Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
Brian: Thanks for the ever-punctual reply! I'm pleased you found the end appropriate to the mood of the chapter - something really was bugging me about it and it took some work to fix it up. As for the "deep and meaningful" ... that WAS a noun ... I mean, not technically, but it's used as such, as least in Australia, and (mostly) with teenagers I suppose ... mostly girls. It means a deep and meaningful talk, sometimes shortened to a D&M ... at least in WA. I didn't even think about it as being a bit odd, but there you go. As for the law-breakers/criminals thing ... I don't see the difference, really, they are just synonyms. Anyway, as you pointed out, this chapter was a way of calming things down from the more action-packed chapters of the last book's finale.
Okay, I have to reply to this. I never would've expected that a "deep and meaningful" was actually a slang noun. It just seemed so much like a word had been dropped that the thought of a region-specific slang term never occured to me... frankly, even if I'd considered the thought, I probably would've absconded myself for being afraid to criticize. My apologies for the confusion, though.

With the law-breakers/criminals part, you're right about them being synonyms. I guess the latter just sounds a little crisper to me as a shorter term, but I see your point nonetheless. Just an aesthetic opinion.

By the way, I'm glad to hear you got so much done in notes. That can be extremely helpful; expanded into prose, such notes could comprise several chapters. So it's good to hear that you're making such great progress even if the chapter itself is going to be delayed a little while. Keep up the good work!

I guess that's it. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor, whenever you're ready to present more material! Until then!