Wow.

So. That has to be the best thing I've read in a while. I agree with mr_pika, the thought processes were awesome, without overdoing the melodrama. You've really allowed us to empathise with Lisa. And although the chapter was really long, it fit to gether nicely, and felt structured and not all over the place. A very long explanation at last, and it's good to see where this fic is going. yep, still want to know how Gavin fits into all this, but I can wait. I must say, teh first bit with Lance summing up what happened to Lisa and co. I felt went for a bit long. It was good in terms of it being a fic posted on a forum, because it's like a review of what's happened, bringing people up to date. But from a normal point of view, if people were reading this continuously, they'd likely just skip over the summary, although the intertwined bits such as the other members' reactions were good. And I have a bad feeling about the Guard actually; it seems that rather than just finding one key, they want to find them all, which would be concentrating too much popwer in one place. It would be very tempting for someone in the Guard to switch sides. I don't think the original three willl, since they were entrusted as guardians and they alone (besides the new guardians now) understnad the full enormity of this. But maybe someone else. The random fourth guy on the excavation, maybe? He was just there for no reason, so I'm taking a stab as to his real purpose.

Definitely worth the wait. If you're going to write chapters like that, bring on another ten months.