Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Long time, no reply. Sorry everyone! Chapter 23 will be posted in a minute!

Ryan: Yeah, it's nice to see some action-packed chapters for a while. I love it when we get to the chapters after the whirlpool cup, they are so much more interesting (less pokemon realated, which is a good thing as I lost interest in Pokemon a LONG time ago). Anyhow, I feel like killing Entei but I just can't. I have my reasons, I'm sure you'll understand.

Ah, Lisa and Gavin will get their revenge. I think. If not ... then ... erm ...

Karania: Hi! New reader? If so, welcome to Lisa the Legend! That chapter ending wasn't a cliffhanger, but it stil makes you really want to read more. Hmmm ...

100FangCroconaw: Hi! Yeah, more coming soon, and thanks for reading my fics for so long!

Kirby: Yes, this is exactly what I meant. The next couple of chapters will be a bit of a break from all this, but then it will all return in full force. Entei is eeeevil indeed. But is he the overall evil in the story? Or are their two? Or three?

Gavin is getting a wee bit better at harnessing his powers but not at strengthening them. Entei was lucky. It wasn't knocked out even, just dazed. He quickly teleported away after stirring. I liked the ending too.

gamewizard007: Thanks! Anna's death was a bit uncalled for but I suppose that's how things happen sometimes in the real world, no? Lol you're thinking ahead a lot. But Gavin's psychic might have something to do with it!

Chapter 23 up now! Cheers!

---------------------------------------

Chapter 23 - Repercussions.

Lisa sat up very cautiously. She appeared to be in some kind of hospital ward; her bed was only crisp white bedsheets on a white mattress. Beeps sounded behind her, from some complicated looking equipment on the wall that was not connected to her. Her head was propped up on a mountain of pillows, and for a second she thought she was back in the Goldenrod Hospital after the Radio Tower Collapse. But when the door swung open, it wasn’t Doctor Roberts who walked through.

“ Doctor Parker,” a tall, red-haired woman in pale blue clothes greeted Lisa, striding over to her bed and checking small readout screens from the electronic equipment behind Lisa. Lisa turned her head slightly to see Gavin on the bed beside her, all the equipment linked to him. It seemed he had rebroken his arm.

“ What’s happened?” Lisa murmured, partly to herself and partly to Doctor Parker.

“ You and your friend were found a yesterday morning. There seemed to have been a fire …” Parker replied, finishing her checks and facing Lisa, who was feeling very befuddled. “ Well, you and your many friends. Yourself, your boy-friend. NOT boyfriend, I just mean your friend who is a boy,” she added, seeing Lisa’s annoyed facade. “ Then there was a whole collection of fainted pokemon, as well as the missing Professor Oak. Some charred bones were found near the tree …”

Images flashed through Lisa’s mind. The night sky, a broken down buggy … all three legendary dogs … the burning tree … Gavin, Gavin’s psychic beam …

“ Anna …” Lisa whispered sadly, looking down at her sheets and smoothing wrinkles out of them pointlessly. She felt like a hole had been ripped through her heart and left a gaping abyss of nothingness at the thought of her dead friend. She could feel tears burning just behind her eyes, but they would not surface. Lisa choked down a burning lump in her throat, and cleared her thoughts for a moment.

“ Doctor, were there legendary pokemon there?”

Parker shook her head. “ There were very large footprints there, in the wet mud near some grass, but no sign of any pokemon to have made them.”

“ What happened to Professor Oak?” Lisa asked anxiously, feeling as though her mind was far too full, and the burning lump in her throat had risen again. She was almost expecting Parker to say he had died, but her spirits were risen slightly by what the Doctor replied.

“ He is alive, only just,” Parker said in a very miserable voice. “ He is in intensive care.”

She began checking Gavin, who had a large cut across his cheek, and hair completely messed up, but apart from that and his right arm, Lisa couldn’t see any harm done to him. She also couldn’t for the life of her recall him obtaining the cut.

“ You really need to rest now.” Doctor Parker said firmly, now moving on to checking Gavin’s electronic equipment, and musing over his broken arm.

“ Are we alright? Is Gavin …” Lisa questioned rapidly, ignoring the doctor’s orders.

Parker sighed. “ You should both be fine. You’re very shocked, you’ve both been through an ordeal, I believe, the Police explained that you witnessed a very serious battle in which humans were involved and somebody was killed. I’m sure you can elaborate on that story when the police arrive for questioning tomorrow.”

“ Oh, OK.” Lisa muttered, sighing.

“ Go back to sleep now.” Parker said, now in a more stern voice. “ I’ll wake you up for dinner.”

“ What day is it?” Lisa asked, determined to keep awake and find out as much as she could.

Parker clicked her tongue impatiently. “ Sunday. Now go back to sleep.”

But Lisa still had one more question to ask before she closed her eyes and obediently drifted back off to sleep again. She simply had to get all the facts, or as many as she could from Doctor Parker, before she could relax.

“ Where are we?”

Doctor Parker strode across to Lisa’s bed, pulled her sheets up higher, fluffed up her pillow pile, and then flicked a switch on the wall, and all the lights were turned off. Then, standing by the door, ready to close it to blot out all the panicked noise from outside, she called in a softer voice to Lisa.

“ Lakey Heights Public Hospital,” she answered, and Lisa felt her stomach squirm. “ In Ecruteak.”

“ Really, I’m alright!” Lisa insisted, pushing Tom away from her bed. “ You don’t need to tell Mum and Dad!”

It was Monday, and Tom had arrived at the Hospital to visit Lisa and Gavin, along with Wes and Jean, who were as bratty as ever, and his girlfriend Miki. He said he heard about the Entei incident on the TV News, and had to make heaps of phone calls to find out which hospital they were in. Lisa and Gavin had been sorrowful in their stay in the hospital since the event. After the police questioning by Officer James and Jenny on Sunday, they realised how much Anna’s death had impacted upon them. Although their friendship with her had been limited, it was devastating to know somebody they knew had been killed so tragically and meaninglessly. Her funeral had been earlier that morning, and Lisa and Gavin had attended, Lisa sobbing despite her inner strength and Gavin looking very grave, wishing he could have prevented the disaster. It turned out Anna only had a father, and no other family still alive. Apparently they had all passed away in an accident a few years ago. Lisa had burst into tears when Anna’s coffin was buried, with only her bones and some ashes and dirt from the ground around the fateful tree. Saying it was a bad day was a tragic understatement.

But now Lisa and Gavin were trying to move on, to forget the tragedy. But the events and discussion amongst the legendaries still nagged at them.

Lisa’s brother Tom seemed petrified about the incident, and was threatening to tell the Walters; Lisa was thankful that Miki was there too. Miki had shoulder-length black hair, which was usually tied up in a neat bun for her dance classes, but today was in a ponytail with a round pokeball-clip holding it. She had large, water-like black eyes. Tom had been seeing her for over two years – since he was sixteen; he was now almost nineteen.

Anyhow, Miki calmed Tom down and he quickly sat down on the chair. Lisa felt warm gratitude to Miki; Lisa really liked her Brother’s girlfriend and they usually got along quite well.

Lisa had proceeded to retell the entire story, including everything occurring after Tom rang her back at the Moo Moo Farm, and had to put up with Tom questioning every other detail, and Gavin interrupting to correct her slightest mistakes. In the end, the whole story came out, and Lisa flopped down onto her hospital bed, exhausted. On an empty bed across the ward, she saw Wes and jean bouncing rapidly, and grinned.

“ So Gavin – you used a Psychic power again?” Tom asked Gavin, who had managed to hobble from his bed to the spare bed beside Lisa’s in the ward. He was currently lazing on the thin mattress, attempting to eat plump purple grapes with his toes. The events of the past few days seemed now to breeze over his head.

“ Yep,” Gavin replied, quite calmly compared to the time Lisa had asked him about the Psychic incident at the Radio Tower. He dropped a grape from his grubby toes, missing his mouth by twenty inches and dropping the grape onto the vinyl floor. “ I dunno what happened – it seemed like the obvious thing to do.”

Tom nodded thoughtfully, while Miki moved onto the armrest of Tom’s chair, and began conversing with Lisa. The normalcy did Lisa good.

“ How’ve you been, Lisa?” she asked, speaking to her for the first time since she and Tom of them burst into the ward and yelled out to her. “ I mean, last time I saw you was back in October; how’s Aipom?”

“ He’s … alright,” Lisa hesitated. “ He’s strong and everything, but he’s getting a bit fickle here and there.”

“ Luni does that sometimes,” Miki replied, as Tom pulled her down from the armrest and she plopped into his lap, hugging her while still talking fluently to Gavin (about Psychic powers, and about a seer who was said to live on Cianwood Island). Lisa noted what a perfect couple Tom and Miki made.

Miki sat back up, brushing hair from her face and pushing Tom away, grinning. “ She likes to use the wrong attack when I order a different one,” she continued, referring to her Umbreon, Luni. “ I always find that a long, exhausting dancing session is able to deter her.”

Lisa chuckled, and at that moment, Doctor Parker came swishing through the doorway.

“ Lisa, Gav – oh, I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware you had company,” she muttered awkwardly. Then she ran a sweaty hand through her fringe and continued. “ We just had some news from the intensive care unit – it appears Professor Oak will live.” She paused for this to sink in.

Both Lisa and Gavin’s faces broke into grins, and they breathed heavy sighs of relief – or at least, Lisa did – she noticed Gavin had sat up on the bed and was desperately kicking the lone grape beneath it.

“ So he’s going to be perfectly fine again?” Lisa asked. “ Able to continue his profession?” Parker nodded, and Lisa breathed relief. “ Thank God – that’s great …”

“ Yes it is,” Parker replied crisply – she had noticed Gavin’s grape only a few inches beneath the bed, and frowned. “ And for some even more good news, both of you may return home today.”

This news had a very positive effect on Lisa, who was longing to return to her home and really talk with her family – she felt as though her weeks away from them, roaming the plains, seas and forests of Johto had really separated them, and she really wanted to become close again, and fill that gap. Gavin also grinned, not only did he want to return to his normal routine life, but also wanted to get away from Doctor Parker’s stern scrutiny – she was eyeing the grape beneath the bed as though it was an intruder.

“ Well, I’ll be seeing you later on,” Parker replied, turning from the room, her eyes flashing dangerously. “ Oh, and Gavin, clean up that grape or I’ll set the Jynxes onto you!”

She swished out, while Lisa giggled. The Jynxes were the Hospital Cleaners – she had heard from a plump night-shift nurse that they had been known to Kiss those patients who made a total mess in their wards. As Doctor Parker vacated, Gavin hastily slipped down off the bed and scooped the slightly squished grape up, and threw it into his bedside bin.

“ Well, let’s go,” Lisa began, heaving herself up from the bed. “ But after we leave here, we have to visit the Pokemon Centre to get our Poke’s back.”

Wesley moaned. “ The TV Battle starts in half an hour – I’m gonna miss iiiit!!”
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:46 PM.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.