Thread: Real Virtuality {MATURE}

Hybrid View

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Real Virtuality {MATURE}

Name: Jay Weston
    Country of Origin: Scotland
    Appearance: Tall and lanky, buzz-cut dark brown hair, green eyes. Wears a fitted green polo, medium shade blue jeans and brown boots.
    Personality: Very extroverted and cheerful, talks so much it can be annoying at times. He has the mind of an engineer and analyzes everything. Prefers to play fast, fighter type characters like Ninjas and Monks
    Other: WAKAKAKA means "hahaha" in Indonesian
    ----CHARACTER----
    Name: Kamuza (pronounced Kom-za)
    Appearance: As his class might suggest, he is small and light, enabling him to be quick and stealthy. He stands around 5'6" and weighs not more than 120 lbs. He wears a close-fitting vest, solid dark green in color. His pants are white, also close fitting and made of a soft, clothy material. On his head is a green bandana that is dark green like his vest. Finally, his shoes are moccasin-like, dark brown, soft and leathery. Think FFT Thief. He wields a Main Gauche, his favorite weapon (see below)
    Class: Thief
    Weapon Description: The Main Gauche is a mid-length dagger, golden in color with a straight blade. In addition to being incredibly sharp and deadly, this dagger grants the wielder unusually high evasion, making him very difficult to hit.
    Personality Changes: Opposite of Jay, Kamuza is extremely introverted, almost always silent. Most people think he is mute as nobody has heard him speak, but it is rumored that he has a soft and pleasant, almost musical voice. Likes to keep his intentions and loyalties hidden, and is slow to trust anyone.
    Reasoning: Jay dislikes the fact that he talks so much and annoys people, and wants to see what it's like being a person who never speaks. In addition, he loves to be cryptic and mysterious.

`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`

Jay Weston ~ Scot
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Och, this is wicked!" Jay exclaimed, semi-to himself as he watched the people in the Holo-Spheres do battle. He had never seen anything quite like this, especially not in Scotland. As he intently followed the movements of the characters, he spotted another guy around his age next to him staring at the holo-spheres in awe.

"Hey," Jay said to him, slowly removing his headset, "Would ye like to try it?"

The guy turned, realizing Jay was speaking to him. "Oh, sure. Thanks."

"No problem, Ah've watched enough alreadeh." Jay added, his Scottish accent apparent, "Name's Jay by the way."

"Mike." he replied quickly, shaking the hand Jay had extended. He didn't smile too much though.

Jay returned his attention to the main screen, where a panned image of the game being played was displayed. People without Vid-Sets could still watch the action from a general, stationary camera angle. Jay watched anxiously as a new group of players entered the Holo-Spheres and connected to the game. Jay grinned widely, like a little kid in a free candy shop. His eyes were glued to the screen as the players entered their first battle. A group of enemies appeared, their design and graphics having a stunning realism.

"Och! This is pretty amazing eh?" Jay gasped, giving Mike a light slap on the shoulder.

"Yeah..." Mike replied after a brief pause, not seeming nearly as enthusiastic as Jay. However, as the battle raged on his attitude began to change. Once all the enemies were destroyed, a large Wolf appeared, obviously a boss battle. Jay noticed a smile begin to cross Mike's face, and his eyes light up with excitement.

"Man, take a look at how realistic the cuts and burns are on that Wolf. They just stay there! They did a really good job with this." Mike said after a bit, sounding much more chipper than before.

"I agree," Jay replied, "I can't wait to try it out for m'self!"

"Yeah, I think we should go ahead and get in line." Mike said, and they both walked over to where the end of the lines was. Mike and Jay each took a spot at the end of adjacent lines.

"So where ya from laddie?" Jay asked Mike, not being bothered by how long the line was.

"Oh umm...Boston, in America." he responded, emitting a slight tint of a British accent. Jay picked up on this right away.

"You're not originally from there, are yeh?" Jay continued, asking him another question. Mike seemed a bit uncomfortable with the conversation.

"Uh...no, I'm from England..." Mike replied as shortly as possible. Jay detected his uneasiness.

"Want me to leave yeh alone?" Jay asked with sympathetic eyes, "I know I can be pretty annoyin' sometimes..."

"Oh it's ok, it's just...all these people..." Mike replied again, softly.

"Well, dinnae worry laddie. These lines are ken to be movin' pretty quickly, so we should get our turns soon." Jay said to Mike before turning back forward to watch the screen. He wasn't watching for long before his attention was again interrupted by voices near him.

"Well, let's go see then." Jay heard a male voice say. He glanced to his left to see a young asian man and a short light-haired girl finding spots in the lines next to him. They appeared to be together.

"Checkin' out the Holo-Spheres, are yeh?" Jay asked the guy with his usual smile, tapping him lightly on the shoulder. He turned to look at Jay.

"That's the plan, if we get there before Christmas that is." the boy responded, commenting on the long lines ahead of them. Jay chuckled a bit at his quip.

"Och, dinnae worry laddie, we'll get our chance!" Jay said, optimistic as ever, "So what are your names?"

`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`

TAG @ VP, CT, and Kuro
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Name: Joseph Masters
    Country of Origin: Seattle, WA, USA
    Appearance: Asian, without the accent. Has short, messy black hair wearing glasses. Is skinny and wearing a green T-shirt and blue jeans.
    Personality: Often quiet and shy, yet very observant of himself, his surroundings, and others. More of a follower rather than a leader, very friendly, and the peace-keeper if things get too rough. Will get aggressive when the situation calls for him to do so.
    Other: Besides video games, his interests are mainly in reading and "old" cartoons.
    ----CHARACTER----
    Name: Takashi
    Appearance: 5 ft. 7 in. in height, has short, spiky sky blue hair and he still has his glasses. Wears a white tunic, yellow sash around his waist, slim gray pants, a green traveling cloak, and black traveling boots. Has a small, rectangular cube-shaped pouch attached to his left side.
    Class: Summoner
    Weapon Description: A deck of playing cards in his pouch. Each individual playing card has the image of a Summoned creature on the front and back. No two cards are the same, and some even serve as the bestiary, in case a player needs to know stats and items that a monster has.
    Personality Changes: Not much change, except he's developed a strange sixth sense for danger and he's conservative about safety, money, and his fellow comrades well-beings.
    Reasoning: Joseph has always respected the Summoner class in Final Fantasy games and the Summoned creatures based off of mythical and legendary creatures.

Joseph Masters - Native Seattle-lite
    Cramped and annoyed

'Someone tell me how a casual gamer like me wound up here at a gaming convention in Japan consisted of mainly hardcore gamers." A young Asian teen thought to himself. 'Oh yeah, I somehow won a contest. Guess I'm bound to have some good luck once in a while.'

The teen then sighed to himself and continued his train of thoughts, 'I don't belong here. Frankly, I don't belong anywhere that involves hundreds of people associating with anything involving Japan. Sure, I'm Chinese in blood, and that should make me appreciate my Asian culture, but not surrounded by hundreds of people.'

The teen looked upon a nearby booth where SEK was showing off other smaller games they were about to release, such as the next Yu-Gi-Oh! video game and the next installment of Kingdom Hearts. 'At least, SEK knows how to show off their stuff.' the teen thought.

Now that he looked around a bit closer, he noticed something. 'Okay, I know that at conventions like these, they're supposed to show off the latest in video games and their technology, but why is it that at least half the stuff they're showing off here is the stuff dad and grandpa played when they were kids? Maybe to show off the greatness that is the dawn of the Video game crash, or whatever the event is called. Great, now I'm mentally rambling again. Get yourself back together, Joseph!'

Joseph made his way through the crowd towards the main attraction that SEK had recently cooked up. 'Final Fantasy: Immersion, eh? Personally, I'm fond of the original 6 and the Nintendo hand-held spin-offs and remakes. Meh, might as well see what's the big whup about it.'

He then took a look at the demonstrations that the employees at SEK were performing for the game. "Okay, it's definitely impressive and looks like it lives up to the hype I've heard about when they made rumors about it on the Net. Might as well try it out for myself. I kinda always wanted to try a Final Fantasy game up close and personal.'

Joseph then took a place at the end of the line where a small group of people were engaging in conversation. 'Hope they don't talk to me. I'm not really a people person.'

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Name: Ryou Saito (wow that sounds familiar…)
    Country of Origin: Technically Japan, but he’ll probably say Canada (Toronto, Ontario)
    Appearance: Ryou is tall, with shaggy cut dark brown hair with some highlights and hazel eyes. He has a lean, athletic (runner) build and fair skin. He’s usually seen wearing a black shirt with various SE(K) symbols on it (notably the Heartless or Nobody logos), and slightly baggy blue jeans.
    Personality: Not exactly the most charming individual (to many), Ryou is a jerk to most and can easily make others feel inferior and pathetic. He’s confident in his abilities, and to some that can seem cocky. But he has the skill to back up his claims, which gives him a sort of charisma that inspires people to listen and/or follow him (much to his dismay).
    Other: His family moved from Japan to Canada when he was two, and is very proud of the country he calls his home.
    ----CHARACTER----
    Name: Akuma
    Appearance: Clad in black armour that makes Akuma appear more like a Demon than a person, it’s smooth and sleek in its design with curvy, vein like engravings that pulse red at regular intervals. He has a torn, red cape coming from his left shoulder that has darker stains of presumable blood on it. His helmet doesn’t reveal anything of his face, with four horns resembling from a ram’s or a bull’s as they curve under and the tips point forward. Dark horns and spikes spawn from his hips and his armor boots are crafted to resemble a dragon’s or dinosaur’s foot with three clawed toes. His gauntlets end with claws on his finger tips (that are crimson coloured), and his eyes when the helmet is on, glow red, overall, Akuma is a very intimidating character (I will draw eventually to create a clearer image 8D).
    Class: Dark Knight
    Weapon Description: A monstrous sword, easily the size of some of the shorter characters or perhaps taller, the blade is a cruel looking weapon with a ragged, jarred, cracked and jagged blade that has a obsidian hilt and a dark-grey blade that seems to be stained crimson on some of the sadistic edges. The hilt itself has a dark eye in it, with no white but instead black, with a dark purple and red eyes and a slit pupil. The eye looks around the field, and glows when he uses an ability of his class. When not in use, it is on his back, a magical force holding it there until needed.
    Personality Changes: Ryou personality is darker, it’s almost like the power of the Dark Knight consumes him. His charisma remains, but it inspires fear in others as well. Ryou is chillingly cold now, as little patience for whiney individuals and those who pick fights and look for trouble. He’s not quiet though, he’ll give his opinion on an idea or what-not, though past that he seems mysterious and disconnected from the group more than others.
    Reasoning: He has some unresolved issues :3

Ryou Saito .: + :. Japanese Canadian
    Remembering and Worrying

* * Recent Past * *

“Where are you going?”

“To Japan.”

“Oh.”

Such a simple word, and yet it was laced with such disdain and hatred. Ryou thought for a moment it must be hard for his mother to make a short verse like ‘Oh’ sound as if it was being spoken by death’s itself, but then again, she did it on a regular basis. Ryou found himself pondering exactly what he had done wrong, he was twenty, he had a life that didn’t revolve around being in this house anymore, and he’d only be gone a couple of days…

Why do I care?’ He mused and turned to his mother. “What?”

She looked at him with half-confused, scornful hazel eyes. “What what?”

“What’s wrong with me leaving?”

“Well I have to look after the house all by myself.”

Ryou frowned. “Good to know you’ll miss me.” With that he went back to packing.

“Your father is taking you to the airport.”

The man froze, crimson eyes focusing on the bag in front of him. “Why?”

“He wanted to see you off.”

“That,” He began with a snarl. “I highly doubt.”

* * Present * *

“Ryou.” He spoke and shook Jay’s hand, and then the other fellow’s. “This is Estelle.”

She smiled meekly at the two and sort of ducked behind Ryou as everyone exchanged greetings. He frowned slightly at the line, he had never been a patient person, not really, he could wait for an extent before growing tired of whatever appeared to be worth so much. But the rest of this place was overly crowded and Estelle didn’t much appreciate being bumped into (and of course, he had solved the problem in a particularly harsh way… But the guy was rude).

“So are you excited?”

“Uhh…” Ryou smirked a little uneasily at the man’s energy. “Apparently you are.”

“Sure I am! Been waiting a while for the game to finally be released for a while now, have you seen the graphics?”

He looked over at Estelle who was quietly viewing the game with the headset and controller. Ryou smirked a little and gently moved her out of the way of a few others passing by.

“I’ll wait for the test.” Ryou replied. “I’d rather be surprised.”

“They’re amazing!”

As Jay seemed overexcited for the game and went blabbing on about it, Mike and Ryou stayed silent. Steadily they grew closer and closer to the front and at an equal pace the room began to grow more and more crowded. Estelle took off the helmet and put it down with its controller where it was quickly snatched up by another.

“Do you mind if I use this?”

The group turned to the woman with dark skin and black framed glasses who gazed at them all with slight curiosity.

“Go ahead.”

She smiled and nodded towards them as she slipped on the helmet and watched. “Thanks, I’m Naomi by the way. Oh wow! Look at the graphics! They almost look real! I wonder what type of engine it uses? Probably…”

Ryou turned from the girl and the group for a minute as Estelle tugged lightly on his arm.

“Hmm?”

“There are a lot of people now…” She voice was almost overshadowed and muffled by the others talking amongst themselves.

“We’re almost there, don’t worry about it… And stop hiding behind me.” Ryou replied with a smirk, and thought for a moment about the pods and the system as he turned back to the group, and sort of forced Estelle into the view of others. “Isn’t there a danger about this system?”

Naomi, as she viewed the digital world, replied. “What? Like the matrix?”

“There’s no plug to my knowledge.” Jay joked, “What do you mean?”

Ryou frowned. “I mean what do we do if something goes wrong?”

* * End * *

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Name: Ryohei Chen
    Country of Origin: China
    Appearance: He comes from a mixed race Japanese/Chinese family, he has a short cut, almost shaved hair, and keeps it covered with a ball cap. He wears a jacket all the time, keeping his hands in his pockets almost as if he was always trying to keep himself warm even in summer. He wears long baggy blue jeans, that seem a few sizes too big for him.
    Personality: He lacks a lot of empathy for others, he sees things as to how others can keep him alive, and will drop them if they endanger him or others. Most of all he sees keeping himself alive being his top responsibility but that doesn’t mean he won’t go out of the way keeping others alive. Prison has hardened him in so many ways, to the point that the light and energy he had in him as a child has almost completely gone out from the darkness of prison.
    Other: As a child he was forced to spend several years in a Children’s Prison after being framed by his friends, causing him to have a very cynical view toward life and friendship.
    ----CHARACTER----
    Name: Yasuo
    Appearance: He has tan skin, and a slight muscular build although not overly muscular, he has several scars including a small x on his cheek, and several larger scars on his back. Instead of being almost baled he has dark brown hair but it remains short and combed to the left. He has nearly ice blue eyes that can be very intimidating for many. He tends to have a loose demeanor, with his shoulders slacked, and a care free smile. He wears a white button down shirt that tends to be worn by upper middle class men in many towns, it looks as if he has worn it for years, the sleeves have been ripped off, with a few blood and sweat stains on it. He wears a belt that goes around his waist, that contains sets of multi colored bullets. His pants are a deep dark brown, almost black, and made out of leather, they contain several places where he has extra bullets in as well, as well as a small knife.
    Class: Gunner
    Weapon Description: He wields a double barreled sawed off shot gun, it looks rather old, the wood that makes up most of the gun has splintered and cracked in many places, the metal that makes up the barrel and trigger has lost its original silver shine, now being mostly dark gray, with small patches of rust along the length of the barrel. This gun is fitted to fire off several different types of bullets, from an armor piercing bullet, to a buckshot that sprays out in several directions, to a bullet soaked in flammable material, acting almost like a grenade.
    Personality Changes: There are no real changes, he still lacks empathy for others, nothing really has changed other than now he finds the members of his group interesting.
    Reasoning:

Ryohei Chen ~ Gunner
    Has absolutely no idea where he is

I had been a drifter for the last few weeks, going from place to place, sleeping where I could, eating when I could, and fighting when I had to. This world was so bright, so busy, everyone rushing around, rushing to their jobs, rushing to get home. Huge bright screens of lights, bigger and brighter than anything I had seen on television back in China filled the buildings. There were nights where I would long for the simplicity of jail; there you knew what was going to happen, who was your friend, who was going to try to kill you, when you would eat, when you would sleep. Here in Japan everything seemed to be thrown to the wind.

I pulled my coat closer, drawing it in for warmth, my eyes and ears were always open, the woman behind me, the child to my left that placed his face against the window to gaze closer at the television behind it. It was something you learned in prison, to know who was around you, and what they could do to you. My eyes caught the reflection of a pretty young girl in the television set in front of me; displaying some kind of ‘game’ they called it.

“Shijiao” I whispered, my head turning to follow her, she was pushing her way through a crowd, I could only catch glimpses, her hair, a bit of her face. She looked like her, but could it be.

“Let him go, let Ryohei go” Shijiao’s cries still echoed in my head as the cops had held me down so many years ago, digging my face into the rain soaked mud as she rushed toward them, kicking one of them in the knee. I could only gaze up, my mouth filled with mud as the cop she hit struck her, sending her body spinning around and onto the ground, her head striking a rock causing blood to trickle down her forehead.

I shook my head, washing the thoughts away as I pushed my way through the crowd, she had stopped, and another boy had met up with her, possibly the one she was chasing. As I moved closer I caught sight of her back again, a man in front of her was holding his bleeding nose. For a second a smile crossed my face, could Shijiao had broken this guy’s nose?

“Hey if you are going to stand in line, at least move along with it…” Some annoyance of a man said behind me.

For a second I considered spinning around, grabbing his wrist and placing it behind his back before he could attack. It was almost second nature; I could see each move, each reaction, how long the guards would take to get here, what I could do in the time between.

Yet this wasn’t jail, and fighting my way out of the building would be messy at best. Too much trouble just to settle a insult, instead I would just move along in this.. ‘line’ where ever it was going to take me. “Sorry..” I replied in the best Japanese I could before taking two steps forward to advance the line.