Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 64 up!

See, I'm not so sure Lance is even the ruthless type (much less downright evil)... I'm kind of thinking this may be a red herring. Of course, that could very well just be me hoping Lance is a pure-of-heart guy. Judging by the way that chapter went, a lot probably hinges on his father's identity. I'm trying to remember his age... as well as that of our good buddy Joseph Sterling. That's probably a long shot, though.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 64 up!

Brian1: Thanks for the grammatical corrections. I guess those sentences are just indicative of some stylistic traits I've picked up and grown to like over the years. But I'll keep in mind that what I find pleasing to read might come across as slightly jarring to an audience. It's definitely something I'll need to be aware of if I want to look at publishing in the future.

Ada: I think I remember you voicing some similar predictions and tentative suspicions about the Guard - and Lance - as far back as when I first posted Chapter 58 (almost two years ago now, egad). I like your thought processes, but I prefer not to comment to my readers about their predictions; I'd hate to tacitly shoot an idea down in flames, or confirm it. Speculation and mystery are fun.

Lance's relationship with Darius, however ... well, I'm glad my prose made it clear that it will be, in some way, significant to ... something. Bwahaha.

About Lance's Dad ... time shall tell.

And yes, Lance's phone conversation with Darius would definitely be an interesting one to read, though you're right to question whether or not I'll include it in a future chapter.

I'm glad you guys both liked the characterisation. I always hope I'm improving in that area.

Brian2: "No, Lance. I - am - your father." Hee. If I had published my character profiles on here, you might have the answer to your question. About Lance's father that is, not the prospect of a red herring.

Would I deliberately try to confuse my readers?

You bet.

Thanks to both of you for your replies, I'm glad you're still finding the fic engaging. Chapter 65 - here we come!

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.