Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 1543

Thread: War of the Forums

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#124)

Ah yes, Martin's affairs... Don't you just love double entendres? I think I had a nice one last time during the 'Most Popular Video Game Character Game Final' (or whatever) in PCG, honestly.

As far as sayings go, the nerd inside me slightly enjoyed "There's no place like 127.0.0.1" a while ago.

I honestly have to say I had almost forgotten all about MH, DS, BM and consorts, which is weird, because anything mega horny is hard to forget to begin with, at least subconsciously.
    I think MH slumped into sleep from not being in the spot lights for so long, the lil' attention whore.

[EDIT:] What the hey is up with the Net these days? First my brother is registered on YouTube for no reason, then he's registered a second time on a forum he was at already, only with another name and with my e-mail address, then I get "2 unread" PM's on TPM which turn out to be from 2004 and 2003 IIRC (one from Lady Vulpix, if she recalls which), and now my trainer card disappeared from my sig until I edited it. [/random rant]
    Last edited by Crystalmaster Mike; 23rd September 2007 at 02:21 PM.
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yay, Mega Horny reappears! It seems like he's been gone forever, but I guess the timespan of the comic's vastly different from that in 'real life'. The saying 'sleep is for the weak' amuses me, although personally I do the opposite. 'Sanity is for the weak' is oft practiced though. And indeed there's a lot of fanfic mod conflict going on, isn't there? They just left Gavin in a rage and now there's whatever it is 'I'm' confiding to Brian. Probably the 'we're not supposed to decide on a new mod or the scary lady's retribution is to be feared' thing. Or the 'Kristian' thing. Panel 5 in #123's pretty... and so is panel 5 in #122, but in a different way. Ada-Brian shipping? Lol, as Brian said, I'm still in an unresolved triangle
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

The slaughter never ends. Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

#123: ...I wonder what's in those boxes in the background of the third panel? o.o

Anyway, I'm glad that Ada has someone to talk to about whatever's troubling her.

#124: Not just one, but TWO priceless Mega Horny quotes: one in the third panel, and one in the fifth. Awesome stuff. XD His expression in the third panel is glorious, too. XD

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#125)

DS: Nights are so much more fun. As the saying goes, the dawn is your enemy!

You're getting serious, at least. But it remains to be seen whether your comrades will do the same... who's to say?

*reads last paragraph*

Gabi: I've been saying my line for so long that I'm not sure where I got the inspiration... maybe it was from one of those shirts!

Stress can cause major problems. Like depression, which can make you want to sleep more. Don't fall victim to it, Gabi! Sleep is evil!

Toxicity: Serious or just scary?

Hehe, I'm glad you liked the humor. ^_^ Super Saiyan Gavin, huh? I'll have to remember that! Mega Horny's definitely... uh, something. And yes, that last one definitely didn't sound right.

What will happen next? What twists could I have in store for you? Or am I just randomly piecing together random colored pixels?

Considering that I earlier decided against including the "You're raping my mind!" phrase as a reference to Evangelion, I don't expect to include anything similar any time soon. But interesting thought nonetheless.

Blade: There's now officially an 80% chance of you never being seen again. Don't make the writer mad!

Then again, I could always have you be one of Dark Sage's flunkies. Since you'll be at the bottom of the chain of command, you'll report directly to Mega Horny, who will make you do degrading things like clean toilets with a toothbrush. From your room. How does that sound? ^_^

C-Master: Yes, I love double, triple, and even bigger multifold entendres. But how dare you insult the Cartoon Character Battle Tournament! I put a lot of work into that thing, dang it!

Heh, interesting saying. Might have to pick it up myself.

I'm actually a little glad you forgot about that rebellious group. That makes their reappearance all the more dramatic! And MH certainly didn't have a reason to stay awake, did he?

As for TPM, we've been having some odd glitches lately. One of the bigger ones is the occasional incident where no posts show up for about an hour, then all appear at once (leading, incidentally, to all kinds of accidental double posts and such). Might have to have the admins check it out, because it's been causing some problems.

Ada: Yeah, real life does not equal WotF. It's a troublesome concept. Mod conflict is definitely a lot more common in this plane of reality than it is in our Fanfic, isn't it? There are a lot of things Ada could want to talk about, I suppose. Glad the images are working well; my time searching has paid off! ^_^ But yes, you're a little preoccupied, I suppose. Have fun working out that one!

Sike: Oh, that's his barricade against ninjas. Yes, ninjas. Hooray for paranoia!

You're right that Ada has someone with whom she can talk. But will he listen?

Mega Horny's just full of awesome one-liners, you're right. It's a gift! Mega Horny is the king of comedy!

Let's change the focus.

#125: I hope I don't need to explain the title's meaning.

This page required an absurd amount of tweaking to get the dialogue in the last four panels to fit. That alone easily took a couple of hours... I considered condensing the words of the first two into one panel, but the it just didn't seem like it would be as effective. Instead I just fiddled with the images and got as much conciseness as possible.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hahaha! Roy is Shin Chan! Brilliant!

Oh, I have an idea on who this Belle is... should I tell em, Brian?

...or has it already been revealed? Sorry, I was just merely skipping through panels ^^;;
    Please take it easy~

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

So Fanfic is not inside TPM? That reminds me of the provinceof Corrientes in Argentina: they call themselves a Republic (not seriously, but recurrently). And don't worry about depression hitting me, Brian. There are too many good things in life to miss them by staying in bed.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

The RPG forum WILL take over the world. You'll all see. One day, you'll be wandering through fanfic, browsing stories, and then BANG! You'll turn into a sword-toting, trenchcoat-wearing bishie boy with a tragic past who's desperate to snog other men while defeating the forces of horribly clichéd evil. Mwahahahaha....

*cough* I mean, good last few pages Bri. Keep up the good workles. Have a lemon. (I think having a numb mouth has made me delirious... cursed dentists!)

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

* Who says I'm insulting your Tournament? I just didn't remember its name, was too lazy to check, and, admittedly, rightfully assumed you would tell me anyhow.
    * Yes, rebellious groups just popping up in front of your nose is enough to excite even a sloth (heh, while thinking of the animal's name I found the Dutch word means "slacker", literally).
    * If TPM ever decides to give me posts I never typed, I might be akin not to report it. That is, if their content is between reasonable limits.

Well, the female intuitives are close, but then again... they're way off. The FanFiccers (read: SSJ Gavin) had an excellent reason to be hostile... from their (read: his) point of view.

(Ack, st00pid laptop! Don't lose your connection all the time, nidwit! Pffeww, am I glad I try to C/P my post before posting it, or I might have had to retype all of the above.
    Technology, don't you just love it? To think I'm gonna make my profession out of it, too.)

Administrator

Thumbs down Re: War of the Forums (#125)

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel Overlord View Post
    *cough* I mean, good last few pages Bri. Keep up the good workles. Have a lemon. (I think having a numb mouth has made me delirious... cursed dentists!)
    Lemon is good. I removes tea stains from teeth.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Nah, it hasn't been revealed yet, Faiz. Although I think it's a no-brained to those who lurk enough. (I just realized my predictions were wrong, but the guesses of others were pretty much on the right track, if not correct) And I don't think I should say anything, either...

Lemons are my favorite fruit. And yeah, serious over scary although both could apply here.

But in terms of this page, Kalah's statement in the last panel is unusually funny because it's accurate for a lot of what goes on outside the walls here. (Although even then, Fanfic can be a dark and scary place courtesy of certain users that are best left unnamed...) However, we do understand a lot more of what's going on here. And in a way this "War of the Forums," if we can call it that yet, is starting to show signs of being a bit of an allegory for Fanfic's relationship to nearly the entirety of the rest of TPM.

As in, Fanfic seems to be an entirely different world in sharp contrast to, say, Misc., PCG, and RPG, and because of that, most users in/alumni of Fanfic tend to be in contact with each other than moreso that don't write their own for fun - as in, majority of TPM. "Their own" is emphasized because although RPG is the other writing hub, the whole working together in big groups occurs their in contrast to here where the works are solo with the rare, albeit notable, exception of two-writer works. (namely Symmetry)

Although I think I may be overanalyzing this for somebody not majoring in English. :x

And I noticed that confusion is still in surplus here, especially in the case of Belle; while she does seem to be comprehending the past tragedy of Martin's assasination (if the word fits) and what would have caused the confusion, even we as writers are still left wondering what this perceived threat was. Personally, I think it might be some threat of "more to come" by Jay and Kiyone that went unstated, but that's what suspense is for, right?

...I'm not dead yet!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#126)

Faiz: Yeah, Roy is Shin. And Belle is... someone.

Do you believe you should say who Belle is? Look into your heart. The answer you will find there is undoubtedly the right one. Unless it isn't.

Gabi: Why would Fanfic be part of The Planetary Marshals? They've never even met any TPMers! And don't stay in bed. In fact, don't ever visit it at all. Pack it away and embrace the joy of non-sleep!

Weasel: Your fascination with bishounen disturbs me. Uppity pretty boys!

Thanks for the compliment! I hope to keep the good work coming, whether or not the good times continue to roll...

Mike: Not remembering the name of the Cartoon Character Battle Tournament is the biggest insult you could possibly throw! I am appalled, sir!

If TPM ever makes posts that you didn't type - I can't stress this enough - let us know. Please, we want to know these things, as they may be important. Unless you were just too drunk to remember. In that case, we want to know so we can laugh at your incoherent babbling.

Intuition only goes so far. It provides clues to the truth, but it rarely reveals the details.

And I understand your frustration with losing your posts because of a bad connection. I've learned to pull a quick Ctrl+C on every post I make.

Toxicity: Lemons are your favorite fruit? How do you have them, as lemonade?

Heh, I'm glad the point within Kalah's point is getting through! There are all kinds of references, and they add up to a slightly distorted mirror image of Fanfic and TPM itself. As for calling it the War of the Forums... I'm inclined to agree with you, actually. We can't call it that yet. Hehehe... *smirks*

Your analysis of the relationships between Fanficcers and those of other TPMers is intriguing. You may not be over-analyzing as much as you think... anyone who pays close attention to the interactions between certain groups of people will notice specific mannerisms and traits.

Confusion is indeed in surplus... that's largely because there's a lot going on just beneath the surface. But in the case of TML's capture, I refer you to #35 and #37, when the mods basically decide to capture her in order to quell the public's potentially extreme reaction.

(I've always got a reference or two up my sleeve!)

Back to the partnership of contrasts!

#126: Anyone who didn't immediately recognize the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" reference has been living under a rock for the past decade.

Not that I'm implying any connotative meanings about Dark Sage. He's just very fashion-gifted, you see. Why shouldn't he share that natural talent?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Fashion gifted? Please, I buy off the rack.

Anyway, I'm starting to like the interactions between my character and MH. They're getting amusing to say the least. How about more?

I'd also like you to expand Shuppet Master's role. I see him as having more seniority as an apprentice, but the only thing he's really done so far has been to put MH in his place. He should be doing more for the cause than just standing around.

Keep it up. I await the inevitable conflict...

Elite Trainer

I actually eat lemon. Nothing special. It's a taste I guess I acquired at a very young age...

Yeah; I'm kinda starting to miss Shuppet Master's rounds of appearance. And basically a lot of people that aren't classified as moderators or b&. (aka, banned) Filler section, I guess, is a blessing; because fillers always end up in the plot somewhere.

Mega Horny's sarcasm is just too cute. Also, I don't think Dark Sage should be so modest. And by modest, I'm referring to his odd ways of discipline/punishment rather than fashion sense.

...I'm not dead yet!

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Lemons are your favorite fruit? How do you have them, as lemonade?
    Actually, I like pickles without anything. Of course, not as a whole meal. Just as an appetizer.

As for calling it the War of the Forums... I'm inclined to agree with you, actually. We can't call it that yet. Hehehe... *smirks*
    That holds some promise to the future, now doesn't it?

anyone who pays close attention to the interactions between certain groups of people will notice specific mannerisms and traits.
    ... Anyone, but me, apparently. I don't think I notice these traits outside of threads like QO, and in flame wars, but those don't count really, I guess

(I've always got a reference or two up my sleeve!)
    Good to keep an eye on the overal plot of this, huh? I mean, an index comes in handy to keep track of what happened in 126 pages.

Anyone who didn't immediately recognize the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" reference has been living under a rock for the past decade.?
    And what a fine rock it was... So humpy, and weighing a ton...

Well, hooray for the daily update! Not many threads in FF will have lived up to this, I think.
    Well, for a filler it's alright, what with the DS-MH chemistry. But I didn't recognize what MH restrained himself from saying in that one panel at first. I was like "What would DS give him a bull for?"

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

That last panel is absolutely priceless. I never knew Dark Sage could be such a sadistic bastard.

Then again, he is right about the hat...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default War of the Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    126: Anyone who didn't immediately recognize the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" reference has been living under a rock for the past decade.
    Is Mega wearing a dress? XD

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Administrator

I liked the last line a lot.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#127)

DS: The fact that you know what "off the rack" means demonstrates your fashion-giftedness. At least in comparison to yours truly.

Yeah, Dark Sage and Mega Horny make an odd pair. Perhaps more will come... hard to say at this point. Meaning, of course, that I choose not to. ^_^

So you want me to expand Shuppet's role? Hrm. I choose not to comment for more reasons than one.

Inevitability is fun, isn't it?

Toxicity: Wow. I'm starting to wonder if you killed all your taste buds...

Another demand for more of the non-mod, non-banned characters? My previous posts should be evidence enough of my intent. ^_^

I must say, you have an interesting definition of "cute."

Mike: Egh, pickles.

Promise for the future? What promise?

I admit I observe many interactions a lot more than other TPMers do. Maybe it's partially because of my area of study... I dunno. In any event, there are certain things you can learn about people from what they say on a forum...

It helps that I have every single page saved to my hard drive and conveniently sorted for fast observation. That makes it easy to recall minute points in a hurry.

I appreciate the compliment about the... um... difficulty for other threads! ^_^;; As for MH's comment, that was mostly an excuse for him to throw in an additional snide remark. Both for his sake and for mine.

Blade: See? Like I said, he's got killer fashion sense!

Charles: Nope. It's called a "gi," and it's used by many martial artists.

Gabi: Hehe. Glad you liked it!

Let's hit it!

#127: You've never seen mr_pikachu freak out like this. ...Well, okay, maybe you have.

The diehard Neon Genesis Evangelion fans among you should remember that "AT Field" is the abbreviation of this title.

This page was originally going to be called "Shock Therapy." But upon further consideration, I realized that just wasn't profound enough in this case.

Notice that last panel? I spent a couple of hours trying to get that image. Finally found a, uh... totally legal copy of End of Evangelion and captured the frame.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Uh-oh... did Brian do a naughty thing? Fer shaaaaame. BUT! If it brings us new pages of WotF, then the law be damned!

Haven't commented lately because I couldn't think of what to say, but I wholeheartedly approve of MH and DS's conversation.

Hmm... perhaps WotF-Brian knows something about this mystery woman (incidentally, am I the only one who thinks she really didn't look that much like Ada? I know a few other people have made that observation, but...). At any rate, after all that's happened so far, I highly doubt that WotF-Bri would display that level of shock just because this lady allegedly looks like Ada. That would entail more of a "Wait... what? She looked like you? That's weird. *arch eyebrows*" type of reaction, in my expert opinion.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Junior Trainer

#125: Hey now, merely capturing Becca wasn't overreacting. Capturing her and denying her Pocky--now that would have been overreacting. XP

#126:
    "And I think I understand the bull... I mean, purpose for my crack of dawn training."
    XD

His reaction to what he was made to wear was pretty damned hilarious, too, and I especially love that last panel. XD

#127: Oh, damn... Brian's expression in the last panel is just... wow. O_O; What's more, that reaction suggests that he knows something, and it'd surely be something major to get him to make THAT face about it, too. o.o

On a random note, I just caught myself having typed "panelpanel" in my comments on #127. O.o

Elite Trainer

I meant that, seeing as you say the war hasn't really even begun yet, that promises something for what is yet to come.

Hmm... *flashes back* Yeah, she did look like Ada relatively a lot. Either she used a forbidden account cloning technique, or... *ponders* Tell me, since you know a lot of the forums... Is it possible to travel back in time here?

Uh-oh, Brian knows something! For a change... *ducks, avoids missiles* JK, you the man, Bri! ^_^''
    Last edited by Crystalmaster Mike; 26th September 2007 at 08:15 AM.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Charles: Nope. It's called a "gi," and it's used by many martial artists.
    Oh, well well I guess your reference threw me off then....

And I agree ether Brian knows something or is in total shock or both..... XD

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 26th September 2007 at 03:47 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Elite Trainer

Shocking enough, my taste buds are just fine. o_O

But now that we realize that the young woman "identical" to Ada was somebody completely random, I'm starting to wonder if this arc is heading in the same direction as Monty Python and the Holy Grail. And if you know what I'm referring to with that thought, I think you understand when I hope that the ending isn't the same, either...

(if not, I'll explain later)

And waiting to get a copy of a movie just to get a specific screencap makes sense now; I always loved the face you used for Shinji. Not quite as epic as the constantly used "OH SHI-" face for Asuka that can be used on just about everything, but still pretty amazing. I still agree with everybody that thinks that the reaction was a little overboard, though.

...I still wonder exactly who the Ada-lookalike is, however.

...I'm not dead yet!

Geekier-than-thou. Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

For the record, technically, that's not a gi. That's a type of robe used by Onmyouji that I cannot possibly spell, so I won't even bother.

Though I have no idea who that character is or why he's in onmyou robes.

Now all I need is that 'THE MORE YOU KNOW!' star.
    スタートの合図 叫べ心 求めるまま
    窮屈で半端な日常は 飛び越えてやる
    ダッシュして輝く未来 ぜんぶ手の入れるさ
    信じてる絆を抱いて 賭けて行く明日へ

Veteran Trainer

You're getting sloppy, Brian... That face in the last panel, f**king hilarious as it may be, betrays a bit too much. I've already figured out our mystery girl's identity; now I just have to figure out her role in this story.

Hmmmmmmm...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Administrator

Brian knows everything. In a way.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#128)

Phoenix: I did nothing wrong! All is right with the world!

Yes, DS and MH are having a very enlightening chat. Good fun. ^_^

Heh, I'd say that Brian knows something. But what? What could be big and important enough for him to make that face?

Sike: You're right. It's criminal to deny anyone pocky!

Everyone loves the last panel! Glad it worked well. You've gotta love those witty one-liners, I suppose...

Yes, that's a pretty extreme face, even for Brian. What could he be thinking that would make him react in such a manner? Something about the previous panelpanel?

Mike: I knew what you meant. Kinda just messing with you. *chuckles*

Yeah, she did look a lot like Ada. What does it mean?

I see all! I know all! Bwahahahaha!

Charles: No trouble. And Brian's in a state of... something. That much is certain.

Toxicity: That's like someone who's near-blind arguing that they can see.

Was the person resembling Ada completely random? And no, this won't end like Holy Grail... I don't anticipate using a castle of stereotypical French people at all!

Yeah, when I have a specific image in mind, I'll do pretty much whatever it takes to get it. Want the pages to be as good as possible, especially considering the hours I spend working on them. But was the reaction really overboard?

Hinoryu: Okay, this is a valid point. Guess that's my martial arts training getting in the way of my perception. Still, it's not a dress.

So you want a star?

*smirks*

*grabs shuriken*

Blade: I rather doubt I've betrayed too much. Believe me.

Gabi: Knowledge is power. So beware!

Do you think you understand War of the Forums?
    You do not understand War of the Forums.

#128:
    Last edited by mr_pikachu; 27th September 2007 at 11:17 PM.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

That took a depressing turn really quickly.

Other than that, I definitely want to see where this one is going.

10 bucks says that the master of demise, etc. is one of the administrators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Good night and good luck! Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

...Dang, I missed quite a bit while busy with college stuff! O.o

I am quite glad that Mega Horny is back! Woot, hope to see more of his training! XD

Hm, now we are going back to that mystery girl that killed Jay finally. You seemed to left that mystery in the dark for quite a long time already.

Ah dang, the end is coming! Well, can't wait to see the remaning last panels of this story! (Something tells me I have a hunch which panel number will end XD )
    Also known as Bay =D

Best New Writer-2007 Silver Pencil Awards
    Most Dedicated Writer-2008 Silver Pencil Awards

Rid of the Scarlet Letter (One Shot)//Two Cities (Poem)//Forever Young (one shot)//Hounds of Goldenrod (one shot)

~Nothing, Everything~
    The stage is set. Goals will be achieved. History will come alive.
    Chapter Eighteen up (12/8/08)

Junior Trainer

You know, I can't help but wonder... Is it really true that "it's all over", that "the end of days is upon us", or is all that doom 'n' gloom just Brian just being melodramatic? If he's right and everything's about to go kerblooey (figuratively or literally), then that'll be awesome because chaos and destruction makes for fun reading material. If he's wrong and things aren't nearly as bad as he assumes, then it'll be awesome because he will have overreacted for nothing and that would be funny. XP

Elite Trainer

So, you want to toy with me, huh? Well, I don't suppose you were smart enough to check my last post (or the current one) for any hidden messages, were you?

Hmm, the end is nigh... What with all the references to the supreme overlord of evil, I thought you may have been referring to MoP, or possibly Mew4, but somehow, that doesn't seem as too likely a threat anymore. Hmm... Oh well, I revive my good-for-everything Bjarni theory. *poses* (The theory is good for everything, not Bjarni, mind you.)

^ XD, it would be funny if mp is just overreacting, but somehow, I don't think that may be the case. Blood, goor, violent slashes, a cosplaying MH... I think the worst might yet still be to come... O_v''

*Heh, I thought I had lost this post, so retyped it, was more happy with how I formulated it, discovered I did post it first time around, edited the first one, so hopefully now have made a better post all 'round*
    Last edited by Crystalmaster Mike; 27th September 2007 at 03:07 AM.

Administrator

I guess you're right. I don't understand what your in-comic counterpart is going on about. Although I figure it's closely related to that woman.

Veteran Trainer

Actually, Bri, that last panel may have made it painfully obvious...

Unless TPM's antics have pissed off Kevin, and he's on his way now to ban everybody.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Aaahhh, it's beautiful scary words of doom! I like the structure of #128 a lot; very refreshing change from the usual six panels. So the blue-haired lady is teh first sign? Is this the doom thy were talking about in #2? About why the blue-haired lady looks lik 'me', at first I thought it was just a device to make 'me' describe her looks and make Brian realise who she is, but that would be a bit of a let-down. Perhaps it's the attack of the botched Ada-clones Come to think of it, I assume the blue-haired lady isn't a fanficcer since Gavin and 'I' don't know about her. So shouldn't she have registered on the alien lookout? Unless she disappeared once the system was up again... maybe she made the system go down in the first place. Wow I'm slow.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

...Much as I'm enjoying WotF in general, am I the only one who's sick of demons out to destroy the universe? What happened to all of the corrupt politicians, or even d00m-ish monsters that just want to destroy Nebraska or something because everyone else has left them well alone? Brian, you'd better have something damn original up your sleeve here. (Or maybe, as Sike suggested, WotF-Bri could just be overreacting, which, while unlikely, would indeed be quite funny.)

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#129)

What the... #128 does not exist?

*re-uploads*

Hypotenuse: Depressing? Perhaps. But hopefully also exciting.

One of the admins, you think? Hmm... interesting.

Seadra: Hey, it happens. But at least it's easy to catch up, right?

MH returns! What comedic shenanigans will follow?

And what's with that girl who killed Jay? Who could she be, and why would she jump in and annihilate the enemies of the state?

Last, but not least... is the end near, or is the end near? ^_^;;

Sike: Well, Brian has overreacted to things before. Just look back at #8 and the events that followed if there's any doubt of that. But what's them reality of this situation? What powers are at work here? Mythical spirits? Evil invaders? Vicious rebels? Maniacal insanity? We'll find out soon enough...

Mike: I saw the hidden message. Just chose to ignore it, as I'm doing with your latest Easter egg.

There are a number of potentially catastrophic threats, really. Perhaps this "nameless fiend" is something resembling the nuclear winter that we've all come to fear in this age of radical politics and atomic weaponry. Or maybe it could be Bjarni.

Maybe the worst is yet to come, as you believe. Or maybe the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Gabi: He's definitely got something on his mind. But what could lead him to such an extreme conclusion?

Blade: Yeah, I still don't know what you're going on about. But whatever it is that you're thinking, we'll see if you happen to be right.

Ada: Doom is beautiful? Huh. Well, I thought the format shift would be a nice change. Yes, her appearance is the first sign, at least according to Brian. But was he really recognizing this so far in advance, or was something else on his mind then? Hmm. At any rate, fear the Ada clones! They will destroy all! *laughs* And why didn't you guys recognize her? Does she just move too fast to be captured by our vast surveillance network, or is there something else going on? I suppose there are a number of possible explanations... let the theorizing begin! Er, continue!

Phoenix: Oh, c'mon. Demons destroying the universe is an exciting concept! Of course, perhaps there's something slightly different happening here... you should know that I always try to incorporate some originality, even when whatever's happening feels stereotypical on the surface. Not to worry. I'm sure that everything will become clear once Brian wakes up in a straitjacket.

Er, wait...

Let us continue.

#129: Yeah, this is as normal as Brian gets. Sometimes you really have to pity Ada.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Elite Trainer

Oh, so it was a fit of Brian's, not an ominous warning against coming evil? Or was it?

I like how suddenly he's all action and no play, really out-of-character behaviour there. Hmm... Maybe he did just snap.

And what book could he be searching? The Book of Shadows? The 'How To Cook (((For) Forty) Humans)' Book? The long lost 8th Harry Potter book? ...

Boy, would I like it to be the last option.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong View Post
    ...Much as I'm enjoying WotF in general, am I the only one who's sick of demons out to destroy the universe?
    No. You're an unwell, disturbed individual and should seek psychiatric assistance immediately.

Incidentally, am I the only one who loves how non-TML characters can change their clothes in public and in the span of a few nanoseconds in this webcomic and nobody seems to notice or care? That gets me everytime. Seriously. Really.

Also, on a rather serious note, I'm afraid I have to reiterate my earlier concern about this comic: I can understand that times are tough right now, but the Mods seem to be getting too much attention. Ada, Gavin, and/or Bri have been in almost every comic since #100, and now the RPG Mods have been introduced. The regular members of the forum haven't been getting any screentime save for Dark Sage and his league of veritable screw-ups, and even they've been pushed nearly out of the picture. What's the deal?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    The regular members of the forum haven't been getting any screentime [...]. What's the deal?
    True. Even for the TPM members in general! Why don't you (Brian) amuse us with a quick snapshot of random newbie posters? What about CarlVGF, huh? Doesn't he have every right to as much attention as MH? Huh, doesn't he? DOESN--- *is thwomped*

Uh, well, any way, yeah, it might be a good idea to shift focus from time to time when the plot allows for it; not that 'The Life and Times of Mr. Brian' isn't interesting! Then again, in war stories, the action mostly focuses on the main characters, while all around nameless red shirts are dying. Reminds me of another fic arch I'm following ATM by DragoKnight.

Administrator

Yes, I pity Ada quite a lot.