- + ~ Nazara ~ + -

Any other night, any other day, Nazara would’ve been out of bed. Normally though, she wouldn’t have spent a good portion of the night entertaining the fire-spitter. She watched him leave through a cracked eyeball before she rolled over. To her mind, it was too early; this human form had a weakness of needing sleep. Sleep was time that the enemy could use against her, though she highly doubted any of them were aware of what had happened with the appearance of the comet. In the back of her mind, she could feel them, distant little pulses of energy meant to mark out her allies. Her very awkward thankfully not blood related family..

Quite a pathetic family really, those born from shadows will only live as their shadows. Given the job of a sponge, and a sponge ends up dirty and rotted at the end.

Some of the pulses disappeared, but she didn’t ignore the one that seemed abnormally close. She frowned, only rising from her bed because the day demanded that she begin preparations. She needed to know the status of her allies and enemies, she needed resources, and while now she had gotten a particularly fiery one, she needed more.

She slipped on her clothes, she had snuck into her apartment and grabbed some more before she had led Fenrir to the church. Simple jeans and a black baby-tee. It was good enough for today. Nazara stretched, hearing her back crack, she opened up the door and came face to face with the priest.

Nazara blinked, letting her surprise linger, if she was to calm about it he wouldn’t like it. Priests, pastors, councillors… all of them wanted guilt. Guilt was a human emotion that one would be accepted by those that thought, even in the purest sense, that they could exploit it.

“F-father!” She smiled nervously. “Hello…”

“That man, who left your room…” He eyed her suspiciously.

“Him, he’s-“

The look she got, from this human, made her blood boil. She shrugged it off, giving him a wary, smile.

“It’s personal Father, I don’t think I should discuss it. But it’s not what you think. I swear.”

He frowned, but nodded, accepting the answer. “You have visitors.”

She nodded, watching depart down the hall, she scowled at him and hurried for the main chamber. Energy was tingling around her wrist, for all she knew one of those damned god-defenders were here, to put her down before anything could be done about the state of things.

No, instead…

Instead standing before her was a woman that gave the impression of the first fall of snow, with a glistening beauty that only the heavens could bestow. She looked at Nazara warily, perhaps sensing that the scion was on edge. She looked around, admiring the cathedrals interior before she neared.

“Nazara?”

“Eirwyn.” She stated coolly, watching as the girl smiled. She was surprised when she rushed forward and embraced the light scion in a hug. Slowly Nazara returned the embrace, though not entirely sure what was going on.

The ice scion parted from her, her eyes wide with curiosity. “Have all of us awoken?”

Nazara didn’t offer a concrete answer. “Fenrir has returned, I don’t know about the others. As it stands now though, we can assume all of us regained our memories.”

Eirwyn looked put off, she looked at the ground warily. “Nazara… I don’t remember what happened in our last battle with the defenders… I just, something told me to find you.”

The light scion narrowed her eyes. If that was true, and Eirwyn didn’t remember, then for the moment, Nazara had nothing to worry about. She smiled and touched her hand to the girl’s cheek.

“We lost, if you couldn’t tell.”

“I’m sorry.” She frowned, hanging her head. “I thought I could win – we could win… What happened to me?”

Nazara didn’t answer, she simply smiled like a mother would to her worried child and lifted Eirwyn’s chin. She looked at her leader nervously, but seeing the kindness, she seemed to quickly regain her confidence.

“It doesn’t matter, not right now anyways.” Nazara was about to continue when the cathedral door opened, both of them looked quickly. Though they seemed to calm down when a man with a wheelchair rolled in, looking at them cautiously. “Zedona?” The light scion smiled, stepping around the icy-one to greet her sickly friend.

“Nazara.” He smiled weakly, rolling towards them; he came to a stop shortly.

“You remember Eirwyn?” Nazara gestured to the other girl.

He nodded. “Welcome back.”

“You too.” Eirwyn replied, and then they both looked at her. “What’s going on Nazara?”

“Honestly?” The woman looked at them. “I have no idea, not when it comes why some random falling star awoke us. What I do know is eventually the others will catch on, and they’ll do exactly what they’ve done the last two times. Humiliate us, and maybe this time they’ll strip away our powers and just trap us as humans with our memories. Unable to do a thing about the gods or them.”

Zedona hung his head. Nazara approached him, placing a caring hand on his shoulder. “Well we have the element of surprise. Shroud your energy, don’t let them detect us… its how they found us last time.” She paused, moving away from the duo, she strode up to the Christ figure and gazed up at it. Her eyes narrowed, and she looked back at them. “We need to find the others, allies and enemies… Eirwyn you will try and find our own. Keep yourself shrouded and search out who you can… I think Moshinas is close.”

She nodded.

“Zedona…” Nazara looked at him. “You’ll find our enemies, they won’t suspect you… Whatever you do, do not attack them. Watch, interact if you must but you keep your true identity and motives hidden.”

“What if they attack me?” He seemed worried.

“Exchange numbers, all of you. Don’t worry about Fenrir, he’ll return later tonight… I’ll tell him all he needs to know then.”

“Where is he?” Eirwyn tilted her head, curious.

“Who knows…” Zedona commented, albeit quietly. “Off pillaging another village?”

Nazara smirked. “No doubt…”

“What are you going to do?” Eirwyn questioned, she was always full of questions.

“I’m going to work.” Nazara shrugged. “I need to be there in an hour, it’ll give me time to think of our next move.” She looked at them. “Get going, call when you find something.”

Both nodded, and moved for the exit.

Nazara was quiet as they left and she turned back to the figure. Not that she had anything against the imaginations of humanity, but the gods looked nothing like what they thought. She tilted her head, knowing that she would have to hurry if she was going to be on time. But still, she couldn’t help but feel a little smirk crawl onto her face.

This time, I will make you bleed. She snarled inside her mind, before heading back to her room to change into something a tad more work appropriate.

“Claire!” The CEO of Sigmund Exclusive smiled at her, with a shaved head, thick rimmed glasses and a beaming smile it was so obvious it was gay it was funny. He always dressed nicely, and though he was hard on everyone else, he was never mean or cross with Claire. Claire had proven her worth. “My darling! How have you been?”

“To be honest Sigmund, I think I’m coming down with something!” She smiled at him, grinning as he feigned keeping distance from her.

“Oh no! Well if you need a day off honey you tell me, I’m sure I can keep things together for a day or two.”

“I’m sure.” She nodded, grinning.

“Do me a favour and deliver this to that boy down in printing…” Sigmund handed her a folder. “Go on! Before I find some other petty task for you.”

Nazara smiled and nodded, pivoting on her heel, she hurried.

She came around the corner, and bumped hard into someone. Grunting she stepped back, blinking.

“I’m sorry Miss.” He looked at her warily. “I…” His train of thought trailed off when he met her gaze.

Nazara rose an eyebrow at him, not annoyed at him, just… a little impatient. “You…?”

He blinked.

“What’s your name?”

“Tellus Shields.” He offered and brought the mop handle closer to him. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to bump into you.”

She smiled kindly. “Don’t worry about it.”

~ + ~

Time to try and get the ball rolling. Follow yer orders scions! :3 And have fun~