable second. Then the Beast turned to Joy, its eyes glinting with crimson anger. A witness must die. A beam, one of the small, purple variety, arrowed out from his mouth to the ground where Joy lay. She screamed, as death plunged towards her, and ducked down. Moments later she felt something spear her shoulder, and screamed again. Then a light, floating sensation overcame her, and the blackness closed in.

Lunanine’s eyes flashed fiercely. Joy was gone.

The next morning, the Walters’ household was alive with last-minute rushing. Lisa and Gavin were both racing throughout the house packing final items in their backpacks, before departing to Mt Silver. Hiro’s call had inspired Gavin too to go to the league and meet him, as well as accompany Lisa.

The ebony-haired girl placed the glittering Fog Badge into her pocket, and set her mouth in a determined line. She had fought for it. She had won it. And now she was giving it away. Strangely enough, it no longer mattered.

“Gavin, come ON!” she yelled down the staircase. She ducked back into her room to retrieve her backpack, which was bulging – her Mum had insisted on packing for Lisa this time. After hoisting the bag upon her back, the fourteen year old stepped out onto the balcony. There stood, mucking around pointlessly, Aipom, Fiskmire, Dratini and Elekid. Lisa realised her pokemon party had diminished since she earned her Fog Badge – Magneton disappeared and Issechu returned to Joy at the centre …

Joy at the centre!!

Lisa had completely forgotten to mention to Joy that she was going away for a couple of weeks. Her job there might be crucial, owing to Joy’s poor Nursing Skills. Joy had the instinct, but not the ability. Lisa began to feel very stupid.

She rushed down the stairs in a flurry, accidentally clotheslining Wes on the way down the stairs. She barely noticed, and reached the kitchen as Gavin was speaking to her parents.

Lisa’s mother held a large bouquet of multicoloured flowers in her hands, while she filled a vase with water and jammed the flowers in, before racing out to yell at the kids. Gavin was talking to Lisa’s Dad, who was refusing a hundred-dollar note that Gavin was waving before him.

“I insist … you’ve been so hospitable towards me!” Gavin muttered, his tone of voice out of character. “Just take the money, really, it’ll show my appreciation.

“You’re very welcome, Gavin, but money doesn’t –”

“GAVIN! WE HAVE TO GO!” screamed Lisa, careering into the table.

“Well, well, somebody’s hyper,” grinned Dad.

“I haven’t told Joy that I’m leaving yet! She might need me,” Lisa wailed to Dad.

Before the dark-haired father could reply, Lisa’s mother walked back into the kitchen, and picked up her flowers. The scent and the image, not to mention Mum’s natural instinct, calmed everyone down at once. Lisa’s Mum looked up. “Oh, Lisa, I forgot to tell you ... Charmaine rang while you were up north.”

Lisa was stunned as she recalled another friend who she hadn’t spoken to yet. “Oh, I’ll have to ring her back. Right after I call Joy.”

Mum held up a calming hand and spoke in a soothing manner. “You go off to Mount Silver. Don’t worry. I’ll give Charmaine your phone number; she’ll ring you later. And I’ll stop in at the centre to tell Joy personally, don’t worry. Just be back in a few days, alright? It’s only a week until Christmas.”

Lisa’s mind immediately relaxed, then tensed again. Christmas! Of course … it was Thursday the 19th today … only about a week to go. It appeared nobody in the house had noticed, what with Lisa’s trips, and her parents arriving home, and Tom and Miki’s wedding preparations, nobody had even given a thought to Christmas. Or had they?

There was a shriek from the lounge room. “MUM! Wes keeps messing up my tinsel!”

“She’s putting it on wrong, it looks all spasticated like that!” Wes’ voice hollered back.

Lisa and Gavin turned the corner and peered into the lounge. In front of the huge front window, Jean and Wes had set up the Christmas tree, tinsel draped over at odd angles. Lisa suddenly noticed Gavin’s ditto was also helping.

“Aren’t you taking Ditto, Gavin?” Lisa asked.

“I let Wes have him while we’re away,” replied her friend. “Ditto likes him anyway.”

This was most likely the cause of the increased arguments between Wes and Jean recently. Jean pouted and looked sternly at Lisa. “If you don’t catch a Pokemon for me while you’re away, you’re dead.”

Coming from the tiny Jean, this would have seemed hilarious to any stranger. But Lisa knew Jean was a tough little kid, and while Lisa was a lot stronger, Jean sure could do enough damage. And besides, she really did want a pokemon.

“Sure,” replied Lisa.

“OK, bye then!” cried Jean, happily for a change. Wes echoed her, and Gavin spoke to Lisa.

“Ready to go now, then?”

“Mm hmm,” she said.

Then there was the custom hugs and kisses amongst the family, and left-handed handshakes and hugs between Gavin and Lisa’s parents.

“Take good care of her,” said Lisa’s Dad, firmly and unsmiling, to Gavin.

“I will.”

Lisa snorted. “As if, Dad. I take care of him most of the time. He couldn’t fend for himself if his life depended on it. I have to feed him half the time,” she grinned, gesturing to Gavin’s arm, which was now out of it’s cast but still very weak. Something had happened to it when Gavin teleported, and it had healed back to usual.

Gavin ignored her. They said final farewells for the trip (and Mum burst into tears of pride in her daughter), and then walked outside to where a very small, very cheap but otherwise identical buggy was parked. When the company heard of the broken buggy of Kris’, they arrived early in the morning and surveyed what Lisa had left – an unmistakeable mechanical part – and provided a three-day free buggy hire. This solar-powered buggy was supposedly much stronger that the last, and would take them to Mt Silver in a couple of days. Lisa couldn’t wait to see Hiro again – and to see him battle. She could have sent him the badge via post, but this was the excuse she needed to begin journeying again.

Gavin leapt into the driver’s seat, then leapt back into the passenger’s seat as Lisa slapped him playfully. Aipom appeared from nowhere as he often did, and leapt onto Gavin’s head, wrapping around it tightly and messing up Gavin’s jet black hair.

“Aipom, the living turban,” smirked Gavin, pushing the monkey off his head. Aipom then took up a hanging position on the black bar at the rear end of the buggy. Gavin placed his and Lisa’s backpacks at his feet. Lisa then honked the horn loudly, and started the motor, waving to her parents, and her siblings, as she cruised away from her home and down the street, to Silver City.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa just loves being on the open road, nice and free, taking a break from her mother … or not ...

“Mum I’m fourteen; nearly fifteen! I can drive without crashing!” Lisa protested, while the buggy swerved violently off the side of the road.

But overall, the trip to Mt Silver is going along well.

The sun suddenly slipped away and Lisa realised they had driven into the shadow of the Ice Path almost directly before them.

Of course, something would just have to happen to knock them off track.

The rumbling was becoming ever-louder, and Lisa began to feel apprehension build up like a toxin in her stomach. The stalactites and stalagmites began to tremble, and one near Elekid shattered.

Chapter 33 – Icy Inferno.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:55 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Advanced Trainer

Ohh........poor Joy, and Eusine.....

What does Lunanine want I wonder....it seems quite....evil but not evil....hard to describe.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

wow, nice chappie. I thought Wes and Jean were cool ^^. Like my cousins, the attention-seeking little...ANYWAY, i hope Lisa gets Jean something. NO DITTO! noooooooooooooo

Anyway, next chappie sounds good fun. Especially the crashing part...

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

This chapter is great! The fight scene at the Tin Tower sure was suspenseful. I'm glad Lisa is going to help Hiro out.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Hey cool chappy! Wer on the road aaaaagain. hehe Ok I can't sing but XP. Can't wait for the next one (as usual) I'll try to reply more often then like once every 10 chapters lol. Seeya,

~Pichu
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Looks good to me. Keep it up!

Banned

Another great chapter. So now we know more about what Lunanine is after, but we still don't know why... Well, I'm looking forward to finding out, so hopefully the next chapter is up soon. ^_^

Lisa and Gavin are travelling again! Yay!

Although... maybe you mentioned it before in the story and I forgot it, but for some reason when I read the line about Gavin's black hair, up to that point, I had always thought his hair was brown... I'm not sure why I thought that however.

As for the cat/dog-ness of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune... I heard (read?) someone on a different board call them Legendary Golfballs... ^_^

Well, Keep up the good work!