Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Box Question

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default The Official Pokemon Box Thread

I heard somewhere you can get Softboiled Clefable/Togetic using box. Is this true?

I don't think so.. At least I haven't heard about it, and I didn't get it.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Pikachu
    You get a Ralts with Wish instead of a Pichu with Surf in the Japanese version of Pokémon Box.
    I can now confirm that even with the Japanese version of Box you get a Pichu with Surf. I got it today.

To sum it up:

1st Egg: Swablu with False Swipe -> after first connection to Box
    2nd Egg: Zigzagoon with Extremespeed -> after putting 100 Pokemon into Box
    3rd Egg: Skitty with Payday -> after putting 500 Pokemon into Box
    4th Egg: Pichu with Surf -> after putting 1499 Pokemon into Box

This is true for all language versions of Pokemon Box.
    Regards,
    Gagome

Do you know where the idea of Wish Ralts came from? Everyone thought the Japanese Version of Pokemon Box would have a Wish Ralts but you've now confirmed this isn't the case. A Gardevoir with Wish might have been handy for battles but that's a Pokemon who can make use of Chesto Rest. Surf Pichu is always better than a Wish Ralts anyway if you think about it.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

After I got my Japanese Pokemon Box game I was searching the web for informations about this game. Then I stumbled upon a page on serebii.net describing the four eggs you could get randomly whenever you connect to Box for the first time. This web site listed four Pokemon: Swablu, Zigzagoon, Skitty and Ralts you can get this way.
    I wasted several days trying to get another Pokemon besides Swablu. I reseted my games and connected to Box at several different hours trying to get some other Pokemon than a Swablu. Of course I never succeeded. All I got was a Swablu. According to serebii.net's web site it depends on the time of day what kind of Pokemon Egg I may get.
    Of course, we all know now that this information at serebii.net's web site was wrong.
    I am not sure if serebii.net was the first web site who mentioned a Ralts with Wish. For me it was the first and only one where I found this false information.
    Regards,
    Gagome

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I've just filled Box upto 1499 pokes but I got no Pichu egg. Do all stored pokemon need to have my OT/IDNo., or is something else wrong?

EDIT: After trying purely my OT/ID No. it still didnt work, but then I realised my showcases had old teams that were no longer in box, I deleted the showcases and refilled the traded pokemon into box and got my Surfchu egg.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Roughly how long does it take you to fill up all that space. Does a spore slasher (or whatever they are called) help alot. I want a Surfchu and pay day skitty (don't know why I want the skitty. ^_^
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    Roughly how long does it take you to fill up all that space. Does a spore slasher (or whatever they are called) help alot. I want a Surfchu and pay day skitty (don't know why I want the skitty. ^_^
    Get a high levelled Pokemon and go back to the very start with all the low levelled Pokemon. Now just use a load of Nest Balls on them all because Nest Balls work best on low levelled Pokemon.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

^_^ thanks andy. You're always full of knowledge.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by andyizcool
    Get a high levelled Pokemon and go back to the very start with all the low levelled Pokemon. Now just use a load of Nest Balls on them all because Nest Balls work best on low levelled Pokemon.
    The problem I see with this that a Nest Ball costs 1000. You will quickly run out of money and have to do some things to get money.
    I bought only normal Pokeballs (they cost 200). I bought only "10 at a time" and I got a Premier Ball for each 10 Balls I bought. This saves a few Pokedollars too. Then I used a high leveled Breelom with False Swipe on routes with low level Pokemon. I used False Swipe once and then threw the Pokeball. To be even more efficient I used 3 PP Ups on Breelom's False Swipe, so it has a total PP of 64! I could catch 64 Pokemon before I had to visit a Pokemon Center to heal.
    This worked perfectly and saved a lot of money.
    Regards,
    Gagome

I think Pokemon Box will soon be coming to the UK and maybe Europe to buy in shops. I've recently been searching a few video game shop websites and found Pokemon Box for sale. It's definitely the PAL Version and it comes with a 59 Memory Card like the one you could have ordered from the Official Nintendo website for 4000 Stars.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Interesting... we've had Box in the shops in Australia for at least a month. Normally UK gets GCN releases before us...
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

You can still get it in the Colosseum Mega Pak Bundle, but if you already have a Gamecube your pretty screwed as far as getting Box over here

Quote Originally Posted by cloudizme
    You can still get it in the Colosseum Mega Pak Bundle, but if you already have a Gamecube your pretty screwed as far as getting Box over here
    Pokemon Box will always be in that Pokemon Colosseum Mega Pak Bundle until they stop making the Pokemon Colosseum Mega Pak Bundles. Like I said you can't be screwed because I've found Pokemon Box (PAL) online for sale just recently so it might be coming to UK shops too. Pokemon Box might be around Ł20-Ł30 so I'm lucky I got it off the Official Nintendo website for 4000 Stars because I won't be buying many more Nintendo games.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I got it with the mega pak bundle (even though my brother already had a cube). It was a great reason to get a gamecube (as well as sonic adventure 2: battle). Also they seem to have filled the stars catalouge with useless crap like wallpapers (for your PC) and taken everything good out. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT.

So on topic how long did it take you to get that amount of pokes.

It was a great reason to get a gamecube (as well as sonic adventure 2: battle).
    Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle are the only reasons to have a GameCube in my opinion. I think Pokemon Colosseum was a real let down although I do use Pokemon Box a lot to store a load of my Pokemon and massively transfer them between Pokemon Versions.

Also they seem to have filled the stars catalouge with useless crap like wallpapers (for your PC) and taken everything good out. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT.
    It always has rubbish in it everytime you look. Once I noticed Pokemon Box was in there a friend of mine got a few extra Codes so I could have 4000 Stars for it.

So on topic how long did it take you to get that amount of pokes.
    A week of forcing my brother to catch Pokemon for me while I was at school. 8)

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

A week of forcing my brother to catch Pokemon for me while I was at school.
    OMG how did you get him to do that. Also see you are a sonic fan, I love sonic, except sonic heroes it compeletly SUCKS.

OMG how did you get him to do that. Also see you are a sonic fan, I love sonic, except sonic heroes it compeletly SUCKS.
    You see when you're older and have a Debit Card to order online and he wants stuff online you can get him to do anything. Sonic Heroes is the worse of the Sonic games and I only liked the Last Chapter to see my hero Super Sonic. To stay on topic with Pokemon Box you should be happy if you got it with the Pokemon Colosseum Mega Pak Bundle or from the Official Nintendo website. Simply because Pokemon Box is going to be around Ł20-Ł30 unless they realise it's a game like Pokemon Channel and sell it for Ł20.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I think I can get Box for around AU$45 here in Australia (IIRC the retail is $49.95 but some stores have it on special). That's around Ł18-Ł20 at the moment. Link cable, memory card and all.
    rinku

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sounds like a good deal, not that I care having already got it and all.

does box come with jirachi in australia??

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

No it comes with Channel (for the umpteenth time). But if you are really sure it doesn't come with channel in australia, then import it from the UK. UK games are PAL same as Australia, so it should work on your gamecube.

okay.. so is it on a bonus disc.. or could i like, rent the game and trade off jirachi??

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

No. It's on the regular Channel disk - once you've completed the game it gives you the chance to upload Jirachi. AFAIK you would be fine to get a rental copy, but you'll have to have it long enough to complete the game.
    rinku

how long does it take most people to complete the game??

Quote Originally Posted by mew420
    how long does it take most people to complete the game??
    About 5 days waiting for new channels to come on TV. Unless you trick the GameCube clock and make days go by. Then the game will take about 2 hours to complete because it's so short and easy.

oooooooooooooookay.. now we're talking..

so how do you "trick" the clock??

oooooooooooooookay.. now we're talking..

so how do you "trick" the clock??
    Everytime you've completed the events for that day save your game. Now take the Disc out of the GameCube and go to your clock settings. Just move the day a day forward. So when you play Pokemon Channel again it'll think it's the next day and the next lot of events happen.

okay.. how many 'days' need to pass before the game can be completed?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

You'll need to complete all of a days events before the next days events will occur. It takes a total of 5 completed "days" until you clear the game and Jirachi may then be downloaded to RuSa.

would it be worth hiring to do this or would i end up paying full price for the game in late fees and have to hand it back??

would it be worth hiring to do this or would i end up paying full price for the game in late fees and have to hand it back??
    I completed Pokemon Channel in about 3 hours doing the game and changing the clock every now and then. You should just need to hire this game for about a day to get the Jirachi to download to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

looks like i'm gunna spend half this weekend looking for a video store that rents channel, and the other half catching the cheeky little critter..

cheers andy..