Master Kirby: Hi! Great to see you back!

Yep, Lunanine was actually protecting Lisa and Gavin against the Union. It clicked for Lisa when she realised that Lunanine should not have been taken down so easily, then she saw the wound he had obtained from the Union's attack on him. It clicked then that he had been there, glaring at the Union agents around them, waiting for them to make a move so he could protect Lisa and Gavin.

It took me about six months to work out how that was actually going to unfold - the long wait for this chapter was really because I couldn't work out exactly how to start it off. After I did, the rest flowed naturally!

Oh, and Gavin's psychic powers ARE back ... but he has yet to use them properly ... interesting, no?

Lisa didn't try to catch Lunanine because she honestly didn't even think of it; by the time he had been taken down, she was realising that they were surrounded by the Union. I doubt she would have tried it anyway, I wouldn't expect Lunanine, even unconscious, to be caught with one throw of a pokéball. And another thing, even if she had thought of capturing Lunanine for whatever reason, she physically couldn't have: at the start of the contest they were specifically allowed to take only three pokéballs with them. So even if she wanted to, Lisa didn't have a pokéball to catch Lunanine with. I'll keep quiet on Lunanine for now, I wouldn't want to ruin anything for you.

Oh, good foresight too: with Professor Oak with them in the cave, they will finally be able to ask him where he had disappeared to. Stay tuned for Chapter 54 for all that.

OH, and - FINALLY! Someone mentioned the dream Lisa had in Chapter 51! I won't divulge anything except that yes, it was highly symbolic and highly significant to everything that is happening now! Chapter 51 contains a goldmine of hints if you know how to read them!!

Anyhow, thanks for the reply! It's back to Chapter 54 for me, which is coming along very nicely!

Cheers!

EDIT: 2000th post! YAY! :biggrin: