Ok first lets look at the two main theories:
Intellegent Design vs Evolution

Most people can only think in black and white, for one to be right the other must be wrong. But I dont believe that, I believe that they are both right in a sense because they in fact dont conflict as much as some may think.

Look at it this way.

In the Bible it says the Universe and earth and all its creatures were created in 6 days, and on the 7th God rested. Now if taken literally this does indeed sound daunting to believe in for many people. But, take into consideration the kind of being we are dealing with. God is said to be omnipresent "In the beginning there was God". Ageless limitless etc. We as humans live short lives, an hour, a day, a year, all of these are measureable to us in ways that are easy for us to comprehend. You can watch an hour go by if you stare at the clock long enough, you can count a year by crossing off days on the calendar. We see a day pass by the rising and setting of the sun. We are comfortable with our concept of that which is in reality unmeasureable--Time.
What is a day to one such as God then? He has no set limit on his life, no age, or at least not one we can comprehend. A day to someone who can live forever may be a million years. So the earth may not have been made in a human day, but a day for God, which would fit with the theory of the world being formed over thousands of years.
Now personally I dont believe in evolution, Darwin had some screwed up ideas. They wont print it in todays books, they abidge him now, but when he first wrote his orgin of species he also wrote about the "evolution" of the human race, which nowadays would be considered racist. I do however believe in the concept of adaptation, the belief that animals will adapt to their suroundings in order to survive. The finches on the galapagos Islands didnt stop being finches, they didnt become another higher form of bird like eagles, they just adapted their feeding tools to where they lived. They stayed the same species, just with different shaped beaks so that they could feed on the food sources unique to their homes. Black people, White people, asians etc. are all the same species, but over time due to environment and diet, adapted with different features to better suit where they live.
Humans probably ddnt appear on earth as the exact being we are today. I know there was a lower form of human in the past, but its ridiculous to believe that humans developed out of an entirely different species such as apes. Many people try to argue that humans and chimps have only about a (I believe) 8% difference in genome, as if that means we are related. Considering how big the genome is, and considering how even a slight variant can have wildly different outcomes, this certainly doesnt prove we came from the same ancient ancestor.

So in conclusion if taking into account the fact that time for us is relative and that for a supreme being a day may span much farther than our lifetimes, and understanding that an animal adapting to its surroundings makes more sense than an animal changing into a completely different animal, these two theories are not bitter rivalling enemies at all. They may be hard to grasp together, and may be worded in different ways, but they both speak of the same thing. If you know how to look at something with an open mind, you can see that the way the world works can be very simple, in a scientific or a divine way.

Oh and you dont have to agree with me, I just like getting what I think out there ^-^ Keep the religion bashing to a minimum please, lets all respect each other as people