Well, I now I'm waaaaaaaaaaayy behind on this, since I just began reading it, but I'm already getting reading pulses.

Jean paused for a moment. “I’ll ring Mum and Dad,” she answered finally, her eyes still bright.

Wesley nodded in agreement, then strained his ears to hear any noise from the Elite Four battle on the downstairs TV.

“One step ahead of ya,” Lisa said, once again making sure her chin was jutting forward confidently. “Right now they’re in Mt Moon: no mobile phone coverage. They’re probably knee deep in Omanyte by now, anyway.”

Jean's eyes lost their fiendish glow. She knew she was beaten...
- This part made me feel "satisfied", not because I'm vengeful or anything, but because, being the 2nd of 5 children, I know what is like to have a little brother who loves to screw one's plans and get away with it. Obviously, it reminded me of my childhood, so I really felt this part. Awesome job!

After all, there was nothing scary about the piles of debris, wooden planks, pieces of tarp and cloth and general litter that covered the floor of the Burned Tower.
This part made me laugh. I don't know if it was meant to be sarcastic, but if it was, it was nicely done too. Also, it was a very accurate description of a burned lace and of course, of the brass tower we loved so much from GSC where the three legendary dogs awaited.

... And then, with speed Lisa had never witnessed before, Suicune bounded upward, through the hole in the floor, charging through the ancient wooden door of the Burned Tower and south – out of Ecruteak.
...when I finished reading this, for some reason, I thought of the following: "Suicune - Bounce attack". I know, its a crazy thought, and a really random one (since Suicune doesn't learn Bounce), but that's honestly what came to mind. Apart from this, I have to say that this is a nice cliffhanger, since it leaves the reader with the question: Could Lisa and Aimom resist the blinding speed of Suicune when it jumped one floor and rushed outside the building? Is she still holding on to Suicune's fur? I have to say it's nicely done.

Well, I hope to read some other chapters soon, but I'll go 1-2 chapters at a time, since I don't want to read a lot of chapters and lose the essence of serious reading.

See you around!

PS: I have to say that I'm a bit embarrassed, but I guess this is the first step in becoming a reader.

Louis (Shadow Wolf)