Thread: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Hybrid View

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Default Re: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Eirwyn

Moshinas’ house wasn’t what she expected. As a young man, she expected him to perhaps own a nice apartment, a bachelor pad, not a duplex in the middle of some renovations. Not that it mattered at all, since her house was a pokey little 2 bed house squished in between two much bigger houses either side, with a little garden out the back and no driveway...

But why should she expect anything of him, since like the others, nothing about Moshinas really stood out to her, with one exception. From the look in his eyes as she duelled him, she remembered his temper, his violence, and was surprised when he backed down so easily after a minor defeat. This was not the Moshinas that she could remember from the first rebellion, and she was curious to know what had changed him. That was for another time, she had to get him on side, somehow, without knowing the circumstances of their last battle.

As he went to get changed, Eirwyn settled herself in the kitchen. Perhaps she’d taken his hospitality a little too far when she took out a pair of mugs, filled them with milk, warmed them in the microwave and stirred hot chocolate powder into them, but she realised that she hadn’t actually eaten today. Taking food from him would have been a step too far, but the warm drink would keep her going long enough until her next real meal.

Not wanting to dwell on any thoughts, she flipped on the portable radio and sat next to it on the kitchen counter, sipping away at her drink. She had to focus on getting Moshinas on side, not the few snide comments he had made, and therefore needed a distraction from her thoughts.

“An office building in central Saint Tesara caught fire earlier today-”

“Great...” Eirwyn sighed, finding her phone to see if that could distract her instead. “More depressing news...”

Moshinas joined her shortly afterwards, now clean, fresh and tidy. She didn’t move from her perch, she liked it up there, and offered him his mug. He frowned, he clearly didn’t know what to make of her.

“You made yourself at home...” He commented, leaning against a counter opposite. He took a sip of his drink. “Hot chocolate? Didn’t think you’d like hot drinks.”

“Even the coldest of people need a little warmth every now and again.” She smiled, setting both her drink and phone down on the counter beside her. “Look, Moshinas, we need to talk.”

“No.” He folded his arms defensively. “I’m not joining you in whatever plot to overthrow the Light Scions you have this time.”

“There is no plot, per se...” Eirwyn started swinging her legs absentmindedly. “Just a meeting, to find out who is here, and to decide what to do-”

“That sounds distinctly like the beginnings of plotting.”

“Not exactly, since I have no idea what Nazara has in mind...”

“Ah.” Moshinas seemed to relax a little. “So Nazara is in charge this time...”

Eirwyn looked at him blankly for a second. “Yes...” She hopped down off the counter. “Look, I can’t remember the last rebellion, so all these little-”

“You can’t remember?” For the first time, she saw Moshinas smirk. “Well that’s certainly convenient.”

“It’s not convenient.” She snatched her phone from the side. “It’s irritating.” She moved her gaze to her phone as she scrolled through it. “I need to call Nazara, tell her I found you.”

Eirwyn stood just outside the kitchen, so she could still hear Moshinas if he decided to part any more wisdom on her. But he seemed to just listen in as she explained the situation to Nazara. She didn’t pay him much attention, to be honest, until the radio mentioned the fire story in more detail.

That’s got Fenrir written all over it... She thought. “What about Fenrir?”

“He’ll be back eventually, assuming he hasn’t screwed up anything already-“

“I think he lit a building on fire.”

Once they had quickly decided what to do, she shoved her phone back in her pocket, went back in the kitchen and addressed Moshinas again.

“What’s your host’s name?” Eirwyn glanced around. If she was gonna get him to come with them, she needed some kind of leverage.

“Dylan Mer-”

“Call me Karis from now on, okay?” She spotted his phone, snatching it off the table, entering her number and calling her own phone before he got the chance to snatch it back off her. “It’s so we can keep in contact, regardless if you decide to fight or not. Who knows? Maybe Claire just wants to sit back and see what happens this time.”

“Unlikely as that is...” Dylan smirked.

Karis let out a little laugh. “I know...” She folded her arms. “Look, we think Fenrir’s out on a rampage, and we’d appreciate it if you came-”

“Did I not give out the impression that I do not want to be involved?”

“Do you want to be exposed to the Light Scions to us by letting Fenrir run riot?”

“No, but...”

“Well then.” She smirked, knowing that in all technicalities, she had won. “Let’s go!” She turned to leave.

“No.”

She sighed and rolled her eyes, about to argue, but instead spotted Dylan’s sword in the hallway. Ah, yes, leverage... “Well, I’ll just be borrowing this...”

“Borrowing what?”

Eirwyn snatched the sword as she ran from the house, making sure he knew she’d taken it. This was a big gamble, there was a large possibility that Moshinas would be able to catch her, but she was lucky that Karis was physically fit enough, and that she had a significant head start. The little patch of ice she left outside the front door also helped her cause; she heard him slip.

She reached the corner just a few seconds before Nazara did, much to her relief. “Just in time!” She called to Nazara, opening the passenger side door, moving the seat and carefully throwing Moshinas’ sheathed blade onto the back seat.

“... What’s that for?” Nazara questioned, frowning as Eirwyn leaned against the open car door to catch her breath.

“Leverage.” She grinned at Dylan as he stopped a few feet away. “Look, sweetie, either you come with us now and I let you have your sword back, or you come pick it up tomorrow afternoon at the Cathedral. Your choice!”

TAGS~ Erm, I hope I did Moshinas okay. Teehee, stole yer sword
    Last edited by ChobiChibi; 26th November 2011 at 05:17 PM.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train