Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash, BTPoke, Cy

Honestly, I'm just looking for information about the legendary Pokemon Reshiram, for whom I'm searching. However, what I said wasn't a complete lie - there's not a lot known about Reshiram, and I was planning on doing somewhat of a trade; the headmistress' information for my own when I find it.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash, BTPoke, Cy

great work, sake. keep using stone edge. if they manage to knock you off, use bounce to get back up there and use rock tomb.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

OK Hanzo, Safeguard to make sure you don't go to sleep again, then hit him with Night Slash followed by Thunder Wave.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

TEAM ASH0011'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 18 ‡

Ricario closes his eyes and wanders around the clearing as he attempts to tap into the Rotom's Aura. After pacing aimlessly for a minute, his steps lead him right up to the refrigerator which hums innocently.

The refrigerator then quivers. Methinks the little Rotom isn't fooling anyone.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands... against the refrigerator
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

CYNDER'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 17 ‡

"Reshiram?" Salvador says with interest. "What an exciting life you must lead!"

"We, on the other hand, are nothing more than former students at the Pokemon Collegiate Institute," Steve explains. "We had a penchant for getting into trouble, you see. We played numerous pranks."

"Like the time I painted a Mr. Mime and a Jynx in, er, a rather compromising position on our school banner," Salvador reminisces fondly.

"And that time I hacked into the school database and added a foreign exchange student named Pepe Pantz to the roll call," Steve adds.

"Yeah, but our last prank got us expelled, you see... just days before we were supposed to get our diploma, too!" Salvador says. "Anyway, our respective goals might be coterminous, you see. Right before we were expelled, Steve and I had something confiscated from us. It's being held in the basement of the school as we speak."

"So what we can do," Steve says, "is help you sneak inside. We'd do it ourselves but we'd be kicked out of Skyline Terrace if we were caught. We'll disguise you guys as students and you can fetch our confiscated possession for us. Once you've returned it, then you'll be free to find Headmistress Ernesta and get the information about Reshiram you require. How does that sound?"

How do you proceed?

> Sure!
    > That sounds risky...

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Shinsuke Island
    This Volcanic Island - previously hidden away; can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire Types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying Pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall Pagoda stands on the Island as well, the only man-made structure here. If you fish from shore, Water Pokemon encounter rates are the same as for Tranquil Shores.

‡ Round 42 ‡

"Pull it together, Salamence!" Cassandra bellows. "Use triple Outrage!

While Sake clings to the back of Salamence's neck and unleashes an assault of Stone Edges, Salamence gets wild with his tail, whipping Sake as hard as he can. Sake braces himself against the pain and keeps attacking until he can't any longer. After the third Stone Edge, one final Outrage smacks him hard and he tumbles down to the ground, narrowly avoiding getting tossed into the bubbling caldera.

Salamence lands, too, and begins stumbling around and wailing. Its every lumbering step causes the hard earth to quiver. It appears to be Confused.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 22 ‡

Hanzo throws up a protective barrier before lashing out with a Night Slash and a Thunder Wave. The first attack lands with a critical hit and the second causes the statuesque Pokemon to get a little more rigid. Darmanitan breathes out two Fire Blasts and attempts a third, but his stiffening muscles prevent the best of him.

Y'know, for a big tough monkey Pokemon, he's not the most strategic fighter...

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 8th May 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Elite Trainer

we've got you now. Use rock tomb first thing, then go in there while using reflect and use stone edge until it's down.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

go up to it and open it, if it is the rotom challenge it to a battle, try not to act surprised if it suddenly transforms

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm, sounds risky... Don't wanna end up in jail again, like my last visit to the Safari! But, then again... Seems like the only way we'll be able to get in. How exactly will you disguise us as students?

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island
    This Volcanic Island - previously hidden away; can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire Types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying Pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall Pagoda stands on the Island as well, the only man-made structure here. If you fish from shore, Water Pokemon encounter rates are the same as for Tranquil Shores.

‡ Round 43 ‡

Cassandra looks even more Outraged than her Pokemon at the moment.

“This simply won’t do, Salamence!” she barks. “You have a flippin’ type advantage! What are you doing? Hyper Beam until it falls!”

However, Salamence isn’t able to follow these instructions. The Dragon has one of his wings in his mouth and is chewing on it vigorously. Sake takes the opportunity to trap his opponent in a Rock Tomb before upping his defences with a silvery barrier. Salamence busts out of the Rock Tomb after no more than a couple of moments and eyes Sake savagely. The brute charges up a Hyper Beam, but Sake is much too speedy and darts in with one final Stone Edge. The sheer strength of the attack sets Salamence off-kilter. He stumbles backward, trips and falls into the caldera with a splash.

You can hear wailing from within the bubbling pit. Fortunately, Salamence’s thick, Dragony hide prevents it from melting away in the molten stone, but it appears to be unable to battle any further. Biting her lip, Cassandra recalls the beast to its Pokeball.

“Whatever,” she says. “That was my weakest Pokemon, anyway… and once this is over I’ll be reevaluating its position on my team. Now, Exploud! Show them what a real Pokemon is like!”

Exploud stomps into battle, eyeing Rosalinda. It bellows ferociously.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 19 ‡

Ricario approaches the refrigerator and swings the door open.

It fizzles and transforms into its true shape.

Ricario challenges it to a battle. Rotom eyes Ricario nervously and shoots an Electro Ball distress signal into the air. Quick as can be, two Pokemon emerge from the trees, ready to help defend their friend. They look familiar.

Three on two? That hardly seems fair! Then again, there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot you can do.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Flee

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 18 ‡

"Like this!” Salvador says, whipping his tail wildly. He slathers you and your opponents in paint which Camouflages your true identities. You look down at your Pokemon and see that they’ve assumed new forms, each of them clad in a schoolchild’s uniform.

You approach a mirror in the corner. You, too, look different.

Your Pokemon can barely stifle their giggles upon looking at your new form.

“There,” Salvador says proudly, admiring his handiwork. “Now you’ll definitely pass as wee little students. Just try not to get the paint wet. S’not waterproof.”

“Now let me hack into the school’s database and add you to the roll,” Steve says, his pupils going white as he logs onto cyberspace. After a second, his pupils return. “And done! You are now Sabaku F. Trapinch, Brenton T. Cyndaquil, Rhode R. Rhyhorn and Cynder H. Mankey, exchange students from outside the Safari Zone who have just transferred to the Pokemon Collegiate Institute. Now any guard or teacher will permit you to enter.”

“But remember,” Salvador adds, “we want you to retrieve our lost item before you go find Headmistress Ernesta. Understood? We’re trusting you big here and we don’t want you to screw us over.”

“Take this,” Steve says, fitting a tiny electronic device into your ear. “I made it myself. It’s a little transmitter that will allow us to communicate with one another once you’re in the school. We'll be able to tell you how to find the confiscated items. Now then. You ready to go?”

How do you proceed?

> Any last questions?
    > Back to the school!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 8th May 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Advanced Trainer

leo sketch me some battle gloves (gloves that have a gem of each element in them) first I'm gonna try to ask for a fair fight if they ignore me then, me and ric are gonna take on the shuppet and sneasle, leo, you take on the rotom, sketch a volcano and use eruption X3 for your move ric needs to brick break the sneasle, I'm attacking the shuppet with a shadow ball and a psycho cut X2
    (psycho cut being my sword charged with psychic energy)
    Last edited by Ash0011; 10th May 2012 at 07:31 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ahahaha, a Mankey, eh? Don't worry about it, though, you can trust us. Right then, time to get past those guards and get into school I guess!

Master Trainer

Hanzo, sharpen your blades with Swords Dance then use False Swipe. If Darmanitan looks suitably weakened, then I'll toss a Great Ball at him.

Elite Trainer

You really shouldn't blame your pokemon for your loss. The only problem I saw during that battle was your way of handling your pokemon. You could have beaten me easily had you handled salamence better. Yet I prevailed.

Go, Rosa! teach this pokemon a lesson the only way you know how. Read my thoughts! (I'm going to have rosalinda use telekinesis. If exploud tries to use a move to throw off her concentration, probably a voice-based move, have rosalinda use psychic to shut its mouth. Then use hypnosis to put it to sleep.)

Master Trainer

Ash, if I wasn’t going to allow you a random orb that can fire any attack, I’m probs not going to let you have battle gloves with the power of every element. That’s broken. Also, remember that Leo gets three actions per round, not the five you commanded.

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 20 ‡

Your request for a fair fight falls on deaf ears. Since there’s nothing to do but cope with the crummy odds, Ricario zips toward the Sneasel and prepares a Brick Break. Sneasel, however, gets the best of him with a rapid Fake Out. Dazed, Ricario stumbles his back, gathers his focus and then dishes out a Brick Break. Struck in the chest, Sneasel doubles over but manages to latch onto Ricario’s outstretched wrist, which she uses to toss him into a thicket. Ricario merely gets back up and retaliates with a second Brick Break, which causes Sneael to double over yet again. Hissing, she puffs out her chest and Swaggers arrogantly. Ricario is thrust into a world of Confusion.

Meanwhile, Leo gets to work on Sketching a volcano out of paint. While this goes down, Rotom blasts him with a Thunderous strike which Shuppet backs up with a Charge Beam. Sudden, the volcano goes haywire, spurting a pair of molten blobs at Rotom. The refrigerator Protects against the first but is struck by the second, losing a good deal of health. Shuppet tries to hit Leo with a Shadow Ball, but the painter’s immunity to Ghost renders the attack useless. Rotom and Shuppet then deal another Thunder/Charge Beam combo. Leo avoids succumbing to Paralysis… fortunately.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Flee

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 10th May 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 19 ‡

With no reason to hang around any longer, you return to the school under your new disguises. They work perfectly: the Exeggutors peer at you, consult a digital tablet that presumably contains the master list of all the students and then let you through. The gates open and you cross the grounds before entering the Pokemon Collegiate Institute.

You look around and see a number of students loafing around in the hallways. They’re all clad in smart little uniforms that match yours.

Suddenly, you hear Steve’s voice over the earpiece.

“The students are on their lunch period right now,” he explains, “so you’ll have some free time to find our confiscated possession. Now, it’s been a couple of years since I set foot in the school… and I, er, can’t exactly remember how to get down to the basement where it’s being kept.”

You see a corridor to the left, a corridor to the right and a closed door dead ahead.

How do you proceed?

> Approach Psyduck
    > Approach Aipom
    > Approach Ditto
    > Take the left corridor
    > Take the right corridor
    > Take the closed door

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 23 ‡

Poor Darmanitan’s muscles lock up as the action continues, leaving Hanzo free to twirl and pirouette like a dainty little dancer. Hanzo then attacks with a sudden swipe, which just about tosses the monkey statue off the boardwalk. However, he holds on and, as his muscles return, he lunges for Hanzo with his arms raised.

However, you’re faster. You toss the Great Ball at Darmanitan, sucking him up into the hollow chamber. It hits the ground loudly.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Click.

Huzzah! Successful capture.

How do you proceed?

> Keep going
    > Head to Ruskie Tundra
    > Find some nice woolens first

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 44 ‡

Sake happily steps aside as Rosalinda prepares to fight next. Exploud bellows and stomps the rocky terrain savagely, but your steely Ralts appears undeterred. Hearing your thoughts, Rosalinda attempts to catch the big purple lout in some Telekinetic energy, but a sudden Protect stymies your plan. Rosalinda tries a Hypnosis, but a second Protect wards off the attempt at inducing Sleep. Ack! What a maddening tactic!

"Don't stop now, Exploud!" Cassandra shouts. "Hit that thing with a Giga Impact!"

Exploud then glows white and hurtles toward Rosalinda for a powerful energy strike. The mighty attack connects, throwing Rosalinda thirty feet where she lands in a crumpled heap, too dazed to immediately retaliate.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 11th May 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm the big door ahead sounds interesting, but it's most likely to lead to trouble... let's go right. I always in left so let's shake it up a little xD

Elite Trainer

giga impact? rosalinda, he has to recharge now! use hypnosis, then dream eater!

edit: btw, rosalinda is female.

Advanced Trainer

leo sketch another volcano then hit the shuppet and rotom with a magma storm and finish with a heat wave(unless that would hit ric, then use blue flare on rotom) ric use a calm mind to snap the confusion then hit sneasle with a close combat followed by a focus sphere (aura sphere focus blast combo) (if it protects then swords dance) and I'm going after the sneasle with my sword to even things out a bit
    Last edited by Ash0011; 11th May 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Master Trainer

Woo! Darmanitan get! And after his candy addiction, I have decided to name him Muscovado.

But let's focus. We need to find some woolens before we can go to the Tundra. So, Hanzo you should just relax and gain back your energy, so don't over exert yourself. Tesla, can you hear or smell any nearby pokemon? We can ask them if they know anywhere that may have some warm clothing we can borrow.

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 20 ‡

You take the corridor to the right. You pass a sea of lockers and loitering students, but don’t see anything that looks like a set of stairs leading to the basement. You pause to reevaluate.

You see a pair of students slouching against a wall while shooting brooding looks at any passersby. Meanwhile, two larger Pokemon whom you can only presume to be teachers are admiring a poster display while sipping coffee.

You see the entrances to the library on your right and the cafeteria on your left. The corridor you’re travelling down continues on up ahead.

How do you proceed?

> Approach the Scraggys
    > Approach the Drifblim and Garbador
    > Enter the library
    > Enter the cafeteria
    > Keep going forward

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 45 ‡

You recognize your opening and get Rosalinda to use Hypnosis while Exploud is forced to recharge. The loudmouth is lulled into a deep sleep which gives Rosalinda a chance to munch away happily on his dreams, nourishing herself in the process. Om nom nom!

“Wake up!” Cassandra shrieks to no effect. “Ugh! Fine! Just Sleep Talk!”

Exploud begins babbling in his sleep. He Overheats, releasing a fountain of hot flames that scorch every inch of Rosalinda’s body. He also releases a screeching wave of sound that washes over Rosalinda, inducing immediate Confusion.

Disoriented, Rosalinda begins smacking herself in the face. Uh-oh.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Focus Blast was lopped off your combo since you only get three moves per round.

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 21 ‡

Ricario Calm Minds the Confusion away, leaving himself open to a Focus Punch care of Sneasel. Yowch! He retaliates with a Close Combat that Sneasel Counters and then an Aura Sphere, which strikes its target head-on. Sneasel hisses and shoots off an Ice Beam at Ric which doesn’t do a whole lot of damage.

Leo Sketches another volcano while Shuppet tosses another useless Shadow Ball and Rotom strikes with a Thunder Wave. Locked up by Paralysis, Leo makes her volcano spew out a Magma Storm that Rotom Protects against. Shuppet, however, isn’t so lucky and finds herself trapped within a blistering field of heat. Paralysis locks up Leo’s body as Rotom hides itself behind a Substitute.

You then clonk Sneasel over the head with your sword. Well. That wasn't very nice.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Flee

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 11th May 2012 at 02:20 PM.

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 25 ‡

Pleased with your successful capture, you decide to find some warm clothes before travelling to the Ruskie Tundra. Hanzo rests to regain his energy while Tesla, pleased to be useful, uses his snout to figure out if there are any Pokemon nearby.

His olfaction leads him to the edge of the boardwalk. He peers down over the edge and spies a pair of Cinccinos lounging happily with a trio of Minccinos on a boardwalk down below.

How do you proceed?

> Approach the Cinccinos and Minccinos
    > Look elsewhere
    > Head to Ruskie Tundra

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 11th May 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Elite Trainer

rosalinda, settle down and calm your mind (use calm mind) to snap out of it. if he manages to wake up, use hypnosis until it hits. if it does hit, use dream eater continuously.

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 46 ‡

Rosalinda Calm Minds her Confusion away as Exploud finally wakes. Rosalinda tries to Hypnotize Exploud but simply isn't fast enough: the big purple monster lets out a rather cruel Taunt that touches something deep inside Rosalinda. Your Ralts appears unable to muster another Hypnosis. Exploud lets out a deep, guttural laugh.

“Don't just stand there chuckling like a fool!" Cassandra barks. "Hit that thing with two Crunches!"

Exploud trudges over to Rosalinda, picks her up and begins gnashing her between his teeth.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

focus your psychic abilities. use psychic to pry his mouth apart and shove him away. If you can't pry his mouth apart with psychic, shoot a thunderbolt into his mouth, then use psychic!

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 47 ‡

Rosalinda uses her Psychic powers to pry Exploud's jaws open. She manages to hop out of his gross, stinky mouth while Exploud stumbles about in significant physical pain.

"Well, since your mouth is open... you might as well shoot off a Hyper Beam!" Cassandra commands.

A dazzling beam of white energy sizzles through the air and strikes Rosalinda, throwing her onto the ground. The attack doesn't do quite as much as it perhaps could have because of Rosalinda's Special Defence boost and Exploud's ailing Special Attack.

Rosalinda gets back up. You notice her Taunt hasn't worn off yet.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

quickly, while he's recharging, use psychic to pry his mouth shut, then throw him up into the air and use thunderbolt!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Let's go straight ahead! I doubt it'll be in the library and I don't want to draw unnecessary attention by asking.

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 48 ‡

Rosalinda's Psychic powers suddenly cause Exploud's mouth to slam shut painfully.

"You don't need your mouth to attack," Cassandra says. "Blizzard! No, make it two!"

A snap of cold encroaches upon Rosalinda who uses a second Psychic to toss Exploud skyward. Shivering, she zaps Exploud with a Thunderbolt as a second swell of ice and snow spill in upon her.

Exploud lands on the ground with a harsh thud. However, he's not down yet.

"Finish it off!" Cassandra cries. "Giga Impact!"

Blazing like the sun, Exploud charges at Rosalinda. Your Ralts hurtles backward and flops over. She's unable to get back up.

"Piece of cake," Cassandra says coolly. "Exploud, return. Golurk, you're up."

As Golurk takes to the field, Rosalinda is dragged aside by Sake and Penelope who work on reviving her. She looks like she'll be alright. Eevee, meanwhile, takes to the field to fight.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 21 ‡

You continue going down the corridor until it ends at a set of double doors leading into the back schoolyard. You see one door on your left and one door on your right.

Both doors are labelled "Staff Only."

How do you proceed?

> Head into the schoolyard
    > Take the door on the left
    > Take the door on the right

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

k, guys, get rosalinda up quickly, i might need her help.

eevee, use shadow ball triple time!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, um, not good. I'll take a peek around the staff room doors and see what's inside.

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 49 ‡

Despite yet another colossal size difference between your Pokemon and Cassandra's, Eevee appears undaunted. She's a plucky one!

"Okay, Golurk... use three Brick Breaks!" Cassandra commands.

Eevee and Golurk trade off their attacks, exchanging three swirling balls of blackness for three hard-hitting physical blows. Since both attacks consume the same amount of energy and have the same damage output, both Pokemon appear to be on an even playing field.

Meanwhile, Rosalinda appears to be looking a little better. She watches the battle with interest.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available