Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolfsong Vs. Cynder Ref - DarkestLight

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Wolfsong Vs. Cynder Ref - DarkestLight

3 vs. 3 (one out at a time)
    We send our first pokemon to the ref and they will determine who attacks first.
    Banned moves: Rest, Attract, Toxic, Perish song, and Destiny Bond
    Arena: The Wolf’s Paw arena: Located in the middle of a grassy field is the arena in the shape of a Wolf’s Paw Print. The heel of the paw is filled with tall grass and trees. The first toe is a mixture of sand and dirt. The second toe is made up of ice. The third toe is water and the fourth is lava. Each of the claws is a small rock formation but the first one has a cave. This is den of the local wolf pack. There are three of them the Alpha (White) Beta (black) and Omega (silver). Most of the time they will leave you alone. This changes if you disturb them too much. Then one of them will come down and attack. For example, an occasional earthquake while might irritate them but they’ll let it slide. However constant use may cause one of them come down and attack for 5 hp damage. However, for every five rounds there is a small chance (5%) that the wolves might give a blessing. If the Omega appears (75% of that 5%) all pokemon on the field regain 10 energy points. If the Beta appears (24% of the 5%) all pokemon on the field gain 10 Health points. If the alpha appears (1% chance of the 5%) all pokemon gain both 10 health points and 10 energy points.

(when i get time i'll try to make a better picture)
    DQ: 1 week

Any takers?
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Open 3-3 Ref & Opponent needed.

I'll happily battle you :3

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Open 3-3 Ref & Opponent needed.

*grins* Thanks for taking up the offer. Now all we need is a ref.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Wolfsong Vs. Cynder Ref=Needed (3-3)

o.o Ref.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Wolfsong Vs. Cynder Ref=Needed (3-3)

Will start this tomorrow.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Wolfsong Vs. Cynder Ref - DarkestLight

Free time. Posting now before Skyrim claims me. Will edit this post with battle. Wolfy, yer up first.

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

Arena: The Wolf’s Paw arena: Located in the middle of a grassy field is the arena in the shape of a Wolf’s Paw Print. The heel of the paw is filled with tall grass and trees. The first toe is a mixture of sand and dirt. The second toe is made up of ice. The third toe is water and the fourth is lava. Each of the claws is a small rock formation but the first one has a cave. This is den of the local wolf pack. There are three of them the Alpha (White) Beta (black) and Omega (silver). Most of the time they will leave you alone. This changes if you disturb them too much. Then one of them will come down and attack. For example, an occasional earthquake while might irritate them but they’ll let it slide. However constant use may cause one of them come down and attack for 5 hp damage. However, for every five rounds there is a small chance (5%) that the wolves might give a blessing. If the Omega appears (75% of that 5%) all pokemon on the field regain 10 energy points. If the Beta appears (24% of the 5%) all pokemon on the field gain 10 Health points. If the alpha appears (1% chance of the 5%) all pokemon gain both 10 health points and 10 energy points.

===Battlers===

===Round 0===

Fo: ~~ Br:

===End Stats===

Last edited by DarkestLight; 5th December 2011 at 11:05 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay, start things off with agility and then follow that up with Night Daze and finish with Dark pulse. However, if they try any fighting moves, counter them instead.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; 5th December 2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright then Brenton, let's get going! (hehe, I have a sneaky feeling this is a zoroark...)

Start off with a nice sunny day to make the next moves have a bit more of an 'oomf' than they already have. Then go for a good old Eruption attack while your HP is still fairly high, and rinse and repeat with another Eruption.

Veteran Trainer

Free time. Posting now before Skyrim claims me. Will edit this post with battle. Wolfy, yer up first.

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 1===

Back in the Wolf's Paw. Man, that cave really needs an update. Still looks like a poor bug got squished. ANYWAY...I'm here now and that means the battle can begin!!

Ziva struts around awkwardly, seemingly having trouble on the terrain. Noting the erratic behavior, Brenton pays her no mind and focuses on the sunlight peeking through the trees. He somehow links up with it, and manages to raise its focus so it spreads over the whole of the area. With the onset of light Ziva squints and manages to run in place?

Fo: -3E +2Spd ~~ Br: -4E Sun: 7 act

Now decidedly faster than the weasel, the Lucario opens both arms. A blast of energy releases from the arcing sweeping motions. They strike Brenton in two even strikes, but the weasel is undeterred. He growls at the damage done but realizes that this will hurt even more. The only thing that could be better is if this was on the lava part.

The ground starts to heat up and Ziva jumps left and right. It doesn't help when the ground explodes, acting as if it was a supervolcano! Eruptions of lava overtake her and give her a severe burn immediately. Illusions fade immediately and we're left with an injured Zorua.

Fo: -6E/-19H Brn ~~ Br: -11E/-10H -Acc

Before Foxy could really retort, there was a second shower of power-lava power that was. She squealed in pain and rolled onto any cool patch of grass she could still find. As the grassy area now became a cesspool of heated molten rock, Foxy barely mustered the strength to fire off a Dark Pulse that clipped Brentons' feet. He smirked at her predicament, and trudged over carefully...

[COLOR=olive]Fo: -6E/-19H ~~ Br: -11E/-9H [COLOR]

The Burn left her to whimper (-4)

===End Stats===

Sun: 4 act

Cyn

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Lol Smokey the bear x3

Let's go for a Substitute, and make sure it is plenty large enough to take at least two hits. Then use Focus Punch! If your subs is still there after the Focus Punch then use Howl, if not let's play with a nice simple Flamethrower. If it Protects/Detects on the Focus Punch, switch to Howl and use Focus Punch instead of Flamethrower/Howl.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay Foxy, since you're faster start with a taunt to keep him from creating the substitute. Then follow that up with a facade since you're burned and finish with another night daze.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 2===

Wincing from her burn, Foxy mumbles something abut the jadedness of light. The comment caught Brenton's attention, as he tried to pile up charred earth to act as a substitute. The repeat comment however, caused Benton to stop what he was doing.

Did she just call him a devil worshipper? That he was unable to use fire without calling on the dark lord himself for help? HELLZ TO THE NAW!

Fo: -2E ~~ Br: Tnt

She'd learn real quick that this was no one but his own skill. Brenton hung back for a moment. A moment that Foxy used all too well. She barreled her body into the weasel, causing them to roll deeper into the sun drenched grassy knoll. Brenton wound up atop of Fox, and slammed his now glowing fist directly into her back. Foxy yelped, not realizing just how much that type of punch hurt!

Fo: -6E/-20H ~~ Br: -10E/-12H

Foxy cringed at the pain in her side and now back. Brenton didn't care, he had enough of being ridiculed. A belly full of flame was burped up, and flung at the badly beaten dark type. To his amazement, a dark streak slammed across his eyes, giving him a hack of a time seeing what he needed to see, even in all this light.

The flames shot high. and the Zorua sneered, glad something turned her way.

[COLOR=olive]Fo: -6E ~~ Br: -7E/-10H -Acc[COLOR]

The Burn left her to whimper (-4)

===End Stats===

Sun: 1 act
    Tnt 1 act

WS

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay, Foxy, start with nasty plot. FOllow that up with night daze and end with dark pulse.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright Brenton, get ready to get MAD!

Begin by discerning Foxy's location with a Swift attack, then follow the stars and use Submission, all whilst she's plotting! (aka, a combo move) Then use Brick Break.

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 3===

The burning grass made for a peculiar fighting stage. As the lava cooled, the pocket flames that were left still seemed to billow enough smoke to obscure Foxy from Brenton. Foxy snickered, thinking her plan to be a rousing success.

The tables turned when Brenton dashed in from the south, and tackled her. Sharp pricks struck her repeatedly only seconds before the massive hit came. One hand pinned Foxy's face against a nearby rock. He growled his malcontent, trying to force her to Submit.

Fo: -2E/-20H +2SpA ~~ Br: -11E

Foxy kicked and wriggled and freed herself barely. Brenton could hear her misguided footsteps and turned accordingly...right into a patch of darkness. This one stung his eyes even deeper! He hissed, swinging his paws hectically. But none struck the dark fox.

Fo: -5E ~~ Br: -6E/-14H -Acc

Brenton seemed a bit out of his natural element, especially since the sun just faded behind some clouds. That apparent darkness theme seemed to be a running joke. Foxy had a good laugh, as she fired a Dark pulse that laid Brenton on his back

Fo: -5E ~~ Br: -12H

The Burn came back, a nice reminder to not laugh at other's misfortune. (-4)

===End Stats===

Cyn

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright Brenton, let's just use go with the same trick as before and use Swift+Brick Break this time. Finish with another Swift if you really need to. If it Protects from the first attack, use Howl first then go for our nice little strategy.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Foxy, start by creating a small substitute. Follow that up immediately with a faint attack but don't reappear until after the submission. Finally finish with dark pulse. No matter what happens you did well.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 4===

Foxy winced. Her energy was tipping beneath what she felt was adequate, but she pushed on. As the weasel seemed to sniff the air to try and get a location on her, she quickly scrounged up a partly pile of dirt. That pile subsequently exploded as that Quilava blasted right through it. Foxy groaned, knowing this was too close for comfort.

Fo: -4E/-6H Sub: Boom ~~ Br: -11E

Foxy jumped backwards, barely evading the stars as the weasel flung them every which way. She struck after they had vanished from view, knocking Brenton on his side. Too bad the stars curved backwards-as Foxy learned.

Fo: -6E/-6H ~~ Br: -9H/-5E

Foxy slumped over Brenton, as the smallish weasel pushed her off.

===End Stats===

WS rel and atk

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay, McGee, it's your turn.

Timothy McGee is my male Vibrava with the Levitate ability. Okay Mcgee, start with sandstorm. Follow that up dragonbreath and finish with rock tomb.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All right! Brenton, you've done great so far, keep it up!

Let's just spam Smakescreen to help both yourself and the next Pokemon!

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 5===

One down. Brenton smirked, but he knew it was close. Now he had a whole new party to deal with. Fresh out of Wolfy's camp came a strange bug that seemed to be at home in the forest not too far from here. Unphazed by the strange bug's flying pattern, Brenton quickly began heaving up hefty plumes of dark smoke from his mane.

In response, McGee flapped his wings vibrantly. A deluge of sand welled up from the ashed grass and whipped around the area. Already, Brenton saw this would be an uphill road. (-1)

Mc: -4E ~~ Br: -3E
    SS 7 act

With the area darkened by both Sandstorm and Smokescreen (which kept building) McGee found himself unable to positively aim at the Quilava. A Dragonbreath streamed through the mas of smoke, but all he got in return was more of it! Crap. (-1)

Mc: -5E ~~ Br: -3E

Even though he was the one creating the smoke, Brenton fond it desperately hard for him to see anything. He stayed put this time, and kept pumpng out the smoke from his flames, as assorted thumps fell around the area. McGee was flinging rocks everywhere, hoping for a strike. No such luck. (-1)

Mc: -5E ~~ Br: -3E

McGee huffs and looks around. No sign of life anywhere amidst this smoke mess.

===End Stats===

Cyn

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Use Swift and Toxic combined, scattering the swift so that McGee can't locate you that way, then follow the general direction of the stars and use Reversal. If it finds a way to bypass or reflect Swift+Toxic, wait until it's done then use the attack.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay McGee, start with a small substitute then follow that up with bulldoze and finish with earthquake.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 6===

This grassy knoll was taking a beating, and the sandy smokiness that descended upon it was not helping. In the midst of all this dark chaos, McGee quietly hummed about, plopping something in the middle of it all. Just like that, ninja stars flew into the discarded form, and broke it down just as fast as it had been created. There was even purple residue leaking from it once it was all over.(-1)

Mc: -5E/-6H Sub: Boom ~~ Br: -7E

Not missing a beat, Brenton darted from the smoky matrix that he was concealed withing. He dashed though the smog and slammed into...nothing at all! Looking at his feet., he spied the Toxic goop he lathered those stars with..but all around him was nothing but bent grass and clumps of sand. (-1)

He grunted as the ground began to shake and knocked him flat on his face. His legs felt wobbly after that minor land shift, but he knew that when there was a small one, a large one usually followed.

Mc: -7E ~~ Br: -6E/-18H

Out of breath.
    Out of energy.
    Out of time. Brenton finally spied his target, floating above the ground inconspicuously. Then he felt the ground shift, and that was all she wrote! As the Earthquake ran through the Wolf's paw, a howl broke through from the west. McGee looked back, but saw nothing.. (-1)

Mc: -8E ~~ Br: Gaooone

===End Stats===

SS: 2 act
    Cyn release, WS

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright, let's go Epsilon, my female Skarmory with Keen Eye!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

McGee, start with tailwind. Follow that up with supersonic but if she protects or detects, use feint. Finally finish with heat wave
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright Epsilon, let's start with a Tailwind of your own to counteract the other one. Make sure the smoke stays around at all costs! Then use a small subs in order to dodge the Supersonic and most of the Heat Wave, and finish off with an icy wind when the Heat Wave has finished.

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 7===

Down one herself, Cynder gasps for her fallen comrade. Quickly recalling him,she effortlessly calls upon a second ball from her waist. Out from its entrapment flies a metallic avian, immune to the storm that whirls about and to the darkness that seeps from below. Timothy scowls at its very existance, and tries to make things a bit more fast paced. But as the dragonborn shoots skyward, so too does Epsilon. Timothy is shocked....to say the least.

Mc: -3E +2Spd ~~ Ep: -3E +2Spd

The sands were starting to falter, and Epsilon knew that the dragon was up to something when it began screeching its heart out. She sped down to the smoke and then banked hard right, flying across this field and toward the 4 elemental lands above. Timothy gave chase, not realizing its Supersonic was ineffective.

Mc: -2E ~~ Ep: -4E/-6H Sub: 5H

Snickering at her trickery, the avian turned around, a good 80 meters away from her substitute. The Sandstorm had ended, and she could see the lay of the land for herself. Timothy noticed the disappearance of the weather an decided to simply try and rid himself of her presence. A massive stream of heat left Timothy, but instead of cycling forward, it lurched backwards and flew to the ground. Timothy watched in amazement at his predicament, all before a chilling wind clipped his wings and forced a steady landing.

Mc: -9E/-12H -Spd~~ Ep: -4E Sub: Boom

===End Stats===

Cyn

Last edited by DarkestLight; 29th December 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ahah, that worked better than I thought :3

Start off with Metal Sound, then hit hard with Icy Wind! If it uses Supersonic again, drown out the noise with Metal Sound again.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Okay McGee, I want you to start with screech to drown out the metal sound. then follow up with a pair of heat waves
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 8===

The fight has taken to the skies. McGee and Epsilon flew around and began to cover the entire field. Its hard to keep sight of them, but its not hard to hear them. A bending of metal was first to scar the airwaves, but it was matched by a nasty screech. Both pokemon seemed to be taken back by the reduced sounds effects on their systems.

Mc: -3E -SpD ~~ Ep: -3E -Def

Still pretty evenly matched, McGee and Ep now turn to the elements. With its back facing the fiery part of the arena, a surge of heated air flew around the dragon. Epsilon feared this greatly, keeping her back aligned with the chilling region. A loose wind tried to fly toward the flaming dragon, but the heat was far too much for it to overcome.

Mc: -9E ~~ Ep: -4E/-14H

Though her body started to heat up, Ep fired off another Icy Wind to try and break through. It yielded nil effect, the heat was just too powerful for it to burst through. She cawed and fell back, losing her speed boost. Timothy felt himself slow down as well, but he was all smiles.

Mc: -9E ~~ Ep: -4E/-14H

===End Stats===

Wolfy

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Nice work, McGee. Now use another heat wave followed by an ominous wind and finsih with heat wave
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Spamming Heat Wave again, are we? Well, we've no time for that!

Let's let Timmy tire himself out by using Protect against Heat Wave. He dun have much energy left. Then get up close while he's using Ominous Wind and hit him hard with Flash Cannon, then Protect against that final Heat Wave.

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 9===

As the pair streaks through the skies in this battle, Epsilon decides to take away that heat advantage McGee seemed to have attained. As the wave of heat washed over her metallic form, a shielding of energy encapsulated her, saving her from its fiery touches.

Mc: -9E ~~ Ep: -10E -Def

McGee hissed and flew past the barrier, trying to leave a chilling wind in his wake. It worked, as the shield fell away, leaving Ep vulnerable to the current. She spun to regain herself in mid flight, and fired a blast of energy unique to her construct. This Flash Cannon slammed McGee and threw him into the treeline. She dove after, to make sure he was grounded.

Mc: -8E/-10H ~~ Ep: -8E/-5H

Ep landed, and noted Timothy was nowhere to be seen. She cawed softly, only to note the rise in temperature. Wings flung up and the Protective barrier helped her survive the second onslaught of fire from Timothy. He looked truly exasperated from the second miss, but didn't show it.

Mc: -9E ~~ Ep: -10E

===End Stats===

Cyn

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright, let's let the 'lil guy wear himself out. If it uses Heat Wave at any point, bump the next command forwards and use Protect, but if it does so more than once in a row switch to Torment.

So, for the actual commands - Roost to get back a little health then take a relax to gain back a little health, surely by this point it should be forced to relax for a little while. Then hit it with Flash Cannon. If the forced relax doesn't come into affect, then just use Flash Cannon again instead of relaxing.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

McGee, get close and give it a point blank supersonic. Then relax. Finish with rock slide.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 10===

Ep knows the draconic form is tired. Fearing not for ehr well being, she nestles down non the ground and begins to whistle her fears away. McGee skitters over, fighting exhaustion, and lunged from the branch it was perched on. Landing in front of Ep, McGee let off a whistle as well. Ep was stunned...and then under sort of spell that left her perplexed.

Mc: -3E ~~ Ep: -15E/+20H cfn

Pleased with its accomplishment after all of those barriers before, McGee took a much needed break. Ep however, quit her settled form and began rooting around for grubs. She cawed maniacally as she did this, irritating the local wildlife.

Mc: +6E ~~ Ep: @_@

Realizing this was an uphill battle, McGee began the arduous climb Stones fell from the heavens themselves, pinning the confused bird to the ground. The multitude of hits caused the avian to snap free from her daze, but she also was perplexed as to why rocks were falling in the first place?

Mc: -8E ~~ Ep: -12H Fln

===End Stats===

Wolfy

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

McGee, when you regain your energy, use heat wave but if it protects from the heat wave use ominous wind instead
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright, let's take him out! Start up with Guard Swap, then while he's still resting fly up to use Sky Attack!

Veteran Trainer

Wolf's Paw!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 11===

Ep watched carefully, but it was evident that McGee was immobilized. She smirked as best as one can with a metallic beak, and cawed shrilly. The resounding force she left off seemed to bolster her own defensive side, and weaken McGee's

Mc: - Def~~ Ep: -5E +Def

Weakened, but not defeated, McGee quietly considered his options whilst his adversary decided that the ground was no place for a Pokemon of her regal bearing. She took off, and hovered around for a bit.

Mc: /./... ~~ Ep: -4E

McGee stayed humble, quietly watching the ground move as grubs rooted to and fro. He knew the inherent danger coming down his way, but he wasn't frightened. The air around him was beginning to heat up rapidly, as dead leaves began to smolder. Epsilon was not paying attention to the heated environment, she was intent of causing as much harm to him as possible. So, when she flew directly into the epicenter of the Heat Wave (That being McGee) she naturally felt inclined to curse her luck. Her strike connected, and McGee cried out, but that slap of heat was more than enough for her to reconsider ever leaving him time to plan again...

Mc: -9E/-15H ~~ Ep: -4E/-18H

===End Stats===

Cyn

Entertaining quotes!