Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash0011, BTPoke

Ash, Sketch works by mimicking moves or by creating objects that themselves mimic moves. Since "sensing Aura" isn't a move, the whole Aura glove thing can't be done.

TEAM ASH0011'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 6 ‡

You respond with a Toxic of your own, slathering Larvitar with a nice spray of the sizzly stuff. The Rock Skin Pokemon squeals and responds by slamming her foot against the ground, creating a series of powerful tremors that toss Ricario into the nearest headstone. Ricario roars and begins shrieking in a high-pitched voice, causing Larvitar's vitality to dip. The little green girl does a little spin on the spot, creating four little green doppelgängers.

Ricario's eyes travel from one Larvitar to the next without the means to tell which is the real deal. He fires off a random Focus Blast anyway, but the attack whips through a clone and obliterates the tombstone immediately behind it. Larvitar finishes by Stomping hard on Ricario's foot, and of course given the typing it doesn't do a whole lot of damage.

Larvitar's stomach twinges from the Toxin.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Throw Pokeball

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash0011, BTPoke

its mimicking aura sphere, why do you think the move doesn't miss, speaking of which use aura sphere to pinpoint the real larvaitar then hit it with a focus blast and finish with another focus blast, again dig=earthquake and now if it uses earthquake avoid it with a hi jump kick

Master Trainer

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

The Old Village
    An abandoned part of the village that is set for refurbishment some time in the future. Who knows what you can find here, pokemon seem to flock to it from wherever they are. There's also rumours of places hidden beneath the old village..

‡ Round 14 ‡

You plead with the approaching horde to show reason. Surprisingly, they stop. Now that they've gone still, you realize they have looks of horror on their faces.

"Please," the shiny one says. "There's something h-h-horrible down here! A M-Monster! It's the most hideous, beastly thing we Grimers have ever seen. Its eyes... those eyes... please, human, help us!"

Another one waves its arms and releases the Disable on your team.

"Just had to make sure you wouldn't try to attack us," he explains. "The Monster has certainly tried to on a number of occasions. It opens its mouth and makes this awful wailing noise. It lives in a chamber way up ahead. There might be some difficulties in getting to it, but we truly need your assistance with this one."

"We Grimers survive by eating the items that mistakenly fall from the world up above into our sewer," the shiny one adds. "The Monster keeps taking all these items for itself and stores them in its chamber. We won't be able to survive for long if nothing is done. It's just we can't bear fighting something so hideous."

"What could be hideous enough to repulse a Grimer?" Eevee asks.

How do you proceed?

> Head off to find the Monster
    > Chat with the Grimers

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Master Trainer

But it's not really imitating Aura Sphere. If it were imitating Aura Sphere, it would be creating a never-miss ball of Aura to hurl at an opponent you're battling with. You're using it to give you the ability to sense Aura, which isn't the same thing. Again, if you want to ask the Head Refs whether Sketch can give you magical Aura-sensing gloves, go ahead.

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 7 ‡

Ricario blasts Larvitar with an Aura Sphere, which causes the little green monster to lose its clones. Larvitar responds by blasting Lucario with not one but three Earth Powers, which even with Larvitar's piddling stats do a hefty bit of damage. It looks like the little Pokemon is getting better at battle. However, she quickly finds herself on the receiving end of two Focus Blasts followed by an intensified Toxic spasm. This battle seems to be winding to a close.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Throw Pokeball

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Advanced Trainer

that's what I'm going to be doing with them except in 2 parts sensing, then throwing
    anywho I have ric fire off another aura sphere then I throw the poke ball and have leo preform a lucky chant

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

so hideous it disgusts grimer? oh yeah, I think I know what this monster is. lead the way, grimer. rosa, I may need you for this.

Master Trainer

Still gonna ask that you run it by the Head Refs. I just don't understand why you need to be the one sensing Aura when Ricario is obviously equipped to do that himself? Also, you need to be more specific when you issue commands to be Sketched; you can't just ask Leo to use Lucky Chant, since that's not one of her moves.

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 8 ‡

Ricario shoots off an Aura Sphere at Larvitar, but the little green Pokemon throws up a Protective barrier to ward off the strike. Sticking out its tongue, Larvitar then lets its barrier fall... which is probably not the best decision. You hurl your Pokeball at Larvitar, which turns into red light that is then contained in the ball's chamber.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Click.

Woohoo! Pokemon caught!

The ball teleports away to the front desk.

How do you proceed?

> Take a breather
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll ask the Chatot if it's ok to go up onto the roof, I don't want to go straight up there and risk upsetting them.

> If they don't have a problem with it, then Hanzo can teleport us all up (or if that's too much, just me and him, so I can look for the shiny thing)
    > If the Chatot don't want me going up to the roof, I'll ask them if they could grab the shiny things on the roof for me, then i'll deliver the letter it's taking out.

Master Trainer

The Old Village
    An abandoned part of the village that is set for refurbishment some time in the future. Who knows what you can find here, pokemon seem to flock to it from wherever they are. There's also rumours of places hidden beneath the old village..

‡ Round 15 ‡

Though he's looking awfully tremulous, the shiny Grimer agrees to lead you and your Pokemon toward the Monster's chamber. You walk in silence for a while, your shoes growing damper and damper by the minute. Eurgh. Besides your footsteps, all you can hear is the sound of the stream of water running gently beside you. However, as the minutes wear on, the water begins to rise and rush with increased ferocity. Grimer pauses, looking at the stream. He looks concerned.

"This can happen at this time of year," he explains. "Spring thaw. Melting snow and increased downpours can sometimes lead to unpredictable surges of--"

He stops as his eyes go wide, pointing behind you. You turn and see a massive wave of water, large enough to fill the entire tunnel, gushing toward you.

How do you proceed?

> Run!
    > Fight the water

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Elite Trainer

Ugh, I'm gonna have sake and rosa use protect, mmk?
    EDIT: just to be clear, the protect will surround all of us.

Advanced Trainer

I want to be able to sense aura because of how you tend to separate trainers from their pokemon that will make it easier to find them, for now I want to rest until ric is at full health while leo makes a future sight eye with a lock on target and uses it to try and locate where we will be when we find a rotom so we can head there and wait
    Edit: also want leo to make a rainbow orb that will allow her to use any move at a moment's notice (it will smash into the shape of the needed move) 1 use
    Last edited by Ash0011; 3rd May 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Master Trainer

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 18 ‡

A Chatot flies down and listens to your suggestion.

"Yeah, I don't think I can let you go on the roof," he says. "That's just not safe. If you're offering to deliver the mail for me, however... I mean, my boss would have my head for letting a pedestrian deliver a package, but I don't really care for my boss anyway. So. Just hold tight and I'll be right back."

He flutters off to the roof of the post office and returns shortly thereafter with something round and shiny in his claws. He drops it into your outstretched hands.

"You're quite lucky," the Chatot says. "Those are rare! I'd take it for myself except I really don't want to have to deliver this package. Thanks for doing this, by the way. I appreciate it."

He flies off, leaving you with a small package roughly the size of a bowling ball but considerably lighter. It quivers slightly. You notice a tag bearing an address.

Barnabas C. Lopunny
    Diamond Dust Cavern
    Ruskie Tundra
    Safari Zone

How do you proceed?

> Deliver the package
    > Refuse to hold up your end of the deal

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 4th May 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 16 ‡

You, Grimer and your party members are contained within a Protective bubble cast by Sake and Rosalinda. The water rushes around you. It's dark and looks... well, perhaps it's better that I don't explain in great detail what it looks like. However, the water keeps rushing and Rosalinda and Sake are beginning to show strain. After a few moments, cracks begin to run up and down the Protective perimeter. You can't say how much longer it will hold.

How do you proceed?

> Keep holding the Protect
    > Think of something different

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Master Trainer

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 9 ‡

Leo Sketches an all-seeing eye that looks forward into the future. It warps and distorts into an image of you, your Pokemon and a Rotom surrounded by trees.

How do you proceed?

> Remain here
    > Head for the forest
    > Head elsewhere

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

oh god, I will not be touched by that slop! Everyone, look around for a ledge or something we can get up to. If one is found, Rosa, use teleport to get us up there.

If there isn't any ledge, everyone huddle together. Eevee, use protect. Sake and Rosa, both of you use sunny day, high-intensity!

Advanced Trainer

try and find a pokemon that recognizes the place then rest until ric is at full health

Master Trainer

CYNDER'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain that plays host to the TMPL Archive. While there are mountain pokemon on the outside, inside the Archive itself you'll find lots of Electric types, as well as plenty of Steel types.

‡ Round 4 ‡

You ask the Magnemite for assistance.

"Hrm," it says in a shrieking trill. "I'm not sure. I remember the password used to be 'Pokemon' in numbers, as though typed with a telephone keypad... but now the Head Archivist changes it from time to time. I imagine it will still be a word converted to numbers and that word is probably pretty easy to guess, because the Head Archivist isn't exactly the most creative Poke this side of Feizhi Outpost. That's all I've got. I'm sure you'll be able to get it."

How do you proceed?

> Look around for someone more helpful
    > Enter a password

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 4th May 2012 at 04:19 PM.

Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash, BTPoke, Cy

The Old Village

‡ Round 17 ‡

"This is looking dicy," Grimer murmurs.

You try to locate a ledge but you can't see a thing through all the sewage flowing on the outside of your Protective bubble, which continues to crack. Eevee takes the burden of maintaining the Protect, giving Sake and Rosalinda a break. Your Pokemon then try to use Sunny Day, but since you're beneath ground, there's no weather down here for you to change.

After a few moments, Eevee's Protect now begins to suffer cracks.

"Guys," Grimer says. "Look, I think the sewage is starting to let up a little--"

Not fast enough. Eevee's Protect breaks, causing a surge of sewage to whisk the five of you down the tunnel. After a minute of tumbling blindly through the sewer, the surging water dies down and your party is deposited on the cold, wet, stinky ground. You cannot believe what has just happened.

"Well," Grimer says, "at least we've made it. This is the entrance to the Monster's chamber. The hideous creature lies on the other side."

You see a door set into the stone wall.

How do you proceed?

> Enter
    > Clean up first...

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash, BTPoke, Cy

Hmm, I'll try the old password first - either 76665533666666 or 7653666 depending on how it was typed. If that doesn't work then, Magnemite, what species of Pokemon is your leader?

Master Trainer

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 10 ‡

Ricario works on healing himself as you look around for a Pokemon that might know how to track down a Rotom. You see a few Pokemon nearby who might be able to assist you.

How do you proceed?

> Approach Nuzleaf
    > Approach Gastly
    > Approach Duskull
    > Head for the forest
    > Head elsewhere

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain that plays host to the TMPL Archive. While there are mountain pokemon on the outside, inside the Archive itself you'll find lots of Electric types, as well as plenty of Steel types.

‡ Round 5 ‡

You type two passwords into the keypad, but neither grants you entrance. You inquire about Magnemite's leader.

"My leader? Oh, I'm not affiliated with the ASB Archive in any way," Magnemite explains. "I just kind of know bits and pieces about the archive because sometimes I loiter here. The Head Archivist, though, is an Ariados if that's what you're wondering. I've never spoken to her. I'm told she's a real bi-- uh, I mean, I'm told she's a little on the grumpy side."

How do you proceed?

> Keep talking to Magnemite
    > Enter a password

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

UGH! that's disgusting! Anyone got any water type moves to wash me down? no? fine, let's go in. Not like a hoarder's gonna care if we smell like... anyway, let's just get this over with so I can get my stuff back!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks for the help, Magnemite! I'll try 2742367 and 2777444236667777, and if that doesn't help, I'll take a look around and see if there's anybody who might know the passcode.

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 18 ‡

"Prepare yourselves," Grimer says. "That Monster is... ferocious. Those eyes... that voice... good luck."

You swing open the door and let the light from Rosalinda's Flash flood into the chamber. You see piles upon piles of objects: Pokeballs, healing items, spare change and bits of garbage. And there, sitting upon all of it... is the Monster.

She smiles at you sweetly. Grimer, however, wails in despair.

"I cannot bear to look at it," he moans. "It's hideous! So hideous!"

How do you proceed?

> Talk to the "Monster"
    > Attack!
    > Scratch your head in confusion

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Elite Trainer

wow. You know, coming from a pokemon like grimer, I should've expected that. Although I was expecting a Garbodor or at least a trubbish. You know, garbage pokemon. oh well, we should probably try to talk to this "Monster"

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 6 ‡

You try a new password. You hear pleasant beep as the door to the ASB Archive swings open.

"Good work!" Magnemite explains. "Apparently the Head Archivist is a little, um, narcissistic?"

You look out upon a sea of shelves, filing cabinets and computers. Everything is quite dusty. Well. Time to get looking.

How do you proceed?

> Explore the shelves
    > Check out the filing cabinets
    > Try the computers
    > Try to locate the Head Archivist

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 19 ‡

The Monster's smile fades. She stares at you coldly.

"How dare you invade the Pretty Palace of Princess Penelope the Perfect?" she barks.

How do you proceed?

> Talk to the "Monster"
    > Attack!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I think I'll try the computer, hopefully there will be some kind of database on there to search through. If there's a password, I'll try the same one as last time to start with.

Elite Trainer

ok, scratching head time. why the heck are you hoarding all these items?

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 7 ‡

Being a member of Generation Y, you choose to conduct your search via computer. You sit down at the nearer terminal, which hums loudly.

Enter search terms.

How do you proceed?

> Enter search terms
    > Explore the shelves

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Enter 'Reshiram'.

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 20 ‡

"Horde?" the Monster barks. "Princesses do not horde! We merely receive and watch over our tithes. Now, be gone. I have grown bored of you peons."

She attacks with a trio of Fire Blasts, which hit your three party members and blow them back against the far wall. Sake acquires a Burn. Grimer, meanwhile, huddles in the corner, too afraid to fight.

How do you proceed?

> Talk to the "Monster"
    > Attack!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 8 ‡

A little further down the screen you see the words Location Unknown.

How do you proceed?

> Try another search
    > Explore the shelves

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

oh, no fair burning my fighting type. I don't care what her motive is, time to put this brat in her place.

Rosalinda, use telekinesis to keep that brat in place, then use hypnosis on her. Then hit her with a Nightmare, as awful as you can possibly make it.

Sake, use Fake out to prevent any attack she might use first. Then, use Aura Power (aura sphere + hidden power)!

Eevee (*squee* using an eevee!), use heal bell first off to get rid of sake's burn. Use Helping hand on Sake's aura power attack. Then, finally, use body slam.

Once that little twerp's done with, THEN I'll wake her up and ask her about her damn motives.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh. Well, that's a bit of a bummer. Let's try searching 'white stone', and if nothhng interesting comes of that then I will try and find miss Ariados.

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 21 ‡

The Monster watches as Sake and Rosalinda beeline right toward her. She lets out a "Hmph!" and throws up a white Protective bubble. The attacks bounce off the barrier. Meanwhile, Eevee soothes Sake's Burn, which irritates the Monster greatly. She closes her eyes and begins to Sing.

You begin to feel drowsy, but clap your hands over your ears as an act of instinct. Your Pokemon, however, aren't so fortunate: Sake, Rosalinda, Eevee and even Grimer (who is still in the corner) all are lulled to sleep. The Monster then performs a Dream Eater on Sake, munching down on his nummy, nummy dreams. He squirms in his sleep.

"The Princess's kingdom must be protected!" she shrieks, pirouetting joyfully. "All her wonderful possessions must be kept safe!"

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Flee

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Elite Trainer

ok, this is getting annoying. I'm just gonna cover my ears, rush at her screaming my freakin' head off, hope that wakes up my pokemon, hope that she pulls up a shield in defense, and run around her heading for the massive hoard of items. maybe I can find something useful in there.

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 7 ‡

You try a new search. Object unknown. Well, that's helpful.

You look around in an attempt to find the Ariados who runs this joint. You eventually come upon a door marked "Head Archivist." This looks promising.

How do you proceed?

> Knock
    > Barge right in

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 22 ‡

You take matters into your own hands. You scream like a maniac as you rush toward the Monster, who protects herself by hoisting you into the air with Psychic.

"You do not touch the tithes, fool!" the Monster shrieks, blowing you a raspberry.

All this commotion has awoken your Pokemon prematurely. The Monster doesn't seem to have noticed.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Try to... get down... somehow?

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Elite Trainer

I'm gonna try thinking a command to rosalinda, telling her to use hypnosis on her.
    Then, i'm gonna head to the pile of items, get my pokeballs, and tell sake to kick the living crap out of her using drain punch, high jump kick, and drain punch again,
    while rosalinda uses hypnosis every time that brat wakes up. once she faints, i'm gonna look around the hoard of items for something good, 'cause I feel I deserve it.