Thread: Poke123 and Underscore, get your newbie butts in here! (Ref: The Unoriginal BTPoke)

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Poke123 and Underscore, get your newbie butts in here! (Ref: The Unoriginal BTPoke)

I see 2 newbies who have just joined our lovely little subforum known as ASB, so why not have them immediately duke it out? Seems perfect to me, right?

The way I see it, this is going to be a 3v3 single match up,
    Seven Day DQ time,
    Absolutely NO MOVES are banned (not even OHKO moves, but who uses THOSE anyway?)

And as your Referee for this little battle, I will choose the arena, which happens to be one pulled straight from the Arena Dex that I have deemed perfect for newbie matches (That depends on your perspective, anyway)

Arena: Forest of Aromas

Due to the abundancy of plant-life, grass type moves are increased in power by 2 points of damage (added on after damage calculation).

This Serene neck of the woods is full of flowers of different sizes and shapes.
    Among these flowers, there is one that gives off a soothing aroma that rejuvenates those that dwell in this place.
    Every round, each pokemon battling gains 5% energy by sniffing the aroma of the minor flowers, and each have a 20% chance to sniff the aroma of the more powerful flowers of the forest, gaining 10% energy instead and being healed of one random status condition.

These flowers are very special, however.

If a fire type move is used, there is a high chance (up to ref, but probably ranging from 60-90%) for the forest to catch on fire. If this happens, the minor flowers start spitting out a defensive, acidic aroma that hurts each pokemon for 5% hp each turn; and the more powerful flowers have a 20% chance to affect the pokemon and hurt them for 10% hp. This effect lasts for 5 turns.
    If a water type move is used, there is a high chance (same as the chance w/ fire) for the flowers to be strengthened by the water. The minor flowers will spit out a stronger aroma that will restore energy by 10% instead of 5, and the more powerful flowers will restore energy by 15% instead of 10 and heal each pokemon for 5 health. This effect lasts for 5 turns.

So how about it? Think about this as a little Tutorial battle, mmk? If you both accept, then you will both PM me your choice of your first pokemon, just to make things fair. After i get both of your pokemon, I will randomly decide who posts moves first.

(If there are any questions, don't be afraid to ask)
    Last edited by BTPoke; 4th August 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: Poke123 and Underscore, get your newbie butts in here! (Ref: The Unoriginal BTPok

Seems great but does this mean my team is approved now because it isn't yet in the Approval Tower?

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Poke123 and Underscore, get your newbie butts in here! (Ref: The Unoriginal BTPok

Once your team is approved, you'll be able to fight in this match (to be honest, I kind of forgot about that. My bad xD).

I was, for some reason, excited to make this match, and so I kind of rushed a bit, thereby making that mistake that you need to get approved first. That being said, we should probably wait for that first xD
    Last edited by BTPoke; 4th August 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

alright im up for this do u want me to send first or attack first?

Elite Trainer

Just Private message me what your first pokemon is going to be, then I'll randomly decide who will attack first. (of course underscore will have to wait until his team is approved)

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

If I didn't know any better, I would've thought this was some kind of pseudo-hazing ritual that BT was starting up for all incoming newbies

Or is it really that BT?

Elite Trainer

No! I have no Idea what you're talking about!

Elite Trainer

oook, now that underscore is approved (and after that embarrassing mistake I made), you guys can both send me your first pokemon (PM please)

Elite Trainer

Alrighty, then, after a short delay, we have both our contestants' pokemon (keep in mind that you won't have to send your pokemon PM in your average battle on here. This is just a special case).

Our battlers both throw out their pokemon at the same time, and they open up to reveal...

On Underscore's side of the forest arena, we have a male meditite with pure power (maybe I should get a meditite. I've seen a few people with those xD)

And on Poke's side, we have a female eevee with Run Away.

The referee comes out onto the arena and flips a coin. Heads would mean Poke goes first. Tails would mean underscore goes first. The coin is flipped, and.... It's tails! Underscore goes first.

Ok, some things you guys might want to be aware of, since it's your first time. You may or may not already know some of this stuff.

In this ASB, during each round you command your pokemon to use three moves in succession. For instance, since Underscore goes first, he would post in here saying that Meditite uses Bullet Punch ~ Fire Punch ~ Toxic. Bullet Punch would be used the first turn, Fire Punch the second, and Toxic the third.

You can choose to use "combos" of moves if you like, but the total amount of moves used per round has to be 3. So, for instance, if you decided to have meditite use Bullet Punch + Fire Punch as a combo, that would count as 2 moves, but both would be combined into some sort of move that the ref would have to interpret.

There are more things you can do that you will learn later on, but for now Underscore posts his commands first. Don't hesitate to ask questions.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 8th August 2012 at 08:04 AM.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Let's start with something simple.

Force Palm~Force Palm~Dynamic Punch

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I guess my first battle didn't go well after all.

Btw, how do you get to battle other people?

Elite Trainer

you can battle up to 4 people at one time, and you can use each of your pokemon in multiple battles, so don't worry about that.

So just be patient. Poke is probably busy with something or other (or maybe he decided to disappear ). If you wanna call DQ, then that's your choice, but you won't get any points from it.

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    Poke is probably busy with something or other (or maybe he decided to disappear ).
    Sounds like hes turning into Eragam

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Elite Trainer

Ok, just making it official that this battle is no longer a thing (as if anyone thought any different), due to Poke (why do I feel weird saying "Poke"?) DQ'ing. The battle didn't even get to start, so no points for Underscore, but just to make it official.