Thread: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

Threaded View

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Arrow ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

~Time After Time~

In the beginning, there were the High Ones.
    They traveled through the stars in palaces made from their former world, seeking an endless life of peace and learning. From their dying world they rescued the burrowers and the flyers; they gave them the gift of knowing ones self and from then on they were the High Ones constant companions. In the flyers webs they slept, choosing an existance of mind rather than form, but it was in this choice, this casting off of ones outer shell, that became their undoing.
    For the burrowers had begun to entertain notions of rebellion. Why exist as the Sleeping Ones servants when the palace could be theirs? In a moment of betrayal, the High Ones lives were violently jolted into the world of the Physical. And from that point on, the World of Two Moons would never be the same....

Indeed, the High Ones were the beginning. As their palaced crashed to the strange primitive world, many died by Troll hands while still sleeping in the webs of the Preservers. The ones that survived, stumbled confused and battered from their ship to find a world raw and wild. Humans, the native species, were little more than beasts and attempts made for peace ended with confused, frightened violence. It was a hard lesson for the High Ones in those early days. When once they cast off their physical forms, they found this world stranded them in their bodies. Magic worked weakly if at all. They sought learning once but now, they learned what pain was, and hunger. And fear.
    But those who survived, those who were strong, learned also how to adapt. Though the World of Two Moons changed them and their children through the generations, in appearance and in blood...

Rayek knew this story all too well. Ever since his mentor, Ekuar, died at the hands of the Mountain trolls he had obsessed over the Scroll of Colors inside of the Lost Palace of the High Ones, obsessed over the great mistake his ancestors had made in trusting the trolls. And for the millionth time since that day over 20 years ago, he obsessed over how most of this had to also be Cutters fault. The beastial chieftain of the Wolfriders, whose war with the humans had caused him to lead his filthy tribe of half beasts to Rayeks home in Sorrows End. He fumed as he remembered losing to him in the trials of Head Hand and Heart, and how Cutter had gone and Recognised his lovemate, taking her from him!
    The darkness grew in Rayeks eyes as he remembered living peacefully with the Gobacks in their snowy lodge, until Cutter brought the War with the Trolls unto him. He remembered Kaavi, his Goback lovemate, telling him his child was stillborn, remembered how the Gobacks had allowed the trolls to take Ekuar. Everything in this World of Two Moons was tainted, it had all caused him pain. If only the Wolfrider chief had never left his home! If only the trolls had been left behind to die on the High Ones homeworld! If only that Great Mistake had never happened, could be undone.....
    Tears of rage and anguish stung his eyes, but purpose took their place as he recalled his plan.
    "There are still children of the High Ones who retain the powers of old, whether they are aware of them or not." He spoke to himself in a low fevered tone. Smiling a pained smile of maddened hope, he focused his power into the palace, causing it to reverberate its call across miles. "The Palace of the High Ones lures its children with a call stronger than Recognition," Rayek called aloud, a strength in his voice that had been missing for years. "The closer they are the stronger it will be. But this call is strong no matter how far, and is meant for but a few. We need no Preservers, we need no Troll Servants, the mistakes of our forefathers will not be ours. We will fulfill the dreams of those who came before."
    He closed his eyes and felt the call flow through him, grinning with a hopeful childish delight.

"Come, we will leave this tainted world, and become High Ones ourselves!"

The call radiated outward, travelling across miles. It travelled south through the highlands and over the mountains, into the Burning Waste where the Sunfolk lived at Sorrows End. It travelled west, across the rivers and around where the ruins of Blue Mountain stood, to the Forbidden Grove where the wolfriders dwelled. And it travelled to the frozen north, above the troll caverns to where the Gobacks camped at Wayfar. The call, to those Chosen Few who can receive it, feels like a very strong desire to go home, like being homesick, even if they have never been to the palace before. It isnt something you hear, but something you feel deep within your soul. Like Recognition, to resist it is to become ill, and eventually die. The sun is just now beginning to dip below the horizon, and as some elves ready for bed, and other tribes ready for the night hunt, Rayek's call will make certain that tonight will not be like every other night. Tonight marks the beginning of these elves journey away from the World of Two Moons.

Everyones first posts will be a small taste of their lives in their tribe, and the moment when they receive the call. Since everyone will receive the call at the same time, all those who live in the same area will probably end up travelling together. All tribes are basically almost equidistant from the palace so it would probably take about a week to two weeks to travel there (best to fast forward the journey to the palace in your posts XD). Wolfriders would most likely ride their wolf-friends, Gobacks their Elk and Sun Folk would ride Zwoots, a very stupid camel like animal adapted for desert travel. At the end of your journey will be the Palace of the High Ones.

Feel free to go inside, Rayek is waiting....

Heres a quick run-down of who starts where:
    Wolfrider/Forbidden Grove
    Jonas- Outlaw JT- Treeshaper
    Frostfur- Asilynne- Sender
    Sebas- Crazy Elf Boy- Rockshaper
    Vapourmist- Mystic Clown- Healer

Sun Folk/Sorrows End
    Windsong- Miryawind- Windshaper
    Zekekii- Crystal Tears- TBR
    Aroree- Drusilla- Glider
    Ruya- Kuro Espeon- Magic Sense

Gobacks/Wayfar
    Varik- SilentKnightmare- Shapeshifter

And now for the posts!
    Name: Frostfur by her Goback mother, sometimes called Dreamweave by the wolfriders when they want her to tell a story xD
    Soul Name: Yur
    Tribe: Goback/Wolfrider (explanation in history)
    Appearance: Pic. Very light, almost white bluish hair that is down to her shoulders, she wears two small braids on the sides of her face. Deep soulful blue-green eyes. Since living with her fathers people, the Wolfriders, she wears a blue v neck tunic laced up the front, sleeves midway down the arm that flare out, black leather pants (all trimmed in white fur) and white fur knee high boots.
    Personality: Very quiet and thoughtful, she rarely talks, preferring instead to send. Her spirit is firey however despite her calm exterior, and she can get savagely violent if she feels she or her loved ones are under attack. Has a survival instinct like no other, and acts on impulse if her life is in danger. Sends with confidence and usually can reason things out and improvise if need be, but when it comes to speaking she shies away. Shes ashamed of how she talks. Because she grew up sending she is unfamiliar with deciet and is very naiive in that way.
    History: Her mother, Luhal was a Goback and her father, Skywise, was a Wolfrider. On the night before the final battle of the Troll war, they had a brief, anonymus "encounter" during the "Dance of the Warriors" ahem....and two years later Frostfur was born in the Goback lodge. However it was a few brief months later when Rayek, insane with grief over the loss of his mentor, drove the Gobacks away from the Palace of the High Ones. While her mother ran for her life, a fireball almost hit the two, and Frostfur was thrown clear of her mother, who paniced and took off running lest she fall behind and be killed. Rayek took no notice of the small bundle in white furs, and so Frostfur was left alone in the snow to die.
    A snow wolf caught the scent of the baby and came to investigate. Thinking the baby would be a nice meal, she caught the scent of the wolf blood and instead took it home to raise as one of her own. As the years went by Frostfur grew, sending with her wolfmother Snowfang and learning the ways of the hunt. Because her life was saved by the wolf, and because this wolf was one of the few who could send, they shared a tight bond, and Snowfang even knows her soulname and so far is the only one who knows besides Frostfur herself. At the age of 10 she decided to try to seek out her parents. Riding her wolfsister, she followed the sketchy directions and scent impressions her wolfmother sent to her and, after a few months of travelling in the harsh snowy conditions, she came upon the new home of the Gobacks, meeting her birthmother for the first time. She lived with the Gobacks until age19, when the urge to find the other missing half of her life arose. Again following sketchy directions, she eventually made it to the Forbidden Grove where the wolfrider tribe lives, meeting her father for the first time. During her time with her parents she learned to understand elvish when its spoken, but she feels she can never learn to flawlessly speak it, and so relies on sending, thoughts as well as feelings and pictures to communicate. She became a sort of storyteller with her wolfrider kin, some even going so far as to say "her stories are better than a mouthful of dreamberries" (dreamberries make you slightly drunk when eaten and help enhance storytelling and listening). She has since taken up residence with her fathers kin, enjoying the bond they share with wolves.
    Power: Sending, she can send vivid pictures and feelings, she can let people know exactly how she is feeling as if they are feeling it too. Sometimes she does this without thinking, since it just comes naturally to her. If she were to ever 'yell' in a send it may cause the person or people mental anguish and even physical pain, though she would never do this intentionally unless she were in danger or made very angry. Her sending can be heard for a farther distance than an elf with the normal ability. Likes to play the flute and send stories to her audience in accompanment to the music.
    Skills: Skilled at making clothers and tanning leathers under the tutalege of Moonshade, the wolfrider tanner. Sometimes plays a small flute she found while travelling, apparently belonging once to a human. She uses a small curved sword, given to her by her mother after reuniting, and a shortbow made for her in the Forbidden grove.
    Family: Father: Skywise Mother: Luhal. Knows Varik from the time she spent living with the Gobacks, he taught her how to use weapons. Wolfrider friends open to anyone too ^-~ . Hasnt recognised anyone so doesnt have a lifemate.
    Other: Doesnt speak elven very well (I know, Ive said it before lol) Speaks it very brokenly and therefore doesnt speak often. Can understand it pretty well though. Eats meat raw. (most wolfriders do anyway)

Wolffriend Name: Kiyiya
    First?: Yes, grew up with her as a sister
    Appearance: White with silver markings on the paws and forehead, clear light blue eyes. Has thick fur for living in cold climates.
    Temperment: Cautious at times, this wolf tends to size things up before deciding what to do about them. Has unwavering loyalty for Frostfur and takes offense if anyone gets close to her that doesnt 'smell right'. Plays the protective sister at times.
    Other:This is the only wolf in the RPG that has the ability to send, although this wolf's abilities are far weaker than her mothers.

~~Frostfur (Yur)~~
    How quickly the Past becomes the Future...

"Play another one Dreamweave!"

I laughed quietly as I heard the children beg me for another story. The sun was going down and it would soon be time for the nightly hunt to begin, but for now I was "Dreamweave", the storyteller and history keeper of the tribe. Though I was too young to know the history of the tribe from personal experience, I had spent the past five years living amoung my father's people, learning their stories and their past. And with my talent for sending, I could show it to others so vividly it was as if it were their own memories.
    The youngest cubs of the tribe sat around me on the furs of the common room inside the Holt, their eager eyes watching me, urging me for just one more story before the hunt for food would begin. Shaking my head and laughing, I put my flute to my lips and began to play a slow intricate song. <>Alright cubs,<> I sent to them, amusement tinging through the send. <>One last story, and then itll be time for me to go hunt, you all DO want to be fed tonight, dont you?<> The cubs all nodded and began to chatter excitedly about whether ravvit or deer was the best meat of all time, but they fell silent as the story began.

<>Before you or I were born, even before the eldest of the wolfriders alive today were ever born, there were the High Ones,<> As I sent the words to the story and played the flute, I sent pictures of what the High Ones would look like. Many of them appeared generic, but one came out Crystal Clear. Timmain, my father had seen her at the Palace of the High Ones long ago, and through his sends I knew her as he did. <>The High Ones were tall, beautiful elves, who wielded such powerful magic as you cant even imagine. They shaped the Palace of the High Ones out of the rock of their old world and took to the stars. They rescued the Trolls and the Preservers, and took them with them, as companions on their journey.<> Images of cute friendly Preservers and ugly trolls filled the young ones head as I played, and they laughed, poking fun at the stupidity of trolls and sharing stories of encounters with the mischevious butterfly-like Preservers. My song turned foreboding as I reached the turning point of my story.
    <>But the High Ones didnt count on the Betrayal of the Trolls. The Peaceful, trusting High Ones were set upon by the Ugly trolls as they slept, and the Great Palace fell from the sky, crashing unto the World of Two Moons. They left the Palace to find a primal world, full of dangers they had never encountered, and many of them found their magic didnt work as well anymore.<> The song of my flute flowed into a fast paced song of danger, as images of beast-like humans and long toothed cats chased the High Ones in my send. <>This new world they found themselves on had many predators, and it was certain that the High Ones would die, if it werent for the High One Timmain. The Mother of all the Wolfriders, she took the form of a wolf to provide meat and furs for the other High Ones. She Birthed Timmorn Yellow-Eyes, the half-wolf, half-elf first Chief of the Wolfriders, and under his leadership the People survived.<> The story faded out with an image of the first chief of the wolfriders in all his glory as I trailed off with my flute. <>And that, cubs, is the Story of the High Ones. But it doesnt end there, for there have been 10 chiefs since Timmorn, but the Story of the Ten Chiefs will have to be for another time.<>
    The cubs groaned, attempting to beg me for another story, but as I put my flute away they knew they would just have to wait. It was about time for the hunt to begin, and soon Redlance would be coming with Mist, the healer, to watch the cubs for the night as most of the wolfriders went off for the hunt. I stepped outside, as my wolf-friend Kiyiya lifted her head from her nap. In a private send just to her I said, <>Cubs...they are just so curious!<>
    She sent to me the impression of amusement, and the image of her pulling a younger me out of a bramble patch. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her neck, burying my face in her soft fur. She was indeed like my older sister, keeping me out of trouble and protecting me from harm. Suddenly a familiar voice rang out through the cool night air. "Frostfur!" It was Redlance, and behind him almost invisible in the growing dark was Mist, the tribes second healer. The Chiefs wife was the first, and the strongest. Their presence here told me it was about time for the hunt. I nodded a greeting at them and was about to send to them when something seemed to hit me from deep within. It felt like something was tugging on my soul, drawing it forward, and I almost panicked. Did....did I just Recognise? I thought, almost in shock. Then, without consious thought my head turned to look towards the east, away from the setting sun. No....not recognition. If it were, I would know one of their soul names. This is something different....something else....
    Slowly the image of a grand shining palace came into my head, as if through a send. A compulsion came with it, a need to be there, to walk beneath its shining spires. More than anything else Ive ever needed before in my life, I had to be there. Without a word to anyone and with barely a thought as to what I was doing, I leapt on the back of my wolf-friend and directed her to run east, out of the Forbidden Grove, and towards the place that my soul was tugging at me to go. I was vaguely aware of Mist having followed me, and as the night deepened and I raced through the tall grass towards a feeling I couldnt explain.

Little did I know there was no way for me to have predicted what happened.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally done lol! Ok, go ahead and write a bit of the daily life of your char back home, and then make your way to the palace. It doesnt have to be exactly like mine, you can detail the journey a bit more. Have fun with it and be creative <33

I edited a bit because I realised that the ending of mine was a bit rushed XD
    Last edited by Asilynne; 25th April 2009 at 10:54 AM.

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.