~~Frostfur (Yur)~~
Coming back to a home Ive never been...

I vaguely remembered falling, and in some corner of my mind I registered the physical pain in my body the fall had brought on, but it was all lost in a deluge of images and thoughts. Though my body refused to respond, the pulling on my soul still tried to drag me onward, as if it may rip itself from my physical form and be done with it. If Recognition was anything like this wrenching, invasive feeling, I wanted no part of it.
The corner of my mind that registered the pain I was in slowly faded into a warm feeling washing over me. Struggling to see through the mental onslaught the errant thought floated through my head that I had been healed. But it wasnt long before the physical world ceased to exist altogether, leaving me unable to wake or move, but still able to hear the Sends from the palace, which had become stronger now that I was asleep. And just as before, I dreamed...

I was alone in the dark this time, there were no images of the palace, or voices, or scenes of violence. No, this time there was nothing, it seemed almost peaceful, save for the powerful energy I felt. <>What am I doing here?<> I sent in the darkness, peering around trying to see something, though I could feel in some sense that I was dreaming and nothing here could hurt me. I didnt expect an answer, it was a dream after all. But I got one, a Send boomed in my mind, in the same voice as the black haired sunfolk from my previous dream.
<> You have been chosen. The Palace awaits its new masters.<>
Frustration grew within me. In sending there was only truth, a soul cannot lie to another soul. But this Send from the mystery man was vague and told me nothing useful. <>Chosen for what? And who are you? If you wish harm to my tribespeople you will have to answer to me...<> As I sent this last bit a small growl rose from deep within my throat. I was sick of getting no answers, weary of the constant invasion of my mind, and though I didnt know if I could make good on my threat I knew one thing for certain. I would die trying.
I felt a sense of amusement in the send that responded. <>Child, that wont be necissary. You and your tribespeople will be honored guests at the Palace of the High Ones, where you will stand beside me. As for who I am.....<>

Suddenly a warm mellow light spread throughout my mind, and the torrent of sending I was receiving lessened a bit. The words of the strange man faded as well, of course at a most inopportune time, but for the moment I didnt care. I felt more at peace than I had been in days, and my sleep faded into a timelessness of dark and quiet.

~*~*~

"....unwrap her. She's starting to come to..."
Before I even opened my eyes I could tell we had arrived at the Palace, and were inside. For one, not only had the call almost completely disappeared, but deep within my heart I felt an almost overwhelming sense of belonging. This was home, though I had never been here before. The peace and calm being here brought to me took away any sense that this might be a trap, after all, this was the High Ones' Palace. How could I, a mere 25 years old, understand what has existed for lifetimes? Secondly, as my eyes opened and I gazed wonderingly around me, I could tell the structure I was in was like nothing else Ive ever seen crafted by human, elf or troll hands. To say it looked as though it was carved from ice would be inaccurate. More like if it were carved from the purest crystal, refracting the light of the sun and a thousand rainbows, so it almost seemed that the inside of the Palace was emitting its own ambient light. It was strange to behold, but the strangest thing of all wasnt the sights or sounds. It was the feeling, it almost felt like sending of pure joy, but not. And with a start I realised what it was.

<>I can hear them....the souls of Elves.<> I sent to the others as I stood up, brushing the webs from my clothes and hair. Surprise and wonder lit upon the faces of my fellow wolfriders, as I looked around, almost feeling if I tried hard enough I could see them. <>There are so many, they blend together...if I had time...maybe...<> But before I could finish the thought, a send interrupted me. One I rarely heard, and so it came as a surprised hearing it now, of all times.

<>Thank...you. For saving Little Sister.<> It was Kiyiya, and she was sitting beside Mist, one paw on his foot and her muzzle in his hand. She gave his hand a small lick and strode over to where Sebas was standing. Giving his hand a lick also, she looked up at him and Lilyglow. <> Thanks to you and the little one also...<> Bowing her head slightly she padded over across the slick looking floor to rest beside me, as I stared wonderingly the two wolfriders she had sent to.

"You're welcome." Mist said simply, looking slightly embarrassed, whereas Sebas just nodded. Kneeling down I gave Kiyiya a hug around her neck, for a brief moment lock-sending with her. She sent me impressions of the journey and how the two wolfriders cared for me and kept me safe when I could no longer care for myself. I stood up and looked at them with new eyes. <>It seems I owe you thanks as well. Im sorry I was such a burden on the way here...<> Mist nodded, his quiet voice seeming to almost echo in the silence of the palace. "Its alright, Im a healer. I did what any decent person would."

Suddenly the small preserver, which I soon found its name to be Lilyglow, began to chatter excitedly. "More Highthings come to homeplace! Is much good~~ Is almost like Belonging Time, right Redshadow Highthing?" It gave a large happy grin and tugged slightly on Sebas' hair. He sighed and spoke in a confused voice. "Im not sure what your talking about Lilyglow, I dont know where we are."

Suddenly a part of what Lilyglow meant became obvious. There were other elves here, Sunfolk by the looks of them. And a large creature which I had never seen in my travels between the wolfrider holt and my Goback mother's lodge, a creature which also seemed to rub the wolves the wrong way. They werent sure whether to growl at it or be frightened of the large scaly creature which seemed to be friends with the short red-haired Sunfolk. Based on what Ive learned from the Chiefs Sunfolk lifemate, her people were a peaceful people, so I doubted we had anything to fear from them. Even so, I moved cautiously around the creature as I stepped forward to greet the others....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ill add more to this tomorrow before the large plot moving post. I have a massive headache atm >.<