Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend (Chapter 54 up!)

T_M_L: I remember, you were one of my earliest readers ... well, as long as you are plodding away somewhere, that's good enough for me!

Karania: There you are! I knew you'd return eventually! I'm glad you liked the chapters, and yes, the intensity is building as we approach the climax of this book. Thanks for reading, as always.

I just have one question for everyone - and it sounds stupid to ask - but is this still good? I mean, is everyone still enjoying reading LtL these days? Make no mistakes about it, I'm not quitting or anything ... just wondering if it's still enjoyable to read or if it has become lacklustre of late ...? Like I said, a dumb and pretty pathetic question, but I really am doubting some of the latest chapters, especially after reading some of my better ones back in this fic's heyday.

I'll stop now. Just wanted to get some feedback on the quality of this - if it's still got the fun, the magic, that I think it used to have more than it does now ...

In other news, did my Applicable Maths final exam today and it went really well (I hope). Now to study for History ...

It's odd, but I seem to post more during my actual exam weeks than I do in the lead-up to them ^^

Cheers!

- Gavin.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Heh, you know, that's actually an interesting question to ask. First, let me say that this is clearly as good as your earlier chapters, if not far better. It's obvious that you have vastly developed as a writer, and it's truly excellent to see the progression of this fic. To me, it is every bit as enjoyable now as it was when we first entered the extraordinary world of Lisa.

About this fic having the same "magic" as it did back then... Well, to be perfectly honest, retaining that through the duration would be extraordinarily difficult at best. (Wait, wait, I have a good explanation for this, believe me! Don't beat me yet! I bruise easily!) Twenty or thirty chapters ago, many things in this fanfic were very, very mysterious. We didn't know who was behind anything, what purpose anyone in the shadows had, or frankly why anyone other than Lisa did anything. What we had was a young girl travelling about, lost in the mist of uncertainty while various events and confrontations - many of which were unexplained - rampaged about her.

But, as is inevitable with writing, mysteries must eventually be explained. Now we know something of Team Rocket (or, rather, of the Union, as we now know it to be). We know a bit more about Lunanine's motives. We know what happened to Professor Oak. And we even have a bit of an idea about what may well be the final mystery of LTL, in that it involves Lisa as well as mystical keys. So you see, many mysteries have been revealed.

And because we now have answers to many of the questions which initially puzzled us, the fic has lost some of the mysteriousness behind it. We no longer have the puzzlement over those things, which now appear almost basic, to keep us going. The wonders of the magician can, to our astonishment, be logically explained. But you know what? We still want to read this fic. Why? Maybe it's because of the overall plotline, which we are still fascinated over. Maybe it's because of the intriguing and diverse characters, whose actions and plights have captured our attention from the first chapter. Or maybe it's owed to the superb writing style, which allows even the most mundane events or speech to be conveyed expertly and entertainingly. But whatever the reason, we're still reading, and we don't want to stop.

And on another note, I post quite a bit more when I shouldn't, as well. I should be studying in-depth for a midterm exam, which is technically tomorrow (as it is currently four in the morning where I live). But why study when you can procrastinate? Woo!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

Well, mr_pikachu said it so eloquently that there's not much for me to improve upon. But yes, your fic is just as intriguing as ever, because we still want to see how the plot will unfold. Your writing style is indeed excelent, as well.
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I'd have to agree with mr_pikachu as well with the fact mainly being that when the story began all aspects of the story were at best a complete mystery until the gist of the story began to work itself out over the course of many chapters, and I must say that I've enjoyed reading it greatly. This is the treat I look to to give me a boost when I can't do anything else, so keep up the good work!
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I have an exam tomorrow.

mr_pikachu: Thank you. Lol - that's all I can really say, because you made sense of everything I was worried about: that this wasn't good enough anymore, that it had lost it's essence ... but, well, everything you said was awesome. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTR: Good Lord, I thought you had evaporated! Hehehe ... thanks for replying. And thanks for the compliments/feedback.

Karania: Ditto.

Thanks guys, I knew it was stupid to be asking you guys stuff like that, but what you've said has pretty much been enough stimulus to motivate me again with this entire fic.

THANK YOU.

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Whoa I'm here.

I saw Ch54 but for some reason told myself I'd read it. But I hadn't.

Whoa. I'm losing it.

Anyway great chapter Gavin. One reason it really worked was because you kept the writing ability as sharp as ever throughout the chapter. Sometimes I've seen the content completely collapse during a chapter which is based purely on information. But the consistency was excellent.

You also managed to keep it interesting, which is a difficult feat considering so much is new information. I (and I think everyone else) managed to digest all the facts well.

Oak's story was interesting, and everything folding together is starting to excite me. Excellent work, once again!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Chris 2.0: Hi again. Great to see you back ... after you have tripped out ^^. Thanks for reading this anyway. It's good that you still liked the chapter despite all the content ... that's what I was worried about, that it would collapse because there was so much in it ... but it must have worked out all right.

Mwahaha ... yes, everything is coming to plan! Next few chapters should be fun ... next book will be even better.

Oh, and history exam just finished an hour ago - and it was poo, pretty much. Now - English study!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Gaaah History's a gash subject anyway.

Gash = crap/pointless/rubbish etc.

English? Now there's something we can all enjoy (Shows off his marks for GCSE English: A* Language, A Literature)

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I for one am really interested as to how exactly Lance ties in to the story as far as the Union is involved. My guess is that since he was a member of the G-Men in the cartoon series that might have something to do with it at least in some way. But I don't really know what exactly is going to happen, except that you're killing me since I can hardly wait to see what's going to happen since I really like Lance. So please don't make me die of anticipation, and while I know that you have a lot going on, I can't help but be anxious. Looking forward to an update! See ya around.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Chris: Agreed completely! Had English this morning, which is my strong point ... I reckon it went really well, which is always a good sign.

Karania: Ah, Lance's involvement, you ask? Not telling, of course! But don't die of anticipation, all will be revealed ... well ... not for AGES yet ... but a little bit will be revealed at the end of this book, at least.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Oh goody, can hardly wait.... If I sound sarcastic its because I'm sick with a cold I can't for the life of me seem to shake off.... Loking forward to seeing how Lance ties in to all this. It looks interesting so far. See ya round!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 55 up! (26/11/05)

Awesome, a new chapter! You got me all excited a couple of hours before when the "Who's Online" thingie said you were posting here, but I guess you had some last-minute editing to do. Still, I'm glad to see another chapter of this fic today!

Very nice description to kick off the chapter. I was a little surprised by it, but I suppose I should've expected Gavin to need something like that. I really liked that opening, though; it definitely set the tone for the beginning of this update. Good battle description overall, too. It was fairly easy to picture most of the action thanks to your explicit portrayal. Nice work. And good closing as well... even if it was yet another classic LTL cliffhanger. *glares*

A little more editing might have been beneficial, though. I saw a few grammatical flaws that were far more blatant than the insanely obscure stuff I usually have to dig to find. There were a few possessive words that were missing apostrophes ("Mortys" and "Vulpixs") as well as a quoted sentence which was inappropriately broken in two by a period (the first period in “ Believe it or not,” Lisa said. “ I had a dream.” should be a comma). Also, there were a couple of sentences that I thought could have been a little more concise for more emphasis, but that was merely an aesthetic concern. I was a little surprised at the outright grammar issues, because it's unlike you to have such problems in your writing. ...And that's actually a compliment, not an insult. You're usually great at detecting these things yourself.

But even with points like that, this was still a great chapter. The emotion you conveyed early on between Gavin and Lisa was superb, and while I caught on to the surprise before Lisa was certain of it, your narrative still made the turnaround quite exciting. I was highly impressed by the passion which was evident throughout this chapter. You did a great job with this one, and I look forward to seeing what lies off the edge of this, your latest cliffhanger! Until the next chapter!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Excellent work. I loved the fight against the Union members, and the sudden realization that they can't spend their time hiding. I wonder who the mole is that the Union members were discussing? A much-needed ally for the next chapter?

Keep it up

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

looks good, can't wait to see what happens from here on now that it seems that you can't trust those you thought you could trust... This is getting complicated... I might have to start making a chart to keep track of whose bad and whose good... I hope Lisa didn't give anything away by mentioning Lance's name to Morty, that wouldn't be good if the Union found out. Hope to see more, see ya around.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Gday.

Kinglerlord2: HOLY POOP ON A STICK x2. I thought I'd never see you again! Welcome back! Lol ... it's really good to see you back! Hehehe ... have fun wading through 40 odd chapters

Thanks for coming back, hey, and I hope you can catch up soon. Oh, and please repost Silva! That was one of the best fics here, back in the day (well, in my opinion, anyway).

mr_pikachu: Hey. Thanks for reading so quickly (as always). Hurrah, I'm really glad you liked that kind of opening for the chapter, because I spent ages agonising over how this chapter was going to begin, and in the end I spontaneously wrote that, without even thinking about it, and when I sat back and read it I thought, "Yes, that's it, it needs to happen." And it worked. Yay. I threw in a bit more description in this chapter as opposed to the last couple, mainly because the battle gave me the chance to do so. And I think it was that that I really enjoyed: I haven't written a decent battle since ... oh ... the last crossover, or maybe even further back ... so this was well overdue.

As for the editing, I'm so annoyed about that! I was extremely tired as I wrote it, and I actually had the correct grammar there (ie Morty's and Vulpix's) but then I thought "no that's not right" and removed them. ^_^ I've fixed it now anyway. And yeah, that other mistake was pretty obvious too, I usually would pick that up ... ah well. Thanks for the comments Seeya next chapter!

Chris 2.0: Thanks! I loved the fight in this chapter too, it was the most fun to write! The next chapter will bring the mole back into the fold and should see even more action than this chapter. As the closing of this chapter probably indicated, the end of the book is nigh. Lisa, Gavin and the Professor are charging into action, into the unknown. And most importantly, as you mentioned, we got to see Lisa realise that running and hiding isn't going to work: she's going to have to steel herself and rush in headlong at the challenges she faces.

^^ Wow, can I harp on about my stories or what?

Karania: Hi! Yes, deception is beginning to be revealed at last! Heh, I hope it's not getting too complicated for you to enjoy it still! As usual, I'm saying nothing about Lance.

Thanks again everyone for reading. Next chapter coming soon.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Hey, Gavin.

I'm a new guy at TPMF and writer of the new YGO fic 'Yu-Gi-Oh! 3.0, Next of Kin,' the sequel to ark Sage's YGO Junior fics; I first heard about you and your fic when reading Dark Sage's 'Pokemonese,' and seeing that you had a long Poke-fic going as well, I decided to check it out.

I've read all 55 chapters over the past few weeks, and while I think it may be a bit dark and non-Poke-oriented for a Pokemon fic, I will say that it is a deep and damn-good plot; I'll read it until the end, which I thought was a while ago; I never knew this fic was three-in-one! Still, this is quite an interesting story, albeit the chapters are kind of long, but they're also very descriptive. And your last chapter went up on my mom's birthday, which is a cool coincidence. I like all the made-up Pokemon in your fic; I've had made-up ideas, too, but alas, I've no fic to put them in.

Anyway, I'm rambling like I usually end up doing, so I'll jusyt be on my way now. See y'all later.

-Blademaster

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Blademaster! Welcome to Fanfic (I know you've been around for a while now, but I've yet to say hi). Thanks so much for reading - all 55 chapters must have taken a helluva long time ^^

I took a look at the beginning of your fic the other day, and it looks good at a glance; I've yet to read it because I'm sure I'm out of my depth plot-wise, but I'll definitely give it a go.

I'm glad you like the LTL's plot. ^^ You're spot on by saying it's not very pokemon-ish ... after the League battles back in chapter 36-37, I more or less began to phase out the focus on pokémon in the fic, purely because I'm not into pokémon anymore and it was becoming too difficult to keep writing about it. But after writing the cool battle in Chapter 55 I think the pokémon aspect will be making a bit of a comeback in future chapters (yay). And there will be one or two new pokémon also!

Geez, I can ramble on about nothing.

Also, about chapter length, I am trying to keep them generally shorter now; as in, mostly under 5000 words (except last chapter ^^). I used to aim for 3000 max, but that kind of went out of the window as I began putting in more description ...

Yes, anyway *cough* I've crapped on for long enough now. Thanks very much for reading Blademaster, and I really hope you like the next chapters! I've already begun Chapter 56, which is surprising in itself, and it's coming along nicely.

I don't know how many chapters I'm going to draw this finale out over, though, it just keeps going!!

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Hehe. I was worried that I'd have a pile of chapters to read since I last visited TPM.

Very sweet. The plot is unraveling quite nicely. I think I'll have to reread LTL again because after reading the new chapters, I've realized that I don't remember the earlier stuff as much as I'd like, hehe.

Awesome chapters, btw. This fic hasn't lost any steam since the start :)

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi Pokemasterfrank, good to see you back here again! Thanks for reading these latest ones. I'm glad you think the new stuff is as good as the old stuff, because I was a bit worried about that a while ago. Hope you can stick around for the next installments.

Thanks muchly, and seeya next chapter! Chapter 56 = good so far.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer

Okay, Gavin, thanks.

I forgot a few things I wanted to mention, though:

1. I suggested this to Dark Sage in response to Pokemonese (And STILL haven't gotten an answer...grr...), but it'd be kinda cool for any Poke-fic to have at the end of the chapter that a made-up one appears in a Pokedex entry, y'know?

Name: Fiskmire
    Type: Water/Ground
    Species: Mudskipper
    Height: 4'9" (1.4 m)
    Weight: 132 lbs. (58 kg)
    Data: Capable of burrowing through the ground and swimming through the water, this Pokemon is adept in and out of water. It can draw up to 5.5 gallons (20 L) of air or water into the spiked protrusions across its body, then expel them with surprising force.

There! Now, that's a good feature to add, huh?

...Well, maybe not, but it couldn't hurt...

2. Not to be rude, but I'm American, what do you expect? :biggrin:
    Your screen name-Gavin Luper-if it's just regular words, is not a phrase I'm familiar with, and if they're names, I've never heard them in this country. Where'd 'Gavin Luper' come from, pray tell?

3. Aipom is a spastic little troublemaker and a Pokemon I personally don't really like; he should evolve in the future, y'know? It'd be cool to see him as a sharp-toothed purple gorilla smacking the crap out of everything! It'd probably have a cool name, too...

...Like Maungatan.

Anyway, I'm sorry; I'm...spamming...or something, aren't I? I'm rambling, too; I'm spambling. :p

Anyway, I'm outta questions, so I'll be leaving, now. Later.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone! :biggrin:

Blademaster: Heh. Damn Americans (that was a joke!).

1. About the made-up pokédex entry thing, I've vaguely thought about doing them for myself before, but I couldn't be bothered. Knowing me, I'd forget something I'd written in the pokédex entry and it would clash with the chapter content, causing a marvellous plot-hole!

... okay, maybe not ... it's not a bad idea, I might do one for Lunanine, Fiskmire, Issechu (ah, Issechu) and the others at some stage. Not at the end of a chapter though, but in some random post when I'm stuck on a chapter.

Nice pokédex for Fisky, btw.

2. Gavin Luper, as you might know, is the full name of the character Gavin in LTL. I always had liked the name Gavin for a character ( ), and I had used it once before in my fic Pokémon Kohtu, which I posted back in 2001 a few days before I posted LTL. When I kind of stopped writing that fic, I moved on to LTL and introduced Gavin into the story in chapter 5. I chose the surname Luper, because I like the latin term 'Lupe' which refers to a Wolf, and since 'Lupin' had already been taken by JK Rowling, I made up "Luper".

Thus, I my screen name came from the character Gavin Luper: needless to say, Luper is not my real surname. ^_^ So yeah, it's just a name: have you never heard the name Gavin before?

3. Lol ... I really have a soft spot for Aipom, I always have. His annoyingness is just part of him. I don't see him evolving at any stage in this fic. If he did evolve, Aipom is the kind of creature who would spontaneously de-volve back to his original form, or something ridiculous like that. So, no evolution for Aipom - at least, not yet.

Thanks for the reply!

Everyone: Well, I just thought I'd reply today to say that today is the 4th Anniversary of the first time I ever posted Lisa the Legend on TPM, or anywhere for that matter. December 1, 2001, was when I first posted the Prologue! And here we are on December 1, 2005, and the fic's still going strong!

So yeah, just thought I'd mention it, today is the fic's 4th 'Birthday' so to speak (technically I started writing it earlier). In any case, it's been FOUR YEARS today!! So I'd just like to thank all readers, posting readers as well as closet readers, for reading all these years and for helping to make LTL the great story it is now (well, I think so ). I hope there's more 'anniversaries' to come for this fic, too!

Happy Fourth Anniversary, Lisa the Legend! :biggrin: :smilie:

Cheers everyone!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer

WHAAAT!? How dare you insult the almighty Americans?! We're the biggest country on Earth!

...Well, actually, that's Russia.

Okay, we're the most populous country on Earth!

...Oh, no, that's China.

Well, we're the most technologically advanced country on...

...Or, maybe not-that's Japan.

Well, we've got the coolest history...

No, that's Egypt.

Uh...the most class?

No, that's England.

We're the...rudest?

No, France is ruder than us.

...We're the most rich and famous?

YEAH, WE ARE!

...But no one else cares...

Anyway, thanks dude.

Hmmm... Gavin, huh?

...Ah well, odds are you've never heard a lot of the crazy names in this country; I honestly know I dude named Chadozion, and that's probably the wrong spelling! :smilie: Ah, well...

And hooray for Lisa the Legend! Hooray for Gavin!

(runs off to find Australian-American-Japanese cake)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 56 up! (13/12/05)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Kirby
    Seeing as the good guys are probably outnumbered ten-to-one, this would be a good time for a Legendary such as Ho-oh to come to their aid. It wouldn't be the first time Ho-oh helped Lisa. Around the time when she saw Entei "die", Ho-oh flew her across the continent. In chapter 55, Ho-oh sensed that something was wrong, and left its perch atop the Tin tower. I think its time for a little super-power intervention!
    Wouldn't that be a bit deus ex machina?

Anyway, woo for new chapter. I don't really have much to say that I haven't said already...can't wait for the next chapter (though I've probably said that a couple of times already, too ).

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Pokemasterfrank: Thanks very much for the read - hopefully you won't have long to wait for the next chapter!

Haven't started Chapter 57 yet, but at work today I had a deluge of ideas for the rest of Lisa the Legend - from plot ideas for Book 3 to the very end of the entire story. I couldn't be happier. I know where all this is going now ... so I can't wait to get stuck into it.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Hey Gavin, just letting you know that I'm still reading, trying to catch up. I'm at chapter 13 now I think... i just read the chapter heading but forgot it...

*Anyway* I'm still with it and loving it all over again.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Kinglerlord2: Wow, you're making your way through this pretty quickly. Well done is all I can say. And thanks muchly for reading and replying, of course; I hope you like the later chapters as well.

And I'm going to reread Silva tonight. Or tomorrow. And reply to it. Just haven't had time yet, what with Christmas shopping and work and stuff.

Chapter 57 has begun and is looking pretty good! Although, perhaps not for Lisa herself ...

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Okay, well, I'm seriously doubting I'll have Chapter 57 up by Christmas, considering that is tomorrow and all. However, I have done quite a large chunk of the next chapter, more than half (about 3,500 words so far) and it is looking good. I can't say I like this chapter very much, because it's not easy to write or very ... normal ... it's very overwhelming, at least, the way I look at it it is, it seems quite surreal that things like this are happening to Lisa. But I think the story is unfolding as it needs to. The things in this chapter really do need to happen and the time has come for them to happen, so I'm forcing myself to write them.

Anyway, I'm guessing I won't be done by tonight/tomorrow, and I'll be away after Christmas for a few weeks, so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Sorry I didn't reply to the chapter before this, but finals have been nerve-wracking.

So Morty joined the enemy? That certainly was a shocker. I also thought that the battle was quite intense - especially when Lisa got shot. I only hope she manages to stop those guys from doing something really bad...like throw a bomb or something.

Oh well, don't leave us hanging for too long.
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Thanks Zeldafan20 for the reply! I don't have enough time to make a proper response - I'm at an internet cafe thing in Sydney airport, it's 7.30 am and I did NOT sleep last night. Anyway, just dropping by to say hi to everyone and that I obviously have not forgotten about LTL.

Time's running out so i g2g.

Happy New Year everybody!

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

I'm back, Gold Coast was a blast, but it's great to be back of course. I'm continuing Chapter 57 but it's difficult to do so - I don't have writer's block, but it's just difficult to write because I think what I have done so far is not quite right. It doesn't have the right feel about it. So I might be rewriting it, or at least some of it.

Will be done soon, hopefully! Thanks for your patience everyone!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 57 up! (16/01/05)

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Ada: I'm glad you liked the chapter in the end, it was good to get all these things outside of me and onto the page. Yes, Lance knows a very great deal and he has told some of this to his son - the things that happened this chapter will be a bit more clear after next chapter. Oh, the blob thing wasn't some token thing thrown in there to break Lisa's fall - have I ever done something as random as that? I definitely hope not. We haven't seen the last of it.

I know where you're coming from with the whole Lisa-saving-Veronica thing, but I reckon it (as you also said) was necessary - otherwise I don't think it would be realistic to see Lisa just leap out to save her enemy without a moment's hesitation. Overall, though, I'm stoked that you like this chapter ... seeya next chapter.

Blademaster: Heh, thanks for reading. The Union wasn't looking for Entei - but not to worry, I'm sure that it's a confusing story to follow. As I said to Ada, the blob thing has future relevance, but not right now.

Thanks for the support - looking at this chapter again, I actually like it quite a lot. I think my apprehension came from actually 'releasing' the chapter to the world as opposed to worrying about the chapter itself. On the whole, I'm so glad that this chapter didn't feel long or tedious to those of you who were reading it. Hope to see you next time!

Master Kirby: Your ability to read between the lines in this fic never ceases to amaze me ... you might be onto something. Thanks for reading again.

Yes, Entei was killed by Suicune in chapter 33. But ... well ... things are never what they seem in this fic, apparently. Also, you're right about Gavin's psychic powers - they have returned to him, but throughout that chapter he was unconscious ... so he had no chance to use them. More about this in later chapters.

It annoys me that there were so many grammar problems, but oh well; you guys are all actually a lot better at picking them up than I am.

About next chapter ... read further down.

Brian: You've hit the nail on the head, I was always going to be difficult to begin to spill the beans on what's actually been going on behind the scenes all this time.

Thanks for the comments - especially the description ones.

Indeed, the tension waned, but I tried to manage the escape as best I could. As for grammar, I noticed problems in the chapter too (well, I didn't pick them up, but I knew it didn't flow properly). Yeah, I used way too many ellipses. I also thought I overdid it on the semi-colons, but thankfully nobody seemed to mind. I will try to improve in the next chapter, which is much less action packed.

Glad you liked the end, too.

*phew* That took awhile. I don't know why I actually set time aside to reply to reader's replies, but it seems like the right thing to do. And I quite like it.

I'm now working on the next chapter, Chapter 58, which is the quintessential chapter you have probably been wanting to happen (I know I definitely have): the chapter with actual explanations that, for the first time, will actually answer some things. I'm taking it slow because there is a LOT of stuff to wade through here, and of course I have to make sure it all fits in with my notes and all the hints I've dropped, etc. But not to worry, it is coming along quite nicely already.

In between writing bursts for Chapter 58, I've also been adding to my notes and plans, and in a very JK-Rowlingish moment, I discovered the very last chapter of LTL that I began to write a couple of years ago, and I've begun to write it again. So that's quite interesting to do, the final chapter of all - still, it will probably be easier to do now than later, because when the time comes I'll probably be too sentimental to write it.

Anyway, back to the fic ... thanks again to everyone for reading and replying - closet readers, please reply! I really do like to hear your feeback!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

wow. when i first read this it was no more then a few chapters long. but that was a few years ago. You still have the touch Gavin. I will most definitly will be waiting for Chapter 58

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

PersianKing: Hi! Thanks for reading again after so long. This story is still going ... and it looks like it'll be going for some time yet. Thanks so much for the reply! Chapter 58 is progressing OK, I'm taking my time with it in the hope that the more time I spend on it, the better it will play out. I hope. ^^

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 57 up!

Both chapters look great, sorry I haven't been on lately but I've been swamped with schoolwork and all that. It looks like something's gonna break loose if it hasn't already and by golly bring it on! This is getting intense and I can't wait to see what happens from here, so I'll be back for the next chaptter whenever that'll be.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi Karania, thanks for the reply!

The next chapter is progressing really well everyone, I'm probably about a third of the way through it, which I reckon is pretty good considering how slowly I'm taking it. I like the way it's playing out and I don't want to do anything to ruin that chemistry, like rushing it too much. But so far, it's turning out better than expected. I'm quite pleased with this chapter.

Expect it up soon!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer

Huh, you know, if you posted a new chapter as often as you posted a reply, you'd have been done a long time ago. ^_^

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

xD @ blademaster.

well i promised you i'd read it.
    and so finally I have read it.

very well written chapter, um... I enjoyed it immensley. I liked the suspence, and that you didn't waste time on boring detail.
    I dont remember though, is this the first time that Lisa has met her father? Hmm... I really should oneday re-read this xD could take me more than a day.
    hahah

anyway much love
    and i hate you for not coming to sydney for longer
    xoxo
    <3 tara

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Blademaster: Your logic is impeccable.

Tara: Hurrah! You finally read it! I'm glad you liked it, seeing as I didn't like it very much.

Is this the first time Lisa's met her father??? Of course not. He raised her for 14 years of her life. ^^ But as far as the fic goes, this is one of his first proper appearances - the same goes for Lisa's mum. They both made brief appearances in Chapter 26, and again in Chapters 31 and 32, then at Christmas in Chapter 39 and finally Lisa's Mum was in Chapter 41 ... but they have never had any real role thus far, nor have I ever actually described them properly. But we'll see them more in the next two chapters.

Thanks again ... and bleh, I'll return to Sydney one day, I'm sure.

Everyone: Chapter is already quite long and I'm nowhere near finishing yet. Part of me likes it and part of me hates it; this is the chapter when the truth is finally revealed in its entirety. And it's very hard to write.

But hey, enough of me crapping on about my story. I'll get back to writing it and post the next damn chapter ASAP.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Haha, I actually read that from my mobile phone last night.

What's happened to Lisa's Pokemanz? And Aipom for that matter.

I think the big pulsating thing is Entei being reborn, like yea... Everyone being let get away or KOed was sad. I wanted physical violence!

Um, also Lisa's dad!? What happened to Bulbsaur and Ditto or something. I don't know... What about Lisa's mum?

A great chapter!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey Oz ... long time no see. EBTV still progressing??

I let everyone escape for a reason, believe me. Otherwise it would most definitely have been fun to see the Union people get destroyed. But nope, it didn't happen.

Yuss, Lisa's parents return, hurrah!

EDIT: Oh, right, progress report. Chapter 58 is still coming along, still just as slowly, I'm afraid. I'm getting there eventually, but there's really nothing new to report yet.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend