Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

Default Lisa the Legend

Where is everyone? Am I the only one still reading this story?
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

No, i'm just waiting for it to catch up where it left off. Where are ya, Gavin?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

MTR: Hi!!!! Yeah, finally something 'new' to read. I personally don't think I created the 3-way battle to it's full potential the first time around, so I will be editing a little bit!

I think it's good that Lisa remembered her original goal. After the Whirlpool Cup finishes, the plot really deepens and begins to get a bit more serious. Much of the first book is just getting to know Lisa, Gavin, etc, and building up to the real stuff!

Only 4 chapters til the end of the book!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Alright!!! New chapters! ^_^ I really like this fic. But there's only four chapters left? It still seems like it's just starting to me. How many books are there? Can't wait to read more!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Aquababe727: Hey! Yeah, only four more chapters (17,18,19,20) but the new book will be posted in this topic straight away. As of yet, there are only and will only ewver be 2 books, but it depends how i feel at the end of the book.

So far, I am up to chapter 10 of book 2. The amount of chapters in that book will be between 15 and 20 (most likely 20!)

Oh, and the story really is JUST starting. Chapter 18 is really like the start. The first 17 are to build up, drop hints, etc etc!

Thanks! Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well, that was an interesting turn of events! Knew it couldn't have been a Lugia! And our dear Lisa is into the pages of history at last! Hopefully she makes even grander entries! Good stuff, Gavin!

PS. I'd like to be sympathetic with you about Collingwood losing the Grand Final, but you know I'd be lying. So therefore, I won't!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

SSM: hi there! I know Ditto is supposed to turn into a rock, but what the hell? It didn't say they ALWAYS do. Maybe that was just one stupid Ditto?

Westwood's podgy, but not huge. I think he's really just clumsy and that makes him seem big for some reason./ By the way, Gavin might have gone with Westwood, but he didn't. I wonder why ...

Yeah yeah, new chapter in a few days!

Ryan: Yeah, it should have been pretty obvious that it wasn't actually Lugia ... as if it could be caught so easily. Even if it was a little baby! We'll be hearing from Westwood again sometime, and Lisa will be put on the map of Pokemon pokedex studiers! Lol ... maybe. Thanks mate!

Oh, I'm over the Collingwood thing. But I still think we played VERY well, don't you? Lol.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yeah, they did play well. I'm more of a fan of free-flowing footy rather than dirty and pushy. But then again, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs play that style all the time, and I really don't like them! My main quibble with Collingwood is Eddie McGuire. He has helped that club a lot, but that doesn't disguise the fact that he's a wanker and he's an overexposed knobhead! Still, that beats being John Elloit, the redneck boofhead in charge of Carlton, but hopefully he'll be extinct soon!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ryan: Eddie ... is er, OKish! I can't say he's that good. But I agree he's way too overexposed!!!!!

I like it when they start fights. It was really typical when the camera zoomed in on some pushing, and while we watched them pushing each other around, someone scored a goal. That was cool. But I usually prefer it to be nice and normal!

Chapter 19 up in a few days! Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

At least he isn't Sam Newman! Now there's a real wanker! He's actually better behaved drunk than sober! Have you seen how many times ladies flash him, morons do burnouts for him, the innuedo that follows him? *pukes*

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ryan: LMAO! ... I don't really have anything more to say!

Andrew: LMAO again! I say, my readers are quite humerous peoples, are they not?

Damn, why do you always pick out things that I don't see? Vulpix needs to have emotions ... of course ... why did you have to point that out??? Ugh. Lol. And all that stuff you mentioned will/may come soon! Oh, and it was 5 100 words or something I think!

X-Wing: Hey!! Long time, no see! I was just wondering where you went the other day. Nice to see that you're "back". I suppose once we get back to the crossover you will be replying more regularly? I certainly hope so.

Cheers!!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Interesting story!! A quest for legendaries!! When I was reading this, I was wondering when Eusine was going to show. Eusine is a Suicune expert. Hmmm ... that gives me idea to incorporate Rockets, Legendary Researchers and Legendaries.

Well, keep up the good job. Well, I say that to any fanfic author. It is what I do.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Tyranitar Master: I liekd the plot myself ... it's something a little different than what you might usually see.

LOL don't you dare make a fic of rockets, legendary researchers and legendaries! What do you think this is? Lol!

I hope you keep reading the future chapters! Seeya!!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

No, what I meant is to incorporate those three items into my fanfic "The Twin Terrors." By the way, what Rockets? Are they in the future chapters to come?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Tyranitar Master: Yes, there are members of Team rocket still coming in this story! I just meant that if you had legendaries, rockets and legendary researchers in a fic it would be too similar to mine!

Cheers! Chapter 19 up soon!

Lisa the Legend

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

"//Lisa, you will be a Legend// "?
    I wonder if that's intended to be a good thing.

The conetsts were kinda nice, a little short but still good.

Now the next book gets started. I can't wait!
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

Banned

Why is a Rocket after Lisa and what is going on in Ecruteak City? The Contest part was nice and it was nice to see Lisa get a Magneton but she no longer has Vulpix. That is kind of sad. Well, keep it up. I can't wait to see how this story ends.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

So ends the first part of the saga. What will become of dear Lisa? And of ol' ambling Gavin?

Good stuff, Gavin! And did you hear both our hometowns were in the top 10 of best places to live in the world in the Economist report?! Perth (yours) came 3rd and Adelaide (mine) came equal 8th! Apprently Melbourne tied with Vancouver for 1st. *laughs!* Oh well, rock on, mate!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

MTR: Lol!!! I was supposed to change that last line! Oh well, too late now. Dammit. And I'm not really sure if it's a good or a bad thing ...

I would have liked to include Kris' contest as well and expand on the others' but the chapter was already well over 5200 words, making it (I think) my longest chapter.

TM: It's about time I explained who that guy is, isn't it? I mean, he's been stalking her earlier, too. WHY is the question. I'd suggest reading earlier chapters to figure it out a bit, but it's really not explained until the next book.

Personally I prefer Vulpix over Magneton but hey I'm the writer so I must be really stupid to put myself out. Thanks, I hope you stick with this story til the end.

Ryan: Hi there!! Ah yes, the first half of the saga is over, and what WILL happen to Lisa. I know. Oz Andrew is practically the only other person who knows on this planet - only because we wrote the C/O together.

Yes, I heard about Melbourne winning the title of best city in the world. Isn't that absolute crapola or what??!! Perth is like SOOO much better, and although I've never been there I'm sure Adelaide is too (just to be biased against Melbourne).

Everyone: Now that the "final" chapter is over, I'm taking a small break of posting (not much, just maybe a week or so, don't panic). The second book will be posted in this topic of course.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Wait!!! You are writing a second book?????. This whole fanfic is really a book??? You know I would think of that. Boy, is my face red? I have read this whole fanfic but never thought of it as a novel or a book. Silly me!!!!!

Gavin, you rock! I haven't replied since like three chapters ago, soo... Yeah, i really like it! You're doing a great job with this. I wonder what the motives are for the legendaries, tho? Suicune seems a little shifty to me.. ^_^ K, i'll shut up now.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

TM: Wow don't sound so surprised. I don't really know what the difference is exactly ... I mean, any long collection of chapters which all feature the same characters or place and run smoothly after each other would technically be a book, no? It's a fanfic and a BOOK. I don't quite understand what you're saying ... could you be a bit more clear?

Aquababe727: Hey!!! Long time no see! You really like it hey? That's excellent. I like to see people being at least interested in my book. It's one of the best feelings though when people get really worked up about an event in the book. It shows they are really into it and that makes me so HAPPY!

By the way, everyone, I decided to take a 2 week break of actually WRITING Lisa the legend (i will still be writing The Crystal League and I will also still be online and posting regularly) for no real reason apart from to take a rest (aaah, there's SO much work to be done!) lol. By the time I get back, I SHOULD have all the chapters of book 2 (up to chapter 26) ready to go!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Okay, maybe that wasn't the clearest message ever. What I meant was that reading this awesome fanfic, I didn't consider that it was a book. I thought it was a fanfic. I never heard of anybody writing fanfiction as a book. I hope that clears it up. If it doesn't, I will keep on trying to find out a way for it to make sense.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

TM: A little better ... I spose you just saw this as a fanfic, but still I'm just trying to say that a fanfic is a book if it goes for long enough. Look around, many of the multi-chaptered fics around here are book sized, doesn't mean they can't be considered a book.

What are you defining a book as? I'm basically saying a book is a collection of chapters all about a particular person, place or event. Can you reply saying why a fanfic as a book is strange?

Cheers!

PS: Post 100 for Lisa the Legend!!

Lisa the Legend

And the story deepens! Lisa gets a Magneton, Gavin gets robbed, and Kris gets a car! I can't wait for Book Two.

What can the mysterious pokeball be for? Maybe it is somewhere between an Ultra Ball and a Master Ball. Can he use it to catch the lengendary Psychic pokemon of the prophesies?

The car has only two seats. Maybe Gavin can teleport while the girls drive.

You won't update for TWO WEEKS? Don't wait too long. The topic might get pushed back past page four, and then it may disappear!

Two weeks? I am going to have to find some more things to read. Is The Crystal League good?

or

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Kirby: Yew, the plot thickens rapidly now, doesn't it. I discovered a plothole last week but because I myself am so similar to Gavin in the story I forgot what it was and now I can't remember. Anyhow, nice way of summing up the chapter; but lucky Gavin got his pokes back, eh? I was almost tempted to let them go but of course I'm too nice. *coughcough*

Interesting thoughts about the MYSTERIOUS pokeball ... unfortunately I can't tell you, as I'm the writer . It'll all be revealed shortly. And nice idea about Gavin teleporting but ... well, you'll see when i post chapter 21!

About the two week break, don't be fooled. I say that just the same as I did when i originally finished book 1, but after a week I was desperate to post more, so I did. I said 2 weeks to give me a while extra in case I can't post for a while, which is very possible.

The Crystal League is quite good if I do say so myself, it's a trainer fic as the title suggests and also it is a bit lighter than this story. Still, check it out, I'd be pleased if you did!

Cheers, and thanks for the nice long reply!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well since I'm taking a short break, I thought I'd put this up in the mean time. It's a preview of what's to come in the next book ... actually, more of a preview of the next few chapters ... enjoy!

--------------------------------------
    When we left, Lisa, Gavin and Kris had all competed in the contest at Moomoo Farm. Lisa's brother Tom had urged her to return to Ecruteak City.

" I’m at Moo-Moo farm. At a contest in fact. Why, what’s up?” Lisa asked.

“ Well, just that something’s come up – I’d really like you to come back home to Ecruteak.”

“ Now? As in, straight away?”

“ Well…” Tom stuttered. “ Yeah … it's urgent.”

And now, Lisa must race back to Ecruteak City to meet Tom ... but something happens on the way that throws a spanner in the works...

Lisa and Gavin were driving along. Gavin whipped his head around to check on the pokemon, who were tiring gradually, and suddenly saw, in the distance, about fifteen kilometres west, a large column of slate-grey smoke. He shivered, and suddenly got a very odd feeling within him.

“ Lisa, turn around.”

“ WHAT? Gavin, what do you-”

“ Fire! A bushfire! Turn back, quickly, we have to help.”

And meanwhile, what has happened to the legendary dogs?

//Human, you cannot return to your people// Entei boomed, with the merest tint of threat in his tone.

“ What?” the man muttered, now feeling, if very slightly, revived.

//We must take you-// began Entei, but Raikou now interrupted.

//Must we, Entei? The human heard through no real fault of his own, he merely-//

//Silence!// Entei overruled his companion. //Raikou, don’t be soft. It is what we must do, if they found out too soon-//

The matters have to be resolved in an ultimate confrontation

Lisa the Legend II: Revelation

The Quest for the Legendary Pokemon Continues...

Lisa the Legend

I'm back!
    I missed alot!
    But I read it all!
    So MORE CHAPTERS PLEASE!
    The Almighty SuperSonicMewtwo

People and Pokémon alike be very afraid. I am unstoppable & unbeatable. I laugh in the face of danger, eat when I'm hungry, and belch in your face. Bow before me or face my wrath, for I am SuperSonicMewtwo, Master of all Pokémon and those who are annoying!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

SSM: There you are!! Hi there! I'm not surprised that you read and caught up again. Thank you, you're one of my most dedicated readers.

I'm taking a wee break, read the posts above. Something like a week or so.

*don't kill me!*

Lisa the Legend

Banned

reading the crystal league and lisa the legend makes for a good day need more chapters

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Blastoise: Hi!!! You're back! Have you caught up with all the chapters since you've been gone? I hope so. Thanks for the compliments, that always makes a writer feel good!

New chapter next week!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ah well Gavin, we've come to the end of another Lisa chapter! Or the same one many times...
    Anywho, I like Vulpix, although I'm sad to see it go, it was a nice Pokemon and its battle with Jigglypuff was excellent! Kudos for that Mr Luper! But seeing more Natu or Girrawhatever and Ditto's cool too!

But back to whinging about Vulpix, did I mention I liked it. But perhaps seeing some more Magneton would be funny... like having it install windows and breaking or falling apart from rust ect... And DJ Aipom! We need DJ Aipom! And Lisa in a whirlpool! With floaties!

But the revamps are very good and that vapid whore who tried to steal Gavin's Pokemon needs a slap-down from Lisa! Bring it on!

But very good work Gavin, look forward to more work soon!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Oz!

Lol... more like the same one many times I spose. I liked Vulpix a lot too, but frankly I couldn't work it into the story enough, since it was added in as I re-edited. That caused some problems. And the battle with Jigglypuff was added in to remind us all that Vulpix existed.

Rusty Magneton, DJ Aipom, Lisa in floaties, Lisa and Julia slapping each other ... I just LOVE Epilogues

Be careful what you wish for!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Yippee! It's getting closer to where you left on the last board. Can't wait for it to catch up(wants to see what happens, then again who doesn't?), but I guess I have to wait... You and your short break and all hehe. Story is as good as ever of course. Hope to see new stuff soon in both stories,

~Pichu:
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Pichu Luver: Hey, you dropped in! Thanks so much! Yes, I left off at Chapter 26, but this time will be different. I have already written up to chapter 29, and chapter 30 is partly done (it's pretty cool).

I hope you keep reading, and reply sometimes so I know you're still there. All will be REVEALED in book 2.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I remember you actually did start Book 2 and the crossover with OzAndrew, but then the move happened. Well, hope it lives up to expectations!

PS. Are you alright, Gavin? Haven't seen you online for around a week!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Now that was intense! Anna's death came as a real shock. From the first half of that chapter I already felt Entei was a scumbag but by the end I felt like killing Entei myself. Just because it's a damn legendary doesn't make it the judge of who's to live and die and how the future must proceed. I feel for Lisa. Such a decent person who's now been drowned in horiffic loss. Hopefully she and Gavin will whoop Entei's sorry carcass eight ways from Sunday! Nice return, mate!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Keep it up. I can hardly wait to see what the next chapter is and where the story goes from here.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Can't wait for the new chappies, and btw, I was reading your fics before I was a member.

Wow! You were right when you said that the second book was where the story really begins. Entei sure is evil. No care for Human life.

It looks like Gavin is getting better at controlling his powers. Mabey he should get some pointers from an Alakazam. That sure was some ending. It sounds like Entei got away just in time. That was a lot of attacks at once.

or