Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf View Post
Well, Tyler is an arrogant idiot, that's for sure. I expected that he also used a starter, but the stealing of it is not shown (or if it did happened, then it hasn't been said yet). In any case, I think Hiro might need a water pokemon to deal with Magmar and Golem, since those two are an annoyance to his dear bug pokemon and to his Cyndaquil too (I believe Golem is a Rock/Ground type, so is he can't get a water pokemon, then a ground pokemon will be a nice addition to his team. Overall, nice job describing Tyler.
Thanks mate. Looking back, he's kind of a cliche, at least at this stage. But when I was a teenager I did know people pretty similar to him in terms of being obnoxious douches. So maybe cliches ring true.

The rivalry between them reminds me of the many movies where this has been portrayed (Dodgeball, Grandma's Boy, Just Go With It...). It doesn't matter is it happens in series, movies, games, animes... rivalries are a nice addition; and when their backgrounds are portrayed, it becomes an essential part of the story. Watch out Lisa... a rival-in-the-making might appear soon (for some reason, I thought of Eusine... but who knows. )
Interesting comment. I do agree about rivalries, they can really enrich a story's plot and also bring out a lot of background and information about both the rival and the main character themselves! I won't spoil anything for you - read on.

Finally, the last scene was very funny because at first, it seems like a meditating thought, but it suddenly turned to be a funny scene. So nice twist there! You had me laughing for a minute with that one.

Thanks for reading, Louis. I'm glad you're enjoying those early chapters - I think you will like chapter 5!

Chapter 73 up tonight or tomorrow hopefully. I'm gonna do one more edit (don't want another "timid"/"timidly" situation arising again) before I put it up. So many precious secrets are about to be unfurled in this chapter.

Cheers!