Thread: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Hybrid View

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Tellus Shields/Chronos

“Behind every successful man there’s a wise woman”.

The rumors at Sigmund Exclusive, the place where Tellus worked had a clear example of this common saying. Tellus began working recently as a janitor on the company, but rumors spread like pollen; thus he knew that the reason of the company’s success was summarized in a name that everyone in the company knew: Claire Reynolds.

Sure, the CEO might be the one who established the company, but it was thanks to Claire’s ideas that the company reached the fame it enjoys today. Every time her name was mentioned, the word “perfection” could be drawn out of the gossip. Leadership, initiative, beauty… almost any good adjective that a human being could think of would fit this charismatic CEO first assistant.

He only saw her walking by once in his few months at his job, but even her graceful steps –which could be compared with a skillful dancer–, were enough to make every man in the company hold their job for a while, just to have a glance at “the woman”.

However, in spite of this, Tellus didn’t even considered being able to talk to her. After all, janitors were lonely workers. Usually, their fantastic cleaning abilities go unnoticed. They are the ones who clean the mess done by others in the bathrooms, which usually requires “a strong stomach”. They get to work early to have the floors polished for the people who walk by them every day. If there are decorative plants in a company, they are the ones who water them every day. And if a company has an air conditioning system –which is a must-have in every company– then the janitors have the job to keep the dust out of them.

People seem to forget that, if they always find a bathroom tidy and clean, if they walk through a polished hallway, if they smile while noticing a healthy plant, and if they can breathe the cool air of an air conditioning system, is because the janitors have been there completing their duties. They might possess great skills, and some of them might even make good conversations, including funny jokes; but most people look down on them.
    Tellus was one of those janitors. He knew that his job required skills and dedication, but he also knew that people would look down on him. This is why he, unlike most men in the company, did not dream with meeting Claire someday.

The thing is that even the most logical conclusions can be taken down by undeniable facts. And today, facts would prevail over conclusions.

Tellus was at his usual routine, he would mop the floors early in the morning, clean the garbage cans and bathrooms once every hour (he would have this task divided with a co-worker in periods of 30 minutes), water the plants, and if needed, he would have to provide services for employees on higher positions, who would usually have their own office. This way his usual routine expect on Mondays, where he would have to inspect and clean the air conditioning system as soon as he arrived to work. Sure, the employees of the night shift were the ones who cleaned the ventilation system, but in case someone didn’t do his job properly, then Tellus will be the one to make sure the job was well done before turning on the vent system.

Thanks to Chronos ground abilities and knowledge, Tellus could deal with dust and earth-like particles easily. While making sure that no one saw him, he could manipulate the dust like a magnet and pull it out of everywhere, that’s why his designated areas for cleaning were polished, even in those small and annoying corners where the broom could not do its job effectively. Sometimes, he would even make pictures and words with the dust, just to have something to laugh, but he would quickly return to his cleaning duties.

Today, he was mopping the floors, so his gaze was drawn to the pattern created by the mop as he went from left to right and vice-versa, leaving each tile clean of dust. He was close to the corner, almost ready to finish this hallway to proceed to the next, when he felt someone bump into him. His gaze quickly went into the person’s feet and noticed a pair of high heels. hmm, a lady… I better apologize quick . Even though he wasn’t at fault, he preferred to be the one who offered apologies whenever this happened. That way, people would be put at ease by his kindness and continue their duties.

“I’m sorry Miss.” Tellus quickly said. “I…” His train of thought trailed off when he met her gaze. He never expected to be face to face with Claire Reynolds. Her sapphire eyes and charcoal hair, along with her beautiful skin was just enough to left Tellus unable to say anything.

“You…?” she replied, her eyes showing a bit of impatience, probably because she needed to hurry with her task. He blinked, returning to the scene.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

Crap, this sounds bad! I need to apologize and fast
    “Tellus Shields.” He offered and brought the mop handle closer to him. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to bump into you.”

She smiled kindly. “Don’t worry about it.”

Whew, safe! But still… Tellus felt uneasy at her reaction. After all, only a few words from her to the CEO would be enough to get him out of the company. He appreciated his job, and losing it could be a problem. But as he was lost in his train of thoughts, he didn’t notice that she was walking through his side. “Ma’am” she turned to him with a serious look “Th-the floor is wet. P-proceed with caution, OK?” She stared awkwardly at him before turning around and continuing her path.

sighs Tellus went to grab the mop and continued his duties. Well, I guess that what happens when you are mentally allergic to humans

As he was ready to proceed into the next hall, his memories suddenly flashed… he recalled the events in the morning, from the one of the few interactions he had with a human to the moment just before getting into the bus.

Hmm, I wonder how was I able to interact with Karis… sure, she seems like a nice person… and you have to admit that she is… well, let’s just say that she’s special.

Chronos didn’t want to put much thought into it. He had this habit of thinking too much about small details, and whenever he did that, he would stress himself over nothing. Plus… Special… His gaze was fixed at the floor, but his mind was travelling in time, through some of the memories he spent with her. He knew it was forbidden, he knew it would bring calamity, but even so…

He wanted to see her again; and even if his fellow light Scions “didn’t knew” where she was, and even if he did not want to insist on her whereabouts... he would keep in his mind and his heart the desire to once again, feel her chilling caress in his face.

“Eirwyn…” his lips muttered her name before he just forgot everything and moved on to the next hallway to clean.

He didn’t notice that Claire was walking by when he mentioned her name…

Soon after Chronos was done with his job, he found himself passing by the Cathedral as usual. But this time, he stopped and gazed at the entrance. As a faint smile glowed in his face, he would recall everything about the morning. He dismissed his thoughts as he continued his path to the bus station. His memoirs also took notice of the moment when he noticed a dark scion in the ride to town. He released his aura to investigate… Hmm… odd, I can’t feel the dark Scions… maybe I’m just tired.

His curiosity for the lack of aura was set aside when a conversation between humans caught his attention:

"Hey, did you hear what they said in the news?"
    "You mean, about the fire in that building?"
    "Yeah! They say that they have been unable to identify what caused the fire. But the worst part is that they still haven't found a single survivor"

As Chronos accidentally overheard the gossip between the people waiting for the bus, he couldn't help but feel some kind of ominous feeling. For some reason, his memories went back to the time where Saint Tesara faced an Armageddon thanks to the flames of destruction produced by Fenrir's Wolf pack.

Fenrir He couldn't help but frown at the thought of that name, for the extinction of humanity was almost fulfilled by his hands. Even though the Scions stopped him, his thirst for destruction would probably have not been satisfied. Chronos hoped that the memories of the dark Scions didn't return, for it would mean the possible fall of humanity, and with the lack of communication he had with his fellow Light friends, the fall of them too.

Chronos may not be as much of a lover of humanity as Saighneán, but he knew that humans were not guilty of the fate of the Scions. Sure, humans might be cruel sometimes, and even that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly -turning a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin-, but he has also seen the power in humans when they stand up from the ashes, cast aside any small difference and cooperate to reach a common goal. It was from them that he learned that there might still be hope for what he dreams for. Plus humans were amusing to study and to observe; so as a protector of humanity, he knew that if there were another day where something or someone became a menace to humanity, he would stand again and as the Scion of Earth to protect the children of the earth.

He didn’t notice that his body moved on his own while his mind was lost in thoughts. As he was thinking of all these things, he’d already entered the bus and took a seat. He had half a day and the night in this period of 24 hours, but an event in the morning promised to be the light in him, at least for the rest of the day…

*sighs* I guess this is one of the few times that I’ve been able to establish friendship with someone.

Yeah, a human that resembles Eirwyn you idiot!

She’s Karis Simmons, not Eirwyn!

And if she’s not Eirwyn, then why did you let her enter your life!?

That’s right, how could she enter my life so easily… Chronos could only think of one answer… she somehow resembled “her”. He hated the thought of it, not because Karis wasn’t beautiful or nice, but because he did not plan to have her as a replacement for his dearest.

And his thoughts were replaced out of the nothingness...

He remembered a delicate pale skin, en enlightening smile, a pair of heavenly eyes and a warm, soothing feeling on his shoulder. His thoughts would once again be struggling to deny a fact which became as clear as the icy blue eyes reflecting the truth in his mind…

He already missed her!

Last edited by Shadow Wolf; 22nd November 2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: changed a bit some words to correct a description

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

+ - Nazara – +

It was amusing to Nazara that Sigmund, after all her tasks were done, sent her home. He has hurried her along, saying that the company and he would survive the rest of the day without her. She had kindly asked a couple days off, and he had granted them, so happy that she was finally taking a break from working her ‘tushy’ off.

Odd man, but she could deal with an understanding, if a little queer boss.

Her mind wandered to far more important things though.

Tellus was a scion.

He didn’t strike her as one of the dark scions, they were all notably… easy to recognize. No, he had to be a light, and she had a particularly good idea on who he was. Muttering that name, of all the names you could possibly utter in some sort of train of thought, wasn’t some random chance. It was just bizarre that she had found him so damned quickly.

Chronos, she smiled to herself as she sat on a park bench, watching various humans toddle about in the greenery. You haven’t changed at all. Still the little man, doing the dirty work while you’re betters step all over you. The smile stayed as she brought out her fancy little iPhone and began to skim through the various apps Claire had put on it. She opened a note program and typed in Tellus >> Chronos and paused.

The phone’s screen flipped to one that displayed Eirwyn was calling her.

Nazara pressed the button and brought the phone to her ear.

“So, I found Moshinas.”

Nazara leaned back, she had ran back to the cathedral, changed, and gone out. She much enjoyed jeans and a tank top then any sort of company fancy clothes. “And how is he?”

“Different.”

“You’ll have to be a little more descriptive,” Nazara frowned and brushed some non-existant dust from her top as a distraction. “He’s never really been our very loose definition of normal.”

“He’s not going to help.”

That plucked a nerve, Nazara’s neutral expression turned to a small scowl. She hid the irritation in her voice though. “Oh?”

“No, he seems a little…” she paused. “Apathetic?”

That wasn’t nearly as bad as Nazara imagined. “Well, we’ll just have to fix that then.”

“How?”

She smiled again. “Let me worry about that, get his number and invite him to the cathedral tomorrow afternoon.”

“Have you heard from Zedona?”

“No.” Nazara answered, “He’s fine.”

“Just, with the wheelchair and all…”

About to say Eirwyn’s name, she paused. “What’s your actual name?”

It took the girl just a second to catch on. “Karis.”

“Use it.”

“Why?”

“I’ll explain later, I’ll text wheels and tell him. Tell your lazy friend there the same thing.”

“What about Fenrir?”

“He’ll be back eventually, assuming he hasn’t screwed up anything already-“

“I think he lit a building on fire.”

“… Was anyone notable there?”

“Not that I know of. No one knew it was even on fire until the entire thing was consumed.” Eirwyn sounded concerned. “Nazara if you can’t control him, he’ll blow our cover before we’re ready.”

“I’m well aware.” She stood, stretching out her senses to try and find the familiar aura.

“Found him?” Eirwyn had always been perceptive of when Nazara was looking for someone.

“He’s heading for the outskirts of the city…” She hurried towards the parking lot and her car. “Trying to stop a fight between him and anybody is a nightmare, where are you? I’ll come get you.”

“At the corner of Younge and Bathurst.” Nazara could tell Eirwyn was hurrying. “I’ll head over there, you’ll see me.”

Nazara hung up quickly as she unlocked her car and quickly texted Zedona.

Host names only.
    Do not give yourself away.

The engine revved to life. Fenrir couldn’t normally move as fast as a car, but when he was looking for fight, it was amazing how quickly that man could find one. The mazda 3 reversed quickly and swivelled around, hurrying out of the parking lot and onto the streets.

~ + ~

Tag Sam, and Becki. And possibly Blade and Matt is you guys wanna jump in.
    Last edited by Crystal Tears; 22nd November 2011 at 03:48 PM.

A serious brain-f*** Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Fenrir
    ~~~~~

He was itching for a fight. His slaughter had been no more than that, a slaughter. They posed no threat, no challenge, and as a result the initial buzz he had received from the act had already vanished. Even the excitement of getting revenge on Tessa – the end of which had come not an hour earlier – was fading fast. He noted, with great disappointment, that his time with her had not been half as enjoyable as his night with Nazara. He was aware of the fluctuations of pleasure that occurred between partners, but he had never experienced one so great before. It troubled him.

Bah! This generation of humans is stagnant and dull. I need a challenge. I need- He smirked to himself, a deep growl rumbling in the base of his throat. I need to find a light scion.

Of course there were problems with this. The goodly counterparts probably wouldn’t be wandering around flashing their auras. Nazara was the one with the knack for sensing them, not him. I expect she won’t take too kindly to me flashing mine either. He sighed at the thought. He hated to hide his aura, it felt cowardly, and he was no coward. He flaunted his aura, let it blaze like a beacon in the minds of his enemies. It was easier that way. That way they came to him. They always came to him. Being tracked could dampen my own plans. He scowled. That would be the most unpleasant of things. He closed his eyes and focused on shutting off his aura. And I didn’t even get to ride my horse into town. For a moment, Fenrir allowed himself the disappointment. He did love to do that.

Hidden, he frowned. What is there to do now? What fun can be had in this city? A devious thought crossed his mind then. What problem could there be if his fun took place outside of the city? And if memory served, there was scion who loved to live on such outskirts. One that he had clashed with many times in the past as a result of his desire to wander into the neighbouring towns and villages in search of women and possessions. Tsanjel.

The prospect of tangling with the scion of darkness once more filled him with cool excitement. But how to get there…He saw it and at once knew two things: it was a thing of beauty, and he had to have it. It was his temperament in four-wheeled form. Sleek and black, the front dipped, headlights like focused eyes. This was the car for him. This would be the first thing he pillaged.

Karik didn’t know a thing about hotwiring a car and he didn’t want to risk damaging such a fine vehicle so Fenrir waited. Twenty minutes passed in torturous slowness. More than once he considered finding another vehicle but that felt too much like admitting defeat. Besides, he wanted that car. And Fenrir always got what he wanted. At last, the driver emerged and as he opened the door to his car, the dark scion was on him. He was a lithe thing. Pathetic and weak. All money and no power; Fenrir’s least favourite type of human. He threw the boy against the wall of the building behind them. “I’m taking this,” he said, simply, and grabbed the keys from his hand. This host better know how to drive. He stuck the key in the ignition and turned. A glorious roar erupted from the beast beneath him and he flexed his hands over the steering wheel, grinning as the sound brought forth the memories of dull lessons. Good thing Karik knew how to pay attention. He pulled the car’s door closed and drove off towards the outskirts.

He drove on instinct, hoping that his gut would lead him to his target. The car groaned at him when he was forced to take it off-road and after a few minutes of listening to it protest, he parked and continued his search on foot. He preferred it this way. He could still remember, at the very start, when mankind was still figuring out how the world worked, how he had hunted with them. It was so long ago it felt more like a dream he might have had as a child but a deeper part of him retained the lessons. Buried somewhere in his subconscious was the art of tracking. And when he came upon a lone set of footprints, he knew exactly how to follow them.

At tall man awaited him at the end of the trail and though Fenrir hadn’t expected to find a man of such height, neither was he intimidated by it. If anything, the sight pleased him, for he knew that no ordinary man could have attained such height. A scion had to be before him.

The man was pointing a spear in Fenrir’s direction. He had been waiting for the fire scion’s arrival, and Fenrir guessed that the wind had betrayed him. It didn’t bother him though; he preferred to face his enemy head on. “Who are you?”

Fenrir spread his arms wide and grinned. “An old opponent.”

The man merely narrowed his eyes. “I have no business with you, whoever you are.”

“Perhaps not. But I have business with you, Tsanjel.” Fenrir grinned as the man twitched at the sound of his true name. He shifted his left foot, steadying his balance in case an attack came. He was wary of his surroundings, open to the battlefield. Daylight was still strong, and the shadows were limited, narrowing the ways the scion could attack him. And he was wary of the river which ran alongside him. It was unlikely that it could be used to render him powerless but it could be inconvenient if he lost sight of its presence. “I didn’t take too kindly to the way you ended our last encounter and I’d like a little revenge.” He could feel his awareness sharpening. The lighter in his back pocket pressed against him, reminding him of the power it could lend should he need it. He wasn’t expecting to. His fists could do enough for now. “So, what say you to getting down to business?”

~~~~~
    TAG Blade
    Also, for anyone who wants to see, the car Fenrir stole is this one.
    WANTED:

One signature.
    Experience preferred although training will be provided.
    Witty slogans only, please.

Imooto-deshi says:
    "BEEEE A ROUGE TOMATO"

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Tellus Shields/Chronos

For someone like Tellus –whom everyday was just the same- the events of this day have definitely shaken him off balance. He was adapted to his everyday routine and on the weekends, he would just do things at his small house and buy food. Tellus saw each day as a routine. The only difference would happen when the memories of the past haunted him to the point where he would take a stroll around the city. This day, however, he took a stroll not to forget, but to remember.

“28.54 sir. Sir…. HEY!” The shop clerk waved his hand in Tellus’s eyes.

“Oh, sorry. How much was it again?” Tellus replied.

“28.54 sir.”

He took his wallet out to hand over the cash. He was buying some stuff he would need for both work and for house duties. His body was on auto motion doing his everyday life, but when his mind took over, he would just space out. He took his bags and began his trip back home. As his body drifted between the streets he has walked for a few years, his mind would transform the path into a memory lane, remembering all the different lives he had lived. All of those lives have been dedicated to analyze and watch the humans from the sidelines. At first, he would live lives dedicated to profession where he would use his skills to protect humans, such as the Knights Templar. But as he found out the intentions of their leaders, saw the corruption of each well intentioned organization, and noticed that, no matter how much he prevented it, he would always stand above his colleagues (which would then lead to attracting both friends and enemies) he would later choose more normal lives, like farmer, blacksmith, shoeshiner, and on modern days, janitor.

All of those lives had something in common: his love life would never progress, because he decided to be like that. He would have a few girls take a romantic interest in him, but he would reject them. His love was for no one else, but for her.

…but every streak has to end someday.

Just, what exactly is going on? The question would pop in Chronos’s mind over and over again as he arrived in his house, watching pictures and scenes take shape and life on he entered. Everything was on its proper place: the bed, the laptop on the table, the small chair he’s sitting… but his mind was recreating scenes, questions, events and in the very end of each one, a beautiful girl would appear which would erase all the other scenes.

Darn it He would curse this day from now on. His normal life has been turned upside down. He knew that from this day on, no other day would be “normal”. Sigh, guess there’s no use in denying the facts. He would just put his mind on pause as he place what he bought in its proper place. He then went to take a bath, and as he took everything out of his pockets, one particular item caught his attention: a small paper with a few numbers in it. His mind was at work again. Here it goes again… were his words as he placed the paper in his wallet, took off his clothes and proceeded to take a bath.

It was a scene Chronos would never forget. There were no worries, no battles, just… freedom, even if it only lasted a few hours. The day was cool, typical of a spring day just after winter ends. The only thing he would hear was the melody of the water as it travelled the river, the light whisper of paper as she moved each page, and the light sound of her heart beating. As the tree's shadow embraced her light blue skin, Eirwyn would rest in Chronos’ chest as her eyes traveled through each word of the book. Chronos would just lay there, his arms covering Eirwyn’s belly and his eyes gazing at the scene. He was determined to appreciate every single detail of this moment and of course, to give every second of this day to her.

The silence subsided when her voice whispered the following words…

"But in the end everyone ends up alone… Losing her, the only one who's ever known who I am, who I'm not and who I wanna be… No way to know how long she will be next to me…"

"Something seems to be worrying you a bit" He noticed the tone of her voice as she whispered those words. There was a slight feeling of something.... fear or sadness.

"...it's nothing" Eirwyn replies.

"You've been quiet while reading the book. But when you whispered this, I couldn't help but notice your feelings through your voice. It's ok if you don't want to share it, though"

"Well..." She tried to speak about something, but before she could say anything, her hand let go of the book and her eyes began to close softly as she gave in to tears.

Chronos did not say a word. He just turned her around and embraced her with a warm hug as her tears fell. He could ask about what was wrong, but sometimes, it is best to just let our feelings out in silence and demonstrate with actions rather than words the support for our loved ones.

"It's OK. No matter what happens, my love will always be for you."

"This would be so much easier if I was one of you." she replied.

He wondered what she could possibly mean with those words. Could she be talking about being a Scion of Light? Maybe so, and considering the rejection of humans towards the Dark Scions, he thought that she said this because she feared to be alone.

He held her face... his finger wiping out a tear out of her face... and told her: "As long as I live, you will never be alone. No matter the events... neither the distance... nor the obstacles, we live under the same sky, and even if we lived in the opposite sides of the world..." He took her hand and placed her on her chest, where the heart is. "These will prevail and we will meet again.”

Her tears gave in again, and he proceeded to embrace her again. Only this time, he could feel her body reflect a different feeling: happiness. He wanted to ask the true meaning of the words, but since she was happy, he felt like there was no need to ask about it.

I can watch the world pass by… my love will still belong to you

………

He woke up with a tear in his eye. His thoughts quickly recalled a familiar song as he wiped his tear and got up from bed: Broken. He had taken a nap, but this time, there was no nightmare.

As usual, he went to check the hour on his cell phone He didn’t notice that he left a name with a number written on the phone before going to sleep. The phone went in energy saving mode, so the screen was dark. He pressed the “send button to view the time when he suddenly noticed the message on the screen…

Calling Karis… time: 0:01”

He planned to hang quickly, but a voice whispered through the small speaker which prevented Tellus from doing this… "Tellus!" It was Karis on the other side of the line.

“Hello? Is that Ka-”

“Hey, can you give me a call back later, in about half an hour? I’m just on my way home.”

“Oh, uh...” He paused for a moment. “Oh, yes, okay. Talk to you later.”

“Bye!”

Tellus was a bit surprised, probably because he didn’t expect to be called by his name so quickly, at least not when he didn’t gave her his phone number.

His stomach gave a loud growl. Oh, looks like I need something… hmm, half an hour he could finally check the time: 7:43pm. Weird… He only slept two hours this time, and he never woke up this hungry.

Whatever… He needed to prepare something to eat, and 30 minutes were enough to do that.

Preparing dinner took quite some time. Before Tellus could even notice, one hour had already passed between his time preparing dinner and eating. He was a bit lost in thoughts due to his last dream…

…beats remembering a nightmare anyway He recalled the events of the previous night as he thought these words. Once he finished the dishes and stored the rest of the food. He went ahead and called Karis again. His mind was at conflict due to the promise he made, but she told him to call later, and he hated to keep people waiting.

She picked up the phone. “Hi Tellus!”

He was surprised yet again… "H-how did you know it was me?"

"You're the only stranger I've given my phone number to today." Karis replied in a voice conveying truth.

"Oh!" Well, that makes sense Tellus was in his own thoughts again. "Well, umm... I just wanted to make sure that it was your phone number" what? why would you say that Tellus? baka baka Baka

"You think I’d give out a fake number?" she quickly demanded, but not in an angry voice.

crap, this looks bad "what? n-no, I didn't mean that" too nervous... too nervous “It’s just... well... I didn't expect to get a phone number, and less from a girl like you” why do I get the feeling that THAT did NOT sound right

"Oh?" She sounds amused. "A girl like me? What is a 'girl like me' like?" Her voice was now reflecting curiosity and interest, or at least, that’s what Tellus perceived.

Tellus, you've just been cornered buddy

"well...." Tellus felt lost for a while, and a dim silence echoes between the phones. "...a girl as pretty as you." The words just slipped off his lips. He had said it in a low tone of voice, but what he carried in his heart at the moment the words slipped gave the word a soothing and emotional meaning. He could've regret what he said a moment later, but the sound of the words already echoed through the phone. All he had left to do was to wait for a response.

"Pretty?" It's like he could hear her smiling down the phone. "Thanks... You've possibly made my day."

And once again... in less than 24 hours, Tellus was left speechless by a girl he recently met. "...N-No problem." Tellus voice seemed to reflect some kind of joy, just as his face was now radiating in a pinkish/reddish color. It was the first time he had a social conversation with someone on phone. Sure, he had other conversations –like the short conversations where his boss would tell him that he needed him to cover for someone else, or the short conversations he had with his fellow light scions– but he was sure that until now, no conversation has ever held such special meaning as those few words he exchanged with Karis… except those with Eirwyn, of course.

Returning from dreamland, he was a bit surprised, and maybe embarrassed for what he was hearing on the phone.

"Karis, um, why do you sound breathless?" He thought that was a good way to explain what he was exactly hearing.

"I've been walking around my house for the past half an hour."

"Umm, may I ask why?"

"I came home from training and haven't had chance to cool down yet. Normally I walk home, but I got a lift."

Oh, so that’s why? Tellus was a bit relieved, until…

"... That's another strange noise."

"I'm stretching."

Stretching? "...and on the phone?"

"Yep!"

"...." It’s not what you think Tellus… it’s not what you think "W-Well, if you want to, I can call you later, so you can work on your exercises..."

“Don’t worry. I just finished”

"Are you done, or did you just stopped because of me? I mean, I don't want to interrupt your routine..."

"No, really, I'm done! How was your day?"

"Let's just say that it has been very different than the others" Considering that I’m using the phone, it certainly has been a different day

"Yeah, I know what you mean..."

"Really? How so?"

"A load of old friends came back to town today, it was weird..."

"Really!? You should be happy then..." Chronos said, thinking of his own "friendly" life

"Aaaand I made some new ones."

"Em.. thanks" Chronos was wondering how many times he blushed in this single day... “BTW, you mentioned ‘training’... do you practice something?”

"Heh, yeah, I ice skate. Not just for fun, for a living."

"....” These words caught Chronos off guard. His mind reacts quickly; and as soon as he heard the word Ice, his thought escaped the phone conversation and into his memories, where he would once again, remember the one who truly knows him.

"Tellus?!" Her words brought him back.

"....Huh? Oh, sorry!"

"Yeah I know… weird occupation."

That’s not weird"I don't think so! I believe that's pretty awesome. I mean, it requires a lot of discipline and a lot of practice. But when you see the efforts pay off.... is like you're...... a Goddess dancing on ice......" Of course, his thoughts were talking about a different girl as he expressed those words.

...She remained silent.

Did I said something wrong? Oh wait, I think I did… But his thoughts were interrupted by yet another sound… but this time, it was a familiar sound.

“That’s odd, I think I hear water”

“Yeah, that’s my shower”

“Umm, you’re taking a bath while talking through the phone? Isn’t that dangerous?” His voice clearly delivered a feeling of worry.

“Don’t worry, I have it on speaker mode”

Now that she mentions it, her voice sounds like she’s a bit away from the phone ".....emm, well, the thing is that it is not weird at all. I think it's pretty awesome that someone knows ice skating."

"Really? Well, I guess so..." For some reason, Tellus noticed that she wasn’t too happy when she replied. "Is something wrong?"

"No no, nothing's wrong, just never had anyone think it's awesome to ice skate"

"Well....." Tellus wants to tell her about his appreciation for ice skating, but he is trying not to talk about Eirwyn. Because of this, he is unable to produce words.

"What do you do? I mean, your job." Karis asked while making her voice louder that the sound of the water.

"Oh, well... I'm a..." Should I tell her? Well, I guess that could make her lose interest in me… so in a way, that’s good

It was a cruel thought, but Chronos promised her that he would not fall for anyone else… "A janitor"

It was awkward for him to talk about himself when he was used to leave everything inside his head. "Sorry, is just that I usually don't talk much about it"

"Really?! Why not? Anything's better than being a jobless bum at the end of the day.” They both laughed at the statement. If it’s a friend, I guess it’s ok…

"Well, I guess you're right.....” Tellus then began to meditate as his words echoed through the speaker. “The thing is that many people don't understand the wonderful joys of under-appreciated jobs. They dream so much of big goals, that they sacrifice those little joys. Sorry for going in a bit of a rambling, but I really think that those small jobs and hobbies make a great difference that only the good people appreciate. So you should be proud of being and Ice Skater, because... even if not much people appreciate it, you have an awesome hobby"

"Heh... I like that you think of it that way. I wish it was a hobby though, I'm competing soon..."

Oh, yeah, she said she does that as a living dummy he sure enjoyed 'praising' himself.

"R-really!? W-wow..... Then that’s another reason to smile. You're about to show everyone how wonderful is to dance on the ice." Despite his issues with himself, he sure did his best to make people feel better, and with Karis is no exception.

"You should come watch!" He wasn’t sure if it was the question itself, or that he didn’t hear the sound of the water anymore, but if this was a fight, with this phrase, it was like she punched him in one of the ears, causing him to lose balance.

"Ah..... Are you sure? I mean... we've talk just one day..." He was left vulnerable
    state.

"Yeah but... Do you ever get the feeling that you've known someone forever when you really haven't?"

If the previous statement left him unbalanced, this one was the finishing blow. He was left wondering how another woman could know his weaknesses. "Ah...... wow.... how come you keep guessing what I'm thinking?"

"Then maybe we're meant to be friends."

Friends… she wanted me to make friends, but this… she just reminds me of you Eirwyn

"Hehe... then I guess that means I have to be there." His thoughts didn’t make too much sense, but he didn’t care either. This was the first time in centuries that someone could find a way to both his feelings and thoughts. And just like a master controls its puppet, his strings were at the mercy of this unknown yet familiar girl.

"Good" Karis was sleepy, or at least, the yawn she made after saying this made Tellus think that.

"By the way, when's the competition?"

"In a few weeks time, qualifying for the Nationals."

"OK then. It's settled. Well, I think you should sleep. Wouldn't want to snooze on someone else's shoulder..." He laughed for a bit, this being followed by her laugh.

"I don't normally do that! Promise!"

"Hmm? No need to promise me. I said it because I wouldn't want your sleep to be ruined because of me." Funny considering that your own sleeping habits aren’t that good dummy

"It won't be. In fact, I think it's good that you're the first and last person I've spoken to today."

"Hehehe.... I guess I can say the same here." Oh wait, here comes my red face again "Well, take care Karis. I hope you get a good night sleep".

"Thanks, you too. Maybe I'll bump into you again soon!"

"Well, who knows? But if my days were like this day..." He went into dreamland and forgot that Karis was still on the phone. "Ah don't mind me... good night."

*chuckles* "Night, Tellus." She heard it… He muttered as he finally hung up the phone.

Tellus was undoubtedly shaken by Karis. He could not comprehend the chances of someone being so similar to the one he loves. His gaze was fixed on the roof of his house while he lay on his bed. In fact, he was shaken by this whole day. His mind was tired from the struggle between his promise to never fall for someone else and the “confusion” Karis was creating in his mind. It was early, but his eyes closed and his mouth drew a faint smile as his body went into sleep.

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Since Asilynne is going to be afk for a week, I might as well post this now:

Drake/Graxdon

~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting in the small office of his boss, Drake/Graxdon was talking on the phone to one Aeryn McFallon. Apparently, she had called because of a last minute inconvenience that she did not want to talk about that Drake assumed was personal. "...I understand. ...Really, I do. It's our general policy to reschedule your appointment if you have any last-minute inconveniences at the moment in your life. ...Next week or so? That works for me. See you then? ...Okay, talk to you then Miss."

He hung up the phone and sighed. Drake/Graxdon was looking forward to seeing her, because of all the candidates he looked over, she was the best one suited for the job, according to her résumé. Still, after talking to her, even from the phone, he could feel an energy towards her that was similar yet opposite to the wheelchaired individual he passed by earlier on his way to work.

Drake/Graxdon assumed she might be a Scion judging by her energy, but couldn't differentiate between Light and Dark for many various reasons. Apparently, in order for any Light Scion to fully recognize another Scion and for their power to reach it's fullest, Drake/Graxdon theorized, a Scion, either Light or Dark, had to contact them by their true name, and not the other way around.

Drake/Graxdon sighed yet again because of this predicament and decided to just deliver the documents he was assigned to get by Victoria while she was busy making coffee and various pastries from the kitchen. This was yet another reason why they needed a third employee. The two alternated each day between "kitchen duty" and "business affairs", and today was Drake's/Graxdon's day for "business affairs". They desperately needed a third person who could fill in for both, in case of too many orders.

Luckily, after delivering the documents to Victoria, Drake/Graxdon looked out in the dining area to see that there was only one customer in the café. Usually, they were quite busy once they opened, but today must've been slow.

Drake approached the corner where the customer sat and got that same feeling from earlier growing stronger as he got closer before he saw the wheelchaired individual he passed on the street just earlier.

Drake/Graxdon spoke. "Hey, you're that guy I passed by earlier this morning aren't you? Come to think of it, didn't you come here a couple times before in the past... what's your name, again... Xavier, isn't it?"

The sickly young man stared up at Drake/Graxdon with a face that conveyed many emotions, mainly confusion, anger, curiosity, hatred, and wonderment. "You... recognize... me?" Xavier spoke slowly, putting extra emphasis on the last word.

"I'm supposed to, aren't I?" Drake/Graxdon responded. "Or have you forgotten that it's the policy of Bordelines for the employees, or employee, in my case, to interact with the customers as much as possible to create a very friendly and casual atmosphere? I'm pretty sure you aren't that sick in the head, Mr. Finch, that you've somehow developed amnesia."

Xavier stared up at the Light Scion of Water with more anger and hatred than before. "Are you seriously... mocking my condition?" Drake/Graxdon put his hands up in defense immediately. "It was a joke, Xavier. A bad joke, I admit, but it was supposed to be funny." Xavier grunted, "It wasn't funny in the slightest. Still, at least you admit your faults."

Drake/Graxdon let out a light laugh. "Of course, I do, after all nobody is perfect. So, what can I get you?" Xavier thought a brief moment. " Small Coffee. Black. ...And maybe some of those cinnamon sticks." Drake/Graxdon nodded. "For here or for to go?" Xavier considered for a moment. "You know... I much as don't want to... I think I'll take them to go."

"As much as you don't want to? I won't question that part and be right back then." Drake/Graxdon said to him. After delivering the order to Victoria in the kitchen, he came back in a few short minutes towards the sickly young man carrying a small carry-out beverage container and a paper bag.

After paying Drake/Graxdon, with a small tip, Xavier asked him just before he was about to leave, "Why am I being so... casual towards you? How are you even doing this to me? You don't normally make a Dark Scion not conflict you this easily, Graxdon."

A force of energy then surged through the Light Scion of Water. For the first time in any of his incarnations, he had regained his full power without going into battle first. Recognizing the young sickly man for who he truly was now, he said, "What can I say, Zedona? Perhaps it's this place that has power? After all, the motto of Borderlines is 'The walls come down, in one way or another'. I've seen many business rivals come to this place arguing over various deals and promises only for them to exit becoming partners. Former criminals and police come here with no grudges against the another the moment they recognize each other in this place. I've even seen romances blossom here that writers for television, movies, and books could never dream of thinking given the ludicrous situation the couple fell in love."

"So... I merely destroy this place now... and it won't have this temporary truce over us any longer, I suppose?" the Dark Scion of Poison asked.

"Supposedly. If you can destroy it that is." Drake/Graxdon responded. "I don't know how and I don't know why, but no one can come into any kind of unfriendly conflict if even their toe is on the patio of this place. What I'm trying to say, Zedona, is if we were Highlanders, then this somehow would be our holy ground."

Xavier/Zedona scoffed, "I see... modern culture has affected you, as well?"

"Same goes for you, I suppose?" the Light Scion of Water asked. "I suppose so." the Dark Scion of Poison responded. "However, know this Graxdon: next time we meet, it will be no where near here and I will unleash every single amount of my hatred and anger upon you and any of the Light Scions that follow. Clear?"

"Crystal." Drake/Graxdon respoded. Xavier/Zedona exited Borderlines and paused to intensely look at the café in full view before he wheeled off to meet with the other Dark Scions.
    Last edited by DivineAll; 16th January 2012 at 07:09 PM.

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

- + Nazara + -

“Liar liar…”

Nazara watched from her hiding place as Moshinas stood up, eyes narrowing as he scanned the cathedral interior for the one speaking. He found no one in his sight, and instead began to walk, eyes seemingly scanning every nook and cranny for the light-bearer. Nazara smirked, happy now that the priest had left back to his room. Far from the main chamber, he wouldn’t be able to hear a thing that was going on.

“Nazara…” Moshinas spat, obviously unhappy. “Where are you hiding this time?”

In a flash, the woman appeared mere feet from him. A smile on her face, taunting him. “It seems your inner nature won out, you killed that man, didn’t you?”

Moshinas snorted, but his eyes flicked to the floor in reflection.

“For a man playing indifference, it seems your temper gets the better of you.”

“You would know, wouldn’t you?”

She didn’t let that phase her. “At least I’m not lying to myself… are you here for your sword?”

His glare returned to her. “Yes.”

Nazara took a step closer. “You’re not the tad bit curious of what I’m going to say?”

“I know what you’re going to say.” He countered, straightening up a bit. “You want revenge of the light scions, you want another war.”

Another step closer, her smile turned into a challenging smirk. “I’ll make you deal, then Moshinas. How’s that?”

He eyed her suspiciously. “A deal?”

She nodded. “If you can land a single physical hit on me, I won’t bother you anymore. If you fail however, you have to stick around… and listen to what I really have to say.”

“How long do I have?”

She shrugged. “Two minutes.”

Moshinas charged, and perhaps it was a little predictable, but many fights started that way. Nazara smiled, and just before his fist connected with her she vanished, reappearing directly behind him and kicking him hard in the back. Her opponent stumbled forward; turned to face her she could already see the electricity beginning to course through them. She waved, and he came at her again, growing more and more frustrated as time passed. Admittedly, there were a good couple of strikes that came damn near close to hitting her, and had they of hit they would’ve done some damage.

Breaking the intense melee; she teleported two meters away.

“Come now Moshinas, you really can’t hit me even once?”

The air itself began to react to his mounting frustration, static danced around the electric scion and Nazara narrowed her eyes. There was less than twenty seconds left, time to enact her plan. She just watched as the man began to charge. Fist crackling with electrical energy, a part of Nazara wanted to move, to dodge the incoming blow.

But there was no need.

A blur body-checked Moshinas to the left; sending him flying off course. Nazara watched, her smirk changing to a confident smile as she began to step towards the two men now locked in combat. Fenrir took each and every blow like they were nothing, even going so far as to say the electric punches tickled. When Fenrir more or less had Moshinas pinned, the light scion looked at her watch.

“Times up.” Nazara’s cool gaze met Moshinas’s. “You lose.”

“You cheated-“

“No, the deal was you had to land a physical hit on me. I never said anything about help… but see Moshinas,” she touched his cheek gently. “You don’t have anyone to help you; you chose a solitary existence…”

He had nothing to say on the matter.

Her smile turned kind. “I’m not doing this to embarrass or hurt you, please understand that… but a deals a deal, you have to stick around and listen.” She stood up, and looked at Fenrir. “Let him go.”

Fenrir released the still struggling scion, which shot a glare back at the firebug.

“Where’s my sword?”

“Eirwyn has it.” Nazara replied. “She should arrive shortly.”

“Nazara…”

She turned to see Zedona rolling towards them, a worried look on his face. Nazara didn’t particularly like that expression that usually implied something had gone wrong.

“What’s wrong?” She questioned.

“We have a problem.”

Fenrir growled. “What did you do?”

She scowled at Fenrir. “I’m sure it’s not that bad,” she smiled back at Zedona. “What happened?”

- + Tag: Ben, Matt, Becki, Sam + -