Hi Gavin. I like how the story is going. Lisa and Gavin are really getting down to business now, where before, they had a break in the action. There are suddenly a bunch of new plot twists with the union, the missing professor, and the mysterious man in the limo.

Gavin seems to be taking these things better now than before, since he returned from captivity. He isn't as closed up. Has his left arm healed? In Chapter 44, when he returned, he seemed to have a paralyzed arm.

... Gavin did not look at all well; he was swaying on the spot, almost like a drunk, and she noticed that he was not moving his left arm at all.

...She saw something flicker in his eyes, which were bloodshot, before he nodded obediently and gripped the outside of the screen with his right hand. Lisa noticed now more than ever than his left arm stayed firmly by his side....
I wonder if Gavin heard the noise at night and went to check on Lisa? I guess I'll have to wait and find out. Keep up the good work. I hope they figure out who the union member is.

By the way, I think the word you were thinking of when you said "careering" was "careening." "They were careening out of control!"