Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Oz Andrew: Hey!!

Will you be able to reply a bit more from now on? I hope so, as we have urgent ********* business to attend to.

Don't worry about not replying for so long. Job interviews are a good enough excuse, however if you didn't have a good excuse it would be detention for you!

Yay! Your Volteneers are back at last! And we kinda got rid of Issechu, but he'll keep. Lol call him icicle if you want to! Wes and Jean will be in a few more chapters, there is a 'two-parter', so to speak, coming up near the end of the entire book, we'll see them a lot then. Those will be the least pokemon-related chapters.

Yes, Anna's death was much better, the emotional effects I tried to handle better. However, I couldn't keep them sad for long. After all, that would make the story too depressing! And, well, although it's not in writing, Psyduck is dead, and Scizor and the others ... we'll see.

Lol nice that you compared the Gastly and Haunters to the Casper ghost thingies. I'll be trying to develop the pokemon character-wise soon!

Maybe somebody can draw a picture of Fiskmire. I keep holding off actually asking somebody, because if it looked different to my mental picture, I wouldn't be able to use it and I would feel really mean refusing somebody's artwork.

Ah yes, the Banana Chunkies! Wooo! Yay!

I always hated Magneton. But at the time, I thought "hm, Lisa can get another pokemon" and now I am like "Why would I give her a stupid Magneton??" LMAO ah yes, I loved Lisa throwing Aipom into the wall, one of my faves bits! I like your ideas for Magneton, although personally I'm so glad to be rid of it I think we'll just keep it away.

More chapters will be coming soon. I'll post chapter 26 on Sunday (Special 1 - year anniversary) along with a notice about YOU-KNOW-WHAT!!

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hi, I'm surprised I didn't manage to catch onto this fic earlier! Took me 3 days to read all this, but I guess it was worth it. It's very good, I like your style and it's a nice plot too. The only problem is (why the heck am I criticising people the first time I post?) is that you can't tell much about the characters. I mean, you can tell who's good and who's evil, but that's about it. Waiting for the next chapter !
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Misty Sakura: Hi!

Lol well the important thing is that you have caught onto the fic now. I can't wait for Sunday, that day will be the 1-year anniversary of Lisa the Legend being posted.

I'm still working out the bugs in the plot, there are some thing I should have added in much earlier, so there are a few creases and plotholes still to be discovered. LMAO a few months ago I discovered a MAJOR plot hole, but, Me being Me, I forgot what it was. So I can't even fix it.

Don't be worried about criticising this! It's not perfect, it's barely OK, it'sa crap really! Criticise as much as you can. Most writers like to know what's wrong so they can fix it.

As for what you pointed out, it's been blatantly obvious to me for awhile now. But I am yet to fix it. I presume you mean the lack of characterisation for Lisa and Gavin? I'm working on it from now on. And their history and some of their life ... will be coming soon.dn't manage to catch onto this fic earlier!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Hi! Sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier.In my mental picture, Fiskmire looks cool.Banana chunkies on the floor?That must be what Gavin is bad at!Magneton bye-bye.And Issechu is a reeeeeeal problem for Lisa.And I wonder how nurse Lisa disappears.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

100Fang Croconaw: Hi. That's alright, as long as you did manage to read the new chapter at some point. I'm very excited now, we are nearly back up to where I left off in June when TPM went down. Anyhow, I hope you like the way you invisage Fiskmire. What does he look like to you? Can you describe him to me at all?

Yes, Gavin is a bad chef. Nevertheless, he can still cook! Yes, off goes Magneton, and Issechu has evaporated! Lisa's disappearance will be made evident on Sunday!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well just a quick note to say ...

HOORAY! Lisa the Legend is 1 year old today!

8) 8) 8) 8)

However, I also can't put the next chapter up at the moment due to some technical difficulties. It'll be up ASAP!

Also, I have to let everybody know that from now on I will only be reading two fics - Lapras Valley High and Electric Buggy to Victory - and apart from posting and replying to Lisa the Legend, I will not be online on TPM at all. Also, I have decided that once I complete LTL (about chapter 40) I will be leaving TPM.

So ...

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

You are leaving? That means that you won't be making any more stories.

I guess if you aren't interested in something anymore, then it is harder to write about it. At least you are finishing the story before you leave.
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey Gavin! i read the EBTV part, and thought i should see this part, too. I love it, really i do! I liked the battle with Angela, it was great to see Gavin's Staryu beat an evolved (and now a 3rd stage) Pokemon!

The description is excellent; the words, conjunctions and such give me inspiration to compel my own story! it's really very unique. I also liked how Lisa and Gavin had such difficulty coping by walking on the land; just goes to show that Lisa wasn't as healthy and fit as she was in the 3rd Pkmn movie

Keep it up! i love the spoilers for the next chapter; Jess and Lisa working together? count me in

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hi! Another great chapter, and things are starting to get interesting. I loved that battle, it's been sometime since one. I think. Lisa thinking Gavin's handsoem? Now that one was expected sooner or later. Predictability...
    Lisa’s hands were slipping off the vibrating steering wheel
    Next paragraph:
    she asked, sweat pouring down her face and her hands sticking to the wheel.
    What the?

Keep it up, it's great!
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

great story gavin! I wouldnt mind if u put a cross over to my story

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

I noticed a wistake:
    "recalling her seemingly useless (apart from powering the buggy) Magneton."

she got rid of that a chapter or two ago!

crossover chap! and more coming!

i noticed a couple other mistakes, still minor ones only a dediacted fan would notice

when Azumarril used Bubblebeam, you said a bunch of little stars hit Strayu, not bubbles. and when Lisa was reading the booklet, you said the book was about Jhoto, kanto amd some new place (Hanto?), then said they entered Houen.

anywho, those don't matter and the chap was great! i liked teh scene w/the Magikarp of Doom!
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ooh ooh ooh! Gavin Gavin! Yay! I loved the Buggy Crashing Scene again, lots of fun, and Staryu being like IcyBug ^^ Hee, and Lisa's comments ^^;

And the Evil Magikarp of Doom ^^ And the Spasticated Loser... lol excellent. But I think the shining light of this episode was the Floaties part! OMG BEST PART EVER! Can I say that was excellent, the emotions conveyed, the 3 year old attitude, the imagery, EXCELLENT I loved it, and then the mysterious thing saving her... EXCELLENT! Now DJ Aipom and Gavin's Psychic Hotline!

Plus Azumarril vs Staryu, ooh it got hammered from Staryu's wide range of devistating attacks! It got TAKEN DOWN! Booyah! But so did Lisa! At least she put up a little fight... poor thing...

Great work Gav, I LOVED The floaties part! Frikken awesome!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Lots of replies! Whoa!

Before I start, I urge everyone who read this chapter to read the latest chapter of Electric Buggy to Victory by Oz Andrew. This last chapter was like a semi-crossover between the two fics, and it'll be best, even if you don't read EBTV normally, to read this Semi-crossover, as it will provide some better knowledge for the crossover next chapter. This will be when the characters from both stories' lives intertwine. Very cool stuff.

Kirby: Yay, Gavin battled for a change. Ah well, they'll live. The library will be open soon - but will they both be there to get the book? And yes, the attacker is a she. Dum dum dum ... evil.

Well interpreted ... there will be trouble. But what else can you expect? And yep, Suicune saving Lisa was a new edit that I threw in at the last minute (to Oz Andrew's great delight). Yes, he did know something, even ten years ago.

TM: Thanks! The buggy is and always will be absolutely useless. Well, kinda! LOL. Lisa and Gavin's arguing, I liked that. And Aipom is just a pest, isn't he?

Shiny Marill: Hi! Yeah, that's a good idea to read both sides of the story as it gives you a better understanding of what's going on and how the two stories are going to link up. Yeah, Gavin's Staryu is cool!

Why thank you, I enjoy writing it as much as you like reading it. I think it's a very unique story too. Yeah, well Lisa and Gavin have been kinda just hanging around lately in Ecruteak or using the buggy, so they are unfit. Don't worry, a few more chapters will turn things around a bit I think. Well, kinda.

I'm keeping the spoilers, I like them now, and I only ever did them once in the old version of LTL.

Misty Sakura: Hi there! You liked it? Excellent. Things are going to begin developing a lot more now. Things are really drawing into the climax more, ever since about chapter 18.The battle was well overdue, and yes, Lisa and Gavin's - friendship - is going to develop more now. After all, they're only human!

LOL that mistake kinda slipped through! Thanks for pointing it out!

Metaknight89: Thanks but not thanks, one crossover is enough for now. Besides, it took months to prepare this one. Sorry.

MTR: LOL! That's not a mistake, you interpreted the word in the pokemonish way rather than the words actual meaning. Recalling as in REMEMBERING. Glad I could clear that up.

Yeah, crossover chapter next!

And yeah, those were mistakes, I'll edit them out after this post!

Oz Andrew: HI!! Yes, the buggy crashing was lots of fun as always. Yay go staryu. Lisa comments? Specify!

Yes, I liked writing in the Evil Magikarp of Doom and the Spasticated Loser part. Ah yes, here we go, someone's ranting and raving. Yes, I added in that part that you have been urging me to add in since practically day 1. I'm very glad it was as good as you think it is, of course the bit with Suicune had to be in there for it to be relevent. Your other requests ... I'll think about it.

Yeah well Azumarill lost because it was fat and ugly and pointless and Staryu isn't. Yeah, Lisa would've been a great Karateist. Hmmm ... ideas, ideas ...

Great work by you too, I'll reply tomorrow to yours, OK? Cheers Oz!!!Electric Buggy to Victory

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Gavin, I loved your Staryu getting some personality with the Buggy Crash! And Lisa's comments about them seeing her butt lol, so Aussie. And the Floaties Part was done above and beyond what I expected. Congrats.

But DJ Aipom of Gavin's Psychic Hotline would be cool ^^ Or maybe even Gavin competing in a "I can shoot stuff from my head" competition Or Elekid getting addicted to eating electricity.. lol .. bad ideas...

Oh well Azumarril is fat isn't it ^^; lol Staryu kicked butt though ^^ OMG I got post 199! Go me!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well well, post 200! Lisa the Legend's bicentennial post! Yay!

Well, even though we got to 350 at this stage last time, I'm not fazed as much as I used to be with postcount.

Oz: Yeah, I get what you mean about the comment now. Very Aussie, I agree. Lisa is Aussie I spose, as is Gavin ... I don't know how that works but they just ARE, ok?

LOL somehow I might be able to incorporate some of your ideas into the story at some point.

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

TOtally cool. Next chapter please!
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

some great chapters her Gav; i spent all of today reading chapters, finding out all the essential stuff.

when is the 2nd part of the crossover out? *sings: I'm so excited*

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

wow... i just read this whole thing at once. it was that good. it started out kind of typical, but then got far far better. it's excellent excellent excellent. it's really a good fanfic... and i really want to know what happens next.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: The next chapter will be a few days coming, mainly due to the fact that I haven't written it yet.

Shiny Marill: Thanks. I'm glad you read some of the other stuff as it will help you understand the next chapter. The next part will be a few days, possibly up to a week.

Madelyn151: Hi! Thanks for stepping into the world of Lisa the Legend. I hope you continue to read in future. Yes, when I first wrote it I was a very beginner-ish kind of writer, so excuse the cliche in the first few chapters.

Everyone: I can't wait to post the next chapter. It will be the first new one since ... June, when TPM went down. It took from june til september to get back to chapter 15, but then TPM came back, so I started all over again. It's taken over 3 months to get back to where we left off, but I'm so glad to be back.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Okay I know what you mean. I still have a story I'm working on that I'm still not pleased with yet. I like the plot I've come up with, but I don't like the setting or storyline. Well back to the drawing board.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I do that with a lot of my chapters. I might write a bit, then not be happy with it so I delete a heap of it. It's just a matter of time until I get it just right.

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

okay, that sounds like something I do.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Karania: LOL ... yes, it's a very frustrating job sometimes, isn't it, when you can't get it exactly right.

Sorry everyone for the delay, but the chapter is still in process of being written. It's a lot shorter than last chapter, and is about 2/3 completed.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Just a quick update to everyone, I have almost completed the first c/o chapter.

Oz Andrew and I have decided to have 2 Crossover chapters as well as the semi-crossover (Chapter 27).

It should be posted here and in EBTV tomorrow.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Wow. I haven't read this in a long time, but it has come VERY far.

BTW, I don't think "redly" is a word.

- Mark Ericson
    Head Mod of Serebii.Net's R/S and FR/LG Forums!

TEAM BLUEGREEN

I run a fun little site called Quelorant.Com. It's funny. Seriously. Please visit. Please? I'm begging you, please visit. Fine, be that way. Just hope you don't screw up in R/S or FR/LG at Serebii.Net or BMGf. (Just kidding. But do check it out at least.)

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Trip: HEY!!! Long time no see! In the forums, anyway!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, this is where we left off. I'm still trying to improve my writing; my goal at the moment is to stop my narration and description sounding so formal and matter-of-fact, and be casual, but descriptive.

Redly ... that was the best word I could get. Oh well.

Thanks, I hope you keep reading!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

So we're finally on to new chapters. Thank god. You know I love this fic and EBTV so I'll be reading all the way, although I favor Oz's lighter reading, mostly because there's more comedy in it. No offense though, I love this one also *tries not to make a bad impression* ^_^;

btw, is there going to be a summary of TCL at all? I certainly want to know what happens, as does a lot of the other readers although I'm sure you're just busy with the crossover at the moment
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

i would never write a crossover anyway; and i havent found anyone i think is at my level of writing. Gavin, you are just too reputable and your fic is so different, i could never crossover. I'll leave the experts to do the expertee stuff.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Please post the next chapter very soon.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

T_M_L: Yeah, we're back! Thanks for the reply, I actually agree with you totally, Oz Andrew's fic is much lighter, yet it has the same description etc. That's what I'm going to be trying to do for the rest of the fic ... make it a bit lighter. Except I really suck at adding Comedy in. And of course a few chapters are going to have to be formal, but oh well.

Lol don't worry you didn't make a bad impression!

I remembered about the summary the other day and i thought I should actually do some of it ... I had only planned out a little of the fic so it may be a LONG time coming. But I should get it posted one day!

Shiny Marill: Thanks, I always thought crossover would be a good idea. It is, but it takes a lot of work and a lot of editing, re-editing and re-re-editing! It's not like you can edit whenever you feel like it, both of you have to be online for at least an hour to work it all out.

Thanks for the flattery!

Karania: I will try, and of course get it posted ASAP. Unfortunately, the fact remains that I haven't really started it yet!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

I'm loving the crossover. It's great to be able to see the story from another perspective.
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

That's fine. Just post it when you finish it.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

MTR: So you're reading EBTV and LTL sides of the crossover? Cool. You'll probably get a better insight into the characters and how they see each other if you read both versions. I'm really thrilled that you like it so far.

Karania: I will post ASAP!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

So far, the crossover is really good!I think that it's going to be great.

P.S. I read the EBTV part too.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

i liked it when Lisa said 'Jessica was no doubtebly thinking of shopping' on this and on the EBTV Jess said 'I rpelied with hmms and umms, thinking of shopping' LOL

its great seeing both sides of this tale, it's really cool.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

Just a very quick update. I'm currently about a fifth of the way through the second crossover chapter. It looks promising so far, and should reach somewhere between 4000 and 5000 words.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

That was a good chapter. I liked how Lisa and Jessica got out of the room through the cieling! When Lenina found them in the room with Phil, it seemed that she was expecting to to see them there.

They just need to get that gun away from her. Then they could all gang up on her and Slowbro.

I hope all of you are having a nice holiday.
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Master Kirby: Hi there! Hope you're having a great holiday season and that you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year. I'm happy that you liked that chapter (the first new one! yayyy!).

Lenina WAS expecting to see them in the room, I mean, the ceiling escape, as you might have noticed, was just a test of the girls' thinking and ingenuity. There was an air vent cover, but no duct. Lenina was seeing exactly how smart her captives were.

The next chapter shall reveal all ... well, not really, but ... you know.

Cheers!

PS: I'm almost half-way through the final crossover chapter! Sorry it's taken so long everyone for these last few chapters to come, but I promise the next three will be coming less than a week apart.

Lisa the Legend

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

If these next chapters are taking this long to finish (meaning no disrespect), then they MUST be good. Don't be too long.
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Zeldafan20: hi there! I don't remember seeing you around before! Thanks for reading!

The next chapter is taking so long because we need to be online at the same time to write it with no problems. I am already writing chapter 33.

Oh, and for anyone else who is considering writing a crossover, think really carefully ... it's a headache!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend