Thread: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Hybrid View

A serious brain-f*** Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Fenrir
    ~~~~~

“We…we have a problem.”

Fenrir released a growl. “What did you do?”

Nazara scowled at him and he met her gaze with equal, if not greater, ferocity. “I’m sure it’s not that bad,” she smiled back at Zedona. “What happened?”

“Well…” the wringing of his hands increased. Sweat shone against the sickly skin of his knuckles. “Graxdon knows.”

Fenrir clenched and loosened his fists. His fight with Moshinas had warmed his blood, stirred a passion in his soul that he had not felt in too long under Nazara’s choking leadership. He could sense an opportunity to lay into the pathetic Zedona and he wasn’t about to let the opportunity slip if it should present itself.

Nazara’s gaze hardened. “Explain.”

“I don’t know what happened. We were in the same place and I-”

Fenrir didn’t give the poison-spewer a chance to explain. Striding forward, he kicked the cripple’s chair and sent both vehicle and passenger crashing to the ground. Zedona tumbled out onto the ground and Fenrir pulled him up, holding his feet above the ground. “You useless piece of shit. I’ve been stuck playing nice and you get given one simple job and you go and announce our arrival to one of them?” Spinning round, he launched Zedona into a nearby wall. He thudded against it, powerless, and dropped to the floor with a cry of pain. Fenrir stepped towards him.

“He only knows about me!”

Fenrir knelt down and pulled his fist back. Whatever pain the little shit had felt knowing that he had been sleeping with Nazara was nothing compared to the agony the fire scion was about to inflict on him now.

A touch on his shoulder made him pause and he looked back at Nazara.

“Stand down.”

“But-”

“Stand down, Fenrir.”

He poured his fury in the gaze he shot her and withdrew, taking a place near Moshinas just in case the other scion got any ideas about leaving.

“Perhaps we can make something out of this.” She motioned for Moshinas to bring over Zedona’s chair and he obeyed. “Help him up will you?”

Zedona was lifted back into his chair and Fenrir let a smirk show when he saw the state the little wimp was in. Panting and bleeding, body trembling. Some much damage and he had barely touched the thing.

“So, Graxdon knows about Zedona. Fenrir’s little exploits earlier mean Tsanjel knows about him and, if history is anything to go by, Pele knows about him too.”

At the sound of his opposite’s name, Fenrir growled. How he loathed the girl’s existence. It hadn’t taken him long to block out their connection but somehow she continued to sense him. She always knew where to find him. But not this time. This time he was hidden. The girl would have received a flash at best, a glimpse, but nothing to go on. Would she even act on so little?

Nazara sucked in a breath. “The plan remains unchanged. We just have to be careful about how we implement it. Now we just need-”

“I’m here!” At that point, Eirwyn ran in, Moshina’s sword in hand. “Sorry I took so long, I had-” Seeing the four of them standing inside that pit of ‘worship’ she paused, scanning between their faces. “What did I miss?”

~~~
    Pele/Keira
    ~~~

She sat in her windowsill, watching as people passed below, making their way to work or to see their family or friends. How naďve they seemed, how distracted by their own lives. They didn’t know the threat that lurked in the shadows, the one that could, any day now, rear its head and bite, tearing away all they held dear. It had been so long since mankind had suffered at the hands of those born to protect them that it had forgotten them. Perhaps that was a greater sin than scorning those born only to carry their sins.

She looked back into the room and watched several seconds tick by. How long had it been since she had felt that familiar surge of anger and passion? Since she had been plagued by the terrible emotions that only Fenrir, her brother, could inflict on her? It had struck her as she say, meditating, and at first she had not believed it was possible. But it had come again and again, three times in total, and since that time, nothing. Not a spark of displeasure. She had begun to doubt her own feelings but the events of the past would not let her discard her fears. How many lives had fallen to him? How many women savaged, how many homes destroyed by what he could do? She couldn’t afford to dismiss fear but to act so suddenly would put her in danger. So she had waited. And waited. But the feeling had not come again.

So what do I do? Which course of action should I take? This silence worries me. It is not like him to go quiet. He is a brutal showman, a warrior from a civilisation long since dead, he doesn’t know how to patient. But what if he has learned? What if he is just waiting for the moment when he can inflict the most pain? I never expected him to branch from the others but he did and he caused so much suffering there was nothing I could do to stop him. What if he intends the same again? What if he is just waiting for the right moment to take me out of the equation?

She knew she might be over-thinking. He could very well not have come back at all. He could still be sleeping, undisturbed in his reincarnation, and what she had felt was nothing more than the tendril of a dream. But she knew she could not take that chance. Guilt would not allow her the pleasure of such a hope. She needed a plan, an alternative, someone to call on should the worst happen. Someone who wasn’t afraid of Fenrir, who would stand a chance of besting him should the time come.

She needed Angoruuna.

The scion of ice wasn’t hard to track down. Pele knew her usual haunts and it wasn’t hard picking out which particular one she had decided to settle in. Thankfully, Angoruuna’s nature had meant she had picked out a quiet spot with very few humans who might overhear them or, most likely, end up on the end of Angoruuna’s wrath.

To say that Pele didn’t agree with the ice scion’s ways was an understatement. Naturally, she felt a somewhat maternal instinct towards the humans and to have one on their side who took so much pleasure in their demise was distressing. In an ideal world, Pele would be able to do something to stop such events from unfolding but as it was they needed Angoruuna. And right now, Pele especially needed her help.

She approached the table where the woman sat, half in the shadow, half in the light, drinking something that probably had enough kick to kill a small animal.

Angoruuna caught her eye. “The hell you staring at kid?”

Pele opened her palm flat and let a small spark ignite. Tiny enough to go unseen by anyone who happened to glance their way but it was enough to reveal her identity. She doused it. “We need to talk.”

The woman drank and Pele took her silence as an invitation and sat opposite her. “It’s about Fenrir.”

“He raping and pillaging again? Bet it must be killing him, seeing all these humans giving him a run for his money.”

“Don’t.”

The eyebrow raised and that smirk, that twisted grin that Pele loathed so much, the one that was so similar to her brother’s, appeared on Angoruuna’s face. “I strike a nerve there, firefly?”

Don’t patronise me, Angoruuna. I’m not here to play your games, I’m here…” she needed a breath to compose herself, “I’m here to ask for your help.”

“You want help, you’re talking to the wrong scion.”

Pele tried to relax. She had forgotten how taxing it could be trying to talk to Angoruuna and her concern over Fenrir’s resurrection wasn’t helping. She needed to remember her goals and just who it was she was trying to work with. She knew Angoruuna, not thoroughly but enough to turn this in her favour. She just needed to figure out the right angle. “Alright, I’ll rephrase. I want to propose a deal.”

“A deal? And what, o great watcher, could you possibly have to offer me?”

“Eirwyn.” Angoruuna’s face was unreadable but Pele knew of the ice scion's preference for her counterpart and so she took what she had and pushed. “If my fears are true and my brother has returned then it is safe to say he isn’t alone. I can find Eirwyn for you. You know I can do it, you know I’m better at hunting her down than even yourself. Promise me that if I cannot fight you will deal with Fenrir and I will make sure you get to your sister first and uninterrupted.”

“That’s a big ask. Why’s it got to be me takes out the fire-spitter? I don’t care what he does.”

“Fenrir is a killer. I need a killer to best him. Last time he got too powerful, it took most of us to overcome him. I don’t want to make that mistake again and you are more than strong enough to take care of him.” She sat back. “Agree to back me up against my brother and I’ll give you all the alone time you could ever want with your sister. Sound like a fair deal?”
    Last edited by Samchu; 18th April 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    WANTED:

One signature.
    Experience preferred although training will be provided.
    Witty slogans only, please.

Imooto-deshi says:
    "BEEEE A ROUGE TOMATO"