*whistles softly* Okay, now I see why you changed the style back. That was intense. It wasn't just the battle that was attention-grabbing, either; your writing style, as usual, was gripping. Awesome description, for one thing. I love the attention you pay to detail; it's something I still need to improve. And that first line with Emma pretty much made the chapter. You foreshadowed the daylights out of that one, but it still hit home.

Criticisms, criticisms... uh... well, I sort of alluded to it before, but there was a lot of foreshadowing. I'm not sure whether or not it was too much, really. I mean, you made it blatantly obvious that things weren't right; that in itself was a negative, but it may have increased the dramatic tension in the early parts. It's something to consider, though not necessarily something to change. I also couldn't figure out why the elevator door kept opening on its own. Maybe you all have a different system than what we have in the U.S., but if there was a secondary reason for it then that might have been worth explaining.

All in all, though, very strong as usual. You've left us with two cliffhangers this time: what will happen to Lisa and co., and what's up with Lisa's family? A lot to consider. Not to mention the creepy Union guy at the end. Why can I not remember who Mr. Spaniard is? WHY? Ugh. I'm so ashamed. At any rate, beautiful change in the tone, and nice developments in pure plot. I look forward to seeing what you pull out next!