Thread: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

Hybrid View

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

WINDSONG

As we approached the cave entrance by dusk, my mind was racing on many thoughts when I heard a commotion behind Ruya and I. I pulled on Willow to stop and turned to see what it was. I noticed Ruya too had stopped and turned also. " Zek is being carried by his friend Kozu but not in the normal way," I said to Ruya, as I tilted my head in amusement as to what I was seeing. " But what is normal for us isn't so much for Zek I supposed." Ruya exclaimed. Ruya and I both smiled "I don't know about him sometimes, but you can't help but like him." I said looking over at Ruya. "I worry about him though," I said looking back at Zek,"but he has made it this far in life......." I smiled larger as he noticed us looking at him and he got a huge grin on his face and waved.

But suddenly his grinned turned past us and his eyes were focused on something from behind as he pointed. I turned back around to see what he was pointing at. "Troll" I said softly and as I did Ruya turned around too. There in front of us...... was a troll.............the thing I was dreading. All the emotions I was feeling since the night we left Sorrow's End came flooding in all at once. Feelings that I have kept hidden for many years. Of a strong hate toward trolls. Me hating was not my nature and I managed to keep it buried deep inside of me until the call came. Knowing all too well that Ruya was feeling some emotions of her own, I knew I had to take action fast to try to make a peaceful jester towards this troll before either one of us acted on our emotions or that he decided that killing us was the thing to do. I sense an uneasiness with him and knew he was one not to be trusted.

I had heard that if you make a deal with the trolls, a trade of some sort, they would give you passage through the cave but whether they keep their end of the bargain is something else. They will turn on you without warning.

"Mother", there are others, I can feel their presence." Ruya said with caution in her voice. I whispered "OK" Ruya whispered back, "and there is another presence I am feeling, but its not a troll....... a presence I have felt before, good and kind."

I nodded at the troll and smiled and made an offer to him but the troll grumbled and started moving towards me and Ruya with a curious look on his face. He kept staring at my necklace. Finally, he pointed at my necklace, I knew he wanted it. "Thats not a bad trinket you have there," the troll said slyly. What........ my necklace, the necklace Fion gave me and this troll wanted it! How ironic, the necklace Fion gave me long ago, a troll wanting it and it was trolls that murdered Fion. He pointed to the cave, "If you want to go through, I'll need some payment and that cheap jewelry would do." He sneered again. I closed my eyes in disbelief, and sighed. "Mother, no, not your necklace, not Father's necklace!! Offer something else" Ruya said excitely. But I knew he wouldn't take anything else. What an odd thing to want but maybe it was their way to get us inside the cave without resistance.... without force. Or........what could have been so interesting to a troll about my necklace??

By this time Zek was by my side and two other trolls had come in behind the first troll and I knew we were in trouble. I looked at Ruya then over at Zek. He knew by how I was looking at him that we better get a plan ready just in case. I turned my attention to the first troll and nodded but made it understood, he would get it only after we were through the cave safe and sound.

The trolls turned around and motioned for us to follow to the entrance of the cave. "Be on guard, I sense they are up to no good" I warned. "Ruya, stay close to me." I whispered. "Zek, keep your eyes open especially when we get inside." I said cautiously. Slowly, we walked to the entrance of the cave and without warning two more Trolls came up behind us. As they surrounded us Zek started playing his flute and started dancing all around the Trolls. He caught them off guard with his actions and I knew that he was distracting them so I could have time to summon the wind. But before I could a being came from out of nowhere and somehow made the trolls fly through the air. Ruya and I scrambled to the ground to get out of the way while Zek shielded us by putting his arms out around us. When it was all over, the trolls were out cold.

When all was quiet, we slowly got up and turned to face the being that stood before us. She was beautiful, tall with long blonde hair with the bluest eyes. She spoke to us softly and said, "My name is Aroree, I am a Glider and I have come to go with you North to answer the call." I remembered her from back at Sorrow's End and was in awe of such a person. My Mother had told me stories of Gliders and was happy to see her with us.

tag...........hope this is ok, wasn't sure how you all wanted it to go.
    Last edited by Miryawind; 17th May 2009 at 07:11 PM.

Today is a brand new day with no mistakes in it...yet.

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

Vapourmist
    ----------------------------

He had seen Frostfur fall off her wolf, hitting the ground with a loud thump.

"Frostfur!" he called out as Kumar skid across the ground to turn around. In a matter of moments, Mist was by her side. Sebas had noticed as well.

"Is she ok?" he asked, a bit worried when he noticed she was barely moving. Mist looked over her. One the sounds, just a couple of scratches, maybe even a light bruise from the fall. But being a healer, Mist could tell there was much more to this.

"She's exhausted," He murmured softly, "She's been running herself to her limits. She couldn't take much more."

At that point, Frostfur stirred. Weakly, as if possessed, she tried to keep moving. Thankfully in her condition, it was easy for Mist to stop her.

"You need to rest," he replied sternly.

"Must....keep....going...."

"Try and your body may as well fall to pieces. You can't keep going like this. You need to rest!"

She clearly wasn't listening as she continued her feeble struggling. Mist sighed, shaking his head.

"Um, anything I can do?" Sebas asked. Mist looked up at him.

"Would you mind holding her down? I'd need my hands free for this."
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!