- + Nazara + -

She had fallen asleep.

She was keenly aware of this fact because she was standing in the middle of a simple white room. She had been in the church, so Nazara naturally caught on that unless Fenrir was playing some sort of horrible prank that he would pay dearly for, this had to be a dream.

A dream that decided to spawn ghostly images of her fellow dark scions, all in what she could presume was their modern day form. Nazara rose a brow at the sight, crossing her arms as they all looked towards her, their eyes nothing but white sockets.

Unnerving, but she’d had worse dreams.

Then they began to fade, to the point where only Eirwyn, Fenrir, Zedona, and Moshinas remained.

“You don’t have an army this time.” Fenrir commented, looking at the others.
Nazara frowned.

“Of all the historical beings you’ve been, you have always lost the war… a great leader that was always fighting a battle that will inevitably be lost.” Zedona sat up in his wheelchair, and matched Nazara’s frown. “Why will this be different?”

“A brilliant leader but unethically sound, you’d sacrifice everyone and everything to win.” Eirwyn cast her eyes to the ground. “Do we mean so little to you?”

The light scion clenched her fists.

“You’re playing a long, dark game Nazara.” Moshinas stepped up, sword in hand. “What if we no longer want to be your pawns?” He pointed the tip of the blade at her in the form of a challenge.

The dream was certainly infuriating. Her clenched fists had white knuckles and suddenly two blades spawn from her wrists, glowing a faint glow and giving off wisps of light.

“Without me you’d all be brooding in the muck, forever in the shadows of those who created us!” Her swords grew longer in her rage and she smashed Monshinas’s weapon from his grasp. She was thrown into a fray with all four of them in an instant, and the elements clashed as the lost ones just watched.

Her body was burnt, with her muscles uncontrollably twitching from electricity, coupled with a sickness burning her lungs and the bitter cold turning her digits black - she looked defeated. Yet she stood weakly, refusing to bow to any of them.

“I will win.” She snarled.

The dream abruptly ended then, as she opened her eyes groggily and found herself staring at the bedroom wall. She blinked slowly, reality fluttering back into perception. She ignored Fenrir, who was no doubt sitting on the bed behind her as she grabbed her phone and looked at her clock.

9:47 PM.

“What happened to Karis?”

“She called; I picked her up and took her home.” Fenrir answered as Nazara rubbed her eyes and rolled over. She hadn’t meant to fall asleep, she had just laid down a couple of hours ago to think things over. Fenrir smirked at her, eyes twinkling with an intent that was far from innocent. “So… how’re you?”
“Your fake concern is touching, please shut up for a second.” She retorted, reading her texts from Eirwyn and Zedona.

Both were safe at home, though Zedona claimed to have something interesting to talk about tomorrow if they had time.

“You’re tense.” He snickered, grabbing her and pulling her close. “You should learn to relax…” He kissed her neck and she frowned, shrugging off the affection so she could glare at him.

“I’m thinking you actually don’t deserve this.”

Instantly the man seemed concerned. Fenrir was far too easy to read. “Why?”

Her glare turned into a less threatening frown. “Well seeing as you nearly ruined everything today-“

“I apologized-” He cut himself off and she could feel him heat up in anger as she broke into laughter.

“So you did apologize!”

His embrace tightened around her chest. “Woman, I am warning you…”

“Aw,” she patted him on the cheek. “I’m sorry, am I upsetting wittle Karik?”

Oh the look she got. Despite the impending doom she couldn’t help but continue laughing. Fenrir watched her for a good couple of seconds before he flipped her over, pinning her roughly.

“You are going to regret that – and don’t call me that...”

Nazara stifled her laughter and let a bemused smirk appear on her face. Her eyebrow rose slowly.

“What?” She buried the anxiety in her with attitude. “Karik?”

Fenrir let out a growl that was both intriguing and intimidating. He looked over at a lit candle, something he must’ve lit before she woke up. The fire snaked its way from the wax starting point to her, tying itself like rope around her wrists, and then twisting the rest of itself into a knot, binding her to the bed.

“Huh…” She tugged on the fire rope and found herself bound. “Alright, I’ll admit I didn’t see that coming…”

He smiled, though it was about the furthest you could get from comforting, caring or at all pleasant. He leaned down, narrowing his eyes.

“Now – what did you call me?”

Unwillingly to admit defeat, Nazara kept her amused expression, and let the name slip off her tongue in a sensual taunt. “Karik.”

- + -

The distinctive tone of her phone going off is what woke Nazara. She grumbled, managing to crack an eye to stare at the sleek white phone on the side table. She didn’t move, instead watching and waiting for it to stop ringing. It fell silent a moment later, and the woman let her eyes drift shut.
Then it rang again.

Both eyes opened, with a groan she reached out and grabbed the device and brought it to her ear.

“What?”

“Na – I mean Claire, it’s Xavier.”

“What time is it?”

“Nine thirty.”

“In the morning?”

Probably taken aback by the really strange question, Zedona paused before he replied. “Err, yes, in the morning.”

“Who the fuck is calling you this early?”
“Is that Karik?”

“What did he call me?”

“No it’s not-“

“Is that the disease-ridden-“

Switching her phone to her other ear, Nazara reached behind her and clamped her hand over the fire scion’s mouth.

“What’s up Xavier?”

“I tracked down two of the others.” Zedona was slow to reply again, obviously suspicious. “One lives in town-housing, packed with people…”

“And the other?”

“The other is the one who owns the diner, neither of them are aware of our awakening.”

Nazara smiled at the progress and removed her hand from Fenrir’s mouth, she turned over and shot him a glare.

“You’ve done well Xavier, what’s the address of the town-housing one?”

“456 Cedar Crescent.”

“We can get rid of one then-”

“I get to kill someone?”

“That is Fenrir!”

“Oh for the love of god…” Nazara glared hell on her companion, who simply smirked. “Don’t use his name…”

“Why is he with you?” Zedona’s suspicion grew into anger. “In fact if you were asleep why was he there?”

“I fuckin’ slept with her!” The fire scion snatched the phone from Nazara quickly. “How’s that sit with ya?”

She couldn’t hear what Zedona was saying to Fenrir, but from the grin on the man’s face she knew he had pissed the poisoner off to no end. She sat up, grasping for her phone only to have to wrestle with a man twice her size for the contraption.

“Give it back.” She growled, trying to get it back.

“In fact,” Fenrir easily pinned her down, not really minding the entire scenario. “We have this deal, I get to- OW! What the hell woman! Don’t Bite – not now anyway!”

Nazara had gotten free only due to the point she had bit the hand holding her. She wrestled her phone back from Fenrir just long enough to tell Zedona to get to the church by getting a ride with Karis. After that the phone was stolen from her again.

“You still there wheels?” His smirk faded a bit when he got no reply from Zedona, and he hung up. He met Nazara’s eyes and he shrugged. “Oh he’ll get over it.”

“You’re an asshole.” She snarled, and laid back down, arms crossed, glaring at the wall. “Get out.”

There was silence, but it was broken by the man’s chuckling. “You care too much about him.”

“I don’t give a rat’s ass about him.” She countered, not glancing behind her when Fenrir laid back down behind her.

“So, why can’t I taunt him?”

“Because I don’t need you two trying to kill each other.”

Fenrir draped an arm over her. “I would never try to kill him… I would always succeed.”

“Fenrir...”

“I thought you had to call me Karik…”

She snorted. “And who is going to tell the others? The pastor?” The woman rolled her eyes. “In the church is fine…” Still refusing to look at him, she clarified her before statement. “I don’t need him attempting to kill you, and you lighting him on fire.”

“Ha!” His laugh made her look back finally, confused. He looked at her, smiling. “I wouldn’t light him on fire to kill him; I would just find some hill and give him a nudge.”

Nazara frowned, only because she didn’t want to smile.

“Can you picture it?” He looked up to the ceiling, and gestured as if it were some magnificent scene. “Some screaming idiot, wildly flailing his arms as he zooms through traffic…”

Her smirk broke through, and she looked away, stifling her laughter.

“I’ll strap a bomb to him, make him a bit useful.”

She laughed.

“What does it matter if he knows we’re sleeping together?” Fenrir sounded genuinely confused.

“He likes me.”

“So?”

She looked over her shoulder at him. “I’m using that to keep control of him.”
Fenrir smirked. “So, you’re sleeping with me, lying to Eirwyn and blue-balling Zedona…” He gave her a curious look. “How are you going to get Moshinas on your side?”

“I could sleep with him.” She smiled at Fenrir’s annoyed expression.
“No.”

“No?”

“No.” Fenrir reiterated the word, it sounded like a command.

“I can sleep with whomever I like Fenrir, I’m not exclusively yours.” Nazara stated, and felt his arm tighten around her. “… They’ll be here soon.”

“Mmhmm…” Fenrir leaned back, lessening his hold. He watched her sit up, though she seemed a bit reluctant. “Don’t want to get up?”

“You’re warm.” She noted with little thought. “I like warmth.”

“So… you liked it when I lit you on fire last night?” He questioned with a cheeky grin, and continued to watch the leader as she got dressed.

She smiled at him playfully. “A bit.”

He snorted. “You know if that priest-fuck didn’t know we were having sex before, he knows now.”

“Yeah…” She winced a bit, her muscles protesting to her stretch. “I’m sure he’ll throw holy water on me or something.”

“After what you were saying, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t try an exorcism.”

She chuckled, and gave herself a quick look over. Simple jeans with some tears, and a black babydoll tee. She brushed and fixed her hair, making it look perfect – just how she liked it. She glanced back at him as she sat down and put on her shoes. “Get dressed.”

“Do I have to?”

“Well, if you don’t want to help kill one of the others that’s fine… I’m sure Zedona will-“

“I’ll get dressed.” He hopped out of bed quickly. “A sanctioned killing from our fearless leader? How could I miss that?”

“Oh, and you may need to convince Moshinas to help us.” She reached for the door.

“Convince him?”

“Yes…” She smiled back at Fenrir, though her smile had a distinct vile tone about it. “He’s coming to get his sword, and if he doesn’t want to help… well, I’m sure you can make him see the light, as it were.”

- + Tag: Every dark scion. Get to the church <3 + -