I can see why you weren't looking forward to this chapter, Gavin; it can't be fun to have to show your hand after 56 chapters of keeping your readers in awe and puzzlement. But, if there wasn't some deeper mystery beneath all the shadows you cast, there would have been no reason for us to continue reading. I think you did a pretty good job in handling the beginning of the revelations.

I really liked how you utilized the setting here. From the Union's meeting in the cave to the mysterious chamber and back again, your use of the setting as a backdrop for the action was marvelous. The descriptions in general, actually, were great; I could really imagine the incensed Union agents grabbing at Lisa's feet, and the journey through the darkness was also portrayed exceptionally well. I actually thought that Lisa's decision to save Veronica was done as well as could have been expected. It's couldn't have been easy to show all the things that must have been going through Lisa's head at that moment and still accurately show the franticness of the moment, so I thought it was done well.

Like some other people mentioned, though, I thought the tension waned a bit while Lisa and Veronica tore out of the Sepulchre. It was pretty obvious that Lisa would at least escape alive; otherwise, it would be a very sharp and anticlimactic end to the fic. Also, I was rather surprised to find several more issues - including a few grammatical concerns - than I usually do with your work. (I suppose it's to be expected with such a large chapter, but it surprised me nonetheless.) They were, for the most part, assorted and trendless problems, but one thing I didn't expect was the sudden use of a large amount of ellipses. (An ellipsis, if you didn't know, is a series of three periods used to show a pause: "...") It was an unexpected intrusion into your typically clean writing. Other than that, there were only occasional concerns like questionable word orderings, switched homonyms (its and it's), plural/singular word problems, etc. None of those were consistent problems, though, so they thankfully didn't hurt this chapter too much.

Overall, I liked this installment. Even though it wasn't as intense as some of your other chapters, and even though many things had to be revealed, you did a good job of managing them. Your use of the setting and scenario was superb, and the realization at the end of the chapter was quite fitting. Good job. I'll see you next chapter!