Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Edretah (Ref: DL SHARK ATTACK)

Your juice is like wine Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: BTPok

Very well. Shadow Claw x2 ~ Draco Meteor
    Signature under construction (Once I have access to more than a mouseless Macbook and a DSi)
    White Version Friend Code: 4041 2948 7053

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: BTPok

Ice Beam until you die! Er, faint.

SCIENCE!

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Master Madiston (Ref: BTPok

Well... I guess that's rather interesting. No matter, I guess it really doesn't matter, anyway.

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya Mr. Madister
    Arena: Testing Room
    A fairly large padded room in the size of a square with one side dominated by a one way mirror allowing experiments to be viewed safely and dutifully.
    Half of the floor is red, the other half is blue, allowing for simulated effects to occur.
    In this instance, it brings up holographic representations of legendaries.

Loading Data from Legendary Pokemon Database. Please wait...

Data Retrieval Complete

Current Score: 1-0

Team Rossymore

Mesprit
    Levitate
    23/100 HP
    0/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk
    -2 Atk.

Burned (-3 HP per turn)
    Light Screen (1 turn)
    Ice Beam SPAM!

Team Madister

Rayquaza
    Air Lock
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP
    Shadow Claw ~ Shadow Claw ~ Draco Meteor

Field Effects: None

Round 6

It seems that we have a substitution in the works, and it isn't just the one legendary. Gigya has gone MIA, and a replacement has stepped in for SCIENCE! Madister steps up to what used to be Gigya's side of the field, and Rayquaza appears before him, eager to fight.

Rayquaza and Mesprit clash in a flash of white and dark light, as Rayquaza's Shadow Claw clashes with Mesprit's ice beam. Both moves do super effective damage (Manaphy's doing considerably more), but the smoke clears to show that Manaphy has bit the holographic dust.
    [Manaphy: -16 health; -6 health (exhaustion); -3 health (BURN); KO'ed ¦ Rayquaza: -22 health; -10 energy]

With the round over, the computers begin working once more, and the holograms disappear.

Simulation Over.

Science Collaboration Point Awarded to Mr. Madister.

Randomly Generating Next Legendary Matchup.

Please wait...

Pokemon Selected. Activating Hologram Devices.

The hologram devices light up once more, and Two pokemon take to the theoretical stage.

On the Blue Side, we have:

Phione, the spawn of the prince of the sea (would that also make him a prince...?)
    Randomly-Generated ability: Hydration

On the Red Side, we have:

Kyogre, the REAL ruler of the sea
    Randomly-Generated ability: Drizzle

¦ Post-Round ¦

Current Score: 1-1

Team Rossymore

Phione
    Hydration
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP

Team Gigya

Kyogre
    Drizzle
    78/100 HP
    90/100 EP

Field Effects: None (yet. The Drizzle will take effect at the beginning of the next round)

Rossy to command Next.
    Exhaustion: For every 2 energy points you use after hitting 0 EP, you lose 1 hp.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 22nd September 2012 at 07:00 AM.

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Master Madiston (Ref: BTPok

Well, firstly, it's Mespirit, not Manaphy and also the images at the end need to be changed.

Okay, looking over Phione's movepool, it's rubbish and this thing is not a Legendary, not with those stats and it should be excluded from future, adorable... thing that it is.

Grass Knot ~ Signal Beam ~ Grass Knot.

Elite Trainer

I believe this was within the very first post of the thread :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossymore View Post
    Also, Rotom and Phione can be selected, because when the hell is Phione ever going to be used in battle.
    I guess that was your own undoing xD

Anyway, the mistakes are fixed. Thanks for spotting what my eyes at the time couldn't. Honestly, I can't believe I forgot what I did xD

Elite Trainer

God I didn't think it'd actually be picked! There are like a million other Legendaries! Gaaah.

Elite Trainer

actually, there are only 47 other legendaries that can be picked (if you don't count rotom, then 46 :3)

Beginning Trainer

Rossy, I believe you're up.
    Signature under construction (Once I have access to more than a mouseless Macbook and a DSi)

Elite Trainer

Well, firstly, it's Mespirit, not Manaphy and also the images at the end need to be changed.

Okay, looking over Phione's movepool, it's rubbish and this thing is not a Legendary, not with those stats and it should be excluded from future, adorable... thing that it is.

Grass Knot ~ Signal Beam ~ Grass Knot.
    Dear sir, I do believe it is your turn.

Beginning Trainer

Ah, sorry about that. Won't happen again.

Thunder Wave ~ Shock Wave x2

Elite Trainer

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya Mr. Madister
    A fairly large padded room in the size of a square with one side dominated by a one way mirror allowing experiments to be viewed safely and dutifully.
    Half of the floor is red, the other half is blue, allowing for simulated effects to occur.

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Phione
    Hydration
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP

Team Madister

Kyogre
    Drizzle
    78/100 HP
    90/100 EP

Field Effects: None (yet. The Drizzle will take effect at the beginning of the next round)

Round 6

We got a weird little matchup. So-called King of the Sea, Kyogre, vs. Phione, the Son/daughter of the so-called Prince of the Sea. Let's watch for SCIENCE!
    Kyogre starts things off by Roaring up at the theoretical skies, calling in rain clouds that begin to pour rain.
    [Field Effect: Permanent Rain]

Phione begins hopping around before slamming its palms on the floor. Its arms seem to sink into the floor (and turn a slight tint of green), and vines begin to snake along the floor of the arena. Kyogre begins to charge up some blue electricity to launch at Phione, but the vines manage to reach Kyogre's Back fin. The vine pulls kyogre's tail onto the ground with surprisingly incredible force, and Kyogre roars in pain. The sudden interruption causes kyogre's aim with his attack to be off slightly, but that was enough for phione to Barely dodge the Thunder Wave. Phione wipes its brow with its arm, having just dodged a metaphorical bullet. Not that it would've mattered if the paralysis hit, considering Phione's ability that allows it to heal status ailments during rain.
    [Kyogre: -16 health; -5 energy ¦ Phione: -10 energy]

Kyogre continues its electricity barrage (really, how is he not shocking HIMSELF?) by shooting a ray of electricity directly up into the air. This electricity collects into a ball of plasma that shoots a ray of electricity directly at Phione, hitting it directly. Phione responds by launching a tri-beam of energy that strikes kyogre square in the face. Sadly, it doesn't manage to confuse him.
    [Kyogre: -7 health; -8 energy ¦ Phione: -11 health; -8 energy]

Kyogre shoots his ray of electricity up into the air once more. Meanwhile, Phione plants its paws into the floor once more. Seconds later, a vine wraps itself around Kyogre's tail just as the ray of electricity is launched at Phione. As Phione gets hit with more electricity, it manages to use the vine to slam Kyogre on the ground once more.
    [Kyogre: -16 health; -8 energy ¦ Phione: -11 health; -10 energy]

With the round over, the computers begin working once more, and the holograms disappear.

Simulation Over.

Please wait...

The hologram devices light up once more, and Two pokemon take to the theoretical stage.

On the Blue Side, we have:

Well, it's about time this happened. Looks like Rossy gets a Shiny Latias this time around.
    Ability: Levitate

On the Red Side, we have:

And it looks like we have the Therian Landorus as Madister's Pokemon. This will be an interesting Matchup.
    Ability: Intimidate (will take effect at beginning of next round)

¦ Post-Round ¦

Team Rossymore

Latias
    Levitate
    78/100 HP
    72/100 EP

Team Madister

Therian Landorus
    Intimidate
    39/100 HP
    69/100 EP

Field Effects
    Permanent Rain: Due to the effects of Drizzle, there is now permanent Rainfall (even with Kyogre gone. The Rain will only go away if something changes it).
    Water Type Moves: +3
    Fire Type Moves: -3
    Solar Beam: +1 turn to Recharge

Madister to Post Next

Ref notes:
    -Never realized how cool Shiny Latias looks
    -Any mistakes, please mention (although I'm almost completely sure there aren't any this time)
    Last edited by BTPoke; 28th January 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Elite Trainer

Ooh, I was bad last round, as my Manaphy didn't use Heart Swap for the second action. Therefore, for my second action as we've already seen Mist Ball, I'll do nothing.

But you still need to attack Madison.

Elite Trainer

Ooh, I was bad last round, as my Manaphy didn't use Heart Swap for the second action. Therefore, for my second action as we've already seen Mist Ball, I'll do nothing.

But you still need to attack Madison.
    Manaphy? You had a Phione for the previous round, and Phione doesn't learn heart swap, so you're all good in that area.

Elite Trainer

SHHHHHH! Don't make me look bad!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Ignore it then. I'll just whack my palm to my face for the next five minutes.

Elite Trainer

*pokes opponent* You have such muscular arms...

Elite Trainer

Well that's two people who have disappeared due to SCIENCE! Anyone else want to take a crack at this?

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Someone Active (Ref: BTPoke

I think I might want to go to the next Testing Room, but I'm still hopeful.

Starve The Ego, Feed The Soul Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Someone Active (Ref: BTPoke

Il battle you
    Edretah
    Level 90 Tauren BM/Survival Hunter
    VS SEEKER

"Kind and courteous is a life I've heard, but its so nice to say that we played in the dirt."
    -Jason Mraz

Elite Trainer

Excellent! Hopefully the nether realm will choose to spare a person such as yourself, although the previous two have not be so lucky. It is your move.

Junior Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Edretah (Ref: BTPoke)

Whats my legendary and stuff
    Edretah
    VS SEEKER

"Kind and courteous is a life I've heard, but its so nice to say that we played in the dirt."
    -Jason Mraz

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Edretah (Ref: BTPoke)

You're pretty much replacing Madister (and his predecessor) in this battle, so you get a Therian Landorus this round.

Also don't forget to look over the battle a bit to get a feel of how it works.

Junior Trainer

Gravity ~ Fissure ~ Fissure/Outrage (If it doesn't land the first time/If for some reason, my opponent lives)

If Rossy decides to make Gravity not work:

Bulk Up ~ Outrage x2

Also, what is my standing right now? How many Pokemon do i have left? I know that the actual Pokemon changes every round, but i think you know what i mean.
    Last edited by Edretah; 18th January 2013 at 02:16 PM.
    Edretah
    VS SEEKER

-Jason Mraz

Elite Trainer

It's pretty much a 3v3, but I set it up as a point system.
    First to 3 points wins.

Elite Trainer

Fissure? Are OHKO moves part of the usual no stuff to use clause?

Whatever, Ice Beam ~ Mist Ball ~ Ice Beam. That should knock it out.

Elite Trainer

I hope the ref hasn't been cursed as well...

Notverysubtlepoketowardsthelovelyguywho'sprobablyb usywithreallifeandsuchandisprobablyhavingabitofdif ficultyreadingthisbutstopreadingthisandgetreffing! Please?

Elite Trainer

I wouldn't exactly say "busy with real life," but here's the thing. All the stuff I need for this battle all happens to be on one computer. Every time I get onto that computer, though, I happened to forget to work on this battle.

So I guess you can chalk it up to laziness/forgetfulness xD

I'll be sure to have this done sometime tonight, though.

Elite Trainer

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya Mr. Madister Edretah!

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Latias
    Levitate
    78/100 HP
    72/100 EP

Team Edretah

Therian Landorus
    Intimidate
    39/100 HP
    69/100 EP

Field Effects
    Permanent Rain: Due to the effects of Drizzle, there is now permanent Rainfall (even with Kyogre gone. The Rain will only go away if something changes it).

Round 6

Before we start this round, let's allow our scientists to note that Landorus' new ability, Intimidate, allows a slight drop in Latias' attack power as soon as he's let out to battle.
    [Latias: -1 attack]

Latias starts out the simulation by firing a prismatic pulse of glacial energy directly at what most likely would be Landorus' sternum. That seems to cause quite a bit of damage, but there seem to be no signs of Landorus Freezing. Landorus responds to the ice beam with a primal roar from deep within his throat before psychically changing the pull of gravity, therefore pulling Latias to the ground and rendering her ability, Levitate, useless.
    Thankfully, the change in gravity only affects the testing room, and not any rooms around it (namely the observation room, of course)
    [Latias: -10 energy ¦ Landorus: -22 health; ]
    [Field Effect: Gravity (5 turns)

Latias, being the statistically faster pokemon of the duo, is the first to make a move. Latias forms a ball of mist by collecting moisture from the air and condensing it into a tightly-packed ball. Once the mist ball is formed, Latias throws the ball Landorus' way.
    Despite the fact that the ball is formed from mist, the moisture is pact into an incredibly dense form, making the water aspect null and void, and replacing that aspect with that of the psychic aspect.
    #themoreyouknow
    Before Landorus has the chance to even do anything, he's struck in the face by that very same ball of mist. The dense mist ball explodes into a cloud of fog, and Landorus' vision is obscured by about 16.358%. That doesn't seem to stop Landorus, however, from attempting a OHKO move to end Latias instantly. Landorus stomps his paw on the ground with as much force as he can muster (the attack causes enough theoretical force that the seismic replicators are at 52.3% power in order to replicate it), and a crack begins to form in the simulation. As the crack slowly inches toward latias, she expertly dives - er... rolls - out of the way of the slowly growing crack.

Well, fissure doesn't have a probability of 30.2325189% for nothing...
    [Latias: -10 energy ¦ Landorus: -11 health; -15 energy]
    [Field Effect: Gravity (4 turns)

Obviously ashamed at the fact that his previous attack missed (funny... we didn't program the legendaries with personalities), Landorus raises his paw to try once more at ending his foe.
    However, his plan is cut short when a beam of ice approximately -36.39 degrees Fahrenheit strikes him in the face. Landorus cries out in agony (hmm... we didn't program cries of agony, either) one last time before falling to the ground, KO'ed.
    Not only does the frigid beam max out the damage-dealt limit for this round, but it also manages to knock out Landorus, bringing the Scientist Rossymore up to 2 points.
    [Latias: -10 energy ¦ Landorus: -21 health; KO'ed]
    [Field Effect: Gravity (3 turns)

Simulation Over.

One Science Collaboration Point awarded to Rossymore.

Please wait...

On the Blue side, we have:

And Rossymore has now taken control of the colossal continental cretin of sort-of creation, Groudon!
    (arceus help us all)
    Ability: Drought (will take effect at the beginning of the next round)

On the Red side, we have:

The Beast of the Sea, Lugia!
    Sadly, Lugia's pretty much grounded by the Gravity (should've thought ahead on that one, Edritah )
    Ability: Multiscale
    Well ain't that fitting? You got a pokemon with Multiscale, and it's actually at full health. Isn't it funny how things work like that?

¦ Post-Round ¦

Current Score: 2-1

Team Rossymore

Groudon
    Drought
    78/100 HP
    42/100 EP
    -1 attack

Team Madister

Lugia
    Multiscale
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP

Field Effects
    Permanent Rain (not so permanent next turn xD): Due to the effects of Drizzle, there is now permanent Rainfall (even with Kyogre gone. The Rain will only go away if something changes it).

Gravity:
    Disables moves and immunities that involve flying or levitating for five turns.
    (3 turns left

Rossy to Post Next

Ref notes:
    -Tried a more "Scientific" approach with my reffing this time (mostly to make up for how lazy I've been )

Elite Trainer

Whilst it was scientific, Fissure only has 30% accuracy in Gen I and it wouldn't have worked in that gen since, as you said yourself, Latias was faster then Landorus. However, because levels aren't in ASB, we can assume everything is Level 100, giving Fissure the accuracy of 30%, but, under Gravity, everything has -2 in evasion, therefore bringing the accuracy to 0.3 x (1/0.6) = 0.48%

I think you need to calculate again.

Elite Trainer

ok, To be honest, I made up all those percentages that I put into that reffing just to make it more entertaining to read xD

Elite Trainer

Thought as much, I just noticed you hadn't listed the -2 evasion as an effect of Gravity, so I was wondering if you had applied that to Fissure.

Alright, we'll got for AncientPower to begin with. Then Thunderbolt, then Flamethrower.

Junior Trainer

Blizzard - Giga Drain after that Thunderbolt - Blizzard
    Edretah
    VS SEEKER

-Jason Mraz

Elite Trainer

I'll have the next round up tomorrow. I'd have it up today, but I'm swamped with homework at the moment. Sorry for the delay!

Elite Trainer

Also, yes, I did forget the -2 evasion that Gravity grants. However, I redid the RNG(with the -2 evasion in mind), and it still ended up missing. So nothing really changed.

Battle Simulation:

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Groudon
    Drought
    78/100 HP
    42/100 EP
    -1 attack

Team Edretah

Lugia
    Multiscale
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP

Field Effects
    Rain Dance (will shortly change to Drought)

Gravity (3 turns)
    -2 evasion for all pokemon affected
    Disables moves and immunities that involve flying or levitating for five turns.

Round 7

It seems that the legendaries just won't stop changing the weather, and Groudon's ability causes the rain simulators to retract, with heat lamps quickly replacing them. A sweltering drought is forced upon the fake arena, and any traces of water quickly fade.
    [ Field Effect: Permanent Sunlight ]

Lugia opens up by attempting to cool things down a bit with a nice blizzard. Although the power of said blizzard drops a bit due to the intense heat, it still does a bit of damage towards groudon.
    Groudon responds by telekinetically lifting various (Styrofoam) rocks into the air, and sending them towards Lugia. The attack seems to do quite a bit to the grounded flyer.
    [Groudon: -9 health; -8 energy ¦ Lugia: -10 health; -10 energy]
    Field Effect: Gravity (2 turns remaining)]

As Groudon charges up electricity for a thunderbolt attack, Lugia decides to wait for the attack to be performed. The thunderbolt is launched Lugia's way, and Lugia is struck dead-on. After taking the hit rather valiantly, Lugia responds by firing a needle Groudon's way. The needle strikes, and Groudon's health is slowly sapped by a Giga Drain.
    [Groudon: -10 health; -10 energy ¦ Lugia: -12 health; +5 health; -10 energy]
    [Field Effect: Gravity (one turn)]

Lugia, deciding that another blizzard might help things, decides to repeat its attack from the first turn of the round.
    Groudon responds by firing a slew of flames from its mouth. The flamethrower and Blizzard collide in a clash of fire and ice.
    Due to the intensity of the sun, however, The flamethrower is strengthened, while the Blizzard is weakened. It doesn't take long before the flames overtake the cold winds and proceed to strike Lugia directly.
    Once the deadly barrage of flames ends, however, the Gravity is lifted. Lugia takes to the skies for the remainder of its appearance.
    [Groudon: -8 energy ¦ Lugia: -13 health; -10 energy]
    [Field Effect: gravity]

Simulation Over.

Please wait...

Name: Thundurus
    Form: Incarnate
    Ability: Defiant

Name: Suicune
    Ability: Water Absorb

Well, it seems like Edretah kind of gets the short end of the stick this time around.

¦ Post-Round ¦

Team Rossymore

Thundurus (Incarnate Form)
    Defiant
    59/100 HP
    16/100 EP
    -1 attack

Team Edretah

Suicune
    Water Absorb
    70/100 HP
    70/100 EP

Field Effects

Permanent Sunlight
    This field effect will remain until it is overtaken
    Fire type moves: +3 power
    Water & ice type moves: -3 power
    Solar Beam: -1 turn to charge

Edretah to Post Next

Junior Trainer

Calm Mind x3

Sub in Mirror Coat if he uses any attacks that make mirror coat work, and use Protect against physical electric attacks... Lol
    Edretah
    VS SEEKER

-Jason Mraz

Elite Trainer

Wild Charge x3. Let's see how lucky you are with Protect.

Elite Trainer

Battle Simulation:

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Thundurus (Incarnate)
    Defiant
    59/100 HP
    16/100 EP
    -1 attack

Team Edretah

Suicune
    Water Absorb
    70/100 HP
    70/100 EP

Field Effects
    Permanent Sunlight

Round 8

Thundurus prepares his next offensive maneuver by charging up electricity. This is followed by Thundurus charging towards Suicune, electricity in his wake.
    Seeing this maneuver, Suicune is quick to assemble a protective wall that stops the attack in its tracks.
    [Thundurus: -8 energy¦ Suicune: -10 energy]

2nd verse, same as the first! Thundurus charges towards suicune once more, static entrails and all, and Suicune flashes up another protective barrier. As Thundurus makes contact with the barrier, however, some rather large and obvious cracks begin to form. Before anyone can even say "Oops," The protective barrier breaks, and suicune is hit full-force with a Wild Charge.
    [Thundurus: -4 health; -8 energy¦ Suicune: -12 health; -10 energy]

Thundurus, once more, charges towards Suicune with a Wild Charge.
    Determined not to be struck again, Suicune tries another go at the Protective Barrier. As Thundurus strikes the barrier for a third time, the two legendaries locked in stares filled with malice, some stray cracks begin to appear on the surface of the Barrier. Suicune spots these cracks, and Thundurus' eyes spot the very same cracks. Confident that he's about to overcome the accursed barrier for a second time, Thundurus sports a grin while keeping up with his attack.
    As Thundurus makes it obvious that he believes in his own victory, Suicune decides that the victory will be Suicune's, and Suicune's alone.
    Bracing his paws into the floor of the testing lab, Suicune pours all of his willpower into the protect. The cracks that were once painfully obvious slowly begin to disappear. As he watches the cracks in the shield slowly fade, so does Thundurus' cocky grin.
    Soon, Thundurus' attack dies down, and this time it's Suicune with the feeling of victory.

Yeah, turns out one of the scientists input the "Theatrics" command because he was bored. That will be fixed momentarily.
    [Thundurus: -4 health (fatigue)¦ Suicune: -10 energy]

Simulation Over.

Please wait...

Name: Keldeo, the 4th Sword of Justice
    Form: Regular
    Ability: Justified

Name: Moltres, the legendary Bird of Fire!
    Ability: Flame Body

¦ Post-Round ¦

Team Rossymore

Keldeo (ordinary Form)
    Justified
    51/100 HP
    0/100 EP
    -1 attack

Team Edretah

Moltres
    Flame Body
    58/100 HP
    40/100 EP

Field Effects
    Permanent Sunlight

Rossymore to Post Next

Ref notes:
    - When exhausted, the pokemon takes 1 hp of damage for every 2 ep used.
    - I tried to use images of the legendaries without backgrounds, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Elite Trainer

May be best to get the artwork from Bulbapedia, no shiny artwork though, I believe that's only GTS and Gen I - IV only.

Alright, get a Hail up, enough with sun, then Secret Sword, then Hydro Pump.

Elite Trainer

^Yeah, that was the problem. I tried using the images from bulbapedia, but they wouldn't show up.

Junior Trainer

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Fuck Hail dood.

Roost ~ Sky Attack ~ Roost after Hydro Pump
    Edretah
    VS SEEKER

-Jason Mraz

Elite Trainer

It's either that or perfectly accurate Hurricanes. NO TANKS.