Thread: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

Hybrid View

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! {LSUs for a limited time}

Name: Ruya, Eyes of the Sky
    Soul Name: Rana-khur ("to gaze at the sun") (Note: has a Soul Name because she's mixed)
    Tribe: The Sun Folk/????? (raised at Sorrow's End)
    Appearance: About 4'2 (on the taller side for a female elf) with a slender frame, Ruya does not have the appearance of one who generally works in the field. She has the standard tan skin of the Sun Folk, but her light colored hair and eyes tell of her mixed background. In stark contrast to her skin, her hair is pure white, short and layered in the back and slightly longer in the front. Her eyes are a shimmering gold that are reminiscent of the sun, but they are generally covered with a black blindfold (explained in History). She wears loose-fitting white pants of soft cotton that are fitted tight at the ankles (think Arabian style), white slippers and a halter top of crisscrossing silks of bright blues. Also wears two large gold bracelets.
    Personality: Generally calm and soft-spoken, Ruya tends to spend a lot of time alone, lost inside herself. However, she is still friendly and not opposed to company when it's there. She believes that those with power have a responsibility to help others and has a strong sense of justice.
    History: Ruya is a child of strange circumstances. Her mother, Windsong, one of Sun Folk, found a strange man with white hair lying outside of Sorrow's End, half-dead and with no memory of where he came from. As she nursed him back to health, they Recognized each other and conceived Ruya. However, Ruya never got to meet her father. Before she was born, a band of trolls that had apparently been hunting her father down, found him and murdered him, leaving the truth of his origin forever a mystery. After Ruya was born, her mother raised her alone. As Ruya grew, her strong ability with Magic quickly began to surface. She soon became an expert with Magic Sense, and was viewed by the rest of the Sun Folk as a kind of prophet; sensing approaching danger, tracking locations of food and water, and even sensing changes in weather.
    However, as her power grew stronger, she began to develop strange and rare form of Magic Sense known as "Death Sight". Around the age of 30, she began to see a sickle-shaped symbol appear on the foreheads of some of her kinsfolk (like this: http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/17/178.html ). After she saw the symbol, anywhere from several days to a couple months later, that individual would die (either of sickness, attack, accident, etc), and she began to realize that she was able to see those that were "marked" for death. She wouldn't be able to predict exactly how or when it would happen, only that it was imminent and unavoidable. Being able to foresee and ponder the death of the people around her, but not being able to do anything to stop it, began to drive Ruya insane. In order to block out her Death Sight, she covered her eyes with a black blindfold, like a shadow blocking out the sun, so that she could no longer see the people around her, only taking it off when she was sure she was alone. Even though she was blind, she was still able to navigate herself around using her Magic Sense and sharpened hearing. Since then she has vowed to discovered the secret of her lineage in hopes that it might shed some light on her power and if there is any way to remove it.
    Power: Magic Sense - Can instantly memorize the magical signature of anyone she meets, and can sense also sense the presence and activity of unknown ones. She has also honed her skills enough that she can sense the spirits residing in everything around her, from people, to plants and animals, to the very rocks of the earth. She can also send our her own spirit to locate thing from far away. The people of Sorrow's End generally come to her for tracking purposes, and they also rely on her to warn them of any approaching magical energy. She also has an advanced and rare form of Sensing known as Death Sight (explained in History), but avoids using it whenever possible.
    Skills: While she's not very skilled at hand-to-hand combat, she's useful to have around for tracking over long distances, defense (since she can sense approaching danger), and strategy. She's also skilled with a needle and made all of her own clothing.
    Family: Mother: Windsong (miryawind's character), Father: Unknown (deceased), but the people of Sorrow's End called him Fiongall, The White Stranger. Because of her blindfold, she has yet to enter into Recognition and therefore has no mate or children yet.(but this might make for a interesting plot twist later, if anyone is interested? lol)
    Other: Knows Aroree by name, but has never seen what she looks like. (As long as that's ok with you, Dru? ^_~) Any other connections are welcome, just PM me.

BTW, I drew her: http://kurokakumei.deviantart.com/ar...-Sky-119933464

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Ruya, Eyes of the Sky
    **Even when you shut your eyes, the Truth shines through...**

"Miss Ruya, are you sure?" Savah, the leader of the Sun Folk, asked, a sound of tentative relief in her voice.
    I nodded my head solemnly. "Yes, M'Lady. My Senses tell me there is a storm coming this way, across the Waste. It shouldn't be too long now before we are blessed with rain. However, if you find we are truly desperate for it, I'm sure my mother would be more than willing to assist you in hurrying it along." I gave a small smile as I indicated my mother, Windsong, who wasn't here at moment, but whom I knew well enough to vouch for her.
    "Very well," Savah continued. I could almost hear her nodding. "I don't think it will be necessary, but I will contact you again if I need you."
    "Of course, Lady Savah." I replied.

After Savah left, I found myself in solemn silence once more. The only thing I could hear was the distant sound of the lowing Zwoots and the evening wind as it blew gently through the desert oasis of Sorrow's End. I felt a very distinct drop in temperature, indicating to me that the sun was setting and nighttime was descending on the village. Even though I could no longer see the sunset with my own eyes, my Senses allowed me to appreciate it in a whole other way. So, I didn't mind really. Not seeing... There were things, after all, that I didn't WANT to see. That's why I was doing this in the first place.

I sighed and slowly got to my feet. I suddenly had the desire to go and talk to Aroree. I always felt an odd sort of connection between us, even though we were from different backgrounds. I didn't know about her opinion of me, but I always had considered her a friend.

As I left my hut and made my way down the path toward the outskirts of the village, where Aroree resided. I knew layout of Sorrow's End so well that I barely needed my Magic Sense to navigate anymore. I knew the exactly number of steps, the twists and turns, the obstacles... I could make my way through them with hardly a stumble. Once I got outside the village, however, I needed to rely more on my Magic Sense to be aware of the world around me. It wasn't hard though. Actually, I found it strangely invigorating.

I had almost reached Aroree's place when I stopped dead in my tracks. A strange, overwhelming feeling had suddenly washed over me like a tidal wave. Every inch of me felt it... a pull, a desire... a need. I knew it couldn't have been Recognition. In my current condition that was impossible. Then what was it? As if it were answering my question, a vision began to fill my mind, as vivid as if I were seeing it with my own eyes. A shining palace, colorful and bright, brimming with magical energy that I had never before experienced. And it felt...warm, inviting. As if I knew that I belonged there. That I should've been there all along.

I knew I couldn't wait. I had to go. I quickly made my back to my hut and grabbed a traveling cloak, in case I would come across colder temperatures, and then went to the stable where the Zwoots were kept. As soon as I entered I was surprised to find my Mother, Windsong, already there. I knew her magical signature better than anyone else. What was she doing here at a time like this? Then it occurred to me, as if it were part of the vision, that she must be here for the same reason I was. There was something about her aura that was different than before.

"Mother...." I said, catching her attention.
    "Ruya!" I heard her say. She must have been just as surprised as I was.
    "Did you... feel it too?" I asked, although I felt I already knew the answer.
    "Yes... It looks like we're both going. Wherever it is."
    I nodded. I didn't feel quite so bad about leaving now. At least Mother was going to be coming with me.
    "Grandmother isn't going to be happy," I said, with a hint of amusement in my voice.

Ugh. Lame post is LAME! XD Sorry, for some reason I had the hardest time getting this post written. >_o I'll try to do better next time.

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! {LSUs for a limited time}

Vapourmist
    ------------------------------------

He didn’t know what it was. One minute he was with Redlance, about to look after the young cubs while the others went out, and now he was being pulled along by some unseen force, riding his wolf companion Kumar as he felt a tugging at his heart, leading him along. He could sense that Frostfur was some distance ahead of her, no doubt feeling the same pull as him.

”What do you think this is?” he asked his wolfen friend as they ran through the tall grass.

I do not know. It’s too strong to be recognition. Plus, I’m feeling it too.

”Indeed. Did an image of a castle also flash through your mind?”

Yes.

”Quite interesting wouldn’t you say?”

Well, I wouldn’t say that.

He could feel the tug growing stronger, no doubt they were getting closer to whatever was pulling them along. While Mist had no idea what was in store, he still remained calm, and was in fact, quite curious about what this was about.
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 23rd April 2009 at 05:19 AM.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!