Tellus Shields/Chronos

Tellus had to do a few things before finally be able to fall asleep again. He browsed the web on his computer for a bit, watched some TV, listened to some of his favorite songs, made sure to have everything ready for work. Finally, when he noticed that it was 1:37am, he went to the fridge, took a glass of milk and went to bed. He looked again at the clock… 1:43am was the last thing he saw before his eyes closed and he went into slumber.

The alarm clock rang and Tellus woke up. He had to get out of his bed quickly; after all, for some reason, the bed feels more comfortable just as you wake up and five more minutes of rest could easily become 30 minutes, which would be enough to get late to work. He is a fan of punctuality so he rose to his feet and rushed to the bathroom. The warm water flowing through his hair and into his face was enough to dissolve any symptoms of hypnosis brought by sleeping and open up completely his almond shaped eyes. After washing his mouth, he jumped inside his usual clothing had some cereal for breakfast. Even though he was a janitor, his company gave him the privilege to work in his usual clothing, so he had no problem in picking his clothing quickly. While putting his wallet in his pocket, he closed the door of his apartment and went to the bus station.

As he entered the bus, he felt some uneasiness. A scion is here, and from the looks of it, probably a dark one. he thought. He concealed his aura, as he wanted to go to work quickly, and morning is not a good time to have problems.

While walking through the passageway of the bus, he waved his head from left to right, hoping to find a place where he could sit. Finally, somewhere in the middle row, someone moved, revealing a free space for Tellus to sit down.

Speaking of Scions, I wonder how the others are doing. Lou pondered in his mind as the bus resumed the journey through Saint Tesara. He also wanted to know which person was the dark scion, but there were a lot of people in the bus, so this could take some time. He was a bit lazy for some stuff… he just relaxed!

While on the ride, he felt something touching his shoulder. He looked to his side… he was surprised. The young woman sitting next to him fell asleep on his shoulder. But what surprised Tellus was her calm, delicate face as she lay asleep next to him, which was as clear as an ice sculpture. Unable to stop looking at her, Tellus decided not to wake her up; besides, the dark circles on her low eyelids gave him the impression that she may have not slept much so a nap could benefit her greatly.

Is not because he already cared for her, but because he knew what it was like to not have enough sleep. Having his experience in mind, he knew what to do… He could hold his uneasiness with awkward situations for a while…

After a while, he felt the young woman moving a bit, so he quickly glanced to his side. She was waking up.

If Tellus was a bit surprised at her innocent face, what he would see next would just leave him speechless. As her eyelids opened slowly, her icy blue eyes combined with her light blonde hair, left Tellus so stunned that he took some time to react just after she bashed her head unintentionally by him in surprise.

“Ow...” She whispered, rubbing her head. Tellus suddenly felt the pain and his hand moved quickly into his forehead, trying to relieve his pain with a small rub. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to use you as a pillow.”

He was so focused on her eyes that he only blinked once before her words finally made him snap back into reality. He smiled while saying: “Don’t worry! You must be tired.” As he said it, she had her hand over her mouth, yawning loudly. “Maybe...”

“Haha, yep, you’re still a bit tired” he said while smiling as if he almost laughed. “If you want, I can wake you up when one of us gets to our destination. I’m going for my job at the town square.”

“I’m going to the Cathedral” she replied.

“Well, it looks like we’ll be getting off the bus on the same place.” He looked at his clock… “We’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“Then I could use a bit more rest” she said while closing her eyes again. “I…” Tellus preferred to stay quiet. She fell asleep on his shoulder again.

Small moments… moments that may go unnoticed as we spend the day, but that are as precious as those big dreams that humans strive for… pause time for a moment, and enjoy this little scene… and, if only for this time… cherish this moment as if could last forever.

“Hey, we’re here.” Lou whispered at the girl while the announcement was heard: “Next Stop: Saint Tesara Square”. The girl rubbed her eyes as she woke up, stretched a bit and finally thanked Tellus for waking her up. They both proceeded to get off the bus and walk toward the square.

“So what brings you here” Tellus asked. His voice showing signs of nervousness. “I plan to meet a friend” she replied. “I… I see…” Tellus answered as they crossed a street. He wanted to have a casual conversation, but he had trouble communicating with humans; but he was putting an effort –though unsuccessful– in at least say a few things.

“Well, here it is!” they both stood in front of the colossal building know as the Cathedral. “I hope you find you friend…” Tellus said. His face suddenly turning a bit blue for some reason he didn’t knew yet.

“Thanks… umm” the girl replied while wondering his name. “Tellus, Tellus Shields” Tellus replied. “Well, thanks Tellus” she said as she gave him some kind of paper. He was unsure to refuse her, so he just took the paper.

As she walked to the doors of the Church, he opened the paper, wondering what it was… a phone number. “Wait…” it slipped through Tellus lips, though unintentionally. He didn’t know her name.

She opened the door… and looked straight at Tellus eyes. “Karis, Karis Simmons” her face shined with a warm smile before she turned away to enter the Cathedral.

He stood there motionless for a while. His wristwatch gave a light chime that made him return from dreamland. “I’M LATE!” He rushed to his job without remembering that there was a dark scion in the bus and without even thinking that there was a reason as to why he was feeling uneasy and calm at the same time with a girl he just met...

Wow, OK, here we have Karis (Eirwyn), and Tellus works as a janitor at the same place where another Scion works, so even if the Scion’s not mentioned here, I’ll have it tagged (he/she knows who he/she is ). Finally, this happens during the morning (or early at dawn), so if someone is going to the Cathedral, then tag to anyone who wants to see a guy staring at a church for no reason or sprinting towards a building.