Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

yup, I'm definately looking forward to the new stuff! Looking forward to the next chapter! hmmmmm....... let's see..... YAY! Two more exams and I'm home free for Christmas! YAHOO! See ya around for the new stuff~! over and out, ta ta, see ya later.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Banned

hey!!! i'm reading eh... chapter 7ish.... gogogo me!

btw Pancake is mistdeedee????? (i'm guessing, there is only one author of LVH right? or is my memory going nuts again)

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Tara: Grazie, signorina!

Karania: New stuff hopefully coming soon. Emphasis on the word HOPEFULLY.

DK: Welcome back once again! Only 44 chapters left to read! Wooo! And yeah, PancaKe = Mist ... she changed her name earlier this year just to confuse everyone. I think it was after she ate a great many pancakes (or something like that) ... her sig had a pancake stack and a jug of maple syrup in it for weeks...

Hopefully you enjoy reading this anyway, obviously it has so many things that need to be fixed, particularly in the chapters you've read, but hopefully it's acceptable anyway. In any case, I've begun a rewrite

Everyone: I've actually started the next chapter! Can it be true??????

^_^

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Banned

hey!!!! just updating u heh :p I'm at about page 40!! which is uh... chapter 50

and i just have to say, WOW! after about chapt 20ish, everything just picked up and it was like reading the work of a whole new person! its great, but annoyingly i seem to get that funny characters instead of punctuations still. any ideas?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

well looking forward to any new updates, and keep up the good work.
    Step follows step, Hope follows courage,Set your face toward danger, Set your heart on victory, Victory for Bamarre!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

looks good, keep up the good work and continue when you can.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Brian: Thanks for reading, as always. I know this chapter seemed like I skimmed over a lot, which is true, and I included some things that probably weren't that captivating. I suppose I just wrote what I felt was necessary to move everything along in the right manner. I know this chapter was far from my best, and the structure wasn't great, but I'm ao desperate to move on to the next book, that I wrote it quickly. I still think it's good though - if I do say so myself ^^ I really can't wait to tie up book two and move on - it's been hugely difficult to write. But thanks for reading, and the remarks on the setting - cheers!

Tara: Hey. Thanks I know how long it takes me to write these things - if it's any consolation, I hope to have the next chapter up in a week or two.

Daniel? Gavin? Heh. This is just the beginning - I usually spend the last couple of chapters of my books putting in place things that will happen in the next book. Most things I put in have some meaning or other ... I think ...

Karania: thanks once again! With any luck, I'll be on a roll and start churning out chapters.

It's so good to be 'back' and writing again, after a quarter of a year without a new chapter. So happy. And everyone's still replying after so long - thanks so much.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

as always, continue when you can. Looking forward to an update and dang it....... I just realizeed I have a Zoology test tomorrow. What a way to kill an evening....... *stomps off to go study*

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Wow, that last part almost made my hair stand on end: talk about suspense! I wonder what that overgrown...uh...whatever-it-is wants with them now?

I can't wait to see what happens next. Keep in touch.
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

still looking forward to updates, whenever that is and the textbooks haven't eaten me alive yet, though they're pretty darn close....... Zoology test...... no word bank...... grrr!! See ya 'round.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Uh-oh, Lunanine + angry = not good. Might solve some mysteries about the curse on Gavin and his family though. (By the way, been caught up in homework, that's why the reply's so late.) The contest was okay, I know it's to get a buggy to go back home but it still seems weird that they'd enter a contest at a time like this. I don't really think that Daniel was being too friendly, but since you portrayed his friendliness in a mildly negative light (though I still disagree), there must be something up.
    Looking forward to next chapter.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I survived my test, just thought you'd want to know and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.... ended up being Multiple Choice.... You never know with college professors.... well, I'll be back soon for the next installment, until then, see ya!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Just making the usual 2-week update post --- nothing much has happened in terms of the next chapter, I'll let you all know when something gets written.

Oh, good on ya Karania! It's good when a test is surprisingly easy, makes for a pleasant surprise after a night of nervous studying.

Lisa the Legend

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Couldn't that then be considered spam? ^.~

Anyway, congrats on the test Kariana. or however you spell ur name. ^_^ and yeah, Gavin, write something bitch!

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

El gasp :O

Hehe, reread the whole thing :D All 52 chapters :O

The story's really getting interesting. While reading that chapter before the dream one, I had this strange feeling that that person in the car is Lance...

Speaking of Lance, he was speaking of lost keys...weren't the Legendaries talking about keys too...or maybe it was the Union? o_O Or both...

Uber stuffs. Can't wait till the next chapter :D

EDIT: *stabs the default smileys*

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Tara: I'm trying!

pokemasterfrank: Hey!! Haven't seen you round here for a long time. Welcome back. Oh, and congratulations on rereading all of LTL ... it's not a feat I would even consider doing, so well done! Thanks for reading.

The story is getting so interesting to me, too, but I've - in terms of the plot - painted myself into a corner, so I have to work out how to get myself out of it. And interesting - very interesting - point about the keys. I think you're the first one to mention the link there. I've said it before to people at various times - if you want more clues to what's happening, read a few chapters previously.

I've been snowed under with school work all year so far, even the Easter break was a no-go, because I was so busy with family and homework ... but the two-week holidays start on April 7th, which gives me a bit of time to write! The huge slow in speed of my writing isn't so much because the writing is hard any more, it's that I've made some stupid mistakes in a few recent chapters which just screws the storyline around, and I don't like that.

I'm working on it anyway. Thanks for reading, everyone, and please keep up your support for me and Lisa the Legend - we are going to really need it this year. Final year of high school is no picnic.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I'm going to borrow the opening line from John Marsden's The Dead of Night:

DAMN THIS WRITING!

Yes, I began the next chapter and got exhausted within half an hour, so not much has happened yet. Does anyone else know the feeling that you've painted yourself into a corner?

Anyhow ... it's coming. Holidays are officially beginning as of 4 hours ago.

Ryu Slayer X 2.0: Hey, welcome back. Very long time, no see. Hee ... computers suck, especially slow ones. Hope you have fun rereading, it should be fun. Or something to that effect ^^

I wouldn't say the plot gets weird ever, it certainly changes after about chapter 20, ie. from the beginning of the second book. LTL's split up into three books: the first was very light and later got enough mystery in it to make it interesting; the second book has been a lot deeper and a lot darker, to the extent that I don't like writing it anymore. The chapter I'm working on now, chapter 53, is the last chapter of book 2.

The Third and Final Book will be a blend of the moods of the two books - it's going to be a lot brighter and less dark, although the same storyline will be going on beneath it all. I'm pretty sure I can make it all mesh together nicely in the next book, but, as far as this book goes, I'm quite jaded by the same stuff over and over again, to be frank. Less evil stuff in book 3, more mysteries, more answers, more fun, more characterisation and more realism is what I'm planning.

Let's hope I get the show on the road soon, ey.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yes it has been a long time, hasent it? and I am going to be reading the secent Cross over soon athought I dare not read Andy's part just yet. but anyways I just want to let you know that I am up to Chapter 41.

anyways as I may have said in the past this Fic is coming along nicely,the plot is thinking very nicely indeed.

Oh and the resion why I had my name changed was do to the fact that I was tired of explaing why I called my self a Dragon slayer and yet am in fact a tamer, so yes thats one of the main reasions why had it chaged to Charles Legend, Darn you Gavin your fic and Andy's are very adictive to read.... =/

~Charles legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Heh, this name IS a lot easier for you to explain, I'm sure.

Chapter 41 ... Waterfalls and Warnings? That's the chapter before one of the ones I had most fun writing, but I won't spoil it for you.

Ignore the end of chapter 42, btw. I hope everyone has. It'll be clear later.

Still writing, still working. I maintain my promise that the next book will be a lot better in that it will all mesh together and flow a LOT better than this book has.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper
    Heh, this name IS a lot easier for you to explain, I'm sure.

Chapter 41 ... Waterfalls and Warnings? That's the chapter before one of the ones I had most fun writing, but I won't spoil it for you.

Ignore the end of chapter 42, btw. I hope everyone has. It'll be clear later.

Still writing, still working. I maintain my promise that the next book will be a lot better in that it will all mesh together and flow a LOT better than this book has.

Cheers!
    yes it is, btw I find it odd that I called LtL weird at frist but oddly enough I find that I have became adicted to reading it because I found that I like this story a lot.

by the way you desribed Lunanine at the end of Chapther 52(findly I cought up) he looked rather Po'd about somthing I wounder why, also is he suposted to be evil or somthing becuse the way you desribe his ations it shere sounds like he might be oh and I also think that guy in the Limo was Lance, just a hunch, but I think his plans invoved Lesia and Gavin......

Speeking of Lunanine, I bet you would get Quite mad if some one eles used him in their fic as well, am I right Gavin? just asking it's not like I started a Projet that invoves him and the other beasts, since I am no where near your skill level of writing.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Nearly a month since I last replied ... so sorry, everyone, nothing new to report yet - still plodding along very slowly.

Charles Legend: LTL is addictive? Heh, cool! Glad to hear that you like it. As for the story, Lunanine is pretty angry, you'll find out why in the next chapter.

I think if someone else used Lunanine in their story I wouldn't be happy at all. It would be very sad. I've created Lunanine from scratch, he's like a teeny tiny part of my imagination. As is Gavin, and Lisa (more or less), and so on ... so yeah, I'd like to keep those kind of characters in the world that I created them in.

I'll try to get a move on, everyone. Thanks for the patience.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper
    Nearly a month since I last replied ... so sorry, everyone, nothing new to report yet - still plodding along very slowly.

Charles Legend: LTL is addictive? Heh, cool! Glad to hear that you like it. As for the story, Lunanine is pretty angry, you'll find out why in the next chapter.

I think if someone else used Lunanine in their story I wouldn't be happy at all. It would be very sad. I've created Lunanine from scratch, he's like a teeny tiny part of my imagination. As is Gavin, and Lisa (more or less), and so on ... so yeah, I'd like to keep those kind of characters in the world that I created them in.

I'll try to get a move on, everyone. Thanks for the patience.

Cheers!
    that's ok Gavin we can wait.

Yeah, not that long ago I was up all night untill 7:00 am ceaching up to the last Chapter. yeah I well beshere to read it I bet it has somthing to do with the luper famliy's Curse and the return of Gavin's psychic powers.

yeah, I figered you would thats why I Scaped the Idea of useing a younger vetion of it, but hey I know how you feel I would be upset to if Some one used one of my charters like for example I am toying with the Idea of Creating a very gifted Smeargle named Smears.

And besides looking at my plan, to try and redo my old fic. with a horble reget name, is more or less based in the univise where Vevasaur's fic Pokéness takes place.

so it would not have worked out to have Lunanine showing up at all, since both Fic take place in a difrent regent then Jotho or atlest part of mine Might... I still need to talk to Brian about it.... but at any rate your Creation is safe, I won't use it.

but you have Inspiered me in ways, that is you used an apom as leisa's starter thought Smears my not be Charles Starter, he dose fill an inporten role. but I am not telling you you well have to read to find out... that is when I post it up...

~Charls Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

looking forward to the next chapter. Lot going on here, about to start summer school, and trying to find time to write my own stories. Looking forward to an update and I'll be back as soon as something new happens.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

Ahh ... so good to be back ... welcome back everyone!

I've actually started writing the next chapter now! *gasp* Haven't done much, about 500 words or something, but it's a good start and I'm back in the swing of things now. Might be tacking a chapter on after this next one just to finish the book off nicely before Book 3 begins.

Well, it's back to working on the chapter *rubs hands in glee*

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

awesome! That's wonderful news! I was starting to wonder if the fic had fizzled out.... GLad to see it hasn't..... Keep up the good work, and I'll be back soon.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

This has been a bit of miserable year for the fic so far, hasn't it? I'm really sorry - there's only been ONE chapter posted since the year began, so you could be forgiven for thinking I've given up on LTL, but, well, the truth is far from that. I've had stacks of ideas, but I've had no real time to write, which means I've been storing ideas or jotting them down whenever I get a chance but not actually progressing much. Chapter 53 looks like nothing much, still, though I've done a fair bit on the first chapter of the next book, which looks to be pretty good so far.

My end of year exams are in 2 weeks, and will be over by September 23, so after that I might be able to churn out a chapter or two. If not, you'll probably be waiting until late November for the new stuff - that's when my TEE (Tertiary Entrance Exams) finish. So yeah, I AM working on Lisa the Legend, and it IS getting there, just slowly. By December, with school over forever, I should be back to the old days, which will be excellent, I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway, for now, it's back to my English Assignment.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 53 FINALLY up!

Good to see this rising up again. Ch53 was a really good read. From the initial twist that Lunanine had been protecting Lisa and Gavin from the Union, to Derek killing Ana and Karl, to the appearence of Oak, who has been looking for Lisa? Hmm.

Nice to have this back. I hope the exams went ok...when do you get the results? And I'm glad you managed to get this done. Let's see if I can read all 53 chapters again before Ch54 is reposted

Oh, and today I am oficially brace-free! The 18 years of this brace's reign have ended. And I look schmexy. Just thought I'd say that.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Dang it, you're leaving us with another freakin' cliffhanger. You just love doing this, don't you, Gavin? ARGH!

Well, as you can tell, I'm really looking forward to what'll happen next. Of course, it'll be another twenty chapters or so before we find out, because our surprise guest will probably get skewered by a falling stalagtite just as he begins to explain. After everything else that's happened, I'm sure you're just scrambling to find another way to keep your readers begging - no, screaming for mercy. Gavin Luper, the man of a thousand tortures. Catchy.

This was another great chapter, despite and perhaps partially due to the annoyance of the cliffhanger. I never would've guessed the truth about the ferocious Lunanine's appearance; very nice. Simple and yet surprising. Gavin's behavior, while also unexpected, seems to actually fit with his personality. Great piggyback rides... heh.

There were still a couple of things that I think could have been a little better grammatically, and that's ignoring the parts that were likely due to differences between the dialects of the U.S. and Australia. Not that they're big things... or anything beyond isolated incidents... but still!

If Gavin was being abducted again by the Union, surely he must be flooded with terrible memories?

“must be” is a present tense verb; since you’re writing in the past tense, the narration verbs need to stay in the past tense. Following with the word “flooded” doesn't change the tense of “must be”, unfortunately.

In the empty, drawn out wait, it became one of those things: once she noticed it, all she could do was focus on the discomfort, the pressure building in her head.

“one of those things”? If you could find a more descriptive (and thus more powerful) word or phrase to use than “things”, this might have a bit more force behind it.

“ And another thing, when you get picked up from the cave … tell the people who pick you up that I’ve got the O’Malley file and all it’s contents, except the third chapter, can you remember that?”

The word “it's” needs to be changed to its homonym twin, “its”. Also, I'm not sure about using that many commas to connect that many thoughts without conjunctions, even given some artistic license. There was a second sentence I jotted down that had the same sort of comma issue, but it's not important enough to necessitate another quote and suggestion.

On the other hand, your work is without question one of the best on TPM. The multiple ways in which you used the setting during this chapter were great, as was the irony of the surprise visitor at the end. I'm curious as to exactly how he thinks they have "all the time in the world", too, as that doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now. I suppose I'll just have to wait and find out next chapter. Well, I'll see you then!

P.S. I apologize for listing almost every single thing in the chapter that I thought could have been better. With some writers, that's the only way I have anything to talk about. You're at the top of that list.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Replies!

Chris 2.0: Thanks! I hope Ch53 met your expectations. And yes, Oak has been looking for Lisa ... mysterious indeed *evil laugh*.

My exams went pretty good I think, I'll get the results back at the beginning of next term, which is the 12th of October, at the latest, or some time next week if I email my teacher ^^

Yay for your emancipation from the brace, too!!!

mr_pikachu: Haha ... before I posted the chapter I actually wrote at the start "sorry about another cliffhanger!" but then I deleted it, as I realised it would completely ruin the enjoyment of the chapter! While I do enjoy leaving everyone in suspense for so long, though, I think the time is ripe for a few revelations to finally be made ... well ... eventually. I'm really excited about the next few chapters!

Hehe ... no comment on the stalagtite theory. But "Gavin Luper, the man of a thousand tortures"? Hmmm ... sounds somewhat evil.

Thanks a bunch for reading so soon. I realise there's bound to be several grammatical errors with that chapter especially: I wrote it quite eagerly and quite happily ignored the possibility of a proof read. But still, I think it read all right anyway. I quite liked this chapter, actually, more so than most. But I will take your advice on board; it's always appreciated, believe me.

^^ Thanks for the compliments, as always, and for the criticism too. See you next chapter!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Default Re: Lisa the Legend (Chapter 53 up! *NEW*)

After a 7+ month wait since the previous chapter, I am glad to say that that was not a "filler" chapter. That was quite a surprise when Lunanine just fell over after one buzzball shock. When that happened, I was expecting to find that it was a psychic illusion created by a psychic pokemon imitating Lunanune. For a second there, I thought that Gavin had gotten his psychic abilities back, and was testing Lisa.

So... Lunanine was actually PROTECTING them from the union, not just trying to attack Lisa and Gavin! that turns things around a bit. I wonder why Lisa didn't try throwing a pokeball at Lunanine when he went down? She could at least bring him to a pokecenter to get his wounds treated (if she wasn't captured)? He could be a big help later.

What I am wondering about now, is where Lunanine stands. Was he just protecting them this once, or is he now on their side like Suicune? Is he the Psychic pokemon that had attacked Gavin's family, or was that someone else?

With Professor Oak finally with them, maybe they will be able to make some sense of all the things going on. Has Lisa ever explained to him all of the events that have happened to her with the legendaries? Does she still have that object that Suicune gave her, back when whe was in that river? Was it a crystal bell or pokeball ore something of that sort?

With the talk of the keys, could that have to do with the key and ebony box that where in Lisa's dream in Chapter 51? There were also yellow and sapphire jeweled scepters. Could the keys be related to them? I'll certainly be waiting to find where this plot goes next. I'm glad Chap. 54 is coming along well.
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Master Kirby: Hi! Great to see you back!

Yep, Lunanine was actually protecting Lisa and Gavin against the Union. It clicked for Lisa when she realised that Lunanine should not have been taken down so easily, then she saw the wound he had obtained from the Union's attack on him. It clicked then that he had been there, glaring at the Union agents around them, waiting for them to make a move so he could protect Lisa and Gavin.

It took me about six months to work out how that was actually going to unfold - the long wait for this chapter was really because I couldn't work out exactly how to start it off. After I did, the rest flowed naturally!

Oh, and Gavin's psychic powers ARE back ... but he has yet to use them properly ... interesting, no?

Lisa didn't try to catch Lunanine because she honestly didn't even think of it; by the time he had been taken down, she was realising that they were surrounded by the Union. I doubt she would have tried it anyway, I wouldn't expect Lunanine, even unconscious, to be caught with one throw of a pokéball. And another thing, even if she had thought of capturing Lunanine for whatever reason, she physically couldn't have: at the start of the contest they were specifically allowed to take only three pokéballs with them. So even if she wanted to, Lisa didn't have a pokéball to catch Lunanine with. I'll keep quiet on Lunanine for now, I wouldn't want to ruin anything for you.

Oh, good foresight too: with Professor Oak with them in the cave, they will finally be able to ask him where he had disappeared to. Stay tuned for Chapter 54 for all that.

OH, and - FINALLY! Someone mentioned the dream Lisa had in Chapter 51! I won't divulge anything except that yes, it was highly symbolic and highly significant to everything that is happening now! Chapter 51 contains a goldmine of hints if you know how to read them!!

Anyhow, thanks for the reply! It's back to Chapter 54 for me, which is coming along very nicely!

Cheers!

EDIT: 2000th post! YAY! :biggrin:

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

Well, I've just about finished Chapter 54 now, it's going to be quite big by the time I finish it, probably about 6000 words or so. I should have it done by tomorrow, but I'll hold off posting it until the weekend, just because there are some readers who have yet to read Chapter 53, which was posted just last week (obviously), possibly because of the long wait since last chapter. So rather than lump two huge chapters onto them at once I'll give them some time to catch up!

Anyway, this next chapter should be good. It's not action-packed like some recent ones have been, but finally you guys get filled in on some backstory that I have been dying to reveal for literally YEARS now. I hope you like it.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Chapter 54 finished, I'll post it soon. I'm still holding off posting it just because I don't want to swamp readers with two huge chapters at once ... but otherwise, it's ready to go. Look for it tonight maybe or tomorrow!

Working on Chapter 55 now! The second book is drawing to a close very rapidly!

Oh, and closet readers please reply!! It's really good to know there are people still reading this!

Cheers!

EDIT: Egad! Apologies for the triple post!!

Lisa the Legend

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: Lisa the Legend (Chapter 54 posted!) *NEW*

A new chapter! Yay! I was very impressed by how it turned out, and I'm glad Prof. Oak is alright. Still, I wonder what will happen when they meet Lace... that is, if they do in the next one. Good thing I managed to get caught up, otherwise I'd be very confused.

Nice writing, keep it up!
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Zeldafan: Yay! I was hoping you wouldn't be left too far behind, I was really worried that nobody would be able to catch up if I skipped too far ahead. Glad that you liked the new chapters and how they turned out. Will they meet Lance? Ah ... stay tuned! Thanks very much for reading again, it's great to have such loyal readers!

Everyone: Well, I go back to school tomorrow, for three weeks of study, followed by graduation, then study week, then two weeks of TEE (Tertiary Entrance Exams). As such, I'm going to be pretty much dead for awhile as far as TPM goes. I'm not saying I'll be completely AWOL, but I sincerely doubt the next chapter of LTL will be any time soon. A complete recovery in activity should happen in late November, after exams are over. As it is, I'm thrilled I got two chapters done during the holidays. :biggrin:

Anyhow, I just want to thank everyone for supporting Lisa the Legend thus far, and I hope you are all still looking forward to the next installment, whenever I get it done! For those who haven't read the new chapters yet, go ahead and read, and please reply when you've read them, it's really great to know people are still reading this and enjoying it.

Well, thanks again everyone. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

Just making a random reply to keep LTL alive while I'm gone ... I've done only a little bit of chapter 55, and to be honest I don't think it works so it may be back to the drawing board for the next chapter. The good thing about this chapter is I know what's going to happen, unlike the last couple, where things have kind of happened spontaneously and I just followed them along.

Anyway, I noticed only two people have read Chapter 54 ... read and reply, everyone, please! Otherwise I think nobody's reading anymore ...

*crickets*

In other news, my exams begin in a week. So this might be my last post for some time. Have fun reading everyone, me and Lisa will be back soon!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Lisa the Legend (Chapter 54 up!)

Unless it takes you a year to get to 55, I doubt people will stop reading. Even I'm still chugging along and I sometimes forget what has happened so far. Maybe you should do a little synopsis in the meantime if you're having trouble writing
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

T_M_L: Hmmm ... good point I spose. It won't take me a year ... more like a month or two, I'd say. Once I get the time I might do a synopsis for everyone who've been left behind a bit, to help them catch up with everything ... "The story so far..." ... good idea, actually. Thanks for replying. Btw, what chapter are you up to now? Just out of curiosity.

I'm only posting cause I'm on a study break and I'm happy (I got 89% on a past Maths Exam, timing myself properly and everything ... and that's really good for me ... so I'm chuffed).

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I've been with you since the beginning but since some chapters were so few and far inbetween and they're actually long chapters, I haven't made the effort to go back and reread the whole story. I guess you can say it's laziness :D
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Holy mackeral! That was good! I've been really busy lately, so please accept my apologizes. That and I lost the link to the site. Thank the stars for Google, I found the link! The story seems to be getting more intense by the chapter, and I'm glad to see that. It's a nice surprise to find two new chapters when I finally dragged my sorry self back over here to check it out. Hope to see you continue, see you around.