“Where have you been?!” Lisa exploded.

“Well, I kind of wanted to ask you that …” Gavin muttered.

“She asked you first,” said Marina sleekly.

Lisa grinned appreciatively in Marina’s direction.
Heh. Good move, Marina.

As she trudged through the motions of her lie, Lisa felt a familiar pang of guilt in her stomach at being dishonest with her closest friends – she wondered if she sounded authentic or not – but Gavin did not question her tale. He gasped in all the right places, assuming, like any friend would, that he was being told the truth. She knew, too, that she was only telling a white lie, but it felt foreign and unsettling to not be upfront with her two closest friends. Perhaps the worst thing was, as Marina had remarked earlier that day, how easily the lies now came. But what other choice did she have?
Yeah. Having to lie to people you care about sucks.

“Oh, for God’s sakes, you two!” Marina cried loudly, making them both jump. “You’ve been back together five seconds and you’re already bickering! Can we just keep it casual, PLEASE? You’re meant to be friends, dammit!”
There is just something I like about this quote. Especially the "You're meant to be friends, dammit!" part.

That Mrs Stone is a real bitch. She heard me say the word ‘crap’ to Darius and she made me wash out twenty empty jam jars. TWENTY! Crap’s not even a real swear word!
Pfff... XD I shudder to think how many jar-washings it'd cost were she to find out that she'd been called a bitch.

“WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY WITH ME?”

Lisa nearly shrieked it; she wouldn’t have been surprised if everyone in the household had woken up at once, but she was beyond caring: she couldn’t fathom why on earth Gavin was so incensed with her, nor why she was so incensed with him.

“Because,” Gavin said bitterly, locking eyes with her; his chestnut-brown irises were steely, “you’ve had so many chances, so many lucky escapes, so many people who’ve stuck their necks out for you, and apparently it means absolutely nothing to you!”

Without another look at her, he stormed off down the hall, his door slamming so loudly that Jamie, oblivious to the entire argument thus far, suddenly started and murmured, “Wassat?” before falling back to sleep.
I like that last paragraph there following what it did. There was that really intense moment, and then Jamie went and sort of opened a valve on it there. Kind of a fun little bit of contrast.

“The weirdest thing is that … I don’t even know what we were arguing about, really,” Lisa admitted, flicking a stubborn baked bean into its plastic grave.
I have no idea why I like a trashcan being referred to as a "plastic grave" as much as I do, but, well, there it is.

Lisa's certainly been given something to think about. I wonder what she'll decide to do.