Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Forums

Reaper Man Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#46)

xD

heh. this reminds me of an inside joke. that was a waste of time, eh?

when it hits the fan...
    "What pisses me off is that I can't even tell the regular insanity from the special delivery."

-Dave Jones, CRFH.

Your last statement qualifies you as a winner of a nonsense contest and a looser everywhere else.

- Roger Pepitone, CRFH

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#47)

Gabi: It's the simplest reason to give up a plan, I figure.

Zcade: It was a waste of Gavin's time, yes. It also completely screwed him up, because he forgot what he was supposed to say. But it was funny.

Speaking of which!

#47: Poor, poor Gavin. At this rate, he's gonna be the next one on Youtube!

We've got a reference to one of Karania's short stories in this week's title.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: War of the Forums (#47)

Did you have to tell people that I do stupid stuff like that all the time? Now they all know! My facade as competent, big-headed fanfic mod is dented!

^^ Well, I'm entertained. Poor Gavin, though. The humiliation, the shame ... well, he's used to it, really.

But should Becca be hearing all this information? Tsk tsk. I agree with Ada. Martin wouldn't hesitate, he'd have infracted all of them by now.

(Is infracted a word?)

I really liked page 46, too. Well done once again.

Oh, and don't worry. The criticism is coming. Oh yes. It's coming. Just you wait ...
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#48)

Gavin: Hey, it's all about full disclosure, man. If you can't tell the truth to your members, who's worthy of hearing it?

It is curious that good ol' Pika's telling Becca so much... you have to wonder if there's a reason behind it. He's proven himself to be crafty in the past, after all.

As for the legitimacy of "infracted"... I won't bother looking for it in the dictionary. ^_^;;

The criticism is coming? Okay, now you've got me nervous... The call is coming from inside the house!

...Yeah. New page. Right here, right now!

#48: I'll tell you one thing... someone really wants to inflict some major harm on Becca! Poor little alien!

Brian, on the other hand, seems to be quite stuck with joking about Gavin's little catastrophe.

Anyway, the title references Gavin's one-shot The Silent Man as it applies to Brian not telling Gavin about the mission's success until the last second, as well as to the one moderator who says nothing during this particular exchange...
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hmm... have I gone over to the dark side? Anyway, yeah come to think of it Brian wouldn't be so careless. Either he's desperate to make fun of Gavin or he's trying to mislead Becca somehow. I like Martin's violent streak coming out. By the way, with the names, is there a reason why sometimes we're referred to by 'real' names and sometimes by usernames? (I've noticed that even among the four mods talking between themselves it varies.) Becca seems to be oddly relaxed about this detention business...
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Banned

Man, someone's got to get Becca out of there before she experiences some serious pain. (I'd be willing to mount a rescue attempt...)

Anyway, I like these oddball portrayals of the mods. This whole caricature fic seems to let you show the flip side of reality.

I'll still be reading.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#49)

Ada: Hard to say. Maybe someone was just joking...?

Brian is reckless sometimes, but it's hard to say whether that means it was part of a plan. In any event, he did seem to be having a good time with that prank. Could he have just felt the need to share the comedy?

Most of the time, the real name/username issue is due to who's around. In private settings, the mods can freely reveal such things. But if they're out in public, it's not so wise to talk about confidential information.

As for Becca's relaxation... no comment.

Dark Sage: Yeah, the prospect of torture doesn't sound very appealing, does it? It's funny, because this really does reveal a lot about the way Fanfic is handled, even if the references are almost twisted beyond recognition. I wonder if even the other mods are recognizing all the hidden gems. ^_^;

#49: I had fun writing this one. By the way, Bleach fans should know that panel four actually comes from the scene where Ichigo discovers Rukia living in his closet. Good fun!

This time, the title is a reference to Donald Trump's infamous line on The Apprentice.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#50)

Well. Lots of replies for that page, huh?

#50: If you've forgotten the "agreement" mentioned in panel six, read #25 again.

Yes, I've been waiting to bring back this idea for a long time.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Man, I keep convincing myself that I've replied when I so haven't. Still, only three pages since my last one. ^^

Firstly, page 48 was good. Damn Brian (er - the character ...) seems rather intent on ridiculing Gavin at the moment. But it was an entertaining page, and hoorah for the reference to my short story! I have to say though (Aha! Criticism!) I was quite confused with all those speech bubbles flying everywhere towards the end - I was trying to make Ada fit one of the bubbles in the last panel until you said one mod didn't speak for the whole thing.

Also - spelling comment - isn't 'willfully' spelt 'wilfully'?

Page 49 - About time we got to see the continuation of the Blademaster/Mega Horny saga. Poor mercenary has to keep putting up with a guy who just won't leave him alone. Loved the 'Gavin Luper started rambling' thing, too.

Page 50 - Hoorah. The old "I OWN YOU" from page 25. Heh. So, Blademaster gets a nice big sum of money and Mega Horny has to learn how to fight. Should be fun. I must say though, Blademaster is underestimating the mods' ability to do stuff slightly outside the rules. I mean, the infraction Martin gave her was technically for spamming, not for punching him in the nose. We could just keep infracting her until she cracks, no?

Or maybe we have ethics or something. Oh well.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

It looks like he won't be able to get away from it after all.

Using Rukia as MH... strange idea, but it turned out quite well.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Wow, I'm way behind in this @_@, damn summer school.

Anyways, I'll just start from 50. Ah yes, the deal from #25 (I OWN YOU, just classic XD). It seems the comic Blademaster is alot smarter then the real life one (lol just kidding). So now Mega Horny's about to learn how to fight now huh? This is going to be interesting...

-Sean

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Ah, yes, I'd completely forgotten about the Owning of MH. I wonder if I can buy him from Blade when he's through...

Um, can't think of what to say, really... um... more, please?

Hey, Lady V, check your PMs...

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (Extra #1)

Gavin: Shame, shame!

Don't you swear at me, young man! As for the speech bubble issue, it's hard to cram a big conversation into six panels. Sometimes you have to make certain sacrifices for the good of people who print these works. And bind them. And publish them. And give me the profits. (...Please?)

The word you mentioned, however, can be spelled as either "wilfully" or "willfully." I guess you silly Aussies like to minimize your use of the letter l.

Blade/MH have been away for awhile, but they're coming back with a bang! Ehehe. And Gav, yes, you talk too much. I say that with all the seriousness of a highly insane writer who turned your fictional character into a babbling fool. ^_^

MH is getting the worst of that deal, methinks. And looking at the Becca issue... well, Martin could've given her a bigger infraction, but he went easy on her. She should be grateful!

Gabi: Poor, poor Mega Horny!

And I guess you've seen that Bleach scene, Gabi. Yeah, it was tricky to pull off, but I think it looks okay.

PC: Don't let life get in the way of TPM! Resist the temptation to follow society!

Yeah, I couldn't resist coming back to Blademaster's comment there. And MH's life is about to change in a big way.

Phoenixsong: Well, I heard that he's going to hold an auction. Bring your checkbook, because he just might go for more than $10!

I'll grant your wish, just as soon as you stop telling people that Gabi has PMS.

...Yeah.

Okay, announcement time. I know some of you don't want to hear this, but...

The page at the bottom of this post is the end.

Yeah, the end. The conclusion. The grand finale.

Of book one.

Now be honest. How many of you groaned, sighed, or swore when you read that first part?

Extra #1: I decided to do this "Extra" page after #52 was already complete. Believe it or not, almost every frame contains a reference to something that has really happened on TPM.

Frame 1: The sentence that is baffling Blademaster is quoted word-for-word from an example I gave in the Fanfic Rules thread.

Frame 2: Mancetric_Trainer was a Fanfic regular for awhile. I believe it was Darien Shields' scathing review in the FFRO that drove MT away.

Frame 3: Yes, I am commonly known by this nickname for various reasons. You should all know that by now.

Frame 4: This goes way back when, to the days of the mod contest. On my application, one of the things I said I needed to improve was my posting rate; I wanted to get it above one post a day.

Frame 5: The reference here is much more recent, as it pulls from the 2007 May Fanfic E-zine. Again, this is a word-for-word quotation of my article in that issue.

Frame 6: ...Well, this goes back to #8 and the events that followed it. If you didn't realize that immediately, REREAD THIS FIC!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

*cough*you'retakingaleafoutofmybook*cough*

Hehe. Just kidding. Actually, I was quite surprised that you'd decided to end this as book 1. But gnarly, and good on ya for deciding to make two books of this, because it's been a tremendous success. I'll be there reading when the second book comes out, cause you've left us all with a lot unsolved.

I liked the extra page, too, and I got most of the references.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Advanced Trainer

Hey, hey, if I hadn't told Gabi to check her PMS you wouldn't have had those lovely ratings to post and end the contest. Menstruation can be useful, and I'm going to shut up now before I get beaten.

These were funny. #3 is not a defect in my case, by the way. I DO know what people need better than they do. It's scientific fact, and you'd all best accept it before you hurt yourselves.

Yeah, I kinda remember Mancetric_Trainer... never saw Darien's review, though. I do remember being less-than-impressed by his writing... I'd say it brings back memories, but I don't need memories to see less-than-impressive writing... dang but there's been an influx of amateurs that don't know how to take constructive criticism at TCoD lately. Not that all the criticism is constructive, heh. But enough about that.

Do not be ashamed of thy Naziness. Grammar Nazis such as we are far superior to Hitler. We can take over the world and torment people without being anti-Semitic or racist in any other way, no problem!

And, no, seeing you exposed NEVER gets old. NEVER. Why do you think that quote is still in my sig?

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (Cover #2)

Gavin: Hehe, yup. You pioneered the concept of multiple books in a single fanfic, Gav!

Yeah... I'm, uh, going to split this into two books. Indeed. Two books. That's exactly what I'm doing. Uh-huh.

And I'm glad you liked the extra page. Took a remarkably long amount of time to make it, since I had to add a lot of details to the frame layout.

Phoenixsong: I'm going to back away now and let the mob slaughter you. ^_^;

Darien's review, to be honest, was really more like a flame. I think he gave a score somewhere around 20%, complete with witty insults. (The review was intentionally mis-titled "Is it rubbish?" rather than "Is it destiny?") There's heavy criticism, and then there's just yelling at someone.

Grammar Nazism is fun, except when people choose to ignore the first word. It's irritating, especially when they turn around and say they loved the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.

I'm glad someone appreciates my stripteases.

It's time to begin a new phase in the WotF saga!

Cover #2: Okay, this thing took forever and a day to make. (I seriously had to leave my computer on for several days while working on this.) It actually came after #60 was done, when I realized that 50 pages would be a good transition point.

I'm not sure if you'd call this the cover of a new "book" or a new "issue." Feel free to use whatever terminology you prefer.

Oh, and here's another anime character key...

Top Left: Yomiko Readman (R. O. D.)
    Top Right: Roger Smith (The Big O)
    Bottom Left: Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
    Bottom Right: Major Alex Louis Armstrong (Full Metal Alchemist)
    Middle: You figure it out (Wouldn't you like to know)
    Last edited by mr_pikachu; 26th June 2007 at 11:08 PM.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Advanced Trainer

Yay, more people I don't know! Huzzah!

Let us call it the cover of the next "Boosueart". Yes. That is what we shall call it. And then there shall be a barn raising. (No, I don't know what I'm talking about, either.)

Anyway, it's pretty. It'd've been nice if the other pictures blended in as well as Ichigo's did, but you've gotta work with what you've got, eh?

plusle f, burmy m

The boy with the golden bat... he's in the center...

Er, anyway; I've been reading this piece in the shadows, MR_P, I really have. Like TPML's bastardization of the ASB community (artist interpretation, indeed), I enoyed your take on the Fanfic community. I like that you've basically taken the names of various forum-goers and adapted them to your own fleshed-out characters. I also like that the frames don't match one another at all, unless a joke calls for it (like the instance with Blademaster and TML).

I always like reading stories that utilize the community; it gives me a hope of seeing a character based on myself... because, as I said to Chris 2.0 in TPML, I'm a self-appreciating bigot. If you eventually enlist my name in this comic, I worry about the anime avatar you'd give me. Here's hoping for Roger Smith and not Sailor Moon.

-Grey
    -Grey

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've been reading from the shadows too... although I do believe I have commented once! ^_^ Anyways... this fic is hilarious and I especially love how you have portrayed everyone. Excellleennnt...

Everyone else has said pretty much the same things I have wanted to say, so just... continue with the awesome work! ^_^
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Resident Freak Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

The character in the middle looks a bit to me like Naota from FLCL, but I could be wrong.
    During that summer when unicorns were still possible, when the purpose of knees was to be skinned...
    ~ John Tobias

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#51)

Phoenixsong: Gotta love the people you don't know! But then again, maybe you do know them... just without really knowing them...

No, I don't know what I'm talking about, either.

There weren't initially going to be any blended pictures, but Ichigo's pic just fit too well. Had to do a ridiculous amount of image editing with Armstrong's photo to get it to work, and creating that blurring effect was a minor struggle with Roger Smith's pic, too. (In reality, Yomiko's picture was the only easy one to handle... it was just too perfect for the effect I wanted.)

Grey: Hey, what's up, man? Good to see you here! Apparently you have a bit of anime knowledge under your belt... ^_^

Interesting way of putting it, this "bastardization" of Fanfic. But hey, I'll take whatever compliments I can get! It's been an interesting project, especially since pretty much everything here is based off something in the actual forum, right down to many of the page titles. As for the frames not matching... honestly, if I had any artistic talent, I'd probably be drawing frames with cohesive backgrounds. Let us all be thankful for my lack of skill.

We're probably all self-appreciating bigots to an extent, honestly. Gandhi must've loved being interviewed. *dodges tomatoes*

*notices last sentence*

*pulls out notebook*

*scratches out "Sailor Moon"*

*writes "Sailor Chibi Moon"*

As you wish.

B4: Welcome back to the fold! It would seem that you have indeed commented once before, so congratulations on... uh... being very inactive! ^_^;; Nah, I'm just kidding. Making the characterization fit in the midst of absurd comedy (and some dramatic moments soon to come) is hard, but it's also fun to see how it all works out. Really, I'm almost as much of an observer as everyone else sometimes; totally unplanned things just happen as if they were meant to be. Like naked mr_pika, for instance.

...Did I just say I was meant to be naked?

Er. Well, anyway, this will continue. Don't you worry!

Shayna: Yeah, you could be wrong. Or you could be right. Hard to say. In any event, you'll find out soon enough!

And the sooner I post this page, the sooner more revelations will come...

#51: Maybe I shouldn't say this, but... #51 was finished before #11 was posted.

And you may be wondering about the title. Well, he's dropping like a stone, isn't he?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Reaper Man Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

LITTLE SLUGGER! I've gone to holloween as him the past four years xD. Had to go out and buy a metal bat light enough to bend like that, then pain it gold... heh.

Anyway, awesome chapter that last one. I should know this (or read back), but what Anime is MH's character from?
    "What pisses me off is that I can't even tell the regular insanity from the special delivery."

-Dave Jones, CRFH.

Your last statement qualifies you as a winner of a nonsense contest and a looser everywhere else.

- Roger Pepitone, CRFH

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Mwahahaha, I love those pictures. I don't quite get the last one though. By the way, I just looked at your new sig, and I'm glad there's no more anime soft porn. The new trailer's great; it's got a whole storyline going and everything! I like the combination of Mega Horny saying it's bullshi- and "...Eep." And the extras brought back good memories. I still feel sorry for Mancetric_Trainer about that review... upon hindsight we probably should have said something. I remember it wasn't in the 20s though, more like 30s; also, the rest of the review was scathing but not flaming, except for the 'is it rubbish' comment. But anyway. One of the things which amused me most in your post wasn't in the comic, but was when you said "This goes way back when, to the days of the mod contest". I feel old now. I can't believe you said that about your postcount though... no actually I can. Weren't you eliminated because of spamming?
    mistysakura
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)

Glitter (one-shot).

Administrator

The last page of book 1 made me laugh out loud multiple times. And I applaud your ability to laugh at yourself.

Book 2 looks promising. I wonder what it has in store.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

EEee! This is so much fun! I just spent a couple of hours reading them all again! ^-^ They are soooo funny! I really loved the Extra #1 and sweet awesome cover! What an ending! I can't wait for the rest!
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#52)

Zcade: You think it's Little Slugger, huh? Well, I guess it sort of looks like him, but maybe your experiences are causing you to see something that isn't there...

And thanks for the compliment! As for MH, he's represented by Sasshi Imamiya from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi.

Ada: It was tough to convey the ending, especially since I wasn't sure myself what I wanted to do. I started with him being dropped like a missile, then he was supposed to be launched from a cannon... eventually I just said, "let the reader decide." The result, therefore, was a little generic. Maybe too much, but it was worth a shot.

I have to admit, I'm proud of this trailer. It didn't take me as long to make as the last one (mostly because I'm learning how to use the shortcuts on my image-editing programs), and it contains a little more material.

Yes, sweet memories... I don't think I was a mod at the time of M_T's fic, but I admit the review did seem a little harsh. I think I even asked Darien about it at one point, but I can't recall what he said. Something snappy, I believe. ^_^;

And the mod contest happened well before a lot of today's Fanficcers even joined TPM. As for the spamming, I wasn't eliminated for that, if I remember correctly (although Andrew got really mad at me about my spamminess in the contest thread)... I was bounced when one of the challenges asked what I would do about someone who gave excessively harsh reviews. When I saw that description, I probably swore to myself since it fit me perfectly. But hey, at least I learned from it!

Gabi: I laughed a lot when I was making it. I pity anyone who can't laugh at him/herself.

And the second book has a lot in store, Gabi. Just you wait.

Houndoom: Wow, you're dedicated! It takes a little time to get through 51 pages of madness (not counting two covers and an "extra"), so bravo!

And if you really can't wait for it to continue, well...

Here it comes!

#52: Think the background in panels one and two was pointless, and Blademaster's comment merely helped cope with my inability to find good pictures? Think again. There's actually a point to that.

Also, the title references the 1996 book by Chuck Palahniuk and the 1999 movie with the same name and basic theme.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'd just like to say that panel 5 is by far my favorite panel so far. I also cannot remember if I've posted in here before, so I'll go with no, and say that this is awesome, man. I've really been enjoying myself reading it, and I honestly can't think of a page I haven't liked.

With that said, I also have to give you props for the concept in the first place. I imagine having to work with limited pictures must tax your imagination sometimes, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hehe, does Fight Club also reference a third thing? If so, that's my favourite inside joke so far. Hang on, I don't think you were there then. Anyway, still enjoying the sequence of pictures. Does Mega Horny even know how to shoot? About the pile of bodies in the background, where are they anyway? Surely the mods with our almighty surveillance powers would have noticed that many corpses?
    mistysakura

Glitter (one-shot).

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Heh, Ada, I didn't even pick up on that until you said it. The memories ...

Brian: Hoorah. Book two is off with a bang. Poor MH going through his training is quite amusing. I loved the last panel in page 51 that showed the drop. Also, page 52 was very good: "How odd. All you did was hit the ground, and it took out all these troops." - that was hilarious, I thought. My kind of humour. And a good use of the limited pictures you can use in this kind of a fic. Well done. Also - the panel with MH bleeding ... and the caption ... yes, that was all really funny.

Continue! Pleeeease!

Lisa the Legend

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Wow, already on Book Two O_O, that was kinda quick (well, taking out the long hiatus of course...).

I'll be honest, I got slightly disappointed about the first part you mentioned but then felt like a complete moron when I kept reading. I was like "Figures..."

Anyways, like Gavin said, Book Two started off with a real bang...literally. Namely Mega Horny getting the crap beat out of him by Blademaster. The last two panels in #51 I couldn't stop cracking up. It just seemed so natural of Mega Horny.

I was wondering, what are all those bodies in the background of panel one in #52? Other victims of Blademaster? *does Don Kanoji impression* Bwahahahahahahaha*cough*hahahaha

See you for #53!

-Sean

Administrator

Were they bad guys? O_o

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#53)

Hypotenuse Man: Hehe, panel five was fun. It turns out that you've replied to this once before, so... welcome back, straggler! Nah, I'm just glad you've been reading with us. I'm really amazed that this has been so successful, to be honest... not sure if everyone's just sucking up to the multi-mod, or what.

Multi-mod... I like that term! *writes down*

And yes, it gets tricky sometimes. The most time-consuming part of this isn't developing the plot or the story... it isn't even image editing! No, the most tedious thing in the world is searching for pictures. That'll make you lose your mind.

Ada: Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! NOOOO! Oh dear God no! They're watching us! They're everywhere, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! Aaaaaa-lalala, nothing suspicious going on here, ladeedahdeedoo... *hyperventilates*

Mega Horny probably doesn't know how to shoot, to be honest. And the bodies in the background... maybe I'll get to that eventually. In any event, Blademaster's private training ground is very unique.

Gavin: Ada said nothing. Nothing at all. *glances around frantically*

Book Two is off with a big bang. Gotta love seeing characters flung face-first into the ground, huh? To be honest, I didn't think the beginning was that funny; I was mostly trying to bridge the gap to the ending with a little chuckle. But if it prompted more, yay for me!

As for the funny pictures... finding them takes forever, but it's all worth it when you get a gem. ^_^

PC: Yes, we're on Book Two! And I love making jokes like that. Wasn't it funny?

Beatings are entertaining. That's why shows like The Sopranos get such high ratings, methinks. And yes, it does seem rather natural, doesn't it?

You all want me to go into the story behind those bodies, huh? Okay, I'll try to work it in somehow... ^_^;;

Gabi: Maybe? o_O

It's time for the next page! Wahahahaha!

#53: Remember how Mega Horny offered his hand in marriage? Guess they never sealed the deal.

With the exception of Extra #1, this was the first page I designed after a long hiatus of finals. Needless to say, I had a long time to plan how things would continue, and even the order in which I wanted to present each page.

The title, incidentally, is based off a TV soap opera called The Bold and the Beautiful.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Becca never called off the engagement? Hmm...

All right, I'm confused. Does Becca love him, or does she want to kill him? This is really confusing...

Keep going. This is just getting good.

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

lol, I love your titles. Very good! I rather like seeing Mega Horny run and get tested. XD
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Another interesting chapter, m_p. Though I like in panel 5, Becca says that they're engaged to be married rather than outright saying that she's going to marry him. It leads me to believe that she intends to be engaged to him, but never walk down the aisle.

She might be using the engagement as a means to locate her feux fiance and kill him. After all, you haven't exactly made Mega Horny a likable character...

-Grey
    -Grey

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Ahaha. So that is when Martin is giving the blank look (as shown in yoor sig). I see.

Whoo, Mega Horny can show some of the most terrible expression when he's in danger, eh?
    Please take it easy~

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Oooooh. She considers herself engaged to Mega Horny, eh? Dum dum dum.

Liked Martin's bitter whisper, too. Heh.

Much fun. Good to see that the plot is definitely leading up to a certain point, at least by the sounds of what you're saying.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#54)

Sage: It would appear that the engagement still stands. But for what purpose? Perhaps your skepticism is well-founded... we shall see!

B4: Yeah, the title-creation process can be fun. It's always great to find something that fits for the chapter and references something in Fanfic or in pop culture. And we'll soon see just why Blademaster put MH through such rigorous exercises.

Grey: Hmm, interesting analysis! Maybe you've figured out the hidden truth... or maybe there's nothing hidden at all. Hard to say.

In any event, Mega Horny isn't the most likable of characters. But believe me, it could be worse. Much worse.

Faiz: Yeah, that's the pic from the trailer. Fitting, eh?

And that's one of the reasons I chose Sasshi to portray MH. He's just got such a wide range of facial expressions!

Gavin: Indeed, it's a big moment! I think Martin was a little frustrated with that whole fight, to be honest. Although given the time constraints, what choice did he have but to take the easy way out?

And a lot of things are going to be happening very soon...

Time for another page!

#54: This sort of came up when I thought about whether The Missing Link would feel comfortable talking about her experiences with just anyone. Besides, it's a good excuse to have her interact with more than one mod. She's already laughed about Gavin with mr_pika, and now dh is getting some time.

And yes, a little boy getting engaged to an alien woman. I don't think any word could describe that better than "freaky."
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Lol Thats is kinda freaky when you think about it, But I get the feeling Becca is going to let it all out, bout why her and mega horny are together, wether its going to last and why hasn't Mega horny being really really hurt yet.....yet

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Advanced Trainer

Mmokayz, then... so Ada gets dragged in for a little girl time, eh? Ooh, makeovers and shopping and talking about boys and other stuff that irritates me. Yay!

Eh, personally I didn't think the MH-training scenes were that funny (what? No nudity?), except for that last panel with the "Wow. Mega Horny, man, you really suck." That one made me laugh.

I want to see this TML-mistysakura girl talk. Either it's going to be a time of respect and understanding, which would be boring, or it could be awesome and turn into either a slapfight with some nail gouging or a, like, totally awesome trip to the MALL, like, yeah! Something tells me they would kill you if it was the mall one, but hey! I'd enjoy it.

Moar, plz.

plusle f, burmy m