Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Safari Zone] Cynder's Cavalcade of Safari Crusaders v2! (Puma)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default [Safari Zone] Cynder's Cavalcade of Safari Crusaders v2! (Puma)

Welcome to Cynder's Cavalcade of Safari Crusaders v2!
    since alliteration is still a thing with these titles

Currently in the zone:

Puma

Not taking anybody else on at the present time, but if you specifically want me to ref your adventure then let me know!
    Last edited by Cynder; 15th February 2015 at 09:00 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Cynder's Cavalcade of Safari Crusaders v2! (Puma)

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 1

Dysfunctionland!
    A dilapidated series of amusement park rides and buildings. Who knows what you might find underneath these dusty tents and behind closed doors…

As with every other safari adventure, your own begins with an Abra teleporting you into the Safari Zone; the sudden relocation leaves your head spinning, and you can hear Choji behind you sounding vaguely nauseated. You're faintly aware of the Abra handing you your ultra balls and reading out something which sounds somewhat like a disclaimer, but before your head clears enough to ask what she said you realise she teleported away again in a flash of light.

When the spell of dizziness clears, you find yourself standing outside an abandoned funfair, a gaudily lit sign which reads "Dysfunctionland!" hanging above your head. A couple of the letters are hanging precariously and swaying in the light breeze, but that's the only movement you can see. Strange, isn't this place usually one of the safari's hubs of activity?

What do you do?
    .:Take a look around:.
    .:Fix the sign:.
    .:Something else:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -no status/boosts-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -no status/boosts-

Last edited by Cynder; 11th February 2015 at 01:00 PM.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

"Oh, great, as if a fun park called 'Dysfunctionland' wasn't immediately doomed to rot away."
    I begin by taking a look around, if nothing's out of the ordinary, I'll start my search inside the park. Also, I'll recall Bananarama and Choji for the time being, I don't want to attract too much attention and I think taking a floating, giant candle with me is already pretty much the non-stealth kind of approach, no need to worsen that.

NO I WON'T FIX THAT SIGN I WAS TOLD SIGNS ARE BAD
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 2

Dysfunctionland!
    A dilapidated series of amusement park rides and buildings. Who knows what you might find underneath these dusty tents and behind closed doors…

You recall two of your Pokemon, and set off with Rufus to take a look around. It takes nary more than a glance to tell that there's nothing more around the entrance to catch your attention aside from maybe an upturned trash can, so you enter the park.

A sudden gust of cool wind picks up, stirring the presumably once neatly stacked piles of old posters, one misses your head narrowly as you dive out of the way just in time. The sky above is overcast and it looks like it may rain soon, it crosses your mind that it may be the cause of the lack of activity. Just as you're about to turn to look around once more, however, you hear a crash from the trash can near the entrance, and Rufus draws your attention to the sound of a slight crackle of electricity in the shadows up ahead.

What do you do?
    .:Check out the trash can:.
    .:See what caused the sparks:.
    .:Continue wandering:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -no status/boosts-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

Sparks, eh? Interesting. I'll recall Rufus for the time being, and release Choji again, then I'm slowly approaching the sparks. If it turns out to be nothing of interest, I might as well check out the trashcan as well.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 3

Dysfunctionland!

With a flick of your wrist, Choji appears at your side once again and Rufus retreats into his ball; the bright flashes of red light attract whatever was hiding in the shadows. It floats out ever so slightly, still half obscured, and calls out to you.

"Quick, human, get out of the open! You don't know what could happen!" It cries, beckoning to the alleyway behind it. The sound coming from the trash cans in the distance intensifies, and you can hear something of a low hum building up somewhere. There are still no other Pokemon or signs of life in sight.

What do you do?
    .:Do what the magnemite says:.
    .:Investigate the trash cans:.
    .:Investigate the humming sound:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

I have to admit, I'd really like to go check it out, but I rather play it safe. I'll ask the Magnemite to lead me wherever it thinks its safe, then fill me in on what's the matter with this place nowadays.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 4

Dysfunctionland!

You step into the shadows after Magnemite, and it buzzes in relief once you're out of sight. There are two towering tents either side of where you're stood, making it near impossible for anyone outside to see where you are unless they're looking directly at you, so you ask what's going on.

"...I'm not exactly sure myself, but Pokemon have been going missing from all over the zone for about a week now. At first it didn't seem too suspicious, you tend to see Pokemon vanishing fairly regularly because of trainers capturing them, but this is just getting ridiculous. I've barely seen another soul all day, I've just been hiding until I saw you out in the open willy nilly." It raises its magnets in a robotic approximation of a shrug, before continuing, "I'd hoped you'd have a better idea of what was going on, but obviously you don't... It definitely seems like a good idea to stay out of the open for now at least since I have no idea what's making everybody vanish like this."

Just as you turn to reply, the steady hum in the air gets louder and you see a flash in the distance, then the humming subsides. You get a glimpse of pale cream fur pass by the entrance to the gap between the tents you're standing between, then it turns back and two bright eyes stare you down.

What do you do?
    .:Confront Persian:.
    .:Talk to magnemite:.
    .:Hide in the tent:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

"So uhm... Hey. Who are you if I might ask?"
    I hide the Pokéball with Rufus underneath my shirt, just in case they try something funny. If they try any funny business, I will have Choji use Fissure as a last resort.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 5

Dysfunctionland!

You reach discretely to your belt and unclip your Litwick's Poke Ball, before shifting and putting your hand into your pocket as you ask the Persian who it is; Magnemite retreats to hide behind you.

"It's none of your business, human." She snarls, prowling slowly towards you. "I know you took my child; your Magnemite created that flash and you swooped in and stole him! What else can make a flash like that? There's nobody around!" She goes to pounce, but Choji steps in and creates a huge fissure which tears one of the tents apart and knocks Persian off balance, causing her to stop in her tracks and dig her claws into the ground. Magnemite hovers between Choji and Persian, clearly wary of the kind of damage he can do, and beeps urgently. A small whimper escapes the fallen tent.

"Come on, we can't deal with any fighting right now!" It turns to Persian and twitches. "I'm sorry to hear about your kitten, but it isn't the time to cast the blame like this. Even if we did want to take your son, how would we do it? I can use flash, yes, but how would we kidnap him and get away so quickly? I've been hiding this whole time, and this trainer only just discovered what's happening. I told him myself."

Persian turns, and begins to pace agitatedly, her tail whipping from side to side.

What do you do?
    .:Comfort Persian:.
    .:Check what's in the tent:.
    .:Talk to Magnemite:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 87pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Last edited by Cynder; 14th February 2015 at 05:26 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Well, that Fissure was more of a last resort, but that's fine. Let's check what that sound was just now, inside of the tent! "I assure you, we are not your enemy."

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 6

Dysfunctionland!

Choji grins sheepishly at your reprimand, but it seems to have appeased Persian for a moment, and she becomes visibly calmer. She starts to chat with Magnemite, seemingly trying to get some more information about what's going on, so you decide to see what's beneath the tent. You lift the torn tarpaulin sheets carefully, and discover three small psychic Pokemon buried beneath the layers of fabric.

They peer carefully down into the huge ravine Choji created, then look up at you. "Oh thank goodness somebody else is here, I thought we'd been abandoned..." Gothita sighs, lifting the struggling Mime Jr from under the sheets, then moving on to assist Ralts. The Gothita notices Choji and his handiwork, then turns his attention back to you, looking irate.

"You destroyed our tent! We'd been hiding in there ever since we realised everyone was gone this morning, but now we have nowhere to go. That was the only tent with supplies, and you ruined our show!" Ralts tugs at Gothita's bow, shaking her head. Gothita drops his head and sighs again. "I suppose you're right, we'd better at least introduce ourselves. I'm Aaron, the Mime Jr's Glynn, and Ralts is called Kayleigh. We run a small sideshow from time to time; today was going to be a show day but we figured something was strange when we arrived this morning and nobody was around; after seeing a Pokemon vanish right outside the tent we've been hiding inside ever since."

What do you do?
    .:Ask about the kidnapping:.
    .:Talk to Magnemite and Persian:.
    .:Look for somewhere else to hide:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 92pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Last edited by Cynder; 14th February 2015 at 05:27 PM.

Advanced Trainer

"Alright, so to get this right... This.. just started?! That's madness. I am sorry for your tent, chubby ol' Choji over there goes a little overboard at times. I am sure we'll be able to find some supplies other than those, this just couldn't have been the only one, I mean, this park is huge! Either way, is there anything more specific you know about the kidnapping?" After their answer, I'll go ahead and talk to Persian and Magnemite, checking if they found anything new.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 7

Dysfunctionland!

"As far as I know, this only really started today; if it's been going on much longer, it's certainly not been to this extent. There's hardly anybody even around! We've been out of Dysfunctionland for a while as part of a travelling show, so we've not been around long enough to notice much change." Aaron turns back to the other Pokemon in his troupe, and prompts them to continue for him.

Kayleigh peers shyly from under her fringe and continues Aaron's explanation. "Uhh, yeah... I don't really know much about how Pokemon have been disappearing... I guess if we did we'd have done something by now to get everyone back."

Dissatisfied by their response, you decide to try talking to Persian and Magnemite once again. As you approach they turn to you expectantly, Magnemite looks particularly optimistic.

"I just remembered!" Magnemite buzzes excitedly. "There's apparently an underground bunker in the Ivy Lake area, maybe that's where the pokemon who've been kidnapped went! Or maybe there's a few people who have evacuated there to avoid being kidnapped!"

"And we were wondering, since you're a trainer," says the now remarkably-calm Persian, "Do you have any Pokemon who can take us there?"

What do you do?
    .:Remark on your lack of flying Pokemon:.
    .:Look for clues:.
    .: Something else?:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 97pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Last edited by Cynder; 15th February 2015 at 08:01 AM.

Advanced Trainer

"In fact, I don't..." Not everyone needs to know of Bananarama for now. "I think that's a little too vague for investigating... It's like, 'there may or may not be something good'. I think we shouldn't waste time with chance." I'll investigate the area for some more clues, if nothing turns up, I will get back to them, reconsidering the Ivy Lake possibility.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

[color=lemonchiffon]
    TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 8

Dysfunctionland!

"Ah." Persian says, looking incredibly downtrodden. "Well I suppose I'd better try to find my son on foot." With that she bounds away into the deeper parts of the park.

The other Pokemon don't budge, however, and decide to investigate along with you. Choji snuffles cheerily, keeping a keen nose out for anything interesting, while the circus troupe split up and take to investigating inside other tents, Magnemite sticks by your side and appears to be deep in thought. There isn't anything immediately there to grab your attention; but you take note of the strange humming starting again, but quieter than last time.

What do you do?
    .:Investigate the humming:.
    .:Go after Persian:.
    .:Talk to someone:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Last edited by Cynder; 15th February 2015 at 08:00 AM.

Advanced Trainer

"I see... Does the humming always occure before a kidnapping?" If they say yes, I might as well investigate it, recalling Choji in the process. If no, I'll try something else: "I hate to ask that of anyone, but I think our best bet it to set up an ambush, really. Of course, someone would have to be a bait... If we see who the kidnapper is, it's much easier to after them. And if anyone here gets snagged, I will gladly give everything I have to save them from whatever it is."

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 9

Dysfunctionland!

"Huh, you might be right." Magnemite looks intrigued. "I've been noticing this strange noise all the way across the zone all week, but with the disappearances I just didn't pay any attention. I can't believe I didn't make the connection!" With your fears confirmed, you decide to recall Choji; by this point the humming sound is reaching deafening levels. With the noise escalating, you decide to try baiting the kidnapper; but before you get the chance to explain your plan to the others, there's a loud noise in the distance, and a strong bolt of lightning strikes the ground. From the area of the strike you see a small ball of light moving at incredible speeds in your direction. The circus troupe run back to your side, and Glynn grabs your leg.

"What's happening?!"

What do you do?
    .:RUN:.
    .:Investigate the light:.
    .:Ask for opinions:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -realled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

Oh, we are not running. "Stay behind me, I will stand my ground. If it gets too dangerous, feel free to run or hide, but I will most certainly not give in." I release Choji and Rufus, then hide the Pokéball from Bananarama under my shirt, instead of the one from Rufus. "Alright you two, time to act fast. Choji, stop this thing with a loud roar, then proceed to use Hail to make yourself less visible, afterwards, circle around it and shoot a Mud Bomb to intimidate it. Rufus, as soon as Choji stopped it in its place, you will need to act quick as well, I want you to engage battle as soon as the Roar ends, and use your ability to make an escape impossible. Then use Fire Spin to create a wall of fire around it, make sure to not hit Choji though. Then, follow up with Embargo and Confide."
    Last edited by Puma; 15th February 2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Typo

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 10

Dysfunctionland!

Bracing yourself for the worst possible outcome, you release two of your Pokemon and relay your commands to them swiftly. They nod, and it isn't long before the mysterious fast-moving ball of light reaches you. Choji roars loudly and Rufus activates his ability, which stops your assailant straight in place.

The Electrike is shivering on the spot and looks exhausted, with bits of twigs and sparks flitting across its fur. It looks up at you with huge puppy dog eyes, and your Pokemon move to continue attacking as instructed. However, Magnemite jolts Choji with a quick Thunderbolt interrupt his brewing snowstorm, and hovers in front of you.

"Wait!" Rufus and Choji pause, waiting for your command. "I think we're attacking the wrong threat here. It looks like this poor Electrike's been through hell, maybe we should step back for a moment?" Electrike remains frozen in place, whether that's due to the roar or sheer fear is up for debate.

What do you do?
    .:Continue attacking:.
    .:Release Electrike:.
    .:Investigate something else:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 91pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -no status/boosts-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [Safari Zone] Cynder's Cavalcade of Safari Crusaders v2! (Puma)

I did expect that.. Good for me! "Well, I was prepared for the worst. Sorry if I went... once again, a little overboard. Choji, you can wipe that grin of your face, thanks for your efforts though." I recall both of my Pokémon and approach the Electrike, kneeling down in front of it. "Hey there buddy, how are you? I'm sorry for making your situation even worse. I suppose you witnessed a kidnapping or were chased? Please, tell me all of it, I am here to protect you, not to harm you any further." I wait for his explanation. If he is too scared to talk, that is fine as well. I'll leave him be, joining the other Pokémon in that case.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 11

Dysfunctionland!

You snap your two Pokemon back into their Poke balls, which causes Rufus's hold on the smaller Pokemon to release. Electrike yelps and flexes its legs as you talk, still looking vaguely panicked, but it seems you've managed to make it trust you for now.

"They nearly got me! I was just messing around by the Ferris Wheel with my friend when WHOOSH! They swooped inandtookherand-" She's clearly still too panicked to give a proper explanation, and starts to ramble incoherently.

What do you do?
    .:Try to calm Electrike:.
    .:Force the information out of her:.
    .:Leave Electrike and try to find another lead:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 96pts
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

"I understand. Don't worry, you should be safe here. Tell me, which and how many other Pokémon were accompanying you? I must know if I can leave you alone while I investigate. I don't want to drag you into all this. Take your time, stay calm, I will make sure to safe your friends." I sit down on the ground while I talk, checking my surroundings while listening to the Electrike's answer. "By the way... What's your name, buddy?"

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 12

Dysfunctionland!

With appearing as friendly as possible in mind, you slowly take a seat next to Electrike and pat her gently on the head. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, then leans into your petting. It seems you've gathered the attention of the other Pokemon again, and they all join you in trying to calm the Electrike's nerves. When she's composed enough, she steps into the centre of the circle that just formed around her, and relays her tale.

"There were four of us, myself and three others, two Snubbull and a Rotom. We were just trying to see if we could make the Ferris Wheel work again while nobody was around, we've seen people use it and it looked like fun, we just wanted to try it out. But when Sam - sorry, Rotom - tried to possess the Ferris Wheel to make it work, this weird humming noise started. Of course, we thought it was because of what Sam did -" tears start to well up in the younger Pokemon's eyes, "- but a few minutes later, a whole swarm of weird looking Magnemites started swarming in. They grabbed my friends and almost got me, but I m-mana-..." she sniffs and struggles to choke back a sob. "I m-managed to use Quick Attack and Wild Charge to g-get away. But then they all v-v-vanished! They just disappeared!"

What do you do?
    .:Try to calm Electrike again:.
    .:Ask Magnemite about its 'friends':.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

"Weird, huh? Could you... describe them a little further? Any detail helps, like color, auras or similar stuff. I know it's hard for you. It's important to know when I want to save your friends. Everything will be okay again, no, it's going to be okay again. No worries, I will settle the score, but I will need your help. May I know your name as well?" After its reply I will stand up, brush off the dirt off my coat (I totally had this whole time just for swag-purposes, also, I can already tell I'm going to regret having a coat soon in this adventure) and think about my plans.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 13

Dysfunctionland!

"O-oh yeah, my name's Taranis, but I'm fine with people calling me Tara." Her stuttering seems to have eased off a bit as she regains composure. "Their eyes were different - all black and soulless, see how your friend has a plain white eye with a black dot in the centre? These ones had entirely black optics, with green text scrolling down incredibly quickly. They looked a bit like they were glitching or something, they were moving really eratically and the text would flash every so often. I knew that that Magnemite wasn't one of them as soon as I saw its optic was normal."

The aforementioned Magnemite looks troubled, but doesn't say anything for the moment. Satisfied with your answers, you stand up again, brushing your coat down. Gotta stay suave!

What do you do?
    .:Look for the strange Magnemite:.
    .:Take another look around:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Last edited by Cynder; 17th February 2015 at 09:45 AM.

Advanced Trainer

"Very well Tara. I'll give you and everyone else here my word. I shall save your friends." I turn towards the Magnemite. "You aren't looking too good. Any ideas what's up with these Magnemites?" After Magnemite's answer, I'll pose another question. "Either way, where is this park's director's office located? I have a hunch... And I might want to check that one out."

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 14

Dysfunctionland!

"a-ah, well." Magnemite looks rather worried; if it was organic, its face probably would have gone pale. "Since us Magnemites are technically constructs and not organic beings, we get sick in different ways than you." It sighs. "Rather than getting a fever or nausea, we tend to get viruses. Of course, it doesn't happen often, but generally it can affect us in a massive variety of ways. One of which is a change in behaviour; from Tara's description, it seems like the virus that's been inflicted on those Magnemite is letting someone control them from afar. That's what the flashes are, that's the Magnemite's antivirus trying to fight back. It gets hold briefly, which makes their eye flash, then lets go again. It's worse than I've encountered before if it can adapt to their antiviral systems, which has me very worried."

"Oh wow, that's awful..." Tara says, staring down at her feet. "I feel sort of sorry for them now, even if they did take my friends. We've got to help them."

"Yes, it could get very nasty very quickly. Especially because there's such a large population of us Magnemites in the zone; most of the zone's security is controlled by a task force of Magnemite. If someone's controlling all of those Pokemon, we've got a major thing to worry about."

You ask about the Park Director's office, and it's Aaron who answers this time.

"I know where that is! It's back near the park's entrance, next to the ticket office and gift shop. I could take you if you want?"

What do you do?
    .:Go to the Director's office:.
    .:Take another look around:.
    .:Try to find the infected magnemite:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

"No, you and the others will stay here, where it's safe. Hopefully. Try to stay hidden. I will deal with this on my own terms. If I don't come back in a day or so, you know what happened I suppose. See you later!" With that I check out the Director's office near the park entrance, keeping low in case the Magnemite swarm is nearby.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 15

Dysfunctionland!

"O-oh, okay then." Aaron looks bashful, while Tara looks disappointed. Magnemite nods and shepards the others into a nearby tent.

"We should be safe in here," it says. "Thanks for your help Puma, and best of luck. We'll be here for now, I think we'll be looking for a way to the bunker soon though."

With a quick wave, you turn your back on the Pokemon you've met thus far and make your way to the entrance of the park again. The gift shop's door is ajar, so you swing it open and take a look inside. There's rows and rows of cutesy Pokemon memorabelia, and a couple of small models of the rides with little labels next to them stating their size, and a ton of keyrings. At the back of the room is a door which seems to lead to an office block of sorts, and back at the front of the store is a cash register with the drawer left open.

What do you do?
    .:Try going into the office block:.
    .:Check out the cash register:.
    .:Look elsewhere:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

Well, I suppose it can't hurt to equip myself probably. I'll be taking one of the keyrings with me, then I'll check out what's in the cash register. If it's money I'll leave it, if not I'll decide later on. I can give all this stuff back when I dealt with the situation anyway.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 16

Dysfunctionland!
    01100110 01100101 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100101 01100101 01101100
    Figuring that as there's so many keyrings that one vanishing won't be a problem, you rifle through them for a moment and pick out a cute novelty keyring with three small carved figures hanging from it; a gengar, litwick, and absol. You move onto the cash register and it's mostly empty aside from a couple of coins from a currency you don't recognise, and a small slip of paper poking out from under the tray.

What do you do?
    .:Take something else:.
    .:Move onto the office blocks:.
    .:Look elsewhere:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

Well, I like binary. I'll take that paper and off to the Ferris Wheel I go!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 17

Dysfunctionland!

Your eyes are sharp; they spot an invisible clue (that you weren't supposed to know about for another few rounds, I really should have hidden it better), so you decide to head over to the ferris wheel. It's about a ten minute walk to your destination, and you don't see much on the way. You pass by the tent which your newfound friends are hiding in, and the same Persian from before is stalking about. Something moves around cautiously in your peripheral, but you choose to ignore it as you keep walking. You eventually reach your destination; the park's massive ferris wheel, which squeaks eerily in the gentle breeze. You see a couple of figures ahead, but can't really see what they're doing other than that they're near a cabin next to the wheel's base.

What do you do?
    .:Return to the offices:.
    .:Go to the tent for backup:.
    .:Keep going towards the Magnemite:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

Ignoring that?! What was I thinking? I hurry back to the tents, hopefully it's not too late. It's intriguing and I'd really like to check out what these Magnemite are up to, but I'd rather not loose my new found friends in a matter of minutes.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 18

Dysfunctionland!

Deciding that ignoring the strange blur was a bad idea, you rush back to the tents to make sure everything's alright. When you reach the tent it's strangely quiet, when you enter, the first thing you notice is the three psychic Pokemon crouched around Magnemite, who has fallen to the ground. Its eye is closed tightly, and it's making a strange humming noise.

When the three notice your arrival, they jump to attention. "Wow, that was fast, I had no idea Tara would find you so quickly!" Glynn cries, running over to you. "Not long after you left, that weird humming noise started again, but instead of someone disappearing, this weird pulse went through the tent and Magnemite started acting strangely. When its eye turned all black, we used Hypnosis to send it to sleep, but we knew it's not going to last for long. So we sent Tara to look for you- wait, where is she?"

What do you do?
    .:Check out Magnemite:.
    .:Find Tara:.
    .:Return to the Ferris Wheel:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Last edited by Cynder; 18th February 2015 at 05:44 AM.

Advanced Trainer

"Agh, heck! I'm screwing around too much. I'll be making sure that Magnemite won't hurt you for now, but for that, it can't stay here. Who knows how long you can keep the Hypnosis up..." I'm picking the Magnemite up (6kg? That's actually legit, lol) and take it with me as I rush back to the Ferris Wheel, hopefully catching up to Tara in the meantime... God damn it Electrike!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 19

Dysfunctionland!

You act quickly and take Magnemite into your arms, then rush out of the tent to try to find Tara. Acting on a hunch that she went to the Ferris Wheel, you head back up towards it, and it seems you got there just in time.

She's fighting against the small horde of Magnemite, firing off Thundershock after Thundershock at them, and supplementing them with a flame burst when one of them gets too close. When she notices your presence she pauses to yelp, and the Magnemite take advantage of this opening and envelop her in a strange type of electricity. The magnemite in your arm starts to twitch.

What do you do?
    .:Help Tara:.
    .:Return to the others:.
    .: Subdue Magnemite:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    -recalled-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    -recalled-

[Bananarama]

Male @ Harvest
    -recalled-

Advanced Trainer

"So that's how it goes, huh? If a fight is what you want, a fight is what you get." First, I lay down the Magnemite in my hands somewhere off the battlefield, I can't have it ambush me now in the midst of battle, then I'm going to release Rufus and Choji.
    2 v 5, huh? That's cool. "Tara, if you'd be so kind as to hide behind me if you're still able to..."

Choji, hit them with a Rock Smash, follow up with Earthpower and Bulldoze, while Rufus attacks with Fire Blast, Flame Thrower and Inferno!
    If, however, Tara is not able to move to my side on her own, I will have Choji replace Rock Smash with Double Team to distract them, then swoop in and carry her here for his first action.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM PUMA'S CRUSADE
    Round 20

Dysfunctionland!

Pre-round:

[Corrupted 'Mite]

X @ Analytical
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 80pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 90pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Corrupted 'Mite]

X @ Magnet Pull
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 92pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 93pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Corrupted 'Mite]

X @ Magnet Pull
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 76pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 92pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Corrupted 'Mite]

X @ Sturdy
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 93pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 80pts
    -no status/boosts-

With a flurry of commands, you send your Pokemon to work while you place the Magnemite who was in your arms in the trees nearby. Tara simply absorbs the strange lightning that surrounds her (Lightning Rod ftw) and uses a Magnet Rise to get over to you more quickly, and your own Pokemon move into the action. Rufus is first to go, striking the first Magnemite with a rock smash (-6hp, -8ep), then Rufus releases a huge blast of fire at the second Magnemite, the fourth getting caught in the crossfire as well (-17hp, -8hp, -13ep). The Magnemite try to use electric attacks against Rufus, but they're just drawn over to Tara, who's looking stronger by the minute (+3 SpA, -7ep all magnemite). Seems they don't have a very good memory!

Rufus cringes as Choji lets loose a powerful Earthquake, but all four of the Magnemite look to be in intense pain as the 4x effective attack does its work. (-18hp, -23hp all Magnemite, -12ep) Another powerful bout of flame from Rufus strikes the third Magnemite, and it seems to back off a little (-16hp, -10ep), as do the rest of its brethren. They all lock onto Rufus, which makes you wonder what's coming next. (-6ep all Magnemite)

With all of them in one place, Rufus is able to strike them all with a well placed inferno, which leaves them looking rather charred (-18hp, all brn, -16ep). Choji adds insult to injury with a bulldoze, which leaves the first three Magnemite looking slowed, but this also affects Rufus, who loses a chunk of hp and speed along with them. (-11hp Rufus, -14hp Magnemite 1,2,3, -8ep). The Magnemite move in synchrony once again and try to strike Rufus with Zap Cannons, but Tara's Lightning Rod saves the day and absorbs all four of them. (+4 SpA Tara, -14ep all Magnemite) If something IS controlling these Magnemite, it really needs to realise that electric attacks aren't gonna work. All four of them take a little extra damage as the burn kicks in. (-3hp)

What do you do?
    .:Continue battling:.
    .:Run:.
    .: Something else?:.

[Choji]

Male @ Snow Cloak
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 72pts
    -no status/boosts-

[Rufus]

Male @ Shadow Tag
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 71pts