Huh. So the duo's finally splitting up, huh? It is hard to be believe, after all this time. The odds are definitely against Gavin in his mission, but something tells me that Lisa's path isn't going to be any easier. Odd to see this much emotion from our two leads; you're right that they usually put on a brave face. Very unique chapter, to be sure.

I really liked the descriptions in this chapter. You did a good job of conveying the paralysis, pain and confusion of a panic attack, I thought. And Gavin's physical description was also top-notch. Even though referencing a skeleton is a little cliche for being malnourished, it worked quite well. And I was glad you tied in the spider scene from the last chapter, as that was a useful reminder of where we were in the plot.

To be perfectly honest, though, this chapter seemed a little off-kilter. I think it was the amount of characters who were, as the saying goes, "out of character." Or rather, the fact that they were out of character without a clear reason. Lisa seemed to be well enough in previous chapters, at least emotionally, then suddenly she broke down and has an outright panic attack. Doctor Rogers' change of heart also seemed very unusual; it wasn't just the fact that she cared for Lisa after the attack, but the manner in which she did it (like the friendly wink). Considering that we haven't seen Gavin since he entered the hospital, his changes didn't seem quite so awkward. But the other two...

It was still a good chapter; between the touching moments, the solid descriptions, and the plot twist at the end, it was certainly very eventful and exciting. But I do wish that we had been given some prior context for some of the character changes we encountered this time. Maybe it's just me, but that seemed to be rather unlike your normal work. Hmm.

Anyway, I'll see you for chapter 62, Gavin!