Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Threaded View

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 59 up!

Hey everyone!

Master Kirby: Hi again. Thanks for the reply; I'm glad you thought this chapter fitted into the scheme of things, I certainly hoped it would be viewed as such. Thanks very, very much for your continued readership - hearing that people have enjoyed the chapters makes it very rewarding to still be writing LTL after so long. I'll keep churning out the best chapters I can so that, hopefully, we'll all still be under 50 by the time I finish Book III. Oh, and one more thing, I sometimes wonder if you might possess some kind of psychic ability ...

Sike Saner: ^^ G'day! Thanks for reading - I'm impressed that it only took you sixteen hours (Only?!) to read the whole fic, I know it would take me much longer than that to wade through all those chapters! I'm glad you like this, especially that you like the deeper twists the plot has taken as well as it's light moments - thanks for the comments on Lunanine and Issechu, too. There's going to be at least one new original pokémon coming up in Book III, hopefully you like that one as well! Hope to see you next chapter!

Everyone: Well, I'm pretty stoked at the moment. The results for the 2007 Silver Pencil Awards were just announced and Lisa the Legend took home an astounding EIGHT awards, thus earning me the Awards Award as well! The awards LTL won were:

- Best Fiction Overall
    - Best Action
    - Best Plot
    - Most Suspenseful Moment (The Beginning of the War)
    - Most Emotional Moment (Ryan and Maria revealing the Truth)
    - Best Chapter (Chapter 58 – Behind the Glass)
    - Best Character in a Leading Role (Lisa Walters)
    - Best Villain (Joseph Sterling)

Thanks muchly to everyone who nominated and/or voted for me and LTL in the awards! I'm very grateful.

Now for a progress update: The next chapter is coming along well! I've pretty much finished it, it just needs a few things altered and a couple of problems ironed out before it's ready to post. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

On a side note, I remember someone asking a while back who was on Gavin's team now, as there have been a few changes in the past. Seeing as smilies are enabled now that we're back on the vB (though only 10 per post), I thought I'd list which pokémon are known to be on the main characters' teams as of the end of Book II to make it clear - so here goes:

Lisa Walters:
    Aipom, male
    Vulpix, female
    Electabuzz, male
    Dratini, male
    Fiskmire, male [original]

Gavin Luper:
    Natu, male
    Skarmory, male
    Seel, male
    Girafury, male [original]
    Staryu [Temporarily stored with Walters family.]
    Lanturn, male, green [Temporarily stored with Walters family.]
    Ditto [Temporarily given to Wesley Walters.]

Marina Frost:
    Golduck, male
    Tentacraw, male [original]
    Mudkip, male
    Starmie
    Kingler, male
    Bayleef, "Herby", female

Darius Hudson:
    Dragonair, male
    Stantler, male

Wesley Walters:
    Omanyte
    Ditto [Temporarily given to him from Gavin.]

Jean Walters:
    Bulbasaur, male

I could go on ... but it would take too long; those characters should do for the time being. I hope that clears things up!

I also have a contents page that I'm still working on: titles have never been my strong point, so it might take some time before I settle on a title for each of the three books of LTL.

*phew* That was a long post ... Anyway, Chapter 60 coming soon!

Cheers!

- Gavin.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 21st January 2007 at 04:00 AM.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.