Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Wowie.....took me some time to read these chapters...*was distracted*

Melikes so far waht was written....*grins*

Will comment next chapter.

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

This morning, just before waking up, I had my first dream about Lisa The Legend.

In my dream, I was reading the story, and it was talking about Gavin. Gavin was flying in an airplane. The co-pilot was outside of the cockpit when the pilot called out to him to come back in quickly to see what he sees. Remember the mysterious orange-redish flame Lisa saw shooting through the sky? Well, The pilot saw this in front of the plane, flying through the air, right towards the cockpit. Gavin then got up, and went into another room on the plane.

At this point in the story, it said something about how in that room: " 'the Gavin Egg' (or 'Gavin's Egg') was cracking open, but nothing happed." Then I woke up.

I have no idea why I remembered that flame in the sky that Lisa had seen, but in my dream it seemed to be about to fly into the plane. The dream actually fit in with the real story. Gavin was gone when Lisa saw the flame, so it is possible that he could have been above her in a plane. I just don't know where the egg came from. When I read about the egg breaking open, it was kind of like in GSC, how it said about the egg cracking, but then said that nothing happened instead of saying what hatched.

Have any of you ever dreamed about this story?

Gavin, good luck in writing the next chapter. I am looking forward to finding what really happened.
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm back from my holiday now, so I'll get chapter 41 posted very soon. It's shaping up very well already.

I won't reply to you guys right now because, frankly, it would take forever and I know yous would rather me spend the time writing the next chapter (i'm about a third way done). So, seeya soon, and cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ta-da! Have fun guys!

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 41 – Waterfalls and Warnings.

Excluding a few bouts of summer drought, Ecru Lake had experienced a very pleasant year. There had been plentiful rain and the banks of the River Kymor, which flowed into the Lake through the Northern Mountains from Kohtu and Houen, were flourishing with new life. Plentiful ferns and reeds overhung the crystal clear river, which was always flowing steadily from the peak of Mt Myrias. The fauna fared equally as well, with many tadpoles already developing into strong little Poliwag. Even some Mudkip and Chinchou had been spotted at the bottom of the waterfall, where the river met the lake.

The waterfall ran down a steep rocky face, frothing at the foot into the lake, which was a very pretty crystalline azure colour. At the foot of this waterfall, on a thin stretch of sand, stood Marina and Lisa, each holding a fishing rod. Lisa was highly dubious of their spontaneous venture.

“How many fish d’you think we’re gonna actually catch at the bottom of a waterfall?” Lisa asked, dragging her fishing rod around in a small circle, wondering if the bait was still hooked on. “Still living fish, I mean,” she added, staring up the torrent of water rushing down the precipice.

Marina grunted, she was casting her line out for the third time – twice now it had snagged on some reeds which had popped up in the middle of nowhere. “Lots of fish can actually survive the fall downstream,” she said matter-of-factly. “And some Poliwag breed in the lake itself.”

“I don’t want a Poliwag,” said Lisa dully. The sun was beating down harshly on her tan skin, and it was beginning to burn. She looked longingly around at all the shade which bordered the lake.

Lisa had been to the lake a lot as a child but she had not noticed it as much as she did now, probably because she had not been at this side of the lake before. It was a large lake on the northern edge of town, probably a kilometre by two. Trees lined the lake all the way round, except for the cliff face and a short stretch of sand that was used as a beach by the people of Ecruteak. Even now as Lisa looked, she could see a couple of families swimming and splashing around at the distant end of the lake.

The girls were fishing about fifty metres from the waterfall. Lisa was gazing round at the treetops which were a part of the Emerald Forest when she noticed a tall formation that was not a tree.

“Is that the Tin Tower?” Lisa asked Marina, but she already knew the answer. The very top of the tower could be seen through the peaks of the foliage; it was made of shiny redwood, and there was a large shrine – Lisa had heard – at the top. The shrine would be very interesting … it was where Ho-oh was rumoured to roost.

Not Ho-oh, Lisa reminded herself. When she had had that awesome ride on the phoenix, it had said – very simply yet at the same time very confusingly, “Ho-oh is not my name.” Lisa had yet to figure out what that meant.

Sitting there, fishing serenely while the waterfall gushed distantly, Lisa very nearly blundered. She almost said to Marina “Do you think Ho-oh is still out there?” but she cut herself off after “Do you –”. Marina did not know about Lisa’s experiences with legendary pokemon and Lisa had resisted ever telling her. When she had told Anna, Anna had not believed her – she had laughed.

Marina did know a little, though, Lisa reminded herself. She had been at the funeral of Anna’s, she had learned of how she had died. And when Marina had asked her, Lisa, about the events, Lisa simplified them as best she could. She told Marina that her and Gavin had been driving in the buggy when they saw a fire. They approached the fire and there was Anna, up in a tree. Lisa had tried to stop the alibi there, maybe say the fire had begun of natural causes, but even the Police were curious. They admitted there was little explanation for the huge canine footprints found at the fire, and accompanied by Lisa’s statement to them and the fire, plus the appearance of Entei in Olivine only days before, the evidence of Entei attacking Anna was strong. So Lisa told Marina that she saw Entei attack Anna one final time just as they arrived, and then disappear as she died.

It was much much more complicated than that. There had been other legendaries there, Entei had argued, and of course Lisa and Gavin had not simply stood there. They had fought.

“Do I what?” Marina repeated loudly, breaking through Lisa’s memories.

“Hm? Oh …” Lisa said awkwardly. “Don’t worry …” she finished lamely.

Marina looked sceptical. “No, tell me,” she said firmly.

It occurred to Lisa that she could do, that she could explain everything to Marina, everything she didn’t know, but she was experienced at glossing over details – she had done that for the police a couple of times, and especially with her parents and Tom and Wes and Jean.

So she said, “Well, I thought about maybe having a quick battle … I’m out of practice and all … but I realised you’d rather fish, so …”

Marina shook her head, and instantly reeled her line back in. The hook eventually appeared from the water and the bait was still there, untouched. Marina muttered something, which sounded like “Not even a nibble,” then packed her rod back up and fished around in her bag instead, for a pokeball.

Lisa had already reeled her rod in. The bait was completely gone but she had not felt anything at all … perhaps if she had been holding onto the rod she would have noticed a Poliwag or Goldeen snapping up the bait. Too bad. Now she had to battle – for the first time in ages – and wondered if she could do it. But she had to – Marina was already throwing their bags to the side, under a rock, and taking many paces backwards along the sand. Lisa did likewise.

“Three on three sound good?” she called. “Non-continuous?”

“Perfect if you ask me!” replied Marina from many metres away. “Let’s start then! I choose Kingler!”

She threw the scarlet-white pokeball at the sand in front of her; it burst open quickly and returned automatically to her hands. From the radiance within emerged a large, intimidating crab, with shiny, metallic-looking pincers and vermilion spikes on its head.

Lisa held the little charm on the end of her silver necklace Gavin had given her; she had long since worked out how to use it. She held the Aipom-shaped charm between forefinger and thumb, and said loudly “Revelum Aipom!” The charm glowed a luminous orange-gold, then a searingly bright white, then exploded with a burst of light – Aipom appeared on the sand, tail upright. He was ready for action!

“Swift attack!” Lisa yelled.

“Kingler, jump into the water and use a Water Gun!” called Marina.

Aipom flicked his fawn-coloured tail and ran a few metres at Kingler, then curled into a tight purple ball. A volley of about five luminous golden stars appeared, hovering in mid-air, then shot out at Kingler with stunning speed and accuracy. The crab had already sidled over to the shallows of the lake and now released a large jet of clear water straight at the stars. The water gushing at the stars was quite effective; three of the stars were repelled by the water, leaving only two weakly glowing ones to crash into Kingler’s side.

“Nice work, Kingler!” said Marina encouragingly. “Now try using reflect, then crabhammer.”

“Aipom, quick attack then follow up with Doubleslap!”

Aipom went into action first, sprinting lightly towards its waterbound opponent and tackling it in the side without Kingler even seeming to be aware of what was happening. Aipom was already splashing his way back to the shore when the vermilion crab had the thought to set up the reflect.

Kingler squeezed its eyes shut tightly, then gurgled in crab language. The result was a reflective sphere around him, but it was evident that the reflect was not as effective as Marina would have liked it to be. It was flickering intermittently and was a paler brown colour than the ones Lisa had seen previously. Aipom had already moved in and was flicking at the reflect with his tail, trying to slap at Kingler. The reflect wavered dangerously, but did not shatter yet. Aipom was falling back into the shallow water when Kingler moved out from behind its shield and brought its claw down heavily on Aipom, who was shunted into the sand on the floor of the lake. Lisa craned her neck to see if Aipom would recover; he returned to the surface, panting, and Lisa was just about to order an attack when he took matters into his own hands.

The entire body of Aipom glowed a faint yellow, and Lisa felt a sudden thrill of wonder before Aipom opened his mouth and a huge tirade of electric bullets flowed out. Each bullet was electric energy, shaped like a tiny thunderbolt, spearing the air at Kingler. The first few bounced off the reflect, but after a moment the screen shattered and Kingler was pounded with the electric currents. He was knocked out very quickly.

“What the hell was that?” Marina demanded angrily, recalling Kingler into his pokeball.

“Zap cannon, apparently,” said Lisa, flabbergasted. “But I had no idea Aipom knew that attack … it just came out of nowhere.”

She was still pondering about it when Marina said, “Hurry up and choose a new pokemon.” Lisa looked up and remembered they had agreed to have a non-continuous three-on-three battle, in fact, she herself had suggested it.

“Alright,” said Lisa blankly. She turned to Aipom, who was shaking off the water from his fur. “Really good battle, Aipom, we’ll talk more later. Retrahere!” She cried, holding Aipom’s silver charm – Aipom and the charm both glowed a luminous rose gold colour, and the purple monkey disappeared into thin air.

“I choose Elekid!” Lisa withdrew a regular pokeball and lobbed it up in the air – it exploded into brightness halfway and the fuzzy yellow-black Elekid appeared on the sand.

Marina smiled. “No offence, Lisa, but I can read you like a book,” said Marina. “I choose you, Herby!”

Her pokeball revealed the one thing Lisa had definitely not expected – a pokemon other than a water type. The creature facing Elekid was quite a lot taller and wider. It was a pleasant yellow-green hue, with a collection of rolled up herbs around its neck, and a large, flat green leaf atop its head.

“Since when did you –” began Lisa.

“I found her on my canoeing trip. She’s getting really strong.”

“But you’re a water trainer.”

“Well … I decided to diversify a bit. Ready to go on?”

Lisa nodded. She had to win now. Otherwise she would feel even worse than ever about losing. She had underestimated her opponent, a real no-no.

“Elekid, Light Screen!”
    “Herby, Leech Seed!”

Now it was Lisa’s turn to feel a bit disappointed at her pokemon’s performance. She had, admittedly, not spent much time training Elekid, but she had thought his moves were all quite perfected. Evidently not – his light screen did not look very healthy at all. It was a clearish colour with a rainbow tinge to it whenever it reflected the sunlight. Though it should have been a little stronger than Reflect, it looked weaker. Herby, Marina’s Bayleef, fired off a small emerald green seed from her mouth. It flew through the air and went straight through the barrier, sinking into Elekid’s left arm. It glowed a bright white as some of Elekid’s energy was transferred magically to Herby.

“No! Elekid, use Thunderpunch! I mean, quick attack!”

Elekid looked confused, and was still trying to pull the leech seed from his arm, which proved impossible. He then raced at Herby for a Quick Attack, but the leaf pokemon leapt up high and easily dodged the impending damage.

“Quickly now, Herby, use Water Blast!”

Lisa goggled. No way, she thought.

Yes way. Herby leapt into the shallows, just like Kingler had done, and opened her mouth. A stream of water issued from her mouth in a fairly wide stream, slamming into the Light Screen heavily. The screen wobbled for a moment, then gave way and dissipated, leaving the Water Blast to drive Elekid into the ground and knock him out.

The transparent scarlet beam had zoomed Elekid back to safety before Herby’s attack had actually stopped. Lisa was bright red in the face. “The decider, then?” she said, keeping her voice under control. Elekid had been KOed with only one attack, plus a small amount of damage from the leech seed. She felt awfully determined to win this last round at all costs.

Marina recalled her pokemon too, and Lisa was just about to yell out “Dratini, I choose you!” when a few things happened very suddenly and in very quick succession.

Somewhere deep inside the forest which laced Ecru Lake, there was a high-pitched noise and a deeper rumbling. A huge plume of smoke suddenly blossomed from the trees on the opposite side of the lake from Marina and Lisa. A burst of lightning appeared from nowhere, striking a point on the opposite shore of the Lake. Marina cried out in alarm as something arced across the lake right at her and Lisa.

It was Raikou.

Lisa was about to release Dratini to paralyse the incoming dog and keep it still, so she could finally question it, but this proved unnecessary. Raikou landed with a splash in the shallows, exactly where Herby had been only seconds before, and his eyes met Lisa’s. Their gaze was locked for a moment, then suddenly, he winked. Lisa only just caught it, then felt her body simply lift up; she recognised the sensation as her body felt lighter than usual. She was teleporting, Marina at her side.

They landed with a heavy thud in a clearing which looked like it was fairly close to where they had been before. Marina collapsed onto the ground, looking like she had just been beaten up, her eyes closed. She had fainted; Lisa, however, arose quickly – she was used to the feeling of teleportation.

“Raikou,” said Lisa blankly.

The wild dog was standing still near Marina, looking furtively from side to side. It took Lisa only a few seconds to realise he was injured – his yellowy fur was ruffled and there was a gash in his side, though no blood came out.

Raikou caught her eye. //Hello Lisa// he said telepathically. Lisa almost recoiled in surprise; she could not recall being so directly addressed by one of the legendaries.

“Hello,” she said timidly, suddenly remembering the huge plume of smoke and the explosion. “Why are you here, what’s happened to you?”

//Never mind// said Raikou calmly, but he winced slightly as he spoke. //I came to tell you something, Lisa, listen carefully. You must do what I say … time is beginning to run short. You are in much danger at the moment, more so than ever before. Entei has betrayed our kind … you are hunted at the moment.//

Lisa gasped, but the information didn’t really sink in.

Raikou was looking round more furtively than ever before, and now even Lisa could hear distant footsteps, and a branch cracking somewhere deeper in the bush. //You have to train hard, Lisa. Train your pokemon as much as you can, do you understand? You need to be able to protect yourself in the event of … something. Train yourself too … just focus on protecting yourself.//

Lisa nodded, her head feeling light and her brain struggling to understand this. She had to train her pokemon up, apparently.

Raikou began to say something, Lisa could feel the sensation in her head, but just as words began to travel into her mind, a huge stream of fire whooshed through the trees right into the clearing. Raikou cried out as the end of the feathery flames scorched his back. Lisa stepped back a bit.

//Remember what I said// Raikou said to her suddenly, firing a jet of blue at her, a teleportation beam. Lisa blinked, and the world disappeared around her.

“Quick, go in for an Aurora Beam!” Lisa cried eagerly. Fiskmire turned towards his opponents and shot out a rainbow coloured beam at the two offending Poliwhirl. They were floored instantly, blasted backwards and landing on the lake’s shore.

“Great job Fisky!” Lisa congratulated it, before recalling him.

She was at the lake again, much later that same day. Marina was out shopping for a change, and Lisa was glad to have some time alone to simply train up her pokemon. Marina, thankfully, did not seem to remember seeing Raikou at all – Lisa thought that perhaps Raikou had wiped her memory – so she was completely clueless. Lisa did not have the patience to tell her about it.

Now Lisa was training as Raikou has instructed her, and was incredibly pleased with the results. The sun had almost set now, but she had made good progress with each of her pokemon, and was very impressed by their work and their techniques. Vulpix had been able to produce a Fire Tornado, a move which even very high-levelled dragons had difficulty pulling off. Dratini had even been able to use a Dragonbreath attack that was strong enough to knock out a wild Granbull in one shot. Elekid’s Light Screens were improving vastly, though Fiskmire managed to shatter Elekid’s Light Screen with a very accurate Ice Beam.

Lisa was proudest of Aipom and Fiskmire, though. Fiskmire’s Ice Beam was now strong enough to take out four Pidgeottos in one go, and Aurora Beam had fainted two Poliwhirl simultaneously. His Water Blast attack was a bit weak, but still defeated Vulpix in a practise battle.

As for Aipom, his restlessness seemed to have gone completely since Lisa had been keeping him in her necklace charm. He was more able than any of the others except perhaps Fiskmire; Speed Star was so accurate that it hit even when a wild Sandshrew had tunnelled away while maintaining a strong reflect. Lisa felt sure that her pokemon could handle anything thrown up against them now … maybe she could consider fighting Lance.

Filled with pride in her pokemon and hope that she would now be able to protect herself against any enemies that Raikou warned about, Lisa strolled happily home from the lake. She reached home well after dusk, and arrived home to a very nasty shock.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 01:00 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Advanced Trainer

You evil person! A cliffie!!!!! *grumbles*

I wonder what Raikou wanted to warn Lisa about...*sighs* I guess I'll just have to wait to find out....

I liked the way you described the battle....too bad it was never completed....=(

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Very good chapters. Dang no gaudian butterfree to protect Marina from Raiko. Anyway this was a good chapter and it seems that Lisa is destined to battle Entai. I like how Aipom is more willing to train than goof around, and how pokemon training is important in your fic although it is not entirely a trainer fic.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Awwww...and they leave ya hangin' again! (laughs) Oh, don't wory; I'm not mad. In fact, that chapter really had me hooked. I hope the next one's coming soon, because I'm not letting go of the line until it does!!
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Nice chapter! The incident with Raikou (and Entei?) was intriguing, and we now know for certain that Entei is very much alive and after Lisa. Her Pokemon certainly seem to be getting stronger, though I do wish the battle could have been completed. By the way, was that a Bayleef or a Meganium? I had trouble figuring it out, though I'm guessing Bayleef... And who knew Aipom could use Zap Cannon? Weirdness...

You did a good job with both the battle and the suspenseful scene with Raikou, as usual. But I have to wonder: Where did Raikou teleport them to after "talking" with Lisa? Well, this cliffhanger has certainly got me interested, so I'll be anxiously awaiting the next chapter!

EDIT: You know, if Ho-oh resurrected Entei, I wonder if it could "un-resurrect" him, so to speak...
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Great Chapter! I enjoyed Lisa's Battle, I wonder if Elekid will evolve before the crossover? Oh, by the way, what gender is it? Maybe Elekid and Electabuzz could literally spark up?

It's good of Raikou to warn Lisa. My guess is Entei will be tracking her down...and I reckon 'Ho-oh' will help her out against the vengeful dog..

Great work, keep it up!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Banned

So... Entei did survive. Although I wonder... It seems that the Legendary Dogs (Cats ^_^) seem to handle injury and possibly even death differently from normal pokemon... But I don't have too much to back that up.

Although, it's cool to see the Dogs directly interacting with Lisa again. Although, I wonder if anyone's warned Gavin? Or maybe Entei (Or whoever else is doing this) doesn't care about him...

When I read this chapter, something odd came to mind. I wonder if "Ho-oh" doesn't like the name "Ho-oh" as it's somewhat redundant. (The Japanese spelling "Houou" means "Phoenix" in English. Also the Three Dogs' Names have meanings as well, but I don't know them off the top of my head, but they all have to do with ruling over elements.)

And thanks to the last sentance, I really have to know what happens next. Isn't the next chapter the beginning of the Crossover? Well, either way, I can't wait to see the next part. Keep up the good work!

Nice chapter. Lisa's Pokemon seem to be getting a lot stronger with that training. I noticed that Lisa still hasn't read the letter from the Johto Ministry of Justice. Maybe the surprise at her house is a whole bunch of Cop cars in her front lawn.

On the Ho-oh subject, maybe when Ho-oh said his name isn't Ho-oh, he was speaking literally. His NAME isn't Ho-oh, that is just what breed of pokemon he is. He probably has a name that he calls himself. For example, not every Pikachu's name is Pikachu. There could be a pikachu named Bob, or Carl. Maybe Ho-oh's name is The Great Golden Sky Flying Thing, or Inferno?

or

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey guys! It's so great to see such questioning replies ... I'll see if I can answer them ...

Hyperness: Lol, I know, I haven't used a cliffhanger for ages (to my knowledge anyway) so I just thought I might as well throw that in there at the end.

Thank God someone liked the battle, I really don't like my battle-writing, it never comes off quite how I want it to!

Powarun: Thanks. Marina put her Butterfree away while they went training ... she keeps it in a little silver container when she doesn't want it to follow her around, of course it goes to sleep during that time.

Marina didn't need to be protected by Raikou - she fainted from shock, rather than an attack.

Do you think Lisa is destined to fight Entei, eh? We'll see ...

Zeldafan: Again? I haven't left you guys hanging for ages! You had it coming! That chapter had you hooked eh? Good. Next one is coming ASAP, hopefully within a week.

Mr Pikachu: Thankyou very much. Raikou has appeared, yes, good, and Entei, you think. Yeah, Lisa's pokes are getting very strong, she's trained them well, if you want a quantitative answer I'd say they're all hovering around level 40 by now.

Nah, the battle's not gonna be finished. EVER! MWAHAHA. Yeah, it was a Bayleef, Meganium has big pink flowers on its neck i think. Weirdness, that's right! Since when has Aipom been able to use a high-levelled electric attack?

Thanks for reading! Oh, btw, Raikou teleported them back to the lake, but on the side closest to town, where they would be safe.

Shiny Marill: Thanks for reading! Elekid may evolve, it all depends really ... you'll see anyway. Elekid is male, by the way, so I think your theory is kinda shot down in flames!

Yes, Raikou seems to have his heart in the right place, doesn't he? You think Entei and HO-OH will come into the equation? I'll leave you hanging there.

GCM: Mmmmm ... yeah, you're right there, they handle injury differently. I think you noticed that just then, and yes, even death is different for them ... or is it?

Has anyone warned Gavin? Does anybody know where he is?

Interesting thoughts on the 'Ho-oh' naming system thingy. I won't answer, I think you'll work it out yourself.

Yeah, the next chapter should be the start of the crossover ---- I say SHOULD, because I just keep on writing more chapters and pushing the other ones further and further back.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Finally replied, and within 24 hrs. Damn I'm good jk

Oh great, new chappie I was so sad not too see Mini Butterfree. A mini guardian Pokemon fight would be funny. I think Lisa should go buy one now after Raikou's words. She needs to defend herself. Perhaps with a tiny Togetic!

Seems Lisa ain't a fisher. So was that rod hers? Or was it another thing she leeched? Damn Leech! lol. Perhaps Lisa should get a Zubat, it leeches things. Lol.

Oh that battle was fun, go Aipom! He's a lot more powerful now! Great work! Elekid, oh poor thing, it may be a little weak, but it'll be all good! Vulpix needs more screentime IMO and it seems 3rd on the power rating level! Fisky's still No 1 I presume. Heh, followed by Aipom then Dratini then Vulpix and finally Elekid.

That grass Pokemon, I was confused and thought it was that new Water/Grass Type - Lucicido lol. But Raiky turning up was interesting, and I wonder where he teleported Lisa - Probably to like Maccas and she screams "NOOOOO" lol

Still its funny how Lisa keeps people in the dark. And did she try and find Gavin at all? Oh well, great chapter, I can't wait for the next one!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

OzAndrew: Hey! Ready to start work on you-know-what? I'm gonna try and start my part today, I'll see how I go!

Yeah, poor Mini-butterfree wasn't in that chapter (shock horror), but I explained somewhere in my last post where Marina keeps her. Lisa with a tiny Togetic ... interesting thought. You already know what my answer is though.

Nah, you know Lisa! Sitting around with a little bit of string in the water seems absolutely pointless to her. Why bother? Oh yeah, Lisa did leech the rod actually, it's Marina's spare one. Lol ... you know I actually considered Lisa catching a Zubat once, way way back. Didn't happen though.

Yay for Aipom! That necklace cured his restlessness! He's stacks stronger now than he was, say, around the gym battle with Tom. As for the power ratings, I'd say Fisky, Aipom, Vulpix, Dratini and Elekid, then Magneton and finally (ugh) Issechu, though he actually kinda proved himself in chapter 30 odd.

She's kinda given up on finding out where Gavin's got to at the moment because of what happened at the lake, but she'll get back to it eventually.

Seeya later!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey everybody!

Sorry it's taking so long, but you guys know the routine, you know it takes ages for me and oz to get co-ordinated enough to finish the chapter then simultaneously post it. It'll be a little while longer, hopefully less than two weeks. Expect it, at the very latest, at the close of August (let's hope it doesn't come to that).

Meanwhile, I'd love it if you guys asked some questions about the fic, ask as much as you want, I'll reply as best I can to answer your questions.

Till next time then!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Good chapters. Please continue.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: I sure will, you know that.

More on the way!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

If your bored I'm kinding of losing track of what main characters have what pokemon.

Listing them could be nice =).

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Cyndaquil7! Omg ... I haven't seen you around here for ages and ages and ages! You haven't replied for so long? Are you still reading this? I hope you are, you were like one of my most dedicated readers.

But sure, here's a list. I'm bored anyway.

Lisa:

Aipom (obtained before Chapter 1)
    Fiskmire (evolved from Quagsire in Chapter 24, who evolved from Wooper in Chapter 7)
    Dratini (caught in Chapter 10)
    Elekid (given to Lisa by Jack the Sailor in Chapter 12)
    Vulpix (caught in chapter 14)

Gavin:

Natu (obtained before Chapter 5)
    Staryu (caught between chapters 7 and 8)
    Girafury (evolved from Girafarig in Chapter 29; Girafarig obtained from Lisa in Chapter 8)
    Green Lanturn (caught in Chapter 10)
    Ditto (caught in Chapter 18)

Marina:

Starmie (obtained before Chapter 17)
    Golduck (obtained before Chapter 17)
    Tentacraw (obtained before Chapter 17)
    Mudkip (obtained before Chapter 30)
    Bayleef (obtained before Chapter 40)

Wesley:

Omanyte (given to him by his parents in Chapter 39)

Jean:

Bulbasaur (given to her by her parents in Chapter 39)

Kris:

Wigglytuff (evolved from Jigglypuff before Chapter 38)
    Butterfree (given to her from Lisa in Chapter 20-21)
    Ledian (evolved from Ledyba before Chapter 38)
    Misdreavus (obtained before Chapter 2)
    Feraligator (evolved from Croconaw before Chapter 38)
    Growlithe (caught in Chapter 20)

Hiro:

Typhlosion (evolved from Quilava before Chapter 35)
    Venomoth (evolved from Venonat in Chapter 4)
    Dewgong (evolved from Seel before chapter 35)
    Heracross (caught in Chapter 3)
    Weedle (caught before Chapter 2)
    Furret (caught before Chapter 35)
    Magneton (caught before chapter 35)

Darius:

Dragonair (given to him by Lance, his father, before chapter 35)
    Dratini
    Gyarados

Anna:

Psyduck (caught before chapter 2)
    Scizor (caught before chapter 14)

Tom:

Gastly
    Haunter
    Haunter

Miki:

Umbreon
    Blissey

And, frankly, that's everyone I can think of who is a major recurring character. I think so, anyway. I did Anna because she was kind of important before.

Hope you find the list helpful Cyndaquil!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Wow, thanks. I just re-read it all today to get an idea of what a great fic is like, as I've be tuning my skills up to try and bring something good.

Now I understand these people so much better now ^_^.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Cyndaquil: That's great! I'm glad I helped you!

Are you going to be reading each chapter from now on, or were you just getting ideas?

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

I've been reading each chapter, I just figured I'd start stop being silent. I am actually quite excited to read another piece of the crossover, and so I can get back to reading EBTV.

As I remember, Hiro is most likely my favorite character even if he isn't the most important. I just thought I'd comment on that, hehe ^_^.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I'm guessing that if you mentioned Darius that he's gonna come back into the story soon. It helped, that you listed all of the pokemon each character has.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

huff......huff I've finally am caught up after a week of reading
    well this is a great storie. glad shiny recomended it to me.
    keep it up. I realy hope Gavin returns and I wonder if lisa's dratini and elekid will evolve now that shes traning harder.
    well can't wait till the second crossover.

I am the water king, if you want me look to the dark side of the water i'll be there

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Lisa the Legend

I too think the Character Teams were excellent; Marina's team left my mind completely ^_^;;;

Oh....this may sound weird but I have a question, if Hiro and Kris were the GS/C characters, and Marina has aquamarine hair...are they related or something? sorry, I forget the key facts >_<;;

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey everyone! I'm pressed for time ... Cyndaquil, thanks so much for returning! Karania, yeah ... Watermaster; hi! Thanks for reading. I know, it takes a while to get through but it was hopefully worth it right? I hope you keep reading! And Shiny Marill, Marina and Kris aren't related at all, you'll understand everything later on ...

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Hey Gavin!
    It took me about three days to read the whole thing but I thing it's worth the effort. Made up Pokes were brilliant (Iseechu, Fiskmire and Girafury!!!) but I was let down byt some things.

I'm writing a fic too, I'll probably post it sometime, but the fact of Pokemon killing people just wasn't that right for me.
    In my fic, all legendaries are supposed to be somehow protectors of the world. But with Entei betraying his brotherhood, for an unknown reason as of yet, and even killing Anna, something clutched into me...
    But anyway. I liked it and can't wait to read the next chap!

PS: I hope we could make a crosseover sometime!

Keep it up!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I'm anxiously waiting for the new stuff. Take your time though.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Cooltrainer: Wow! Thanks for reading this! Hopefully the long reading time was worth it in the end, right?

Do you make up pokemon yourself? I haven't made any new ones for ages now, but when I did I found it to be an interesting challenge.

Pokemon killing people? Oh, you mean the Anna-Entei thing. Yeah, strange how that happened. Don't worry, it may seem a bit odd at the moment, but everything is going to make sense one day.

Karania: I know, I know. It's taking me so long. I have hardly any spare time. I still stand by what I said before though ... I hope to have it posted by the end of August.

Spontaneous ... this is not the c/o, but a further instalment none the less!

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 42 – Invasion from the Inside.

The house was completely deserted. Lisa, still filled with the euphoria of Fiskmire and the others’ triumphs at the lake, did not notice immediately. She breezed indoors happily and began cutting up a very red apple to eat when she suddenly realised there was no shouting as she sang the latest Julienne Brextar song. They’ve gone out, thought Lisa, feeling the tiniest bit rejected as she threw her apple slices into a bowl. They could have at least told me.

At that point, she did not notice anything else curious about her home. Not yet.

Marina didn’t plan on coming home until at least seven, when the mall would close, so Lisa chose to go up to her room and maybe fiddle around with her Buzzball for awhile. She had already uncovered three of its uses; an electric shock (that stunned its victims), the inflating that the girl at the checkout had showed her, and most recently, Lisa discovered that her Buzzball could become as hard as a rock sometimes – which would prove useful if she ever needed it as a weapon.

Plopping her bowl of apple on the springy bed, Lisa lay flat on her stomach, plucked the Buzzball off her bedside table, and began examining it closely. The bright red ball greatly resembled a squash ball. It was rubbery ball, completely vermilion in hue, and very shiny. It looked completely unremarkable and Lisa would have thought nothing of it, if she didn’t know what it did. The Buzzball was a mystic device – it interpreted the thoughts of the holder and performed an action to the best of the holders ability. Lisa didn’t quite understand the theory behind it yet, but she got the basic idea.

The ball began to inflate in Lisa’s hands; she did this often, now that she had mastered the skill, but the problem was that it took usually took several minutes for the ball to deflate. The sphere swelled to the size of a soccer ball (it was normally smaller than a pokeball) and while Lisa waited for its size to reduce, she noticed a clean white envelope on her bed.

“Oh, I forgot about this …” she muttered carelessly. The envelope said very clearly on the front:

Lisa Teresa Walters
    23 Woodrow Avenue
    Greenmount
    Ecruteak City

At the top right hand corner, where a stamp should have been, there was the small insignia of a world globe with a gold ribbon curving around it and the words ‘Johto Ministry of Justice’ within the golden ribbon. Lisa tore the letter open curiously – what could the government office want with her, especially the judiciary system? Lisa remembered her brother Tom once making a comment that once you turned fifteen the government gave you a card which proved your age for universities and for independent care.

There was no card in the envelope. Just two sheets of folded paper, headed not with ‘Dear sir/madam’ but with ‘Dear Miss Walters’. Lisa took a sharp breath and read on.

Dear Miss Walters

It has come to the attention of the Johto Ministry of Justice that you were present at a place where a criminal activity occurred on the nineteenth – twentieth of December, 2002. It has been verified by the Investigative Squad in the province of Houen that a number of criminal offences took place during this time in the village of Port Valeo, and that you witnessed one or more of these events.

The Johto Ministry of Justice, in conjunction with the Tri-province Constitution, requires the attendance of you, Lisa Teresa Walters, at the trial of Lenina Johnson. The trial will be held at the Port Valeo courthouse, at 13 Salmon Drive, Port Valeo, on Thursday the 27th February 2003, beginning at exactly eleven am. You will be required to give testimony and make a brief statement concerning the case.

Thank you for your co-operation,

Brett Snyder
    Senior Deputy Commissioner
    Johto Ministry of Justice.

‘I have to go to a trial?’ thought Lisa, imagining a massive courthouse and her in the witness box. ‘I thought they took care of all that stuff last December. We made statements for the police in Houen. Lenina already went to jail, didn’t she?’

But no matter how hard she stared at the sheet of paper, it did not tell her anything more than she had already read. The second page turned out to be a simple map of Port Valeo, showing the few streets, the resorts, shops, houses, library (the book from which Lisa still had), the peninsula and the observatory, where Lisa had fought for her life with Jessica.

Jessica! Lisa had suddenly clicked. If she was needed at this trial, that definitely meant Jessica and Phil and Andrew would be needed too! Not to mention Gavin, if the Ministry of Justice had been able to get a hold of him, which she doubted.

There was a slam downstairs as the door closed. Marina must be home at last! Lisa ran downstairs at once to talk to her about the letter, which was still in her left hand. Her right hand gripped the now almost deflated Buzzball. As she walked into the living room, it suddenly occurred to her how dark it had become. And where had Marina got to so quickly?

The lower rooms of the house felt quite abandoned; Lisa was used to seeing them full of people. She flicked the lounge room light on as she walked into it and felt a bit more comforted. The front door was shut, but Lisa had left only the security door shut. That meant Marina must have come home, because the heavy oak door was now closed.

“Marina? You th-” Lisa began, but there was a scuffle from behind and, before she could whirl around, a hand had gripped tightly over her mouth. For a moment Lisa tried to throw her attacker off, struggling in her panic, but suddenly she caught sight of her attacker.

It was only Marina after all.

“Don’t speak, Lisa,” whispered Marina, very seriously. “Be really really quiet.”

She pulled her hand away from Lisa’s mouth. Her skin was very pale. Her Guardian Butterfree was not hovering round her head happily, but perched on her shoulder, perfectly still. Lisa had never seen Marina or her Guardian Angel look so frightened or watchful. Very slowly, Marina backed back into the living room, and Lisa followed her very nervously.

Marina seemed to relax a bit more once the girls were both in the living room. “Oh, thank God … you have your Buzzball …” said Marina.

“What’s going on??” hissed Lisa.

Marina shook her head. “Lisa, I don’t really know, but something’s really really wrong. I just came inside then, and …” she broke off, looking for the right words. “There’s somebody in the house. Who isn’t supposed to be, that is,” she added. “I don’t know who, I think it’s a woman but I’m not sure … I just saw them going from the dining room into the games room a minute ago … they have a Houndoom with them …”

Lisa swore under her breath. “You’re saying our house has been broken into?”

“Yes,” said Marina instantly. “Lisa, didn’t you notice, the lock of the door is broken. How long have you been here alone?” she asked.

“About fifteen minutes,” Lisa told her, a shiver going up her spine. But then sense came to her. “If anyone was really in the house, they’d have attacked me or whatever. I mean, I was singing … I was in the kitchen for five minutes, if anyone was there they would have made a move. You must be wrong.”

But Marina didn’t look at all convinced. She glanced around the place uneasily. They had both sat down on the futon in the living room, facing the door to the dining room. “Where’s your family?” she said suddenly.

“Dunno, they went out I think …” Lisa said.

“Did you see them?”

“No … they probably left a message.”

Lisa stood up from the seat and walked over to the phone table, where the large message pad lay. She didn’t know how she had missed it before; right on top was a pink note saying ‘We’ve had an urgent problem with work. We’ve got the kids with us. Be back later tonight’.

Mr and Mrs Walters had disappeared once before like this, but they had given Lisa a couple of days warning. That was last year, when they both left town to dig at Mt Moon for some Omanyte Fossils. Perhaps, Lisa thought, they had had a problem with the Omanytes?

Marina had stopped moving. The Guardian Butterfree on her shoulder has risen in the air an inch or two, humming very softly. “Lisa … I just saw her.”

“What? Who?” Lisa said quietly, looking at her pale, blue-haired friend.

“The person in the house … it’s a she,” whispered Marina, her lips barely moving. “Don’t move!” she hissed urgently at Lisa, staring through the doorway which led from the kitchen to the games room. “I can see her right now, she’s in the games room … she’s got red hair, fairly tall … she’s talking to someone else … it’s a guy she’s talking to … OH!” Marina’s breathing suddenly became incredibly laboured.

Lisa turned and glanced very briefly through the window, and at that moment she too caught sight of two people crouched low over the desk in the games room. A very dangerous-looking Houndoom was at their feet.

Lisa seized Marina’s wrist, then took her upstairs in one swift movement. They arrived in Lisa’s room, Marina shaking slightly. Lisa grabbed her backpack and hoisted it onto her back, not before throwing in a few things; her pokeballs, the letter from the ministry of justice, the runes Gavin sent, the jellimer and orb for dratini, and her pokegear and wallet. She kept the Buzzball in one hand, the small circular container holding the aquaflox in the other.

“What are you doing?”

Marina was shaking terribly, clutching at the chest of drawers.

“That’s Team Rocket,” said Lisa. “I … they might … look, just put of your backpack, we can’t stay here anymore … They know where I live now …” It had just sunk in. Lisa felt as though her very skin had been invaded. The rockets knew where she lived, she would not be safe in this house again, ever. It would be impossible to return.

“We’re going, right now,” said Lisa. “I don’t know when we’ll be back.”

Lisa carefully unlatched the door which led to her balcony. She could hear a muffled noise downstairs, and a very definite sound of a vase of some sort smashing on the tiles. For a moment, she wondered how many of these people had invaded her home.

Marina threw her own backpack on and followed Lisa timidly.

“You’re not going to jump off, are you?” said Marina apprehensively.

Lisa ground her teeth nervously, but when she spoke, her voice was strong. “Pretty much, yeah. And that’s ‘we’ not ‘you’.” She paused. “This side of the house faces almost directly onto the garden. If we can hide behind the bushes, we can sneak out and leave.”

Joining her on the balcony, Marina tapped the wood uncertainly with her foot. “How do you plan on falling without killing yourself, again?”

The Buzzball was in her hand still. Lisa grinned savagely. “Inflate,” she said to it in an undertone, concentrating on seeing the ball inflate to massive size, and it did so, very rapidly. Marina watched in awe as it swelled to the size of an Elekid, then kept going. The scarlet exterior was looking quite stretched now, as though the ball was nearing bursting point. Lisa prodded it gingerly; it was very springy. She knew once she landed, there would be only moments for her to run and hide before one of the people arrived to meet her.

She held the now massive Buzzball up to her stomach and leaned over the balcony.

“Marina, if we get separated, here’s what you’re going to do. You’re going to contact Gavin somehow and stay with him. If all does go well, though,” she added. “We’ll meet over the back fence. We’ll have to run though.”

And with a scared pat from Marina, Lisa propelled herself over the side of the balcony. For a moment, she felt her stomach lurch as she was in freefall, then there was a loud thunk as the buzzball hit the grass. Lisa felt herself roll forwards and somersault into the bushes; the ball seemed to roll in the opposite direction. Brushing twigs and dirt from her ebony hair, Lisa looked up at the balcony, where Marina was standing uneasily, and gave the thumbs-up.

It looked like Marina was about to jump straight onto the ball from the second floor, but Lisa spied a dark figure appear around the corner of the veranda from the other side of the house. Lisa signalled violently to Marina not to jump, and the girl upstairs heeded.

The dark figure was soon snooping around under the balcony, a Murkrow flying on his or her shoulder. A beam of moonlight struck her face suddenly. Peering from the refuge of a large kurrajong tree, Lisa put a hand to her mouth. She recognised the person snooping around underneath the balcony. It was a red-haired woman - Lisa had met her before, once; it was the woman from the shopping mall, who had tried to attack her and Marina.

With a sickening thud, Lisa also recognised the usual crimson ‘R’ emblazoned across the woman’s chest.

It was a miracle that she hadn’t yet seen the Buzzball … it was sitting in a shadowy corner behind a terracotta pot, looking quite obvious from Lisa’s point of view. But the woman seemed more interested in the balcony, as though she was looking for a way to climb up it.

And then it happened. Marina peered timidly over the wooden posts on the balcony at the same moment as the red-haired woman glanced up. Their faces met instantly. Marina gave a strangled kind of a squeak and disappeared from view; the woman drew a weapon out from her clothes. It was not a gun – it looked like a remote control crossed with an electric toothbrush. She pressed a button, yelling out something to her male friend, who was presumably indoors. A jet of blue light which looked like a laser beam emerged and burned through one of the posts holding up the balcony.

“NO!” someone cried out from inside and Lisa heard Marina’s own distinct scream also, accompanied by many thuds.

‘I can’t be sensible now,’ thought Lisa. ‘I don’t want her to go like Anna.’

Without a second thought, Lisa leapt from the bushes and pelted towards the underside of the balcony. The woman there turned and looked stunned for a moment, then shot off some blue light which skimmed over Lisa’s hair. Luckily, Lisa had surprised her. She reached the Buzzball (which was almost back to cricket-ball-size) and scooped it up before the Rocket could react further. Then she quickly curved around and ran straight for the bushes, where she hoped she could get out of sight.

“Stun her now!” screamed a male voice from nowhere. Lisa had just been turning to see where Marina had got to when a third jet of electric blue light issued from the weapon. It would have hit Lisa’s chest if it weren’t for the Buzzball that she held there. The light ricocheted off and hit the Kurrajong, which burst into flames.

“Murkrow, Faint attack!” yelled the red-haired woman, who seemed to have abandoned her stun gun. Lisa was running at full pelt now, crashing through her Mum’s flowers and trying to lower herself down. A moment later, she felt something like a hot poker slash through her leg, and she made only a few more steps before crashing to the dirt. The Buzzball went spinning out of her grip.

The noise seemed dimmer here, but Lisa realised that there were more people than she had seen. A few women were arguing loudly somewhere nearby in the dark, and she heard at least two different men yell out.

“In those bushes, just there!” shrieked the red-haired woman.

Lisa was already trying to wriggle away but three bursts of blue light were fired and a few more bushes burst into flame. The flickery light from the fires meant that suddenly Lisa could see her way; the back fence was only twenty metres away, through a screen of trees. Refusing to accept that her home could be so easily razed to the ground, Lisa deftly released Fiskmire from his pokeball.

“Hydro Pump, Fisky!” she called, as she hobbled toward the trees, her leg killing. Fiskmire gushed litres of water over the garden, extinguishing the nearest spot fires one by one. Lisa ran for the doused trees. Just a few more metres –

“Paralabeam!” yelled a man. Lisa turned sharply to see a dark figure standing between her and the trees, illuminated by the fiery glow everywhere. An electric current seemed to erupt from the man and hit her in the chest. With a sickening thud in her stomach, Lisa felt her body seize up. Her face was pushed into the dirt by the man, as he yelled, “I’ve got her, over here, quick!” and many scurried footsteps were heard.

No way, thought Lisa. This isn’t how it’s supposed to go. I was so close, I was so quick, I can’t get caught now …

“Lisa Walters!” said the man who had paralyzed her. “Now we meet. Tell me –”

“ELECTRIFY!” squealed a girl’s voice, and Lisa knew it was Marina. A sudden explosion of yellow electricity shot through Lisa’s vision and there were two groans. Lisa knew Marina had picked up her Buzzball … thank goodness …

The man in Lisa’s face stood up and pointed the device in his hands at Marina. Although Lisa could not see everything, she heard just fine. There was a shout and a dazzling flash of blue, a pelt of footsteps again, a roar of fire, another shout. Then a relative calm, followed by a sizzling sound. Lisa thought she saw a jet of purple light from somewhere. Then –

“ICE BEAM!”

“Mud!” There was a soft squawk and a flash of ice. Lisa waited for a moment, then saw Marina come into her narrow range of vision.

“Quick, Lisa, we have to go.” Her face was bleeding and she was pale, but all the same, Lisa would never forget the steely look of determination on her face that night.

Lisa tried to get to her feet, and utterly failed, Marina helped her into a sitting position, but Lisa’s muscles refused to respond; Fiskmire was tugging at her arm urgently.

A chilly wind seemed to blow over the girls suddenly, though the fires around them should have made it hot.

“NOW! STUN THEM BOTH! KILL THEM BOTH, I DON’T CARE!”

The voice came from nowhere. Lisa saw yet another streak of blue light fly through the air, and connect with Marina’s midriff. She looked shocked, then was thrown back without a further sound.

“Got her!” cried a voice. “Where’s the other?”

“Here …” A light bulb seemed to flicker on somewhere, and Lisa felt someone’s eyes bore into the back of her neck. She tried to turn and suddenly found that she could. Lisa’s golden eyes looked straight back into a man’s dark ones.

“There she is, I’ll stun her!” called a woman.

The man looking at Lisa gripped her jaw tightly and painfully, his palms sweaty.

“Tell me, Lisa, where have you – AAAH!” He collapsed as he was hit with the light from a Stun Gun.

And suddenly, the entire scene seemed to swirl around in Lisa’s head, never ending and never starting, just spiralling around until she could see nothing but smoke and fire and people and blue light … Lisa knew nothing, except that she was somehow being taken away, she was leaving her house, leaving the terror of that evening. But where she was going, she could not say …
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 10th November 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Advanced Trainer

*is confused*

Reading that made my head spin... I don't know if it was the story or if I'm falling ill...

@_@ I hope Marina's ok... hmm.. Who is the man who keeps on shouting Lisa's name?

Hmm....when I first read the title I was wondering about the it...now I know...

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Wow, this has got to be one of my favourite chapters ever. But the Bouncy Furret will always be the fav.

Well how choc full of excitement, nice to see some more Buzzball explanation, and a letter eh! Spiffy.

An urgent problem at work, I hope that Jean and Wes and Co are Ok. Hopefully not captured. Lisa can't go to Tom's either, it'd be another trap. I'm surprised they didn't find her earlier, go to all the Walters houses and go all Terminator. Lisa Walters *Bam*

But GAH! Lisa's HOUSE! POOR HOUSE! Oh yeah... and Marina.

Marina was killed! And did she send out her Mudkip.. but Marina was killed! She took an electric toothbrush to the chest... took me two times to pick up on it....... but now she's dead...

But oh god, I'm really worried for Lisa now... I really am, and poor Marina is gone....

Excellent writing, you really drew me in and I've become emotionally attached to these characters... Poor Marina... a secondary character I genuinely liked.... I wonder what happens now.

Banned

That was A VERY good chapter. I hope that Marina is ok, maybe this is like some TR kind of organization attacking =).

I'm hooked ;_;.

Banned

So that's what was waiting in Lisa's house. Although... If she had been there so long before realizing that there were popele in here house, had they not know she was there? (As Lisa said, she was singing and such.) Either way, the fact that she was in her own house for so long along with such danger is very creepy. You did a great job giving this chapter a spooky, impending danger sort of feel. Well, until the end, as then the danger is no longer impending...

I wonder if Marina is dead... She was pretty beat up. But I have a feeling she might be just unconsious... However that might just be wishful thinking. In a way that line could have implied death. *goes back and checks the scene for a third time* Hmmm...

Well, I could really feel the tension in this chapter. Also, a strong blow has been dealt to Lisa, being that now her whole family is in danger as long as she stays with them. (or possibly even without that) Although now it seems she has a bigger problem to worry about.

I'll be waiting for the next chapter. Keep it up!

Oh No! Lisa is found! Team Rocket sure is evil. breaking in and attacking people. Poor Marina. She was just trying to help Lisa, oblivious of her past dealings with TR.

What do they want to do with Lisa now that she is unconcious? Were they using stun/laser guns or buzz balls made into electric toothbrush guns? This is a great way to leave us hanging before a crossover.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

or

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Wow... what an intense chapter...

This was great, I could see everything in my head as you went along. You said a woman with red hair was talking to a man... oh jeez, does that mean the ditzy duo of J & J are involved? lol...

I hope Marina's ok. I mean, she was a great character. For her to be killed by TR after she was the one who warned Lisa would just be so terrible... oh, right, Lisa. Yeah, I hope she's okay, too.

Anyway, nice setup for the crossover! I did catch one or two spelling mistakes, but it's no big deal, especially since it's a rarity for you. Besides, they were just typos. I know you know how to spell better than that!

Well, I can't wait for the next chapter! Hopefully when the c/o comes it'll be just as intense as this was!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Oh my gosh! First Lisa has to go to court, and now she and Marina are being attacked by Team Rocket! I wonder how they're going to get out of this one...

Great chapter as always! But don't leave us hanging too long, 'kay?
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

good chapter. Please continue, whenever you can.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Wow! Everyone replied so quickly!

Hyperness: Was that chapter a bit too active? I know, it might not have made much sense, but I wrote it in a rush and I did try to explain most of it.

Yeah, the title was probably a bit weird. But you get it now.

Oz: Favourite chapters ever? Really? You have got to be kidding me ... it's not that good. Lol. You really did like the Furret, didn't you? I hate Furrets ...

I hope you kinda understand the buzzball better now. As I write more, hopefully you will become more familiar with it.

Yes, that's a good question; why didn't they find Lisa earlier? Why did they only attack now? think about it ...

I won't tell you what happened to Marina. You'll find out yourself. One day. But I will say that yes, that was her mudkip that she sent out to help. Lol ... those things aren't actually electric toothbrushes, they just look kinda similar.

Everything - OK, somethings - will be revealed next chapter.

Cyndaquil: Hey, thanks. So far it seems that everyone really liked the chapter. Everything about teh chapter will maybe make sense later on ... YAY! I HAVE YOU HOOKED!

GCM: Yep. Surprise. Like I said last chapter, she came home to a very nasty shock. How much worse can you get?

Yeah, they took a long time to actually reveal themselves. Lisa was making a lot of noise, they could have attacked her sooner. As I wrote that I was thinking about myself; I mean, how much of a chill would you get if you found out that you'd been going about your usual business when there were people lurking behind the corners. Freaky.

Marina's fate is to be decided in Chapter 43.

The chapter was quite intense, I admit, but I think it wa worth it. Without the intensity, I don't think it could have come off as well.

Kirby: I really love it when you readers get really worked up or even emotionally affected by something I write. It shows that I can write well enough to keep people interested. Thanks for that.

The end of the chapter is a bit blurred. You can't really be certain of what happened in some places ... but don't worry, all will be revealed when it needs to be.

mr_pikachu: Intense. That word seems to keep cropping up.

You could really see it all in your head? Geez! You don't know how much of a boost that gives me. To answer your J&J question, the answer is a very emphatic NO! I would never sink so low as letting them into my story. But think, who COULD it be? You might not remember ...

Marina is/was cool. I'm not saying what happened to her.

Yeah, hopefulyl this chapter will flow right on into the crossover. The next chapter should be a big one. Expect it some time soon.

Oh, the spelling mistakes was a bit stupid of me. I was rushing to post the chapter and didn't even give it a spell check or skim read. So there will probably be stacks of typos ...

Zeldafan: Court, then an attack ... they are in a heap of trouble, hey? I'll leave you hanging for now, but thanks again for reading the chapter! But don't worry, I won't leave you hanging for very long.

Karania: Thankyou. I will post some more when I get the chance to write it.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm it was quite a good chapter, sorta more action packed than others. A litle too much action at once, and I was not sure of what happened to Marina. Well isn't there going to be a cross over soon? I couldn't believe that Team Rocket would go to someone's house, and when you said she pushed the blue thingy I was thinking more of the lines that the house blew up.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Powarun: Hi. Yes, there was a lot more action in that chapter than there has been in recent times, but I didn't think it was too much. Marina's fate will be revealed soon.

Crossover coming soon! Cheers!

Lisa the Legend