Thread: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Threaded View

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Since Asilynne is going to be afk for a week, I might as well post this now:

Drake/Graxdon

~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting in the small office of his boss, Drake/Graxdon was talking on the phone to one Aeryn McFallon. Apparently, she had called because of a last minute inconvenience that she did not want to talk about that Drake assumed was personal. "...I understand. ...Really, I do. It's our general policy to reschedule your appointment if you have any last-minute inconveniences at the moment in your life. ...Next week or so? That works for me. See you then? ...Okay, talk to you then Miss."

He hung up the phone and sighed. Drake/Graxdon was looking forward to seeing her, because of all the candidates he looked over, she was the best one suited for the job, according to her résumé. Still, after talking to her, even from the phone, he could feel an energy towards her that was similar yet opposite to the wheelchaired individual he passed by earlier on his way to work.

Drake/Graxdon assumed she might be a Scion judging by her energy, but couldn't differentiate between Light and Dark for many various reasons. Apparently, in order for any Light Scion to fully recognize another Scion and for their power to reach it's fullest, Drake/Graxdon theorized, a Scion, either Light or Dark, had to contact them by their true name, and not the other way around.

Drake/Graxdon sighed yet again because of this predicament and decided to just deliver the documents he was assigned to get by Victoria while she was busy making coffee and various pastries from the kitchen. This was yet another reason why they needed a third employee. The two alternated each day between "kitchen duty" and "business affairs", and today was Drake's/Graxdon's day for "business affairs". They desperately needed a third person who could fill in for both, in case of too many orders.

Luckily, after delivering the documents to Victoria, Drake/Graxdon looked out in the dining area to see that there was only one customer in the café. Usually, they were quite busy once they opened, but today must've been slow.

Drake approached the corner where the customer sat and got that same feeling from earlier growing stronger as he got closer before he saw the wheelchaired individual he passed on the street just earlier.

Drake/Graxdon spoke. "Hey, you're that guy I passed by earlier this morning aren't you? Come to think of it, didn't you come here a couple times before in the past... what's your name, again... Xavier, isn't it?"

The sickly young man stared up at Drake/Graxdon with a face that conveyed many emotions, mainly confusion, anger, curiosity, hatred, and wonderment. "You... recognize... me?" Xavier spoke slowly, putting extra emphasis on the last word.

"I'm supposed to, aren't I?" Drake/Graxdon responded. "Or have you forgotten that it's the policy of Bordelines for the employees, or employee, in my case, to interact with the customers as much as possible to create a very friendly and casual atmosphere? I'm pretty sure you aren't that sick in the head, Mr. Finch, that you've somehow developed amnesia."

Xavier stared up at the Light Scion of Water with more anger and hatred than before. "Are you seriously... mocking my condition?" Drake/Graxdon put his hands up in defense immediately. "It was a joke, Xavier. A bad joke, I admit, but it was supposed to be funny." Xavier grunted, "It wasn't funny in the slightest. Still, at least you admit your faults."

Drake/Graxdon let out a light laugh. "Of course, I do, after all nobody is perfect. So, what can I get you?" Xavier thought a brief moment. " Small Coffee. Black. ...And maybe some of those cinnamon sticks." Drake/Graxdon nodded. "For here or for to go?" Xavier considered for a moment. "You know... I much as don't want to... I think I'll take them to go."

"As much as you don't want to? I won't question that part and be right back then." Drake/Graxdon said to him. After delivering the order to Victoria in the kitchen, he came back in a few short minutes towards the sickly young man carrying a small carry-out beverage container and a paper bag.

After paying Drake/Graxdon, with a small tip, Xavier asked him just before he was about to leave, "Why am I being so... casual towards you? How are you even doing this to me? You don't normally make a Dark Scion not conflict you this easily, Graxdon."

A force of energy then surged through the Light Scion of Water. For the first time in any of his incarnations, he had regained his full power without going into battle first. Recognizing the young sickly man for who he truly was now, he said, "What can I say, Zedona? Perhaps it's this place that has power? After all, the motto of Borderlines is 'The walls come down, in one way or another'. I've seen many business rivals come to this place arguing over various deals and promises only for them to exit becoming partners. Former criminals and police come here with no grudges against the another the moment they recognize each other in this place. I've even seen romances blossom here that writers for television, movies, and books could never dream of thinking given the ludicrous situation the couple fell in love."

"So... I merely destroy this place now... and it won't have this temporary truce over us any longer, I suppose?" the Dark Scion of Poison asked.

"Supposedly. If you can destroy it that is." Drake/Graxdon responded. "I don't know how and I don't know why, but no one can come into any kind of unfriendly conflict if even their toe is on the patio of this place. What I'm trying to say, Zedona, is if we were Highlanders, then this somehow would be our holy ground."

Xavier/Zedona scoffed, "I see... modern culture has affected you, as well?"

"Same goes for you, I suppose?" the Light Scion of Water asked. "I suppose so." the Dark Scion of Poison responded. "However, know this Graxdon: next time we meet, it will be no where near here and I will unleash every single amount of my hatred and anger upon you and any of the Light Scions that follow. Clear?"

"Crystal." Drake/Graxdon respoded. Xavier/Zedona exited Borderlines and paused to intensely look at the café in full view before he wheeled off to meet with the other Dark Scions.
    Last edited by DivineAll; 16th January 2012 at 07:09 PM.