Thread: Sharing a few things on my mind this evening

Question Sharing a few things on my mind this evening

Hey Pokémasters

I'm just going to start typing, and i'm not sure if what i'm going to say will resonate with anyone, but stick with me, and let us find out together!

Its been a little while since I posted anything here, and i'm sure that is the case for the vast majority of members. That being said, how awesome is it that a forum and website, which has been through so much, and was almost lost to time on several occasions, continues to exist? How incredible that the history, culture, and memories of individuals from long ago, still exist here today? Many of them were children when they created their accounts and posted here, and its likely by now many of them will have some significant life experience. Perhaps they have families and children of their own? How many of them will give a passing thought to The Pokémasters and browse, to discover that this communtiy is still around? I wonder if they'll read this message?

I also wonder how many of them are still with us. Did something bad happen in their lives that lead them down a dark path? Are they doing ok? Its sad to think that we may never truly know what happened to the people who one day, decided not to post anymore, for reasons we will never have the privieledge to know. This kind of thought is something that I imagine could be overlooked when there are hundreds, if not thousands of users here. That being said, while this forum exists, a part of their history exists here too.

We may never know when our last post here will be, we may not know what is happening in people's lives. I hope that more users from the past will see this message, and make every attempt they can to reach us and say hello. For those of us lucky to be here, reading and posting messages, it truly is a priviledge to contribute to the history of this great forum, and the long history this website has.

Thank you, to everyone who continue to do their best in keeping this torch lit, and keeping the memory of The Pokémasters alive!

Moderator Moderator

Default Re: Sharing a few things on my mind this evening

Thanks for posting this!!I know for some reason, TPM's forums are rarely loading now, it seems like I'm only able to get the forums to load once every several days, outside of that I just get an error message... But yeah, I wonder a lot about the people that used to be here, the ones that were such a huge part of the forums, and the ones that I used to talk to all the time. I wonder if they are ok and what they are doing, and it they still think about this place anymore. I hope that these forums will always be around, I do wonder though every time I get the error message and can't get the site to load. I too am surprised that more old members don't drop in from time to time. But this place will always be special to me, and still the only place online that really feels like home. It's a huge part of me... It's crazy to think that I've almost been registered here for 24 years now, and there are still posts dating back to my late childhood... I would love to jump back in time and even if I could spend a day back in the early TPM days... but yeah, I hope that they are all well and living an amazing life, and would love to see the older members dropping in from time to time!!

On a side note, I still don't really understand why online forums just aren't that popular anymore... even Bulbagarden and Serebii are far quieter than they used to be... in my opinion anyways, message boards are still the cleanest format around, and far easier to navigate than other forms of social media.
    Last edited by Number1ChanseyFan; Today at 02:19 PM.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!