Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

OMG How damn hillarious! This was an wonder to read! With the totally underused approach and of all things a Weedle! Lol! Excellent, simply excellent! Its sure better than a Politoed!

Furret was a blast! I'd love to see more of it in the future! It was great! And its endless energy was wonderful! It took down the Arbok evolution AND made a snowman. DId I mention I love this furret

But Dewgong was also excellent! I was expecting the steel beam to impale it or something It sure was good. And Darius seemed.. I dunno...

But a Weedle as his last pokemon I was so laughing! It was hillarious! And then it won with all those kickass moves! How'd it do that? But well ENTERTAINMENT ++++ I didn't want Hiro to win, but the sheer likeability of his team had me wanting him to win in the end!

And the last part... ooh..my... slaugtering... I saw Final Destination 2 and Snatch yesterday so I'm feeling desensitized to it all. But that Murkrow! Fly my pretty! FLY! The dark man... I have a feeling he's against Team Rocket... or Entei... or just out to kill Lisa YET AGAIN! But that was well done too.. sobering...

Great work Gav!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Now THESE are great chapters!! Who would 've thought that a Dragonite could be beaten by a tiny Weedle?!

As for that last part, does anyone besides me have some guess as to who that "Dark Man" is? Well, I can't wait for the next chapter: I wonder how Gavin will react......
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

That battle was great! I'm really suprised that Hiro was able to defeat Lance's Dragonite with a Weedle. It was exciting, and kept me glued to the monitor to read what Hiro's Weedle could possibly do against a massive (especially comapared to Weedle) Dragonite. Although I wonder how Hiro was able to teach his Weedle moves in a way that the National (or at least Johto/Kanto, or maybe World) Champion was unaware of. Hiro's really proven himself, and now he moves on to the next challenege. Although I'm interested in who the others who defeated Lance are... It just so happens that 1999 was three years before 2002, and isn't that when you started writing this fic? Or am I reading into things a bit too much...?

It's a little odd that Lance would have a Arbok evolution, but it fits since the Johto/Kanto region dragons are snake-like for their first two forms. It's also nice to see someone who isn't a Team Rocket member using something from the Ekans line, since that almost never occurs in the game or anime.

I really liked Hiro's crazy Furret.
    Hyperactive + Cute = Win. ^_^
    It did really well to take out Lance's Pythir so quickly, although I wish we could have seen Pythir in action a bit longer...

What will happen to Gavin when he finds out what happened to his uncle?
    (Just wondering, but Eusine is Gavin's uncle, right? Does that mean that Gavin is just now going to find out what happened to him? I can't quite remember if Gavin knows about that...)

And that scene with the "Dark Man" at the end was described very well, although a tad disturbing. I can tell that he has some problems, but also some sort of agenda that will undoubtedly bring him into future parts of the story.... Another person after Lisa and Gavin?

Back to waiting for the next chapter. Keep up the good work!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Good chapter! The bouncing Furret was very funny. I wonder where Lisa's Dratini starts to fit in. Oh, well it'll probably be revealed in the next chapter.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Wheeeeeeeeeee...I like the bouncy Furret!!!!

Great battle, nice to see a strong, really really strong bug Pokemon for once.......^^

That was a really cool battle.......chun chun.

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

Go Weedle!Bouncy Furret, Bouncy Furret.^_^.Nice chapter, Who knew that Furret would actually come in Handy?Also, I remember Fiskmire, Tentacraw, That Aerodactyl evo, Girafury and Pythir but I can't remembder the other ones.What were they?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Shiny Marill: Thankyou! Thank goodness it was good to read then, it took so so so so long to write.

I like Furret too, all bouncy and soft and squishy. And Weedle deserves 'Most Valuable Player', if you ask me - he really showed how strong bugs could be.

Powarun: Yep, Draco could have used Slam for sure - he didn't but it definitely is a physical possibility. You've realised the point I was trying to make!; anyone can learn attacks, but it's the skills and the feelings that really count in the end. Weedle won without using anything more spectacular than a Safeguard.

Master Kirby: I loved writing the last part of the battle - Weedle's fight just rammed itself into the computer instantly and constantly, it flowed perfectly, as far as writing goes.

That last part of the chapter was kind of abstract, but again, it wrote itself really. That para where the man actually kills the guy made me feel a bit ill as I wrote it, it was the most disgusting thing I can ever recall writing. Never again ... well, not quite ...

Genna: Hello!! That's alright, I've not been keeping an eye on any of my favourite fics (yours and EBTV) for a few weeks now - if I don't catch up soon, it will be in a couple of weeks time when the holidays begin.

Story come alive? That makes me feel like I actually have some sort of talent lol!

It seems everybody loved Furret - maybe I should bring him back one day? Who knows? Oh, and would you believe I wasn't really sure myself if Hiro was going to win or not until Weedle used Mirror Coat - then I thought 'Nah, he has to ...'

Visual ... gory ... yucky! Ugh.

Cheers!

Oz: Thankyou! Hey what do you mean a totally underused approach, I don't follow? Yeah, Politoed was really quite crap. But anyhoo, I knew you would like Furret. Ah, it'll be a champion snowman builder before long!

Dewgong was a real champ if you ask me - sensible and very cool, not to mention he does all those great moves! What about Darius, btw?

All I can really say is ... YAYYYY WEEDLE!

Oh, No, Lisa's attempted assassinations are far too boring these days ... it's something different.

Zeldafan: Thank you ... yeah, Weedle's victory did kinda come out of nowhere, but I loved writing it anyway.

I'm sure you have your theories about the last part, and unfortunately for me, they are probably correct.

GeneChildMewtwo: Hi. The point I was trying to make in that battle was that sometimes things aren't always as they should be - Aerodactyl never has evolved before, but it did then. Weedle should not stand a chance against Draco, but he did. The world of the story is not one that can be easily calculated or scripted, if you get my drift.

Oh btw, you're probably reading into this way too much.

Yes. I threw in some different pokes in the chapter. I always do, because I hate the game and hate the anime, both of which are the most cliche, mindless things in the world.

Eusine Luper is Gavin's uncle - or was ... you'll find more about that soon.

A tad disturbing - I agree whole-heartedly.

Next chapter will be a week or two away still.

Karania: Thanks! I like Furret, it's great that he was such a hit with you guys. Lisa's Dratini - he's hanging around somewhere! Not everything will be in the next chapter, but definitely in the next ten or fifteen.

Hyperness: You like Furret too, eh? What a surprise!

I agree, bugs are always seen as pathetic, this little guy proved them wrong.

100FangCroconaw: Yeah, considering Furret's weirdness, you'd think she would be utterly useless, but there you go.

I think you're referring to my made-up pokes? Read back and see! You've missed two or three.

Everyone: C38 coming soon ... or evenutally ...
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Now this is why I love reading this fic. It's so intruiging and just keeps me interested every single second of the way

Like I said, damn good chapter. Kinda predicted that Hiro would win, but not with those type of Pokemon. I'm assuming Weedle could use those moves due to being with Hiro for the longest time. Can't wait for more
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well I am reading too into it. How cool this thing is. I wish I could see a Weedle use Mirror coat. Why can't the games be this way?
    If something is wrong, please say so.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm very amazed. Teaches me to alwasy read this. That Weedle comeback was unpredicted by my half. It would be so good if weedles were really like that. ^_^ But they're not so we just have to make it up . Also the last bit with the folders and backstabbing was actually very dark and mysterious... bum ba bum... ^_^

But it was an excellent chapter i seriously reckon u write really good battle scenes cuz lyk, that was really good. I could just SEE it happening as I read. It takes a thousand words to paint a picture, in your case, six thousand.

~Mist

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I know! It reminds me of the Orange League episode where Pikachu takes a stand against that huge Dragonite!! I mean, talk about "close!"
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everybody! Sorry, I'd give individual replies but hey ... I'm worn out. There are only four more school days until I'm on holidays, so then I can really start churning out the chapters!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone! Writing has been on hold for the last three months or so but the next couple of weeks should mean a couple of chapters (I hope so anyway!).

The plotting of the story has been taking place in the back of my mind, however, so I think you'll all be very pleased when the next few chapters emerge - things really begin to happen.

Seeyas shortly!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

LOoking forward to the next chapter!
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Whew! Finally caught up!

Very interesting chapter! A Weedle beating a Dragonite... classic! And I love that Furret! An Pithir the Trampoline! Gotta love it!

Though I AM a bit upset. I had a great idea for my fic, but before I could use it, you used a part of my idea... oh well. It'll still be in there, but I'm disappointed that now it has been looked into a bit.

I would have loved more description about Aerodactyl's evolution, though. For some reason I just couldn't get a clear picture into my head. But to cheer you up, I want you to know that that was the first time that has happened to me during this fic. (And yes, I know I've used the word "that" three times in one sentence!)

Well, I can't wait for the next chapter! I'll look forward to it!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: I'm working on it, so there won't be lnog to wait.

Mr Pikachu: Hello!

Wow, three 'thats' in one sentence! Full on! Thankyou for reading my fic, have you replied to it before? I don't remember seeing you around in this topic.

It's good that you liked most of the chapter - and the entire story - but what idea did you have that i already had used??

Anyway, congrats on catching up (it's hard work!!) and i hopw you do continue to read on!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well, i look forward to it! Sounds like things twist...twist like a twinkie...*dubious glare* I'll bet my pipe, my hat and my trenchcoat, thankyou...

*smoke bomb*

Shiny runs off into the night...

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Well, I would have told you, except it would have ruined the surprises for my fic! I guess you'll just have to find out for yourself!

And no, I haven't replied to this fic before that last one. I've been trying to catch up over a vast expanse of time, but I decided that it wouldn't be prudent to reply at the end of your writing with something midway through, so I waited. (Okay, I sounded like the Pokemon R/S Trick Master earlier, now I sound like Dana Carvey imitating George Bush Sr.!) Anyway, it's a great fic, so keep on plugging away! I'm enjoying it thoroughly!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Hope to see the next chapter soon. Take your time, there's no hurry. Though I am anxious to see it!

Banned

I guess there won't be too much of a wait for the next chapter from here. I'm looking forward to it too.

Also, I hope my last post wasn't... too over-anylizing or anything. I often compare things to the Pokemon Games since I consider them the "truth" of the Pokemon world, however I hope you don't think I expected you to follow them absolutely 100%. I really like what you've done, I just have a habit of over-anylizing everything... but I understand what you mean since if everything was exactly as it should be then nothing would be a surprise, and in real life nothing is ever 100% constant either.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Shiny Marill: Not really twisting, just devloping! You'll see soon enough!

Mr Pikachu: Alright then, I'll wait. I'm very glad you like this so much, I love it myself (no bias there at ALL).

Karania: Thanks. I am taking my time with it, and it's coming along nice and steadily. A few things happen in this chapter, it's not just the average fillery one (though I can't remember any fillers in LTL before anyway).

GCM: nope, not long to wait. It's progressing nicely.

Everyone: Chapter 38 is about 1000 words long so far, which, in short terms, means that it's about a third/quarter way through by my usual writing standards.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

At Spp, the maximum for a post is 10,000! Here, it's 50,000. I think thats' unfair....because fanfics (even MINE :-1) wont fit! I have to slice it up into gentle chunks...*grr*

anyway, looking forward to Chappie 38!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Good to hear. Though you are killing me with the suspense!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone.

Chapter 38 is still at the same point but the following chapters are starting to take shape also. I've started writing parts of chapters 39 and 40 already.

Chapter 38 should be up, time permitting, anytime after Wednesday this coming week. So look out for it!

Lisa the Legend

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, thank you for making me aware that I should check the story out soon. Maybe I should reread it, and see if Gavin did any foreshadowing.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Powarun: There's an idea. Rereading could help answer a lot of questions.

As for the chapter, it's half-way through. I may even be able to post it today!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

*YAWN*

Nearly finished the chapter ... expect it tomorrow (30-4).

Cheers.

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Hey, this is a really great chapter. The length is really good and the description of the battle is amazing. You are a really good writer. There is lot's of good writer's here and you are one of them. Keep writing. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

totodilelover: Hi! I'm going to go with logical reasoning here and say that you were referring to chapter 37 right? Because i posted Chapter 38 about 5 minutes before your post and I thought "that cannot be humanly possible". So yeah, read 38 if you want to!

I'm a really good writer? Thankyou! Do you write on these forums?

Seeya round!

Lisa the Legend

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Shouldn't have read the preview for next chapter... *curses herself*

Anyway, I just stopped to read this for a while. Now I should go back to my quest of finding a better phrase than 'good chapter'.

I really liked the battel in that chapter... sure shows Tyler!
    And by the way, *remembers rule against advertising*
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

very nice chapter. Gavin's gone...will he appear again? Darius steps in, I hope he has a 'Gavin Thomas Luper' costume to make Lisa feel better. What Pogeys does he have? is Bulbasaur his? hmm...i should read more/better/something.

dont mind me, i'm a wee bit tipsy from last night..

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I can sympathize with Gavin, I know what it's like to lose a family member.

On the bright side, that two-on two-on two battle with Tyler, Kris, and Hiro was very intense. I can only hope that the next chapter will be just as good.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

LoL yea, I was talking about chapter 37. I just finished reading the other chapter's and they were just as good. Every chapter you are very descriptive. You must take a long time and put a lot of thought into your chapter's to make them so great. I can't wait to read more. Keep it up!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Mistysakura: Hi!! Thanks for reading and replying too! Did you like the battle then? For a change, I found it quite easy to write.

Cheers!

Shiny Marill: Thanks. Yes, Gavin is gone, stupid little runaway boy. Although if you think about it he has literally no family left in the world, so you can imagine how he might be feeling. Whether he comes back or not is something you should be able to answer.

Darius steps in. He has a Dragonair that we know of already, and a couple others.

Zeldafan: Exactly, poor him. And he's lost his entire family.

Was the battle as intense as I hoped it to be? I did try my best (which is not too great) to make it a high-scale fight, but only the reader can determine that. The next chapter might be as good, I think it will as I have already made a good start on it.

totodilelover: That's a relief. I thought you must have been a speedreader. Thanks for reading, I hope you keep reading in future!

To tell the truth, it gets easier and easier to write chapters if you are continuing the same storyline, you just kind of slip into the mood and begin writing. Therefore, I can write chapters more quickly.

Chapter 39 up later this week!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

It was worth the wait! ^_^

The battle between Hiro, Kristal and Tyler was interesting. The battle itself was well written, and the two friends finally triumphing over their arrogant rival was a nice thing to see.

It's interesting to see that Lisa was afraid to be alone again. It makes sense. If I had travelled with a friend for such a long way and had been with them for that long the thought of being alone again would be hard to accept. It's nice to see that in a character, it makes them feel more real.

Luckily, it seems that Lisa will have a new compainion for a while.

I hope things turn around for Gavin soon... He's got it really rough. And now that his only other family member is gone... He's completely alone.

This chapter had really great character development, especially with Lisa and Gavin. I can't wait to see what awaits them (and now Darius too?) in the next chapter.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I will join the crowd (for once) and say, that this fic was worth the wait. Two chapters in a row, now that was a present. I thought you would make something happen to Hiro because Lance was mad or stuff. Read on, write on

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Gene Child Mewtwo: Hi! That's great that it was a good read.

I simply could not let Tyler win, he really is a loser. Maybe if my story centred around Hiro and Kristal I would have them lose to him and spend the rest of their lives trying to beat him, but ... the story is around Lisa, really.

Good character development? You have no idea how great that sounds to me.

Seeya round!

Powarun: Hey. Good reading hey? That was just one chapter, by the way, split into two parts so it would be postable.

Chapter 39 coming soon!

Lisa the Legend

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yay......new character...*sort off*

How niiiiiice......=)

Poor Gavin, he must feel totally awful.....he even forgot his Pokemon.

I liked the three way battle, well described and great to know tht Hiro and Kris are friends again.

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

Wow! When you write, you really write. I had been so busy with school, I hadn't noticed a new chapter. Then I looked, and there was a whole new page filled up! I like long chapters.

That was an interesting battle. I liked how Kristal used that Hyperelemental Bomb. That was a surprise. I am glad Hiro and Kris are friends again. She sounds like she is just as strong a trainer as Hiro. Maybe they can both fight the people who beat Lance.

I hope Gavin left his pokeballs, then Staryu wouldn't have to carry Lanturn back to ecruteak.

I wonder if Gavin will be able see Lisa open his present?
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hyperness: Hey! Yeah, as far as I'm concerned if you leave your pokemon behind in a foreign town, then you're either a really bad person or you're under really bad circumstances (Gavin is the latter).

Hiro and Kris' friendship rebuilding is good for me too, it was stupid that they weren't friends.

Kirby: Hey!! It's good that you like long chapters, sometimes I just get really carried away with what I'm writing! I'm like that too - sometimes I come to TPM and suddenly there's new chapters everywhere.

The Hyperelemental Bomb just kinda burst from nowhere, but it was an interesting invention.

As for Kris, she is a very strong trainer, but unlike Hiro she evens her pokemon's development out rather than charging ahead with some and leaving the others behind in the dust.

Good question, you'll find out soon!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend