= + - Nazara - + =

Not who she was looking for. That was definitely a fact; she had been sat on the bench, waiting for the light scion in the diner, when to her surprise another appeared in the park.

It took her a moment to find the other, the crowds of people passing her by made it difficult until it showed he was the one trailing behind another group, enjoying the scenery of the park. He watched the child play with a small, innocent smile on his face. His attention moved to the bird watchers and the sparrows.

Claire narrowed her eyes, and flicked open her phone.

Claire: Where are you?

Karik: Headin out of the park. Why?

Claire: Don’t leave. I found one. Find me, but don’t come over.

She stood a second later, playing as if her phone was really that interesting. Her path wobbled, barely managing to walk around a few humans who shot her an annoyed glare at her lack of attention before she smacked right into the scion.

The two of them looked at each other. Claire blinked, feigning daze. He offered her his hand.

“I am really sorry, are you alright?”

She looked at the hand and took it slowly, being brought to her feet by him. Claire smiled a little sheepishly. “I’m fine, thanks… God I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going…”

“It’s alright.” He smiled, and they took there for a second or two, in awkward silence.

“Um…” Nazara drew on Claire’s natural curiosity and goodness. “Are you, waiting for somebody?”

“Hm?” He blinked.

“Well, most people don’t come to the park alone.” She smiled, looking around at the people. Children had friends, teenagers had cliques, adults had their dates, associate…

“Oh, no.” The scion looked at the people. “No, I um… just wanted to clear my head.”

“Oh?” She tilted her head. “Why?”

“Um…” He gave her an odd look. “My work… sorry, it’s not that I don’t trust you… just I don’t know you.” He shifted, maybe uncomfortable with the topic. “I don’t even know your name.”

Nazara hated this. She could easily just text Fenrir and have the fire scion kill him, but that would ruin all the planning she had done.

“Oh my god, I’m… just out of it today.” She smiled, offering her hand. “My name’s Claire – Claire Reynolds.”

He didn’t hesitate to take her hand. “I’m Timothy Serrano.”

As their handshake broke, Claire’s phone went off. She looked at the screen seeing a text.

Karik: Fuck he’s boring. Hurry up.

“My friend’s waiting for me,” she glanced behind her, as if looking for someone. “Um… I’ll see you ‘round, okay?”

Timothy nodded. “Sure.”

They parted, and Claire walked off quickly. She rounded a corner, out of sight of her new acquaintance and nearly ran into Fenrir. She frowned at him, looking at her text and then at him.

“Really?”

“He was.”

“You have the maturity of a five year old.” She muttered, both of them heading out of the park.

“Karis got two cars.” He shrugged. “A mini cooper and a Cadillac.”

“That’s going to be fun explaining to my boss… What about my mazda?”

“It’s in public storage… under her name.” Karik looked at her, half-curious. “Why can’t I have a car?”

“Because until you prove you can be subtle, you don’t get one.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” He snarled, angered.

“It means don’t steal cars,” she hissed in a lower tone. “Use the damn bus.”

She quickly texted Karis to meet them.

“What’s the next step?” Her companion questioned. “I’m getting sick of this cat and mouse crap.”

“It’s the first day.” She shot him a look. “I’m trying to figure everything out.” Looking up at him, Claire patted Karik on the cheek. “When we’re ready, you’ll be the first to know.”

“Good.” He looked around with a bit of a frown. “Days gettin’ late…”

“So?” She didn’t look up from her phone as she texted Zedona. “What’s your point?”

“… Our deal.”

She snapped a look at the man. “Really?” He gave her a playful smirk and shrugged. Nazara rolled her eyes. “You can wait.”

He snorted. “What are we going to do? Plot some more?”

The woman held her tongue for a second. “Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because-” She snapped at him, but caught herself. “I’ll you later.”

“Are you that paranoid?”

“Being careful is not being paranoid.”

Surprisingly avoiding the argument, Karik sighed and looked away. Watching as a red mini cooper pulled up the curb. The two of them walked over, seeing a rather happy Karis inside, grinning at them. Nazara got in the front was Fenrir hopped in the back.

They pulled away quickly, leaving the park behind.

Tag Sam and Becki