Thread: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Threaded View

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Tellus Shields/Chronos

“Behind every successful man there’s a wise woman”.

The rumors at Sigmund Exclusive, the place where Tellus worked had a clear example of this common saying. Tellus began working recently as a janitor on the company, but rumors spread like pollen; thus he knew that the reason of the company’s success was summarized in a name that everyone in the company knew: Claire Reynolds.

Sure, the CEO might be the one who established the company, but it was thanks to Claire’s ideas that the company reached the fame it enjoys today. Every time her name was mentioned, the word “perfection” could be drawn out of the gossip. Leadership, initiative, beauty… almost any good adjective that a human being could think of would fit this charismatic CEO first assistant.

He only saw her walking by once in his few months at his job, but even her graceful steps –which could be compared with a skillful dancer–, were enough to make every man in the company hold their job for a while, just to have a glance at “the woman”.

However, in spite of this, Tellus didn’t even considered being able to talk to her. After all, janitors were lonely workers. Usually, their fantastic cleaning abilities go unnoticed. They are the ones who clean the mess done by others in the bathrooms, which usually requires “a strong stomach”. They get to work early to have the floors polished for the people who walk by them every day. If there are decorative plants in a company, they are the ones who water them every day. And if a company has an air conditioning system –which is a must-have in every company– then the janitors have the job to keep the dust out of them.

People seem to forget that, if they always find a bathroom tidy and clean, if they walk through a polished hallway, if they smile while noticing a healthy plant, and if they can breathe the cool air of an air conditioning system, is because the janitors have been there completing their duties. They might possess great skills, and some of them might even make good conversations, including funny jokes; but most people look down on them.
    Tellus was one of those janitors. He knew that his job required skills and dedication, but he also knew that people would look down on him. This is why he, unlike most men in the company, did not dream with meeting Claire someday.

The thing is that even the most logical conclusions can be taken down by undeniable facts. And today, facts would prevail over conclusions.

Tellus was at his usual routine, he would mop the floors early in the morning, clean the garbage cans and bathrooms once every hour (he would have this task divided with a co-worker in periods of 30 minutes), water the plants, and if needed, he would have to provide services for employees on higher positions, who would usually have their own office. This way his usual routine expect on Mondays, where he would have to inspect and clean the air conditioning system as soon as he arrived to work. Sure, the employees of the night shift were the ones who cleaned the ventilation system, but in case someone didn’t do his job properly, then Tellus will be the one to make sure the job was well done before turning on the vent system.

Thanks to Chronos ground abilities and knowledge, Tellus could deal with dust and earth-like particles easily. While making sure that no one saw him, he could manipulate the dust like a magnet and pull it out of everywhere, that’s why his designated areas for cleaning were polished, even in those small and annoying corners where the broom could not do its job effectively. Sometimes, he would even make pictures and words with the dust, just to have something to laugh, but he would quickly return to his cleaning duties.

Today, he was mopping the floors, so his gaze was drawn to the pattern created by the mop as he went from left to right and vice-versa, leaving each tile clean of dust. He was close to the corner, almost ready to finish this hallway to proceed to the next, when he felt someone bump into him. His gaze quickly went into the person’s feet and noticed a pair of high heels. hmm, a lady… I better apologize quick . Even though he wasn’t at fault, he preferred to be the one who offered apologies whenever this happened. That way, people would be put at ease by his kindness and continue their duties.

“I’m sorry Miss.” Tellus quickly said. “I…” His train of thought trailed off when he met her gaze. He never expected to be face to face with Claire Reynolds. Her sapphire eyes and charcoal hair, along with her beautiful skin was just enough to left Tellus unable to say anything.

“You…?” she replied, her eyes showing a bit of impatience, probably because she needed to hurry with her task. He blinked, returning to the scene.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

Crap, this sounds bad! I need to apologize and fast
    “Tellus Shields.” He offered and brought the mop handle closer to him. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to bump into you.”

She smiled kindly. “Don’t worry about it.”

Whew, safe! But still… Tellus felt uneasy at her reaction. After all, only a few words from her to the CEO would be enough to get him out of the company. He appreciated his job, and losing it could be a problem. But as he was lost in his train of thoughts, he didn’t notice that she was walking through his side. “Ma’am” she turned to him with a serious look “Th-the floor is wet. P-proceed with caution, OK?” She stared awkwardly at him before turning around and continuing her path.

sighs Tellus went to grab the mop and continued his duties. Well, I guess that what happens when you are mentally allergic to humans

As he was ready to proceed into the next hall, his memories suddenly flashed… he recalled the events in the morning, from the one of the few interactions he had with a human to the moment just before getting into the bus.

Hmm, I wonder how was I able to interact with Karis… sure, she seems like a nice person… and you have to admit that she is… well, let’s just say that she’s special.

Chronos didn’t want to put much thought into it. He had this habit of thinking too much about small details, and whenever he did that, he would stress himself over nothing. Plus… Special… His gaze was fixed at the floor, but his mind was travelling in time, through some of the memories he spent with her. He knew it was forbidden, he knew it would bring calamity, but even so…

He wanted to see her again; and even if his fellow light Scions “didn’t knew” where she was, and even if he did not want to insist on her whereabouts... he would keep in his mind and his heart the desire to once again, feel her chilling caress in his face.

“Eirwyn…” his lips muttered her name before he just forgot everything and moved on to the next hallway to clean.

He didn’t notice that Claire was walking by when he mentioned her name…

Soon after Chronos was done with his job, he found himself passing by the Cathedral as usual. But this time, he stopped and gazed at the entrance. As a faint smile glowed in his face, he would recall everything about the morning. He dismissed his thoughts as he continued his path to the bus station. His memoirs also took notice of the moment when he noticed a dark scion in the ride to town. He released his aura to investigate… Hmm… odd, I can’t feel the dark Scions… maybe I’m just tired.

His curiosity for the lack of aura was set aside when a conversation between humans caught his attention:

"Hey, did you hear what they said in the news?"
    "You mean, about the fire in that building?"
    "Yeah! They say that they have been unable to identify what caused the fire. But the worst part is that they still haven't found a single survivor"

As Chronos accidentally overheard the gossip between the people waiting for the bus, he couldn't help but feel some kind of ominous feeling. For some reason, his memories went back to the time where Saint Tesara faced an Armageddon thanks to the flames of destruction produced by Fenrir's Wolf pack.

Fenrir He couldn't help but frown at the thought of that name, for the extinction of humanity was almost fulfilled by his hands. Even though the Scions stopped him, his thirst for destruction would probably have not been satisfied. Chronos hoped that the memories of the dark Scions didn't return, for it would mean the possible fall of humanity, and with the lack of communication he had with his fellow Light friends, the fall of them too.

Chronos may not be as much of a lover of humanity as Saighneán, but he knew that humans were not guilty of the fate of the Scions. Sure, humans might be cruel sometimes, and even that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly -turning a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin-, but he has also seen the power in humans when they stand up from the ashes, cast aside any small difference and cooperate to reach a common goal. It was from them that he learned that there might still be hope for what he dreams for. Plus humans were amusing to study and to observe; so as a protector of humanity, he knew that if there were another day where something or someone became a menace to humanity, he would stand again and as the Scion of Earth to protect the children of the earth.

He didn’t notice that his body moved on his own while his mind was lost in thoughts. As he was thinking of all these things, he’d already entered the bus and took a seat. He had half a day and the night in this period of 24 hours, but an event in the morning promised to be the light in him, at least for the rest of the day…

*sighs* I guess this is one of the few times that I’ve been able to establish friendship with someone.

Yeah, a human that resembles Eirwyn you idiot!

She’s Karis Simmons, not Eirwyn!

And if she’s not Eirwyn, then why did you let her enter your life!?

That’s right, how could she enter my life so easily… Chronos could only think of one answer… she somehow resembled “her”. He hated the thought of it, not because Karis wasn’t beautiful or nice, but because he did not plan to have her as a replacement for his dearest.

And his thoughts were replaced out of the nothingness...

He remembered a delicate pale skin, en enlightening smile, a pair of heavenly eyes and a warm, soothing feeling on his shoulder. His thoughts would once again be struggling to deny a fact which became as clear as the icy blue eyes reflecting the truth in his mind…

He already missed her!

Last edited by Shadow Wolf; 22nd November 2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: changed a bit some words to correct a description

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^