Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Hybrid View

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 72 now up! (27th August)

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Chapter 73 will be up in about a week. It's ready to go, but I know that there are at least a couple of readers (mattbcl and Becky - as well as Louis of course) who are/may be reading through older chapters trying to catch up, plus some other readers (mr_pikachu, mistysakura, PancaKe, and maybe some other now-closet readers?) who are still catching up on the sidelines, so I don't want to leave them all in the dust by going too fast. But it will be up soon!
    Hey, don't worry about me. I like to go at my own pace while reading, and I get more motivated when new chapters are up, so don't hesitate to keep posting new chapters (I don't know what the others think, but these are my two cents about it, so for me, no worries )

Well, chapter 4 went by really quick, so I don't plan to quote this time. However, I do have some things to share.

-Well, Tyler is an arrogant idiot, that's for sure. I expected that he also used a starter, but the stealing of it is not shown (or if it did happened, then it hasn't been said yet). In any case, I think Hiro might need a water pokemon to deal with Magmar and Golem, since those two are an annoyance to his dear bug pokemon and to his Cyndaquil too (I believe Golem is a Rock/Ground type, so is he can't get a water pokemon, then a ground pokemon will be a nice addition to his team. Overall, nice job describing Tyler.

-The rivalry between them reminds me of the many movies where this has been portrayed (Dodgeball, Grandma's Boy, Just Go With It...). It doesn't matter is it happens in series, movies, games, animes... rivalries are a nice addition; and when their backgrounds are portrayed, it becomes an essential part of the story. Watch out Lisa... a rival-in-the-making might appear soon (for some reason, I thought of Eusine... but who knows. )

-Finally, the last scene was very funny because at first, it seems like a meditating thought, but it suddenly turned to be a funny scene. So nice twist there! You had me laughing for a minute with that one.

Well, Let's see what awaits for young Lisa in the future. Later!

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 72 now up! (27th August)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf View Post
    Well, Tyler is an arrogant idiot, that's for sure. I expected that he also used a starter, but the stealing of it is not shown (or if it did happened, then it hasn't been said yet). In any case, I think Hiro might need a water pokemon to deal with Magmar and Golem, since those two are an annoyance to his dear bug pokemon and to his Cyndaquil too (I believe Golem is a Rock/Ground type, so is he can't get a water pokemon, then a ground pokemon will be a nice addition to his team. Overall, nice job describing Tyler.
    Thanks mate. Looking back, he's kind of a cliche, at least at this stage. But when I was a teenager I did know people pretty similar to him in terms of being obnoxious douches. So maybe cliches ring true.

The rivalry between them reminds me of the many movies where this has been portrayed (Dodgeball, Grandma's Boy, Just Go With It...). It doesn't matter is it happens in series, movies, games, animes... rivalries are a nice addition; and when their backgrounds are portrayed, it becomes an essential part of the story. Watch out Lisa... a rival-in-the-making might appear soon (for some reason, I thought of Eusine... but who knows. )
    Interesting comment. I do agree about rivalries, they can really enrich a story's plot and also bring out a lot of background and information about both the rival and the main character themselves! I won't spoil anything for you - read on.

Finally, the last scene was very funny because at first, it seems like a meditating thought, but it suddenly turned to be a funny scene. So nice twist there! You had me laughing for a minute with that one.

Thanks for reading, Louis. I'm glad you're enjoying those early chapters - I think you will like chapter 5!

Chapter 73 up tonight or tomorrow hopefully. I'm gonna do one more edit (don't want another "timid"/"timidly" situation arising again) before I put it up. So many precious secrets are about to be unfurled in this chapter.

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.